Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero shrugged at her thanks. "No problem." He replied then removed his foot and let it fall in front of a young couple. He walked down the path to the North, hands stuffed into his jean pockets.

Malau was just about to say something before chuckling at the sight of the door closing right in front of the couple. She then turned back to Zero. "I'm going to be honest with you, I don't really read that many books. I'm ready to be convinced, though!"

Zero turned to her and chuckled lightly at her enthusiasm to go to the Library. "Well, what kind of books are you interested in? Fantasy, Sci-Fi, History, Modern fantasy?" He asked, listing a few.

"Well, umm... What do you like?" She asked, as she didn't want to get herself in a predicament by saying something that she'd end up hating.

"Fantasy, Modern fantasy, Slice of life, and horror." Zero told her. He figured that maybe she forgot the genre names.

"Oh, alright!" She said, 'forgetting' to answer the question herself. "So, how far away is the library?"

Zero turned his back to her, walking forward now. "Few miles. Not far." He simply told her.

She mumbled a little. It might be a short distance for him, but she had never traveled that kind of distance by foot. She was used to flying wherever she wanted. She just shut up and kept moving. "So, what do you do for a living?"

Zero sighed softly. He had to get to work in less than half an hour. He put his hands behind his head as he walked and stared up at the sky. Suddenly he heard Kira ask him what he did for a living. "Him, oh, I work at the vehicle repair shop." He told her.

"A veichle repair shop, huh? Well, is it interesting?" She asked, thinking that she could chip away the boredom with small talk.

"Not really. It's the gang's hangout so we usually chat while working or when were on break we go for a ride and mess around." He told her. Zero watched as a few fluffy white clouds passed then put his arms down and looked forward.

"Huh? You're in a gang?" She asked, genuinely surprised. She didn't really take him for the gang type... "I... Wouldn't want to get involved, if possible."

"Don't worry. They only go after pretty girls." He smirked and glanced back it her. It was rude but true. The gang was full of only good-looking people, mainly guys. The girls that are in the gang are either a gang members girlfriend or proved themselves worthy. In conclusion, there are many guys and not so many girls.

Malau... Didn't seem to get the rude part of it. She never was that vain, either way. She just shrugged and moved on. "Well then, rules are rules, I suppose."

Zero chuckled at her reaction. "Your a strange one. Anyone ever tell you that, Kira?" He questioned. Indeed, this girl amused him and never failed to surprise him.

"Hm..." She seemed deep in thought, thinking if anybody had actually said that to her. "No, no, I wouldn't say that anyone has."

"Well, you better get used to it. And here we are!" He said, stopping outside a two story building with 16 steps leading up to wooden doors with silver knobs. He began walking up the white flat steps, heading to the doors.

"Oh, Umm... Okay." She nodded. That wasn't a threat, was it? "Alright, so... Where are the books around here?"

"Inside you dope. What have you been doing, living under a rock?" He asked rather rudely. When they reached the doors he turned the knob and opened it wide, stepping in.

"In another dimension, thank you very much." She thought, mumbling slightly as she walked along with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.