Two Friends (With Icystorm)

[fieldbox=Bailey Fallen, #e0ffff, solid]
Bailey sighed in relief when his wrists were untied, and he didn't make a move to attack. Rubbing his wrists, he looked to the other male curiously. "Considering you haven't done any bodily harm to me, I don't consider you a monster." He would've said the only true monsters were zombies, but even that wasn't true. His worst nightmares had come from human beings, and he would never forget that.

Bringing his knees up to his chest, Bailey waited for the other to speak. There was a hard light in his eyes, because despite having untied him and told him some stuff he still didn't exactly like him. Insults didn't sit well with him. But he was prepared to listen to whatever he said. However, depending on the question, he was prepared not to answer if need be.

He had not been prepared for that question. This man was looking for someone? Surely he knew the chances of that. In these times, it was incredibly rare to find someone you knew from before the virus. He couldn't blame him for trying though. Bailey had a good memory, and sighed when he answered. "I believe I have seen him before. However it was a fleeting meeting, and I never saw him again. I may have an idea of where he's headed, but this was maybe a year or so ago. Don't count on my information."

That pleading look on the other's face told him that this man was of some importance to him. He hadn't been lying when he told him he had seen him before, nor when he knew where he was headed. It had been a while though. "What's the relationship between the two of you?" He was probably pressing it with that question, but knew he wouldn't be hurt regardless. Not when he had valuable information.
[/fieldbox]

Seth was having a hard time believing that this man did not think of him as a monster. He sure as hell had treated him like one. Shot him like a fucking animal. He didn't bring this up, though. If he was wanting to get help from this stranger then it would do no good to start up an argument. Even if he wanted to. It was getting tiring staying decent around this guy, when he was used to people obeying his orders without question.

It was worth it, and he was even more glad he had not started that argument when he heard the answer to his question. Finally, after all this time, he had gotten an answer that was something other than a 'no, I have not'. If he had been alone he would have cried with relief. "That you might have seen him means more to me than you could ever imagine. His name is Drustan." This stranger did not seem the type to talk to people for the hell of it, but if he had talked to the guy he was thinking about then maybe he had learned the guy's name.

"He was my best friend." Seth answered, not at all bothered by the question. "We parted on bad terms and I have not seen him since." His lips lifted in a small, sad smile. "I guess you could say I wanted to be more than friends. Maybe if I had said something he would not have left." There were so many things he could have done to prevent his friend from leaving.

A sudden realization shot its way through Seth, and his features took on a dark appearance. Jack, the man who supposedly never lied, had told him Drustan was dead. He had never been able to believe Jack, but after so long he was starting to think it was his own foolishness that kept the hope alive. But now.. It would all depend on how this stranger answered, but he would love to have a reason to go after Jack.

Had the other male said that out loud, Bailey's argument would've been that he was just incredibly cautious of a lot of things. Plus he had kinda made a threat. In his point of view anyway. Besides, it wasn't something that wouldn't heal so it would be fine anyway. He preferred guns anyway, but it wasn't like he fought with humans very much. His guns were usually reserved for zombies as well. After all, he didn't meet many humans.

Bailey raised an eyebrow curiously. He recognized the name, of course. That short meeting he had had with the other male involved a name, a thanks and a "where you're going". If he recalled correctly, there had been more than a few zombies on the trail of the other and Bailey had been hiding upstairs in a building until he heard gunshots. Peeking out, he'd seen Drustan only barely holding back a horde. With his rifle, he picked off as many as he could before dashing downstairs and helping out. That was the first and last time he had seen him.

"I see," the man said, thinking on his words. However something perked his interest. "More than just friends?" He asked, wondering if he was taking it the right way. What exactly did he mean? Was he gay? Not that Bailey had anything against them however, he just didn't seem the type. Of course, not that Bailey had any idea what people were like. He tried to avoid them as much as possible.

Noticing the darker look on the man, Bailey shifted just slightly. Trying to change the topic, Bailey sighed softly. "My name is Bailey. Yours?" It had only occurred to him then that he had no idea what to call him. It hadn't come up at all, and despite not really wanting to get to know the other all that much he thought it might've helped with the conversation.
[/fieldbox]

Seth watched the stranger closely, hoping to learn something from features alone before the guy spoke. The stranger did not say for sure if Drustan was the man he saw, but the raising of an eyebrow was a good hint. Did that mean he recognized the name? He sure hoped so. He had done some horrible things in this life, mainly his childhood, and felt like he had been paying the price, but then the world went and took away the one person he cared about. It had been a few years, so certainly his past sins had been paid for by now.

"Yeah. I guess you could say I wanted to be lovers." Seth flashed the stranger a knowing smile. He knew exactly what the guy must be thinking, and it amused him to be speaking about it. He didn't really understand it himself, but he didn't try to understand, he just accepted. "I'm not gay. I'm attracted to girls, but I am not really one that girls want to keep around. They can sense a danger factor about me, and they want that, but never more than a night." Seth paused, thinking about his next words. "Then there was Drustan. He started hanging around me, and even though he's a guy, he always had my back and didn't seem bothered by me. I guess after while my feelings just sort of grew, and now here I am."

Here he was. A nobody like always, and seeking help from others in hopes of becoming something, in one way or another. It was about time he did something with his life instead of reigning over this broken city. Now that the world was just as chaotic as where he lived, maybe he would be able to find happiness in this broken mess. Or maybe not. Either way at least he could say he tried, and that was more than his past self could say.

Seth blinked at the stranger before shaking off the dark feeling. It would serve him no use right now. "Bailey, huh? I'd say it is nice to meet you, but I doubt you would agree with the statement at the moment. The name's Seth." He put his hands behind his head and leaned back, feet stretch out in front of him. "So, was it Drustan that you saw?"

Bailey chuckled softly to himself. Was it that obvious, what he thought? Well, he had been not too subtle with his choice of wording. Even though the other confused him with what he had said, the scarred male just shrugged and went along with it. How other people dealt with love, that was up to them. He didn't care. He wasn't gay either, and he certainly hadn't felt whatever this guy was feeling before. He didn't really have many close friends, as anyone could tell. What he did understand however, was always having another person's back. A twisted smile was seen for a second before it disappeared.

The blonde sighed softly to himself as he tried to keep those memories repressed. They were hateful memories, hateful because he had failed. Failed, and lost everything. Now was not the time, and he certainly had no intention of sharing these thoughts with the other. It was his own, sad sob story he had to deal with, and he wouldn't make it any one else's problem. He had his own demons to deal with.

"Seth, huh?" Bailey smiled lazily, resting his head against the wall. "Well I mean, you did take me here against my will. Sorry about the uh, shoulder by the way." He didn't well, he didn't really care about the shot. In his point of view, Seth had kinda deserved it. He had been an asshole after all. Calling people cowards and bitches weren't very high up on his list.

"Yes it was Drustan. I saved his life. There was a horde of zombies on his ass and I shot a few of them to help him out before going down to meet him. There were more coming, so our meeting was short." Bailey just shrugged. That was all that had happened, though he did know where he was going. If he was still going there, anyway. It had been a long, long time.
[/fieldbox]

A laugh escaped Seth and he smiled, showing his teeth. He and Bailey really had not met on good terms. They had both been to hasty to use what they had: Seth with his words and Bailey with his weapons. He had to hand it to the guy, though. Bailey had guts. He himself hadn't been the brightest when it came to that confrontation. Even thought he threw away his weapons, trust was a lot to ask of someone, and he knew how he looked. He had a rugged appearance that screamed respect, but he was also sexy as hell.

"Can't say I feel bad for taking you hear against your will. It all could have been avoided if you had just relaxed a bit when at the supermarket. Can't blame you for shooting me, though. I wanted you to, just a little more to the left." Seth tapped had chest, the smile he now wore a deadly one that faded into a more serene look a few moments later. "Now I am glad you didn't."

Seth closed his eyes, letting Bailey's words flow through him. So Drustan really was alive, at least last time Bailey saw him. The bastard. He hadn't even tried to come back, so now Seth knew he still meant nothing to the Scottish lad. That was fine, he still loved the bastard all the same. Maybe he would leave this place soon and try to make things right between them again.

Seth opened his eyes to look at Bailey. "Thank you. For both helping Drustan and telling me all this." Now was the more difficult part. Bailey had been the last to see Drustan, and Seth knew nothing of where everything was located. It was only right that he let the man go, but he might also need him to show him the way. Could he convince Bailey to stay and help him when the time came? "So, you heading anywhere specific?"

Bailey sighed softly, shrugging. "I don't trust people," he said simply. However the second part of his sentence made him frown. "You know, you don't look like someone who's suicidal. He means that much to you?" Bailey asked. It wasn't like he didn't understand. Oh he did. He really, really did. That one person, who means the world. But that person would've wanted him to go on... Not kill himself. It had been hard... Harder than he thought. No. Not again. He needed to put it out of his mind. The only thing he got out of it was hurt, he needed to forget.

At least now, Seth wasn't suicidal. He thought. Bailey was also, just a little bit, glad he didn't aim for a killing shot. Then he chuckled softly, remembering that the other had threatened him that he wouldn't leave the grocery shop without him. So despite what Seth said, perhaps he didn't really want to die. Or maybe he had been trying to protect the other guy. Oh who cares.

Watching Seth close his eyes, Bailey could see the appeal that some girls might've had. Or might not have. Fuck, he didn't know. He wasn't around people much. And he was straight, so how the hell would he know? With a sigh, he hit his head lightly on the wall. Now was probably not the right time to think about how the other looked.

"Uh, no problem? It was a long time ago anyway." Bailey just shrugged. He wanted to get out of there, if he was going to be honest. There was no point in sticking around. Human interaction sucked. He shot someone. For some reason, that someone hadn't killed him when he had. Even though he now knew the reason, he still found it strange.

However the next question left him feeling suspicious and tense. Sitting up, he narrowed his eyes. "Why do you want to know?" He asked, trying to keep his tone light but failing. It was clear he didn't like the question. Was he going to send men after him later? Maybe a lie would keep him off his trail. However he thought there was more to it, so he let Seth answer before deciding.
[/fieldbox]

"I guess I can understand that." It was hard to trust people after the world went to shit. Hell, it was hard to trust people even before zombies became a real thing. That was to be expected when living on the streets, though. Everyone wanted what others had, so you had no choice but to make enemies instead of friends. Life had strange ways since now some of those enemies were his friends. They decided to stay and trust that he could keep them safe, while he did the same for them. Seth gave an internal sigh. And now he was thinking about leaving them.

Seth ran a hand through his hair. That was a difficult question to answer. "Yes and no. He does mean a lot to me, but that is not a big enough reason for me to want to die. I guess I'm just tired. I'm here, but I don't feel like I'm living. The only time I feel alive is when I am fighting or in pain." The adrenaline rush that came with a good fight, it was impossible to not feel alive. Pain gave a person no choice but to realize they were alive, and when it came to pain with him he embraced it.

Looking at Bailey he tried to hide the sudden confusion he felt. What did this guy care if he were alive or dead anyway? If he were dead then Bailey wouldn't be in this situation and that is probably how the Bailey wanted it. Seth couldn't let him go, though. Not yet anyway. He needed this man, and maybe Bailey could gain something from staying also. People are not all bad, you just have to find the right ones.

Seth felt his lips curve down, trying to think of the best way to answer that. He was never good with words which is why he also spoke what was on his mind, but if he did not tread carefully this conversation could go south quickly. "If I decide to leave I might need your help because I'd have no clue where to go." That was the truth, and he felt no shame in admitting it.

Bailey had never really had a problem with the old world. In fact, he'd been doing quite well for himself. Popular in school, had a girlfriend, and his parents were relatively well off. Of course he'd give anything to go back to it, however this life hadn't been so bad. Not for a little while, at least. His girlfriend had been one of the first infected, and although it was hard, he had put her down. At that though, Bailey chuckled. Back then, he had thought it was true love. Oh how he had been so wrong.

"You... Are weird." Bailey stated. He was such a damn hypocrite. Because he was also tired. He had been wandering the past 3 years lost, unsure of himself and no clue where to go. He only kept himself alive because it had been a promise he made. And a promise he would stick too. But he was tired. There was no purpose in his life, no meaning.

His scar pulsed, almost warningly. It hurt occasionally from time to time. Tracing the scar with a finger, Bailey sighed. What exactly did Seth want? He'd already told him that Drustan was alive, surely he'd be let go now. Back to roaming the earth with nothing to do. Or maybe they'd kill him. He'd fight, but against that many men it was likely impossible.

Bailey narrowed his eyes. "You don't have maps around here?" He asked, gesturing to the place he was trapped in. Surely they had maps. Even if they didn't, they could've easily found more in the houses nearby. Why did he need his help? "I can tell you what he told me, and you can be on your way. I'll be on mine. Surely you can survive on your own out there," he added, giving Seth a look. Surely he could. Plus he had all those men.

Then something else occurred to him. Best to shoot it down while he could. "Look, I don't play well with others. So if you have any ideas of using me as a guide, kill it now. Sorry, but I'm not going out of my way to help some stranger." That was that. Even if he was wrong, at least he had spoken his mind. Now it was up to Seth.
[/fieldbox]

Seth let out a gusty laugh and leaned back, watching Bailey out of the corner of his eye. He was weird. He couldn't deny that, but he found himself weird for other reasons. No one would choose the life he made for himself, the life he had before the virus, yet here he was still living that life. He had never went back to apologize to his parents, and now it was too late. They were probably gone. He had been selfish and hurt them until their very last breath. Perhaps weird wasn't the right word to describe his person. He was a horrible one.

A weight seemed to press down on his shoulders. "Was it so wrong to want to die? Where is the meaning in this world?" Bailey couldn't tell him there was some reason they were here, where everyone would die sooner rather than later. The sigh that came after Bailey traced his scar told him that the other guy felt the same, but like him couldn't end it. Or maybe he was reading too much into nothing, either way the virus had destroyed all meaning. Now what was there to do? Survive? Seth gave a dark laugh. If he was going to survive, he at least wanted to get laid, and he couldn't even do that. There were no girls here, and he would be damned if he was going to get with another guy, the exception being Drustan.

The next question helped shake some of the devastating thoughts away. No, they did not have maps, but they could easily find one. Much good that would do, though. "I'd have no problem surviving on my own." He had been doing that since a young age. "I'd also appreciate hearing what he told you, but I don't know how to read a map, and I am not going to have one of my men come along and risk their life." He was suppose to protect them, and this was a way to do that. He wasn't going to drag one away from the safe place they created.

Seth frowned, thinking of the best way to respond. He needed this man, and didn't want to force him. He was saved from having to answer for a few minutes at least when a knock sounded on the door. Knowing what it was about, he looked at Bailey. "Do you mind if they bring my knives in? They can be set on the other side of the room if it helps."

Bailey closed his eyes for a moment, letting himself remember what had happened before this virus had taken hold. His parents, his friends. All gone, in an instant. Well, not exactly. No, it had been slow. Slow, as he watched the virus take hold and not let go. They had been his first kills. Not that he was counting, but he would always remember them. Sometimes, during his darkest moments, he wished he could see them again. Because wishing otherwise was useless, pointless, and it wouldn't bring them back. Nothing would.

For the both of them, there was no meaning in this world. Nothing to give it meaning either. They were both just... Surviving. However dying wasn't an option. For him, it was a promise. Bailey smiled forlornly, staring off into the distance. Sometimes, during the midst of a fight, he wished that he would make some sort of mistake and be killed. It'd be easier that way. He wouldn't have suicide on his conscience, and he'd be dead. Better for everyone. Except no, he tried to live as hard as he could. He had to.

Bailey stared at Seth as if he had grown a second head. "You don't know how to read a map?" He asked, surprised. Bailey thought everyone in this day and age knew how to read a map. "Nobody taught you?" Then again, it didn't look like Seth got out much. Still, being able to read a map was vital knowledge. Still, the scarred male wasn't about to let him tag along. He hated company with a passion. They were always too loud, too noisy, too something. He had no doubts that this one would be another too.

When the knock sounded, he glanced towards the door. "Sure," he shrugged. There wasn't much he could do anyway. This guy was the boss after all. Bailey was just a prisoner. Who had useful information. Bailey was still very unwilling to be a guide. Seth was going to have to find a way around that.
[/fieldbox]

Seeing Bailey's reaction, Seth grinned with amusement. Was it really that surprising? "I ran away from home at young age. Didn't exactly get much schooling." While he was young, some kids had tried to help teach him some things, but that did not last long. Seth hadn't been the easiest guy to get along with when younger. He always had to be the boss, still did, and had been ok using violence to keep his way. So even if he could have learned, he made it so those willing didn't want to be around him. Nobody wanted to be around a bully.

"Come in!" Seth watched with a bored expression as the door opened. The fedora wearing male walked into the room, and Seth forced his expression not to change, at least not yet. This was the last man he wanted to see. Anger boiled in him as he motioned for Jack to bring the knives to him. He relaxed into the couch as he watched Jack walk over to him, the other man walking with his usual sure-footed gait, head held high. The bastard acted like he owned the place.

Seth waited until Jack had stopped next to him and signaled for the knives to be dropped onto the couch next to him. As soon as the first knife hit the couch, he grabbed it and sprang, pushing Jack back so the man was pinned against the wall. The knife was pressed against his use-to-be friend's throat. "You told me Drustan was dead. Give me one reason I should not skin you alive." His voice was a menacing growl. This probably was not making him look good on Bailey's end, but right now he did not care.

Jack stared at Seth, unfazed by the whole situation. The knife against his throat didn't bother him, even when a drop of blood trickled down his skin. He was a simple man, only able to feel half of the emotions others felt. Fear was not something he ever experienced, and it was something he never would. Seth's threat meant nothing to him, and in a way he found it amusing. "Your men would not agree with that decision, or am I wrong about that?" Jack's lips curved into a smile, knowing very well he was right.

Seth's grip on the knife tightened, but after a moment he pulled away. Without a good reason the action would not look good in their eyes, and they knew nothing of the history he had with Jack. "Get out of my sight." He watched as Jack turned and walked out the door, but not before the fedora wearer gave Bailey a look that gave away nothing of what he was thinking. With a groan Seth backed and and fell into the couch. Now he had to deal with Bailey.

But maps... Bailey could understand that he didn't get much education, but still. Maps. They were extremely important. Hell, he'd teach him if they had time. So long as he didn't go with him. However looking over him, he wondered why other people didn't teach him. It was an easy enough skill, and surely people would be kind enough to teach others. Maybe there was something about the other that he didn't know just yet?

However he did see more of his character when the other guy walked in.

At first it looked like everything was okay. The guy brought in the knives, and set them down on the couch. Which was when Seth sprang. Bailey was slightly surprised, having not expected action. He immediately tensed when Seth grabbed the knife, however relaxed just a bit when he realised it wasn't for him. No, instead it was the for the guy wearing the fedora. He could only watch as the knife was pressed to the other's neck, that small bead of blood trickling down seemingly not bothering the both of them.

When he spoke, the scarred male simply raised an eyebrow as he listened. So he had thought Drustan was dead? Yet had hope all this time? Bailey scoffed lightly, amazed that he had held on to that belief the entire time despite being told otherwise. Even though it had been a lie, holding on to something like that for so long... Bailey couldn't imagine. Then again, Drustan hadn't died in front of his eyes.

The way fedora guy spoke, and looked, sent shivers down Bailey's spine. There was just something... Wrong with him. He just felt off, and Bailey couldn't place a finger on it. He didn't care if Seth killed the guy or not, but he definitely would've asked why. It's not usual just to kill someone out of nowhere. But no, he let him go, and the look Bailey got when the other left the room sent another shiver down his spine. Probably best to avoid him. Turning back to Seth, he shrugged before saying, "bad history?"
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a surprise. Bailey didn't seem too bothered by the violent outburst he just had. If only he could have taken it one step farther and pressed that knife a little harder. To end the man who seemed to have no problem destroying the lives of others. The man who was the bane of his problems. The man who helped drive Drustan away. The man who had no problem watching a young kid die. Yes, one could say they had a bad history.

Seth tilted his head back. For once he did not want to go into a long story. He had been open with Bailey so far, telling things about himself that Bailey probably did not care to hear, but this was not one of those things he wanted to talk about. At least not yet. Best to wait until the fires of anger had calmed. If Bailey wanted to know about it later, which Seth was not sure why the other man would, then he would tell all about the jackal of a man.

His head turned to the side to look at Bailey, his eyes haunted by thoughts of the past and a sparked with a burning hatred for some of his own past decisions and they man they involved. "You could say that. And now I have to figure out what to do with the guy." Jack had seemed quite sure that no harm was going to come to him, so there had to be something else going on. Just knowing that Seth's men would not have approved of the decision should not have been enough. If he knew Jack, the man had a plan A, B, and C, and is working on having a plan D and E. Seth on the other hand didn't even have a plan A.

Figuring that out could wait. Right now he had to deal with Bailey, and maybe what came out of this would end up as a plan A. Seth jumped right into where they had left off. "It seems you have went out of your way to help strangers before. Why not now?" Bailey had went out of his way to help Drustan, and sure that situation was different than this one, but if Bailey didn't have anywhere he was going then he didn't see what the big deal would be.

Watching Seth closely, he could tell that what had happened with this other guy was bothering him. However he didn't know what to say. What, was he meant to comfort him? Hah. As if. Bailey would probably just say the wrong thing anyway, so he kept his mouth shut. People. He should have probably worked on his people skills a little more, but with a zombie apocalypse there hadn't been much time nor people left.

The scarred male shifted his position slightly, sitting up a bit more but his back pressed more against the wall. He really really wanted to get out of there and on his way. But that relied on the man sitting on the couch. "Who exactly is he, anyway?" Bailey asked, curiosity getting the better of him. While Seth seemed to be the boss, that other guy definitely had some sway. And he didn't like the feeling the other gave him.

However that apparently wasn't the main part of their conversation. Why, why was he so insistent to use Bailey as a guide? Could he not just take no for an answer? "I didn't exactly go out of my way. Why do you want me to help so much? If you're not willing to risk your men, why risk me?" He seemed irritated. "Look... I'm sorry, but I have other things to do than babysit."[/fieldbox]

Who was Jack? With so many answers he could give Seth found that difficult to answer. Jack was an old friend, a seemingly emotionless creature, a wielder of words, and someone who could be labeled as dangerous under the right circumstances. He settled for none of those and instead went with a different response. "A monster unable to give a damn about anyone other than himself." From what he had seen, Jack could care less about another living being, and Seth could not understand how someone could be like that.

That was one question out of the way, now for the bigger problem. There had to be a way to convince Bailey to help him without forcing the other guy into it. Turning his attention to the knives, he began shoving them under the couch cushions, making sure they were spread out so he always had one in grabbing distance. It was always better to be safe than sorry, especially since this is where he slept and one was at their most vulnerable during times of rest.

Seth finished this task and turned back to Bailey. "You are used to travelling while my men aren't." Most have lived their whole lives in the one city, so even though they were skilled on the streets that was not to say they would be any good elsewhere. There was also the whole keeping them safe, and here was the safest. The babysit comment annoyed him, but he tried to shrug it off an ignore it. "I don't know what other things you have to do, but I can make it worth your while. Just name what you want."

"I... See." Well, Bailey certainly hadn't been expecting that response. A monster seemed a bit extreme. Sure, he was a little unnerving, but then again Bailey didn't know him well enough to judge. Also he didn't know Seth well enough to trust his response. Either way, the topic would be dropped soon as they had something else to talk about which the scarred male wasn't too happy with.

As the other began to move his knives around, the blonde watched with interest. Was he planning to attack? Unlikely. He appeared to be shoving them under the mattress. Not like he knew why, and he wouldn't ask as it would likely be a stupid question.

With a sigh, Bailey hit his head lightly on the wall. Seth had a point. None of his men knew their way around anything, probably just the city and would likely be useless once there were great plains and forests in their way. He supposed he was the only one who likely knew his way around and how to survive. Still, it didn't mean he'd just give in that easily because the other simply had no one else to go with him.

"Look, there's nothing I want. There's nothing possible you could give me that could make me even consider taking you along." Well, there was one thing, but it was impossible. They hadn't exactly been given the power to resurrect people from the dead. "I'm sure you can figure things out by yourself. You don't need me." Bailey just wanted to get out of there.[/fieldbox]

Seth looked up at the ceiling, needing a new plan. This Bailey guy sure was stubborn, and maybe he didn't need the guy but it sure as hell would make things a lot easier. If there was nothing the guy wanted..then what? What else could he do? Make it so Bailey could not leave until he agreed to the terms. It was an option but not one he liked. He could always try letting the guy go and follow him, but then there was a chance he would lose the guy's trail, and from what he had seen it wouldn't be too hard for Bailey to kick Seth off his trail.

Seth stood up and walked over to the window, looking down at the man that stood guard under it. Could he consider taking one of his men with him? The answer was still no. If anything he would go by himself, but there was still a chance he could convince Bailey. He would try until he ran out of ideas.

Running his hand through his hair, Seth turned around and after glancing around the room focused on the other man. An idea struck him, probably not the best plan in the book, but it was worth a shot. Keeping his hands where Bailey could see them he slowly approached and crouched down. He was not exactly in front of Bailey, more to the side of him, but that was close enough and exactly where he wanted to be. "I'm desperate."

Bailey just stared at him. Did he really think that was going to work? Yeah sure, he was desperate, but it still didn't mean Bailey had to help him. There were, well, not plenty, but other people he could take instead. Bailey did not want to be dragged down by what he assumed to be a useless let down.

But at the same time, he felt just slightly bad. Bailey had had to learn everything by himself with no teacher or mentor or anything. He didn't want to subject someone else to the same experience. It had been a long, hard journey, and he was sure that Seth would die without any help. Well, it wasn't like he really cared... He didn't know the guy, why should he care for him?

A memory surfaced, and the scarred male hesitated. Why indeed... With a sigh, Bailey closed his eyes. He didn't want to see the other begging. It would only weaken his resolve. Why couldn't he just teach the other some basic survival tools and be on his way? Something told him that the other wouldn't just accept that. It seems he was determined to go with him.

Syrin... If only you were here right now. [/fieldbox]

Seth stared right back, trying to figure out what was going through Bailey's head. The other man had not said anything, and that made it hard for him to know what to do since the silence could be a good sign or a bad sign. Was Bailey going to refuse or give in? He didn't know, so he stayed silent for a minute as he debated what to do.

He could go by himself, but there were too many what-ifs for his liking. What if he could lost? Ok, that wasn't too big of a deal. He could manage to fend for himself until he found some more people. What if he got bitten? If that were the case he would have no problem killing himself, but it would suck if he was unable to end his own life. What if he could not find Drustan, or worse still, his friend was already dead? That one he did not have an answer to and was the biggest reason he needed someone with him. If that were to happen he did not know what another person could do, but he knew he needed someone. Possibly to keep him sane.

"This will be the last time I ask. Please help me?" He meant it. He would not ask again. Instead he would go onto a different plan, the plan he had created when first crouching near Bailey. It never hurt to give it one last shot before it came to that, though.