Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero walked up to a women in her mid-thirties behind a wooden desk. "Hey, where's the horror section?" He asked her. The women gave him simple directions and he thanked her before walking to the horror section.

Malau sighed a bit, looking around a little before walking into the fantasy section without realizing it. As she saw a book thatseemed to be about demons, she was a bit confused and took it off the shelf while walking back to Zero.

Zero grabbed a horror book about a guy who kidnapped girls, played with them, then killed them in horrid yet creative ways. Non the same. He noticed Kira walking over to him and turned to her. "Find one?" He asked, noticing the book in her hands.

"Um, well..." She looked at the book in her hands. "Y-Yeah. Yeah, I found one. It looked pretty interesting to me, so I wanted to ask you what you thought about it." She asked as she showed him the cover.

Zero took the book from her hands and looked over the cover. It had demons and humans together and children with ears and tails or just ears or just tails. He smiled slightly and handed her the book. "It's the book about when demons and humans lived in peace. Before the great war which made them turn their backs on each other. Many died in that war though everyone thinks it was just the authors creative mind. I think the war was real though." He told her. "The books called The First Life." He added, looking at the gold words on the top of the cover.

All she wanted to do was laugh. For what she knew, the idea of demons and humans living together seemed ridiculous. The war between them had happened, she knew that much. But to think that they had been allies? That thought never crossed her.

Instead, she just shrugged. "Seems like an interesting read."

Zero's expression softened and he looked down at the book on her hands. "My mother had this same book. She read a chapter to me each night. She died before she finished the last chapter. I never read it after that. Brought back to many memories." He told her.

Zero hoped that one day he'd meet a demon and maybe, just maybe, they could all be allies again.

"Oh, I see..." The story in her ears was cringeworthy, but she couldn't help but feel a bit sad for him. "So... I guess that I should... Not get the book..."

Zero forced the pain away and looked at her, his eyes bright and his smile reassuring. "No, get it if you want. Don't let my actions and words affect your life and decisons." He told her, shaking his head a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.