|| Twisted Wagon Wheels & Cat Whiskers Tavern ||

Colin turned and looked at the cloaked guy. He had mentioned something about a haven for the dead. Though Colin was a vampyre, he didn't consider himself as undead. He was still here wasn't he? Still had all of his organs, too. Now, if you were missing organs, that was a different story. He sidled over to the guy in the hood. 'Hey man." Colin took a swig of his beer and looked to the man.

daniela-de-jesus-latina-face-of-maybelline-new-york-first-mexican-model.jpg
Bonita lifted her hazel eyes from where she was washing her hands in the sink at the sound of a gruff voice rudely snapping at Leone, asking for a beer. As she looked in the direction of the bar, her gaze fell upon a strange figure in a black cloak. Almost instantly, this newcomer filled the pit of Bonita's stomach with a feeling of slight unease, but she quickly tried to shake it off as she fumbled around in the cupboard under the sink, pulling out an old green washcloth. She frowned a bit, making a mental note that she would have to go out and get some new cloths soon, and then began to run it under the hot water.

Damp cloth in hand, Bonita began towards the other end of the room to start washing down the empty tables. She paused a moment in front of the bar, her sad hazel eyes falling on Leone. "If anyone comes in saying they've lost a pendant or part of their necklace or something like that, I have it," she told him in a soft voice. It wasn't unusual for Bonita to find lost items while doing her chores, so she offered Leone and the patrons a small smile before heading over to the empty table closest to the wall, beginning to run the washcloth up and down over the surface.

"Hey, uh.... Bartender? Can I get a coffee?" I asked, laying coins onto the table. When I saw the cloaked man, I suddenly felt the urge to panic and flee, but I assured myself that there was nothing strange about him.

Diego turned as he heard a voice of a man adressing him. On closer inspection the man was actually a vampyre. Diego relaxed a little. Most of those who saw him would back away in fear but this man actually decided to greet him! "Hello. My name is Diego" he introduced himself.

Diego turned as he heard a voice of a man adressing him. On closer inspection the man was actually a vampyre. Diego relaxed a little. Most of those who saw him would back away in fear but this man actually decided to greet him! "Hello. My name is Diego" he introduced himself.
Colin grinned, fangs gleaming. "The names Colin. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Diego." Despite not considering himself one of the denizens of hell, it was quite nice to meet someone who could relate to the prejudices they faced from anything that had a beating heart. He outstretched his hand for a hand shake and as he did so he studied the man, not that there was much to study. A grinning, bleached white skull. He sure did have a big head when he was alive, Colin thought to himself.

Pene uncomfortably twitched in her seat. All the dark, dead (or really undead) scents and auras made her uneasy animal instincts tell her to run. She didn't exactly want to, but these other people were starting to get to her. She sipped some more coffee. She turned on some more vocaloid songs, going through a few hundred. Her ears would monitor all directions occasionally, then focus on her music.

At this point I was getting bored- for my drink hadn't come and no one was speaking to me- and steadily more uneasy about the cloaked figure. The one next to him seemed to be a vampire..... Anyhow, this place seemed incredibly boring so far. A nice flight outside in the cold air would help, but I wasn't so sure someone wouldn't take my drink when it came. My mind started to wander and I dozed off. A few moments later I woke up again, only to find myself coiled in my seat as a Burmese python. I shook my head and blinked in surprise, after all, I had been thinking of vampires, not snakes.

Leone nodded at Bonita's statement. The Excedrin hadn't kicked in yet, and he was feeling worse and worse as the minutes ticked by. He waited for a fresh pot of coffee to brew for the woman... Now snake? Sitting at the counter. He placed the fresh cup of coffee in front of the snake. "Here you go, Miss." He stated with a smile and stood back on his heels, looking to see if there was anything else he could do at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Diego took Colin's outstretched hand and shook it, feeling relief that he was finally able to find someone who wan not repulsed at his very existence. Turning he watched as a nearby woman laid down her head and nodded off to sleep. In a strange transformation the woman had turned into a snake and Diego stared subtly in amazement while the bartender set down a cup of coffee at the shapeshifter's table. "Is everyone here so...different?" he asked, directing the question to those seated around in his general area.

"No idea man, no idea. I just got here, but I had heard that if you're different.... like us, you'll be welcome here, though some people seem a bit uneasy about us." He nodded towards the girl listening to music and the pretty lady who was cleaning. Then he shrugged. "Eh, who cares? I'm proud." For effect, he comically hissed and flashed his fangs. He started laughing at himself, imagining how stupid he looked. He wiped tears from the corners of his eyes. "Anyway, what brings you here Diego?'

I blinked my amber eyes and flicked my tounge in thanks. Before stirring the milk in,I peered into the cup. The coffee was the color of my spots. I took a stirstick in my teeth clumsily and stirred, making the coffee turn a solid, paler shade. Instead of fumbling with my drink as a snake, I concentrated on sprouting limbs and hair, and shrinking the scales back into nails and some of my hair. I felt it working, except fur spread across my distorted body, and I also knew my head was entirely the wrong shape. I was a small dark brown gorilla. At least I had thumbs, but I was getting hot. I tried again, and failed completely. I had turned from human to python to gorilla and now to chimpanzee. After quite a few weird transformations- some being fish and birds- I was a human again. But I didn't feel quite right, after changing so much. A lot of people were staring at me now.

" I was cursed by an ancient voodoo shaman once. Cursed with eternal life. It didn't sound so bad, I wanted to live forever. I just didn't realize that I would be living forever like this." Diego replied, "I am just looking for a place to stay where I can rest without people trying to shoot me down or repel me with crosses." Finishing his explanation he started watching the shapeshifter woman who had moments ago been in the form of a snake but had begun changing into a multitude variety of animals. "At least I'm not the only ones having problems" Diego muttered under his breath.

His gaze going icy as he noticed other people staring at the poor woman, Leone allowed his posture to become slightly more threatening- not enough for him to get warned by his employer, but enough to give off the strong message not to judge inside the tavern. Needless to say, the gawkers quickly found attention in something elsewhere. "Are you alright, Miss?" He asked politely, his posture returning to that of an easygoing bartender.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine." Not quite. My voice was rather high and screechy still, from when I had been a macaw a few seconds ago. I still was confused from being so many different shapes, and it felt weird to have my senses dulled all of a sudden. Even from what I saw, I felt like I was higher than I should be.

NAME: Rowen Cleary
RACE: Human (Witch)
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
NUMBER OF YEARS AT THE TAVERN: N/A
POSITION: Patron
APPEARANCE: Rowen

Rowen opened the door to the tavern with a wave of her hand, striding purposefully into the building as her bags swiftly floated after her. She gazed around the room, taking in its ambiance, as well as its inhabitants. Once she reached the bar, she took a seat on one of the stools, smirking at the bartender as her bags fell to the ground with a deafening bang. "So," she asked, her voice light and lilting like a summer breeze, "How does a lady go about getting herself a room around here?"

Rowen had just finished her apprenticeship, and was eager to show her new skills off. She definitely had more confidence than natural talent, but she wasn't about to let that stop her. She was finally out on her first solo job, acquiring some rare potions ingredients that could only be gathered in this particular area, in small quantities and only during the full moon. It was a tough job to begin with, and had been meant to go to her previous mentor, but Rowen was nothing if not determined. She'd likely be here for quite a few months, and as such would rather not stay in a hotel full of regular humans. She crossed her fingers, hoping that she could get a room here for such a large amount of time.

NAME: James Caramon Harris aka Caramon Zero aka The Crimson Hero
AGE: 109,989 years old (Total), 45 years old (This Reality), 25 years old (In Appearance)
RACE: Superhuman 'Shifter', having accumulated thousands of years of knowledge and abilities by moving from one reality to the next, acquiring the skills and intelligence of each version of himself, as well as retaining all of their memories, both good and bad.
NUMBER OF YEARS AT THE TAVERN: 20
POSITION: Cook
APPERANCE:
Due to the powers and abilities he has acquired from his 'shifting', he has been able to prevent himself from aging after entering his other self's body, sometimes even making this current 'incarnation' younger or older to fit his needs.

The sounds from downstairs roused Caramon from his sleep earlier than he'd have liked, forcing him to get to his feet and meet the others in the kitchen to get to work, unsure of whether it was day or night by how bright the main hall was compared to his dark room.
Seeing new faces, he decided to make a detour to greet them.
"Newcomers, I take it, Baka-Neko? Don't steal any souls, now." he said as he walked over to the cat, stroking her head before looking to the guests with a smile, the sincerity in his eyes contradicting his large build.

Having turned his back on the counter to clean his work station once he was sure that the young woman was alright, the daemon hadn't seen the woman come in with her floating bags. So, it was only a matter of time before he noticed. He was in the middle of wiping down the sink when he heard someone else approaching the counter. Then, CRASH. Leone jumped slightly with the loud thud that sounded from the other side of the counter. This caused a sharp pain to shoot up his bad wing and made him wince for a second. He turned around to take in the newcomer. "Just write your name over there on the chalkboard, along with how long you plan on staying. Easy as a color change spell." His voice was pleasant, despite the annoyance that was clear in his eyes from getting spooked by the thud.

daniela-de-jesus-latina-face-of-maybelline-new-york-first-mexican-model.jpg
Bonita's head snapped up as she heard a loud crashing noise, a frown spreading across her full lips as she saw that the crash had come from a woman who had entered and plopped her bags down loudly. She knew that was bound to piss off Leone, and she held back a light sigh. A pissed-off Leone was not what anyone wanted, but clearly that was this woman's goal. She could almost see the bold determination and confidence radiating off of the woman, and it was clear that she was far from quiet and reserved. Bonita finished washing down the table that she was working on, returning the salt and pepper shakers to their places before moving on to the next one. It was a little bit bigger, so she found herself bending further to reach across it. Many patrons in the time she had been here had commented that she should just go around the table, but she couldn't be bothered, so she just reached for it. She set the cloth down and stood upright, lifting her arms to adjust her thick mess of dark hair, drawing it into a long ponytail that ran down to the middle of her back. Her hand reached out and grasped the cloth again, finishing the table and moving again to the next one, smoothing out and adjusting her skirt before she washed it.