Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not know much about all this hospital stuff but she knew flatlining was not a good thing. "Jackson?" She cried out as she was pulled back by doctors and nurses. What was going on tears started streaming down her face.

They rush him out of the room. Yuri grabs one of the doctors as they run past. "What's happening!"

"He's having an aortic aneurism. In simple terms, a major blood vessel in his cheat and abdominal region burst. We have ten minutes to get him open and it fixed." He runs out, and Yuri sinks to his knees.

Amanda felt like she was going to be sick after hearing this. She just collapsed onto the floor after hearing what this could mean. How are they able to get him in there under ten minutes. "He's going to die." She cried out putting her head in her hands.

He goes over and hugs her, pulling her into his lap like he did when they were kids. "He's not gonna die. I have faith in the doctors."

She allows his to pull herself towards him and she wraps her arms around him. Jackson was already dead pretty much and holding on by a thread and now this happens. "Maybe." They remained on the floor for what seemed like forever.

The doctors come back in a few hours later. "We fixed Jackson. What happened was, he had what we call an abdominal aortic aneurism, or Triple A. In a Triple A, the walls of the aorta, a major blood vessel in the torso, are weakened. It can happen gradually, or be cause by sever trauma, such as a car accident, in Jackson's case. When a Triple A occurs, the walls of the aorta rupture, causing massive internal bleeding. We got the bleeding under control, sewed the aorta shut, and strengthened it with a flexible steel casing. We are keeping him in observation for right now, with no visitors. I would suggest you both go home, and get some rest, and come back in the morning." He walks out.

It had been a long time since she had some sleep. They had been at the hospital for a long time and she was so tired. By the time the doctor came back she was almost asleep with her head on her brother's shoulder. Hearing the words from the doctor was terrifying but also relieving he did make it though surgery but at what cost? There was still the brain damage and probably him never waking up. Thanking the doctor she turned towards her brother she really did not want to go home but they needed to. "I don't think I can drive." Was all she said as she leaned against the wall.

"I can give you a ride. You can use my helmet, since I didn't think to bring a second." He helps her up, and takes her hand, pulling her to him and hugging her. "It will be alright. He'll pull through."

"What about you?" She said hugging him back when he pulled her into a hug. Honestly know one knew if he would be alright it seemed as though he could be taken at any moment.

"Ill be ok. Not the first time I've ridden without a helmet." He leads her outside, tossing the scrubs in the trash. He gets on his bike, and scoots forward so she can sit behind him.

Amanda was going to start arguing with him about not wearing a helmet but she just didn't have any strength left to do so. She put on the helmet and then wrapped her arms around his waste."Ready."

He starts the bike, and they slowly pull out. He picks up speed when they get in the highway, and drives at saw leisurely 70mph until they reach home. He shuts the bike off, and just sits there.

The time just seemed to stop as they drove home for her. Her eyes were so heavy and she almost fell asleep. The hospital would call if there was anything. "I really need to get some sleep." She said as she got off the bike.

"I know. I'm gonna go for a drive. Try to clear my head. I love you, sis. Get some sleep. I'll be back soon."

"I love you to please be careful." She said turning around to go into the house and collapse onto her bed.

Putting his helmet on, he rides to The Pub in the center of town. Sitting down at the bar, he bangs his head against it. "What's up, Yuri?"

"Jax's in the hospital. He got into a car accident on the way home from football practice."

"What can I get you?"

"A tall cold one." The bartender slides him a beer.

Amanda had no idea if she could sleep but she fell asleep almost instantly. Her hand clutching her phone in case she got a call from the hospital about Jackson. A few tears had formed a wet spot on her pillow where she was lying. Normally Jackson would lay next to her before falling asleep but now he wasn't there and it made her feel very uncomfortable.

A few hours later.... The bartender, a man named Mike, calls her. C'mon, Amanda. Wake up.

The phone call woke her right up from her sleep she thought the worst. She did not recognize the number. "Hello?"

"Hey, Amanda. It's Mike, the bartender at The Pub? You might wanna come down here. We have a bit of a problem."

Status
Not open for further replies.