- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
Raina had an issue with sleeping, and if she heard one more remark about how sleeping would improve her attitude or give her the ability to handle her emotions (re: temper) better, she was going to blow soneone's head off. Hogwarts itself had an overstimulation problem - how the fuck were they, as students, suppose to cram hours of information into their heads and them just sleep on command? While August turned to coffee to handle it, Raina was often left with two options.

One of them was reading up on a random subject that interested her that day. More likely than not it was on wand lore. That night was not a reading night, however, it was a doing night. She needed to do something or else the ich under her skin was not going to go away and would leave her tossing and turning. She thought about getting more spell practice in but that she'd wonder towards the towers in case August was up and wanted to do something (probably study but there were times she talked him into something more reckless).

Who she found was not August creeping around, but the Gryffindor he would mention every now and then (actually the whole castle would mention him at some point but Raina tuned out extras and their nonsensical rumors). What the fuck was he up to?

Last edited:
e3e072f34ea34ebb3b25f7e36cbd2787.jpg
It was a quiet night tonight and after all the drama and peace offerings Caleb had to go through he had figured it was high time he relaxed a little bit. And what better way to do so than to dedicate himself to his true passion, broomsticks! And not just any broomstick, Caleb was working on a prototype that hadn't been in the market before. Everyone knew that commercial flight broomsticks were not the most comfortable means of transportation and he aimed to change that.

He had been working on this specific model since last year and he thought he had finally managed to make all the enchantments work. He didn't know if he would be able to make the broomstick lift off however and the Room of Requirement was not necessarily the best place to test this. He had to go to the Training grounds for that.

Sneaking out of Gryffindor Tower was easy enough. The Fat Lady would always grumble about being woken so late in the night, but she had yet to rat him out to any of the Staff. So here he was, in a black hoodie, cargo pants and two broomsticks strapped on his back. A Siberian Arrow and an unknown model. Now all he had to do was reach the entrance undetected. With his running shoes it was easy enough to move around without making much noise and his knowledge of several secret passageways made his work faster than having to properly navigate the Grand Staircase.

It was one such passageway that he quickly ducked to, after a single glance behind his shoulder.

-----
Caleb's Prototype Broomstick

Raina had years of practice sneaking around the castle, but when it appeared she hadn't been noticed by the guy, oh was that opening up all sorts of ways she could mess with him! She let him get far enough out of earshot to cast a quick quietening charm just in case before following after him. The closer she got, the more details she was able to take in of his silhouette, and looked like he was carrying an particular broom. Late night practice then?

She was pretty confident in both her sense of direction and area awareness to make a good guess as to where they were headed - towards the training grounds - so that at least added up. She just couldn't place the broom. Yeah, it was dark and Raina wasn't nearly as read up on her brooms, but there was a few popular enough ones that were easily recognizable. Maybe his was just one of those niche brooms people like to get on their high horse about owning one? Raina made a face, he hadn't even said anything to to guy yet and he already seemed like the type Raina was ditch in the lake before going back to bed.

Okay you know what? This castle was huge, everything was spread out, and Raina was getting bored. It was about time she fucked with him. Finding a spider lurking around, she grinned sharply before sending the poor thing flying at the the unsuspecting guy with a quick, "Arachniwasi."

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Caleb felt something relatively big smack him at the back of his head, the hood softening the sound to a barely audible thud. He didn't stop walking, but twirled to the direction where the flying object had come from, pulling his wand from the pouch of his hoodie. He was oblivious to the spider that was frantically making its way up his hood, in an attempt to each safety. Then again, in a school where children were able to use magic relatively unchecked, was there truly such a thing as a 'safe spot' for a poor arachnid?

A thought for another day as Caleb realized he had a stalker. Great! Either a snitch of the point taking sort or a pain in the ass as he would now have to make sure the fellow curfew breaking girl was not going to tag along. This was supposed to be a peaceful mission with the occasional limb breaking accident, should the broom rebel. "Can we just..." His sentence was cut short as he felt something weird walk on his hair. "Accio" He incanted, pointing his wand up and outwards so he could bring the item within view as soon as he felt his magic gripping onto it.

The writhing form of a stressed out spider brought a sigh out of his lips. This was going to be a long night. "A spider? You think the kid with the burned face would be scared of spiders?" He did not expect any answer to that as he gently placed the arachnid on the floor. The critter fled as soon as the magic was released on it and disappeared in the darkness. Caleb had purposefully not used lumos just yet. The light from the occasional torch and candle in the corridors was enough to navigate the halls without being spotted.

His dark eyes settled on the form of the girl now. He had seen her hang out with August before. Raina, a hufflepuff from the dueling club if memory served him right. His wand was now relaxed by his side as he sized her up. Trying to determine how much of a bloody pain she was going to be.

"Oh great, you're dull," Raina grumbled, relaxing her posture and putting her wand away. She didn't want to admit it, but she almost immediately went on the defensive when the guy whirled on her like that. She was more accustomed to being attacked then simply scolded. With words. She rolled her eyes and began to catch up with the guy. "Spiders and fire are two, very different fears, and just because you're not easily startled, doesn't mean you're completely absent of fear." Yeah, she normally kept thoughts like that to herself (it happened sometimes!), but it was late and Raina had even less of a filter than usual.

She couldn't be any less interested in his scars. Him bringing attention to them didn't change that. Good on him for wearing them like a badge or whatever, but her attention was fixed on the broom he carried. Viewing it up close really didn't make it any more familiar to her. "You know, the most I know about quidditch and brooms is: you fly, make that everyone else's problem, and you catch a shiny ball-" yeah no filter- "but even I can tell that's an odd looking broom."

She peered around him to confirm - yeah if kept going and took the right turns he'd be heading to the training grounds - and grinned sharply. "You gonna see how it flies or what? And in the middle of the night with no visibly? How reckless. Sounds like you need a spotter." Yeah this was way more interesting then bothering August.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Oh great! She was of the pain in the ass kind. Caleb shrugged uncaringly as he was called dull. That's not something people used to describe him, but he didn't really care at this point. "Just because you're not easily startled, doesn't mean you're completely absent of fear." Raina immediately went on the defensive at his comment about her choice in startling tactics. "Never said I was." He responded flatly as he resumed his walk towards the training grounds, perhaps she would take the hint and leave him alone. He was purposefully trying to not start a chat with her by being as court as possible.

"You know, the most I know about quidditch and brooms is: you fly, make that everyone else's problem, and you catch a shiny ball...." Alas, Badger Girl did not take the hint and her description of his favorite sport physically hurt him. He took a deep breath to not retort to her with something he would definitely regret before the morning came.

"You gonna see how it flies or what? And in the middle of the night with no visibly? How reckless. Sounds like you need a spotter." Ah fuck, she did know brooms a little bit better than her description of Quidditch would let you believe. And she had caught on his prototype. "I don't know if it will even lift off the ground yet. I don't need a spotter and I definitely don't need a spotter that doesn't even know much about flying." He responded as he hopped down a set of stairs in the passage way. "So how about we forget we saw eachother and go about our business, shall we?" He suggested as they were nearing ground floor.

"So how about we forget we saw eachother and go about our business, shall we?"

"Ha?" The sound Raina made was sharp with sarcasm. "And what if it does get off the ground and you crash yourself into a tree? Someone's gotta be there laugh at you and tell August all about it!" The more the guy wanted to get rid of her, the more she wanted to stick around just to spite him. "And if you do successfully complete your maiden flight? Why wouldn't I want to see that? Either way I'm getting something out of it. Beats fucking sleeping." The last part she grumbled more to herself, running a hand through her hair. She really needed to braid it eventually since she would have to go to bed at dome point, but she couldn't be bothered by it at the moment. That's even knowing how much of a mess it's be in the morning! Of course it'd less of a hassle if Raina didn't have hang ups over using magic on her hair.

"What's there to know about flying anyway? It's like dueling almost; you just need common sense and solid insticts." If there's one thing Raina prided herself on, it was her sharp instinct - even if it was her first instict that usually landed her in trouble. "Heh, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the flying instructor hated me. I used to fly straight at people and move out of the way in the nick of time just to psyche everyone out! Lost so many house point during those flying lessons but it was so worth it!" Yeah most of her house, and definitely the prefects, blamed her for Hufflepuff never winning the house cup in these past four years, but if winning the house cup meant sacrificing all the potential chaos she can cause? Then fuck that noise! She wanted to leave behind something unforgettable when she was gone!

(Especially since the only way she saw this ending was her being married off to some pureblooded snob on the other end of the world - she feared the day the world she came from will swallow her whole.)

Her attention diverted back to the broom O'Niel was holding. "Where did you even get that thing anyway? Lost and found? Second hand store?" It looked a little rough around the edges but it didn't look like it from the passage of time? But she couldn't really place where else he could've procured such a thing. Unless he somehow made it himself? "Wait did you make it? You got a secret workshop somewhere or something?"

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Badger girl really had it out for him, didn't she? He didn't mind laughing at his expense, but dragging August into this thing would add another thing on his friend's shoulders. Caleb didn't want that for August. He glared at the darkness ahead, ignoring Raina as much as possible, but that did not seem to deter her from following him around and continuing her little rant.

"That is a solid foundation to build on, but there is more to flying than instincts and common sense, which you seem to lack more than I do, by endangering other people for your own little entertainment." He quipped as they had finally been on ground floor and almost at the exit towards the training grounds.

"Where did you even get that thing anyway? Lost and found? Second hand store?" Caleb rolled his eyes as he stepped outside, the cold fresh air bringing him a sense of calm, despite the constant pestering. "Wait did you make it? You got a secret workshop somewhere or something?" He smirked as Raina came to the realization. "Even if I did, you would be the last person I would say so." He replied knowingly and he made a beeline for the less visible spot of the training grounds from the castle windows. He didn't care if Raina followed him and he set about preparing for the first test of this particular prototype. He took both broomsticks off his back and set them gently down next to eachother, the Siberian Arrow's pale tail end in stark contrast with the prototype's rough hewn dark one. Then he took his wand and holster out of his hoodie's front pouch and secured them both on his right hip for fast access.

Sure he would have the Siberian Arrow follow them closely during flight, but in case he could not make the jump to his more reliable broom on time, he needed to have quick access to his wand to break his fall and potentially mend any broken bones or cuts.

"That is a solid foundation to build on, but there is more to flying than instincts and common sense, which you seem to lack more than I do, by endangering other people for your own little entertainment."

Raina let out a loud, suffering groan, "Ugh! You sound like August! It's not like the kid got hurt or anything! It was just a harmless psyche out!" If there was one thing Raina wouldn't call herself, I was a good person. Anger aside, she already had her mind set on living a little selfishly because the world was a selfish place. People could drag her all they want for being the one Hufflepuff who saw the world and off it's terrible ugliness and didn't make the conscious decision to be kind. It didn't make her any less of a Hufflepuff! She was just--

"Anyway how is my fault they stick a bunch of kids on brooms and set them loose in the sky? We're achieving pretty high speeds even on those school brooms, it's more difficult to not turn yourself into a little missile than anything" she huffed. She felt like this was a conversation her and August had already and one she wasn't enjoying revisiting with a damn Gryffindor quiddich player.

"Even if I did, you would be the last person I would say so."

"Yeah I figured that wasn't possible. Who goes around making their own brooms anyway? And no way would the end product be decent. It's not like I was actually expecting you to be sneaking around crafting black market brooms behind the teacher's back or whatever."

Following after O'Niel wasn't turning out to be all that exciting however. She still watched him make his preparations, eyeing the way he strapped his wand to his side. It was something she would never think of doing, but then again, she hated the idea of doing something dumb and having her wand break beyond repair as a result (she was stupidly attached to it - dueling was the only exception but that's because she was actually good at it). Not taking it flying with her wasn't something that crossed her mind as careless until now. Whatever, she would continue leaving her wand on the ground.

The silence was starting to get to her and she took another look around (she wasn't being paranoid it was a perfectly reasonable thing to do given the situation). She shook out her hair. Then decide the hell with it and blurted out, "How do you even fly with that scar on your face anyway?" Of course the moment those words left her mouth she could practically feel the look August would be giving her and he wasn't even here!

She tried to think of a way to word her thought better and with more tact. When nothing came to her she bullied on ahead. He was the one who brought up the scar first place! "Your Scar looks terrible, alright? And like I already said before, we reach pretty high speeds while flying! And Isn't wind burn a thing? And we're wearing goggles sometimes! Doesn't it hurt? Or do you... I don't know.. protect it somehow???" Look Selene hammered self care habits into Raina to help her direct all her restless energy into something more productive (it was also Selene who told her lavender was supposed to have a soothing scent so it was her fault everything from her shampoo to her body lotion smelled like lavender and charcoal).

It was a healthy, positive, and completely beneficial routine that made her much more aware of potentially damaging habits, so it was only natural for her to wonder how a guy took care of the huge scar on his face alright?

Last edited:
  • Wicked
"You sound like August!" Raina's protest had left a bittersweet taste in Caleb's mouth. Sometimes he wished that he could be like August. Not so much in Ravenclaw's self-destructive studying habits, but more so in his dedication, care for his friends as well as his composure. And he hated it when he knew that his short fuse and recklessness often created more worries for his friend than strictly needed.

Raina, however, was an amusing walking contradiction. On one hand she called him boring, but on the other she had expected him to be running some kind of underground operation of Nocturn Alley proportions. While he had half a mind to take offense at his capabilities being questioned, she did consider the broom to look decent, which pleased him. Of course, unless he managed to get the spells right this time around, he was back to the drawing board with this prototype. The 12th in a row. So he had allowed himself an impish grin as the only confirmation of how close to the truth the Hufflepuff had come. His back had been turned on her as he had been going about his preparations, so no harm could be done in his secret. Unless she planned to snitch on him, in which case she would also be in trouble for being out and about after curfew. He doubted she was that self-destructive.

"How do you even fly with that scar on your face anyway?" He had just finished his preparations when the question was thrown out and his back stiffened. He got up, wiping his hands off on his jeans to get rid of night dew from the grass. He had needed some time to process that question. In all honesty, he had yet to fly on a broomstick since he wasn't allowed to while he was at home for the summer. He was especially grounded while he had been recovering from the accident.

"Your Scar looks terrible, alright? And like I already said before, we reach pretty high speeds while flying! And Isn't wind burn a thing? And we're wearing goggles sometimes! Doesn't it hurt? Or do you... I don't know.. protect it somehow???" His silence had only served to make the Hufflepuff even more defensive, as she blurted out several questions as if trying to explain and justify herself at the same time. "Hold your Abraxans, will you?" Caleb demanded as he turned to look at her, arms carelessly tossed into his hoodie pouch to conceal the nervous energy he felt building up in him. "I can see perfectly fine from my left eye. The healers at St. Mungos said I wouldn't even have a scar if I hadn't been rushed to a muggle hospital first." It was what they had told him. They had been confident in his treatment and his eyesight had indeed made full recovery, however Caleb did not trust them completely. The phantom pain had not subsided nor vanished as they had told him it would. Or perhaps he was impatient and the last couple of months had not been enough to fully heal such a serious injury, even with the help of some pretty advanced healing magic.

"It doesn't hurt as much as it used to. I had to use some potions and special ointments on it, but not anymore. It's nothing more than dead tissue at this point." Half truths to protect himself. The scar did burn him from time to time and it was far from being just a patch of skin to remind him of his recklessness like the healers had told him it would. But Raina didn't need to know that. He was sure that she would run her mouth to August about it and that was something his friend did not need to worry about. Not ontop of everything else, at least. This was Caleb's problem to figure and unless it was absolutely necessary, he would figure it out on his own.

"Up!" He incanted as he extended his right hand over prototype 12.0 and the broomstick jumped to oblige him. The motion wasn't as smooth as he would have liked, but that could have been due to the anxiousness that had built up inside him due to Raina's questions. Though he had to admit he had been thankful that her questions were of the aftermath curiosity kind instead of the judgemental, 'what really happened' type.

-----------
OOC: Leaving it open for Raina to react before we get to the flying shenanigans!

"Hold your Abraxans, will you?" She huffed but figured that meant she got what she was asking across well enough. "I can see perfectly fine from my left eye. The healers at St. Mungos said I wouldn't even have a scar if I hadn't been rushed to a muggle hospital first." Muggle hospital? Why was rushed to a muggle hospital? As curious as she was, Raina drew the line when it felt like things were getting too personal. It was for her sake as much as O'Neil. Afterall, she did the same thing with August. There was simply certain things she didn't invite conversation for. "It doesn't hurt as much as it used to. I had to use some potions and special ointments on it, but not anymore. It's nothing more than dead tissue at this point."

She made a thoughtful sound at the back of her throat even as she mentally gave herself a pat on the back when the Gryffindor was neither offended or swore her out. "Dead tissue or not, I'd probably smother it in ointments and moisturizers. Looks easy to dry out and prone to skin damage." She wondered her way closer when he called up the broom, but the hesitance it displayed made her re-evaluate it. It didn't look that old and worn out. "That doesn't bode well for it's reaction time. What's this broom even for? It definitely doesn't look like one you could race around on." And what was the point of a broom if you couldn't turn turn yourself into a missile?

She looked skeptically at it before losing interest and looking at the other broom O'Niel had. "Up", she ordered as someone who was confident in her authority. The reaction time was definitely smoother and more responsive. Now this broom was more up her alley. Giving it a closer examination, she wondered how her second hand Cleansweep compared. "When you're done playing around, we should have a race sometime.." Of course Raina wasn't as confident in her flying skills as she was with her magic, but she didn't have a good idea of where she stood - something she should figure out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Skin care advice. He had not expected that and he did not know how he wanted to feel about having to do more than the bare minimum to maintain himself at this point in time. He run a finger over a golden rune on the handle and an inviting bicycle saddle expanded from a small pocket dimension in the wood. "This one is not meant for racing. Long distance flying is a pain with most models currently out there." He responded and stiffened when Raina walked up to his Siberian Arrow, clearly getting ready to ride it without permission.

"Oi! Oi! Who told you you can ride my broomstick?" He protested. He was overprotective of that broomstick. He had finally managed to get it second hand that very summer and it had been signed by his favourite Nordic Team Chaser, the cursive writing burned on the pale wood of the arrow. He had worked his ass off to gather the money needed for it. His dad only approving of a modest allowance as if to not attract more attention to his status as a bastard child.
"Put it down. I don't trust you catching me mid-air if something goes wrong." He added, completely ignoring the invitation to a future race for the time being.

"Oi! Oi! Who told you you can ride my broomstick?" Raina gave him a confused look. "Put it down. I don't trust you catching me mid-air if something goes wrong."

"First off I'm not trying to fly your broomstick, dumbass. I'm literally just looking at it. If you want to go make a fool of yourself and crash into something out here because it's dark as fuck you're on your own. I'm just out here for lack of anything else better to do." Not to say Raina wouldn't offer ground support, but definitely won't do it without getting a good laugh in. Even though she wasn't quite done looking it over she put the broomstick down anyway. Honestly if she was going to do any flying, she'd prefer it to be on one she was actually familiar with; whether it was night or day.

"Second, why do you need a long distance broom anyway? Are you planning on taking a trip?" Doing something for the sake of solving a problem for someone else, while not totally beyond Raina, wasn't her go-to instinct. It was easier for her to assume that when someone was doing something it was with themself in mind. Why she was faulted for this mindset was beyond her. One of the worst things a person could do was put their own needs and wants before others. Why was that?

• Wicked
Caleb grinned at her annoyance as he mounted the prototype with ease. She was an interesting sort, this Badger. He didn't know if he liked her or if he was annoyed by her. She had managed to be both several times within the span of twenty minutes or so. But she seemed quite the decent sort at the very least. "I prefer the airplane for long trips. The Muggles got it right, but wizardfolk seem to prefer the broomstick over it. So might as well try and make a plane out of a broomstick sorta. Maybe it will actually sell." He answered her question and he kicked the ground, taking off at a quite decent speed, though nowhere near the usual speed he would take off during a quidditch game. He wanted to take it slow and actually test the altitude it could reach. So far the only charm that had kicked in, from the ones that were etched on the handle, were that for the saddle.

It didn't seem to interfere with either the speed or the handling of the broom as Caleb put it through a series of weaves and stops and drops as he ascended to about the height of the Gryffindor tower and down again. But it was only one spell. The rest lie dormant still. The chill of the night and the speed did begin to bother him slightly however. His left eye would tear up and sting him from time to time, so he considered this the perfect time to activate yet another spell. A heating charm.

The gold glowed warm under his fingertips and Caleb immediately felt a blanket of warmth envelop him. The broomstick was still in the air and Caleb allowed a celebratory 'yesss!' to escape his lips. He was hovering about twenty five meters above where Raina stood, basking at his success so far for a few moments. Then it was time to fly up again.

He tilted the broomstick upwards, leaned forwards and.... He found himself on free fall, the rune of the heating charm smouldering on the handle and he cursed as he pulled his wand out and his Siberian Arrow leapt to his rescue. It was a couple of exhilarating seconds as he tried to control his fall in such a way that he landed feet first on the long handle, stopping his fall and balancing barely enough so he could grab it as he tipped off of it and found himself hanging in the air, approximately 5 meters from the ground.

The prototype had fallen the rest of the way but it did not seem to be significantly damaged. "Fuck fire!" He muttered under his breath as he swung himself over his broomstick to mount it properly.

Raina was too distracted trying to remember what an airplane was to watch everything O'Niel was doing. She gathered it was some sort of air craft but fuck if it wasn't too late to get past that point. Whatever, not like she's ever seen one so he could totally just be making this shit up. She brushed her hair back out her face and watched him celebrate something good happening... only to go into a free fall?! Why the fuck was he falling?!

She readied a charm but the Siberian Arrow shooting into action gave her pause. Maybe he had this under control? He better have this under control! Otherwise how the fuck was she supposed explained to August the first time she hung out with one of his other friends he just died??? In fact, Caleb was getting worrying close! But just as she once again had a spell on the tip of her tongue he somehow managed to stop his fall.

Her hand snapped up to catch the object heading straight for head only to find it to be a smoldering broom. "Oh what the fuck?! Fin--" Nope, not a good spell to use on brooms. Right? Did brooms recover? Ugh, it was too late to be trying remember this shit. Fuck it, "Glacius." a light sheen of frost covered the smoldering rune and hopefully keeping it contained.

Finally she turned to Caleb, the one who dropped a smoldering broom on her head, and called up to him, "Damnit O'Neil! Crash like a normal person! Why and how are you even catching yourself on fire up there?!" It wasn't like Raina had much experience with enchanting brooms or anything, but the more she examined about the rune, the more the situation didn't seem to make sense. Maybe it didn't interact well with the other runes? There has to be something here she's missing.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
He landed next to Raina, who seemed to be just as annoyed and at a loss as he was. Except she decided to vent those feelings on him for some bizarre reason. "Damnit O'Neil! Crash like a normal person! Why and how are you even catching yourself on fire up there?!" He scoffed. "No thanks! I would like to stay alive and in one piece instead." He replied to her as he approached, Siberian Arrow still in hand.

He took a look at the icy cover over the rune, which had finally died down and he inspected he damage briefly. The wood had burned quite a bit around the rune, but it had not damaged the overall structure of the handle. "I think the flying charms caused the heating charm to overload. But I can't be sure." He answered to the second part of her question. "Let me see it." He added as he took the broomstick from her, resting the Siberian Arrow against his shoulder as he did.

He carefully hovered his palm over the icy rune, feeling the temperature, before taking it off the handle. Wondering if any of the other charms still worked, he run his finger over the saddle runes, hoping the saddle would retract to the pocket dimension on the wood once more. The saddle wobbled and moved, but in the end did not shrink back into the body of the broom. With a sigh Caleb decided to call it a night. "I need to get it back to the workshop... Maybe talk it over with August later...." He was mostly thinking out loud at this point as all of his attention was directed towards figuring out what might have gone wrong with the test.

At least he had managed to make a flying broomstick! On his bloody own! He would take this victory and celebrate it properly in the morning.

Raina had to actively force herself to relax when O'Niel was on the ground and ruffled her hair with one hand, watching him look over the broom. Something about the whole thing bothered her and made her restless but she couldn't place a finger on why. Perhaps it was just her need to physically solve a situation and there just wasn't a physical solution to this problem? "I need to get it back to the workshop... Maybe talk it over with August later..." So the kid did have a workshop! Also what kid had a workshop?

She huffed. "It would be best to troubleshoot it like any other spell or magic related issue. Except in this case you would likely need to have another broom and copy any runes on that one-" she nodded to the broom in O'Niel's hand- "onto the other one. Then have August try to recreate what happened." She then offered a wolfish grin. "If you go with that idea, it might be faster to just steal one of the school broom and disenchant/enchant from there, or - I guess if you want to be boring and legal about it - use a duplication charm and do the enchantments from scratch".

She made a mental note not to bother August that next day. It always felt weird to try to hang out with August when he was already occupied with socializing with others. They were his friends, not hers, and she often didn't leave a friendly impression on people-- she didn't want to be the one to blame for August only being able to hang out with her because he didn't have any other friends. Raina at least could deal with the idea of having one friend -wven none if it ever came down to it. But August? He seemed to like being surrounded by others if his one-hundred-and-one study groups and clubs were anything to go by.

"Well, if you do see August tomorrow, tell him he's a fucking need and needs to take a damn break," she snickered. The guy was a busy body and if he wasn't studying or had gis nose in a book he was worried about something or another. The guy took to much on at once and while Raina wasn't necessarily worried the need to drag him presented itself every now and again.

Last edited:
  • Wicked
Caleb shook his head. Raina's advice would be solid... if he had just modified an existing broom model. Unfortunately he wasn't sure if the way he had weaved his enchantments were the same as a conventional broomstick. "No, a regular broomstick wouldn't work. I will have to deal with it from scratch." He replied, his brows furrowed at the broom as he pondered on what could have caused the issue.

"Well, if you do see August tomorrow, tell him he's a fucking nerd and needs to take a damn break," Upon hearing that, Caleb turned his attention to Raina again. August needing a break wasn't news, yet it was still quite early in the school year for him to urgently need a break. Caleb scolded himself mentally. He ought to have checked in with August already. His issue was already done for, there was nothing he could do but move on. Yet if August had any problems, then perhaps Caleb could help him solve it. Or at the very least take his mind off of it for a little bit. "He knows that. He is not going to take a break just because we ask him. He needs to be dragged away from his books." Caleb responded as he strapped the two broomstick on his back and began walking towards the castle.

"Well, my trial is over, so if you wanna stay out here for more air be my guest."

"He knows that. He is not going to take a break just because we ask him. He needs to be dragged away from his books."

"Well yeah!" Raina snickered. "That's exactly what you do. Trust me, I grew up with the guy. It's not hard to persuade him to do literally anything else than have his head bury." Unless he was cramming for an important test but usually so was Raina, so that worked out (and when it didn't, it was usually because Raina was having hard time winding down and sitting still but that was besides the point). "Even people like him appreciate a good reason to step away."

She ran a hand through her hair while she thought over O'Niel's reaction. Her remark seemed to have been taken more seriously than she intended but she wasn't sure how to go about handling that. In fact, he almost gave off the impression he did something wrong. Was this even something for her to broach with him or should she leave all that to August? He knew him better than she did... "Well, my trial is over, so if you wanna stay out here for more air be my guest." She returned to situation at hand and scoffed.

"Yeah, no thanks. I have to organise a club meeting tomorrow and I'm pushing it as is." Though, knowing her, she'd rather work on her Duel Club plans than sleep, but that was an issue for future Raina to groan over and regret. "Getting back in the castle at this hour is always kind of a bitch though." she grumbled under breath. Yeah they left through some secret tunnels and what nots, but one always had to be way more careful coming back than going out.

• Wicked