Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero was slowly getting annoyed of the girls as they purposely made their voices louder. The women brought them their cinnabons on a silver tray and set it on the table. She flashed a smile at them then went back to work. Zero looked over at Kira as she asked him a question. "Yes. I come here a lot but I prefer the forest or the fields." He told her then gave her a fork and used his to begin eating a cinnabon.

The mumbling didn't bothers Malau much, if at all. If she was actually in love with him, then it might've been an annoyance, but right now she was pretty okay with it. She accepted the fork and began eating. "And why's that? You don't strike me as a boy of nature. Not that much, at least."

Zero looked up at Kira and sighed softly. He turned his head to look out the window, setting his fork down. "We buried my father in the forest. It was his favorite place in the whole world. Me and my dad were really close. As for the fields, that's the last place I saw my mom before she left me and my sister to live on our own. It's just me and Ai now." He told her, looking at the sky through the windows.

"Wow... That's sad, really. I'm sorry for your loss..." The young demon felt like slapping herself right after she said that sentence. She didn't really care about this human's trials and tribulations, but she kept the sad face. She really had to let off some steam later on... How did these humans live like this?

Zero just shrugged. "I don't need your sympathy. It happened a long time ago." He told as if it were nothing. He piked his fork up and continued eating. Damn, the things were good. He ate as though they had never talked about it and his expression was calm. His eyes drifted up toward Kira. "What happened to your parents?" He asked her.

"Oh, they..." She tried to come up with something that didn't require her to lie too much, but that could still apply to the human world. "I honestly don't know who my parents are. Every memory I have of my childhood... I've been living with my grandparents." She explained. This wasn't too far off, as she had never met her actual parents, instead growing up learning from her grandad.

"Oh. Well then, your what's considered lucky." He told her. Zero flashed her a smile then heard the girls around them start saying rude things about Kira. He closed his eyes and breathed in and out a few times to calm himself. It worked, thank god. Or else he would have stood up on that table and yelled at everyone.

(I'm on mobile.)

Of course, the mean things reached her ears as well. While she didn't give it a lot of thought, as she didn't hear much besides verbal abuse in her normal day-to-day life, she did notice that Zero seemed upset about it. Why's that? They were insulting her, not him. She just smiled a reassuring smile and responded to what he said. "Oh? Why am I being lucky here?"

Zero opened his eyes and looked at Kira. He smiled back, not wanting her to worry or anything. "Well, by the sounds of it, you never met your parents. You didn't have to go through all that drama." He explained to her then ran a hand through his black hair.

"I... Suppose. I still wonder who they are, though. Oh well, I've managed one fifth of my life without meeting them, I think that I can endure the curiosity for a while longer." She shrugged. "Anyway, why are some people so hostile? It's like they think I'm some kind of evil being..." She asked, referring to the two girls standing nearby.

"Most of the girls that are here are from my school. They all like me. Gets annoying." He told her. Zero looked at the girl standing nearby and flashed her a warm smile. The girl blushed then ran to her friends and sat down.

"Oh? Do you mean literally all of them, or just figuratively?" She asked as she noted that the girl had returned to her friends. "Because if you mean literally... I-I don't know if I should be seeing you."

"Well, most. Some girls despise me and others just don't like me. But all know me. That's how it is when your the popular guy in school." He told her. He finished his two cinnabons then leaned back in his chair and stared out the window.

Malau just nodded, even if she didn't understand. She wasn't one to get friends, as she focused on learning what she needed to learn instead. Well, mostly about her powers, at least. "So, is there anything else that you'd like to show me?"

"Not really. Unless you have a specific place in mind, then sure." He said, looking over at her now. He smiled then looked over at the waitress. He called her over and handed her the money for the cinnabons.

She just shrugged. "Well, I... I don't know what even is in this town... It's hard to find a specific thing to ask you about."

Zero nodded, agreeing with her and feeling stupid that he had said that. "Do you like to read?" He questioned, a smile appearing on his featrues as he turned his gaze to Kira.

"Hm?" She thought for a little while. She hadn't read much, and what she has read she found pretty boring. But... Perhaps human books would be better.

She also wanted to slap herself for thinking that.

"Well, sure thing!"

Zero smirked in amusmusent at her answer and stood up. "Come on then." He said and walked over to the door. He kicked it open then walked past it and stopped. He put his foot in the ways of it so Kira could walk out.

As she saw that Zero held the door open, she stopped in confusion for half a second. This was the first time anyone had done this, but quickly got back and walked out like normal. "Thank you, Zero."

Status
Not open for further replies.