Twins Torn

With the flashback fading back into his mind, like clouds fading into the sunset, Jake decided to check on Becca. It had been at least an hour since he laid down and he hadn't heard or seen her since. He stood, feeling the blood rush back into his head, and walked towards her room. Regardless of everything else, his resentment and jealousy, he still loved her. She was his twin, they were born together and all Jake wanted was to be with her.

He opened her door, and walked in.

"Becca...Are you alright?"

He sat on the foot of her bed, putting his hand on her leg.

"Is there anything I can do for you? Maybe I can give you a ride to work if you don't feel like driving yourself?"

Jake could sense that he was overcompensating for the abuse he had dished out on her earlier, but at the same time, everything that had happened felt much like a bad dream. A bad dream he wanted to forget, but feared would return.

When he came in she looked up and jumped when he put his hand on her leg. "I can drive myself." She said simply right now she just wanted to get out of the house. What about the bruises on her body what was she going to say when someone asked about them? Looking at the time she noticed she had an hour to get to work and it took almost an hour to get there. "I have to go now." She said pulling away from her brother and getting up to grab her purse. Right now she wanted to be far away from her brother and nothing to do with him she wished he had not come into her room moments ago.

"No!" Jake jumped up just before his sister could and grabbed her purse. He wanted to punch her in the face, hard, but he resisted the urge that came floating back like the smell of burnt popcorn at the theater. He wanted to be nice, wanted to do something nice for her. After all, she was his twin. She was his.

After he fished the keys out and then tossed her purse on the bed, he looked at her. His eyes, for a second, falling on her body. The same body that he had, not an hour before, seen totally naked. A sensation, one of guilt and shame shot up through his gut and into his head as he thought about it again. That was a bad thing, a very bad thing.

"I will drive you! So unless you wanna walk, you better be in the car and ready to go."

He turned his back on her and went down stairs to wait by the front door. The fact that he had almost hit her again didn't even sink in. The side of him that wanted to hurt her was there. It would always be there, and just like the DNA that he shared with Becca, it was part of him.

When he came towards her to grab her purse she jumped she needed time away from her brother right now. He scared her now every little thing he did to her now made her think she was going to get hurt again. When the purse was thrown on her bed she grabbed it and started walking out the door again wanting to get this done. "I don't want to talk. I have nothing to say." Now she was following him down the stairs and hoping he would just drive straight down towards where she worked. She hoped he still knew where she worked she had told him in the many letters she had written to him.

Jack grabbed Becca by the arm with a rough hand as he half pushed, half dragged her to the car. His rage was slowing starting to return, reignited, like a bed of embers from a smoldering camp fire. Questions flooded his mind. Why was she being such a bitch? What the fuck was her problem? Was she trying to piss him off? He shoved her into the passenger seat and slammed the door.

"Fine you don't wanna talk?"
He said, circling the car and getting in the drivers seat. "Don't then, I could care less about you or your stupid fucking job."

Jake fired up the engine and slammed his foot on the gas. Clouds of smoke rose from the wheel wells as the car skidded out into the street. Jake kept his food planted on the gas peddle as they pulled off the main road and into traffic. Jack was like a dare devil. He weaved in and out of traffic, cut people off and blew through stop signs. His knuckles were white and his eye's were wide. As he made a dangerously sharp turn into on coming traffic, the unthinkable happened as he lost control and sent the car into the side of a building. The initial sound was loud, sharp and menacing. It was followed by the sound of shattered glass, as smoke rose from the cars nearly destroyed front end. Jake got out of the car, his rage reaching a boiling point. It was her fault that he crashed.

Tears filled her eyes when he grabbed her and through her into the passengers seat she quickly put her seat belt on. Looking out the window she thought she might be able to run to freedom and get some help but he was no doubt now faster then her. The war she knew trained him to be faster and stronger hence the being able to throw her aruond like a ragdoll. All she could hear was the last words that said he didn't care about her and she could not believe that. About an hour and a half ago he was begging her to forgive her now he was back to her normal self. When he started driving she knew something was wrong and gripped the seat she was very nervous. "Jake stop it." She cried out while they swerved in and out traffic she felt like she was going to be sick. Would someone call the cops on them and try to stop them? She screamed when she saw the store and then the smashing glass. The impact made her hit her head on the window and everything went black.

As the smell of leaking coolant filled Jake's nostrils, the distant sound of sirens greeted his ears, making the reality of what had happened sink in like a cinder block at sea.

"Holy, shit. Holy fuck." Panicked and frazzled, Jake looked around. No one there. He looked at his reflection in the window of the car and saw that he had a small cut above his right eye, insignificant, really. He looked for his sister, but realized she was still in the car.

"Becca?!" Jake nearly tripped getting the passenger side door and racking it open so hard it slammed against the body of the car. His sister was unconscious. As the Sirens got closer, Jake made a decision to flee the scene. He could not afford to pay for this kind of property damage. He scooped up his sisters body and ran down a nearby ally way. He took a sharp left then found little used side road, thety would be safe here. He crouched behind a dumpster, laying Becca on the ground beside him.