Twins? I think not...

Being lifted was hard not to respond against but he knew the motion wasn't going to begin the fight.
When he was dropped Teller landed on his backside but was back up in a blur.
He hadn't wanted to start anything with this guy, especially after only being in town for a day!
As the other spoke his first accusatory statement Teller couldn't help but flinch.
There was no way this guy was a human!
The hiss had almost been missed as Tell started trying to glance sideways, looking for an air vent or something to escape with.
However, when that skin-crawling sound hit his ears the kid's attention immediately snapped back to his enemy.

Dear gods...please tell me he didn't just do what I think he did...

When Donovan started to advance Teller couldn't muster the courage to stand his ground.
He backed up, matching the forward movement of the other with his own backwards motions.
Taking in all of the changes occurring simultaneously on Donavon's face had Tell's turning white.

V-Vampire....

The kid knew it was useless to argue with a bloodsucker.
He had never had to fight with one but it always took several pack members to drive them away, most times they'd even lose a wolf in the battle.
Teller had always watched from far away, hidden behind foliage and staying away as commanded by his father.
Now, faced with an angry snarling one right in front of him Tell did the only thing he could think of.
Turning his back was never a smart idea with an enemy in front of him but he saw no other way.
A slight draft against his skin seconds before let him know that there was a vent somewhere behind him.
Taking the dangerous chance he moved as fast as he could manage and bolted for the grate.
He managed to get it in his partially clawed left hand and tore it off the wall in one fluid motion.
It was far off the floor so he had to use serious speed to get rid of it, then grasp the opening metal to try and pull himself inside and away from the vampire.

(feel free to control my chari as long as it would be a normal reaction, like if he yanks him out he'll try to struggle or if he follows mine will definitely crawl as fast as he could to get away)

Vin cocked his head to the side slightly, it seemed like a light bulb went off in the kids head and then another unexpected action. The kid backed away from him, was this kid really that scared of him. Though he knew that was a stupid question cause any normal person would run from him after showing a true part of himself but he didn't think that this kid would be that fast. In a few motions his eyes tracked the kids movements towards a vent without even answering his question. That pissed Vin off even more and was quickly following the rat towards the vent. With a quick motion he shot a hand out gripping onto part of the kids shirt. "Can't escape that easily" he hissed out as he tore the kid from the entrance to the vent. Vin struggled for control of the rat, he was a pretty willy one and when he was sure that the kid was clear of the vent he used most of his strength to toss him back across the room.

"I'll have to admit that you are quick but you stupid" Vin growled as he stalked towards the kids once more "now answer my questions!" He then screamed at him knowing that the noise from the party would over power most any noise they made. "What are you? Why do you look like me? And what is your plan?" Vin hissed once more, having to repeat himself grated his nerves even more.

((It makes me feel a little uneasy when I even slightly control another's charrie. But if it calls for it I will do it since you are ok with it but I won't be doing it often))

The sudden grip on the back of his tank had Teller snarling loudly, the sound being drowned out as an applause echoed in the other room.
He was used to getting thrown around and quickly recovered but with the guy heading straight for him again he started backing up once more but this time on his back feet and hands.
He wouldn't need to answer the 'what' he was because his ability to control himself was going to break any second but he did manage to get one answer out;
"I don't know wh...wwwrrr...rrrr..."
A loud yelp echoed from his mouth as his body suddenly started to seize, shaking violently right before fur spiked from everywhere and his limbs grew more muscular.
Tell's mouth and nose elongated into a muzzle with large sharp teeth while his paws and tail shredded off most of his remaining clothing.
Within seconds there was a small wolf bristled up, all of its' hackles raised and mouth snarling out warning as he tried to look as ferocious as possible.
Were's and vampires never got along which in terms of the two made sense that their parents hadn't managed to stay together and decided to just take the son that was most like themselves to raise in their own way.
Shifting slowly he started backing up again, trying to at least get under some type of shelter so Donovan didn't have a direct line of attack.
There was only a small coffee table nearby but he should be able to reach it with a few careful steps and not have to duck too much to get under.

Vin clenched his teeth tightly together as he started to seethe, this kid seriously know how to push his buttons. He was still refusing to answer the questions and not to mention Vin should be out enjoying the party but instead he was here dealing with a rat. Just as Vin was about to swipe at the guy something made him stop. Vin took a step back and watch the events 'werewolf' immediately popped into his head. Oh that was just fantastic, where there was one wolf there were more. "How many of you are there in this town?" Vin hissed out and started to walk towards the kid again. Though he was sure that he wouldn't get an answer from him now since he didn't have a human mouth to talk from. His eyes scanned the room that they were and noticed that it was a study of some sort or maybe a small office but there was at least a window. If it came to it Vin would grab the wolf and toss him out of the window, he would pay for the damages later and make up some excuse.

Teller was having trouble focusing his mind.
His wolf was really strong in its own right and he had very little control over it when it was threatened.
Of course his father had trained him as best he could but he was still very young for a pup and he might be able to contain most of its temperament but it was still a wolf, his other half.
Instead of replying with words the wolf let out another low rumbling growl, making sure to keep its mouth open wide enough so that its fangs were easily visible and threatening.
His bite not hold any venom to vampires like in human's books and movies but it was still a strong bite.
Tell wasn't sure exactly how many wolves were in this town, he'd smelled a few marks when he had just come yesterday but they had been older, not remade anytime soon.
When Donovan got too close for his wolf's comfort, even though Teller was still trying to resist any serious conflict, it snarled loudly and lunged for the vampire's throat.

If Tell remembered anything it was to always go for the throat in a serious fight.

Well Vin was and wasn't looking for a fight however he had one on his hands now. He was sure that he was pushing the wolf just as much as it was doing to him. Now the question was, could the wolf fight and not only that but be able to take on a vampire. With only a second to response Vin was short a millisecond and leaned backwards as much as he could but he could still feel the wolf make contact. Vin fell to his back but was quickly back onto his feet. He twisted his upper body to grab at the wolf, his hand grabbed onto fur and he gripped as hard as he could. Vin pulled the wolf to him as much as he could and started to swing at the abdomen of the wolf. If he couldn't beat him, he would get in as many swings as he could even though this was his first time fighting against a wolf. Vin kind of hoped that it would be a fight that he could use his full strength cause the humans he fought out in the open would die just from a real punch from from.

Teller was surprised he'd even made contact without getting a hit back, his wolf was keening in glee.
The second he was grabbed and the vampire aimed swipes at his haunches he quickly matched the clawed attacks with his own kicks.
His paws were getting cut but his unprotected underbelly was definitely more important to protect.
Tell's front paws lashed out as he got a second of reprieve, aiming slices at the vampire's under arms.
However, no matter how much he struggled he couldn't break the vampire's hold on his scruff.
The pup had underestimated Donovan but he had never truly fought a vampire so he couldn't have gauged its true strength.
Swinging his head abruptly he managed to get just enough room, thanks to his lack of decent meals over the last month he had quite a bit of extra scruff from dehydration.
The extra room gave him enough of a swing to try and snap his jaws onto Donovan's arm.

If he managed to land the attack he'd start whipping his head back and forth to try and deal serious damage, if he was deflected he'd try to get out of Donovan's grasp and go for the window.
Of course a wolf bolting through the streets wouldn't be very good but he valued his life more then scaring a few humans.
He couldn't shift back to his human form until he ran low on energy and since he'd just eaten quite a bit he was stuck for at least awhile longer.

The wolf was a lot fast then Vin thought his was but all the while he kept swing at the midsection. A blow should hit hard enough to make the wolf pass out...shouldn't it. But as Vin continued his attempts he felt the fur between his fingers slip some and saw those jowls coming his direction. He release the wolfs neck and punched downwards onto the wolfs head. Then he swung a leg out hoping to catch the wolfs side however it was a little higher then he thought and made contact with the wolfs ear. Well that was better then missing wasn't it. Vin swiped a hand out to continue the onslaught, he knew that if he kept throwing blows he could either confuse or tire out the wolf. However that was just in theory.

His own breath was still even but the noise outside the room had dropped some and if their fight got any louder they would have a crowd to handle, or rather he would have to handle. "I'm going to skin you and make you a rug" Vin hissed out when he swung an arm out to land on the wolf.

Teller felt the hits to his abdomen after several long minutes of trying to deflect the hits with his back paws.
They were torn up now and bleeding all over the floor, the sensitive pads on the bottom sending most of the red liquid flying since he continued to thrash.
The first blow to catch him full-out was the one to his head.
It snapped his head down and jarred his mind to a blank slate for several long moments.
Teller's lights almost went out from the hit, the wolf fighting to stay awake as the next blow came.
The pup was a bit confused as the blow connected with the base of his ear.
It wasn't a normal place to attack, at least the way he'd been taught to fight but it sure as hell did its job.
A loud yelp screeched from his muzzle as his right ear was slammed, the inside not broken but several bruised and bleeding.
The next few attacks did their job.
Teller was on the floor mere seconds later, he'd gotten in a few more swipes of his claws but that hit to the ear had cause some serious disorientation and just standing became difficult as the room spun like a top in his vision.

It was a wonder he managed to keep his food down but then again his wolf had used up just about all of...
Yup.
The wolf's image blurred, the animal angry that it was being forced back into its human guise when it was desperately needed in control.
Within a minute Teller's human body was back, the kid unable to fight off the increasing black edging at his vision, was out cold.
His feet were bloody and since he was naked it was easy to see all the bruises flowering purple and brown along his stomach and legs.
His right ear was bleeding and a bruise was also forming around the soft skin there.
Of course he was a wolf so his body was starting to heal but having been drained of energy enough to force a shift back it would be a painfully slow process.
As long as he wasn't skinned for a rug that is.

Vin was about done himself, his body was beat pretty good, it had been a long time since someone gave him a good fight. He was bleeding well enough and his suit was torn to shreds. He wouldn't be able to go back to the party like this and as his eyes wandered down to the kid that was now pretty much passed out in front of him, it was easier to look him over. The kids body had the same build as his own and Vin couldn't get over the fact that it was like looking into a mirror if he looked at the face...well minus the fact that the kid looked under fed and had longer hair.

He then turned to inspecting his own body, he would need some food to heal his wounds properly and then he looked at his hands. They had blood all over them but he was sure that it wasn't his. Vin thought it was odd that even the smell of the kids blood seemed familiar and without thinking decided to taste the blood on his hands. He retched back from his hand and started at it. It was like his own and he couldn't think anymore. There was no way that this mutt and himself were related. No where in his bloodline were wolves and if so Vin was sure that his mother would have mentioned something. His mind started to tick a little more and came to a conclusion that if anyone found out about this it would hurt everything.

Vin quickly stuffed his hand into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He sent a quick message to his mother tell her that he was leaving and then he called his driver telling him to come to the back of the building. When Vin was finished he looked down at the kid once more what the hell am I going to do with that? He thought to himself but as his thoughts furthered in that direction part of him wanted to take him home. Soon the driver was entering the room carefully and looked at Vin "I'm not even going to ask" he said quickly and walked over to the two. "Good cause I wasn't going to explain. Now I'm going to go out of the window and I want you to hand him to me. Then met me at the car" he told the driver and did as he was told "Wait" the driver spoke once more and then stripped his coat off to lay over Teller. Once that task was completed they were on their way back to Vin's home.

Awareness started to come back to Teller as he was lifted off the floor.
His mind might not be able to turn back on enough to move his body but he was definitely starting to become aware of his surroundings.
Having only ridden in a car once or twice in his life the kid was a bit confused about the odd sensation but after several minutes pinned it as a vehicle of some sort.
The soft scent of real leather confirmed that he was laying on a seat.
Along with other scents in the car he determined that the vampire was with him still along with another male.
He had no idea who the other might be and couldn't pinpoint if he was human or not without being more fully awake.
His mind faded back to black for a small amount of time before Teller was finally able to himself mostly back to consciousness.
Tiny cries that sounded like an injured puppy wanting its mother could just barely be heard as he started trying to feel his body out.
His feet were starting to heal but the pain radiating from them proved it would be awhile before they were useful again.
His ear had healed its injury and now just drying blood remained.
All of the bruises were a dark purplish-black and covered a good portion of his body.

Slowly blinking his slightly glazed eyes open a black leather seat started to come into focus.
So he was in a car...
Next his eyes glanced up slightly and seeing the vampire he couldn't help but turn his quiet whimpers into a low growl.
Of course Tell was in no condition to start another fight but he couldn't just stay silent in the presence of an enemy.

The ride was pleasant enough and he had only received a small lecture from his mother but he had told her just to tell the others at the party that he had school work or something. Lie, it was the easiest thing to do for his mother and him but to have his mother directly lie for him was a bit of a stretch and it took a lot of convincing for her to do it. Now he sat silently in the car looking out the window, Vin was still trying to figure out why this kid looked so much like him and what a wolf or rather pup doing in this territoriality without backup. "It will do you no good to lay there and growl at me. Just be happy that I didn't skin you for a rug" Vin snapped just as the car came to a stop.

The driver got out offering to help Vin but he was brushed aside "Just get him and bring him inside to the spare room on the first floor" he told him and proceeded inside. He needed something to drink and bad. Once inside the house he quickly went to the kitchen, grabbing out yet another bottle from the fridge and warming it up. That bottle was gone by the time the driver got Teller inside and into the bedroom. Vin had told a passing maid to grab a first aid kit and meet him in the room. Finished with that he proceeded to the room and closed the door however Vin stayed near the door to the room and just leaned against the wall. "I know you're awake. So mind explaining what you are doing here and why you look like me?"

The growling got louder as he was lifted by the driver and carried inside some place.
He'd half expected to be chained to a wall or something, yeah, he read too many books behind his dad's back.
Instead he was set down on a rather comfortable bed, it would have almost been relaxing to his hurting body if he didn't hear that vampire again.
Blinking open tired eyes he hadn't realized had closed he stared across the room at him.
Teller wasn't sure he should spill why he was there because that would give away the fact that he really had no pack and thus, no back up, no one who would come in for revenge if he was just killed.
However, the vampire didn't seem to have much patience left for him so he decided to tell the truth and see where it lead him.
"I...really don't know why...we look alike...but that's why I was...there tonight...I thought I could...ask, or at least...try to figure it out..."

A cringe made him pause as an ache started up in his foot, joining the strong one pulsing in his temple from the time he'd been hit on the back of his skull.
The next question was a bit harder to put together an answer for but he did his best, cutting out unimportant parts.

"I left my old pack...dad was alpha and he..."
The sentence trailed off as his eyes glazed over again, this time with tears but Tell quickly blinked them back and continued;
"He told me my mom would go west...he said they were never together...that they did 'it' then he...took care of her for the nine months...then took me and left..."
Memories started to flood into his mind making his heart squeeze at the visions of his father.
Sure he was tough on him and unwilling to adapt to humans but he was still his dad.

"I came here for human school...and to find my mom..."
Well, now it was painfully obvious that there was no pack for Teller. He was a solo wolf and those hardly lived very long.
Admitting that to a vampire was probably suicide but he couldn't bring himself to lie when he was in such bad shape.

He shook his head slightly when Teller continued his incisive growling, like it would do any good to him now, it hadn't helped then so why did he figure it would now. But just as he was about to snap at him once more the kid began to talk. Well that was a little reassuring that he didn't even know why they looked alike. But what he wasn't expecting was to hear sobs in Teller's voice or the story that he told. Even though he didn't show any emotion the story hit home for him, if Vin were to ever lose his mother he would probably feel like Teller did but then again he didn't have a father to get emotional over to begin with.

There was a soft knock at the door and the maid handed Vin the first aid kit "Thank you" he told her and then she scurried off. Well now comes the part he really didn't want to do, Vin moved closer to the bedside and set the kit down then he walked over to the adjoining bathroom to get a glass of water. He returned shortly and pulled a chair up to the bed that had been placed in the corner of the room for decoration. Vin set the glass of water on the night stand and then placed the kit in his lap, he shifted through a couple of things in the box "Sounds like a sad story" he finally told him but never looked at him "However the resemblance between us is unmistakable...not to mention your blood tastes just like mine but what I don't figure is how that's possible" Vin continued and then pulled a bottle out of the kit. He twisted the cap off and tapped the edge of the bottle to his hand, after a few pills rolled out onto his hand he closed the bottle and put it and the kit on the floor. "Take these. It should help your head and with the pain. I would bind your wounds but I'm sure they have already fixed themselves so really all I can do is give these to you" Vin explained to him as he held his hand out to Teller and the glass of water.

Teller hadn't expected any kind of remorse from the vampire.
After all, the stories he'd been told were that they were just cold-hearted bloodsuckers, however, it was a bit surprising that he was at least not laughed at.kill
Father had fought several vampires and they always seemed to get more smug when a wolf was seriously injured or killed.
What was being said did baffle him a bit though. The blood tasting the same was definitely odd.
He'd never known any blood to taste alike unless twins were born.
While wild wolves had litters werewolves could usually only have one pup, just like humans.
Twins were fairly common but sometimes the other would die prematurely.
"Twins...that's the only way in weres..."
When the pills were handed to him he hesitated.
Of course he knew they were definitely on friendly terms but the vampire could have easily killed him earlier if he'd wanted...
Reaching out carefully Teller shifted just enough to tilt his head up and take the medicine, washing it down with the entire glass of water before sighing with relief.
His system apparently processed medicine faster then humans because within a few minutes it was working strong.
"Nnn...that feels so good..."
He wondered silently why his father had never let him have these pill things after getting hurt.He was always told to just tough it out, that wolves didn't need such medicine.
His eyes slowly started to close but it was definitely still awake.
"Maybe your parents knew mine...somehow."
They might be able to at least shed some light on the awkward situation.

Vin was glad that Teller hadn't resisted him on the medicine, now it would make things easier to talk with out him grunting all the while. But he was still curious as to why he was able to beat him up so easily. His mother had told him that werewolves were hard to take down at it took at least two vampires to kill a wolf but he shrugged it off. Deming it an unnecessary thought at the moment, he was still to curious as to why they were alike. "That still wouldn't explain why we look alike nor the fact that are blood is the same. As far as I know I don't have sibling nor any that are mongrels" he told Teller but then thought on his words, it was just a habit of his to call werewolf's names and wondered how Teller would react "anyways I doubt we are going to figure anything out. I didn't know my father and you obviously didn't know your mother. Your father is dead so we can't ask him anything and my mother refuses to talk about my father."

Vin got up from the chair and paced about the room, he couldn't very well go to school with all this new information and the others would want to know what he plan to do about the new kid. Though all of that seemed irrelevant now, this kid could be family not to mention a twin somehow. Vin stopped pacing and turned to Teller "Ok...lets say that it is possible for two brothers...twins to be born in your species and mine with both surviving. What are the odds that one child is more like the father and one is more like the mother?"

The mongrel hit him deeper then one would think.
As Donovan continued to talk Tell quietly whispered. "I'm not a mongrel..."
He had a great amount of pride for his bloodline, even with no mother to raise him his father was a very strong and well respected wolf.
The unintentional jab that his father was dead definitely didn't help the kid's thoughts on this vampire but he held his tongue.
The last question caught his attention and had Teller thinking in silent contemplation for several moments.
He remembered his dad talking about that type of thing, but just once when he was very young.
If he remembered correctly...
"Two percent."

Slowly blinking open his eyes which were now slightly faded from the medicines effects he repeated;
"It's two percent."
The low number was mainly because of lack of data.
Over the history of all recorded time only one hundred vampire/werewolf matings had been recorded.
Of those, one or the other had almost always been murdered shortly after.
The two that actually resulted in childbirth were both twins, one set of which, unknown to them, were Teller and Donovan.
Right after he finished speaking Tell was waiting for a response when his stomach rumbled loudly, causing a slight blush to color his near-white cheeks.
His wolf had gone through his entire dinner that night leaving him on empty.

Ok so things weren't going to be easy and that was becoming very clear but when he got an actual response on the percentage he looked at Teller. "Ok so that's a little sad that it's that low but wasn't really looking for a number" he told him and then headed towards the door. Before leaving the room he looked over his shoulder "if you need anything use the phone on the stand. Dial 2 for anything medical and Dial 1 for the kitchen if you are hungry. Despite the fact that I'm a vampire we do have a well stocked house including the kitchen" with that said he left the room. Vin had a few words he wanted to have with his mother.

He passed about his own office trying to think of ways to break this news to his mother and how to get information out of her. But nothing was coming to mind and he just picked up the phone. "Hi mother" he said sharply and she tried to dismiss him "I will not be pushed aside once again" he snapped at her and she seemed to change her attitude "What is my relation to a guy names Teller?" She screeched on the other line asking where he had heard that name and why he was asking about that person "Well mother as you had tried to hide it from me and did so well for quiet some time, you now need to come to terms with it. Who is Teller and what is he to me? So help me if you don't tell me..." she cut him off and started rambling on and on.

Well it went better then he thought and he got the information he wanted. So now the question was, did he tell Teller what he had learned? But it was getting late and there was school the next day that Vin wasn't even sure if he was going to go to it. So he decided he would just sleep for now and find the answers to the questions he had or something close to it.

Teller nodded, figuring that the others' abrupt exit meant he was done talking.
Glancing over at the phone he carefully reached out and grabbed it, dialing the one for kitchen.
He had never really used a phone but it seemed like a straight forward device.
When a voice came on the other end he couldn't help but grin.
It might be a simple thing for humans but it was pretty darn cool for him!
"U-um...the vampi....er....." What exactly was he supposed to call the guy?
"Um...I was told I could ask for something to eat?...um, please?"
It was odd asking for food when he normally had to hunt it down himself but when the voice said it would be up in twenty minutes he just thanked them and hung up.

And right on time the food arrived.
And holy crap it was a freaking ton!!
There was salad, steak, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and carrots cooked in honey.
Teller quickly made his body sit up against the pillows and started eating the second he could figure out the fork thing.
He was left alone and cleaned the plate in about ten minutes, leaving it on the nightstand beside the bed before curling up under the blankets.
Sure he still had dried blood everywhere but that could be taken care of tomorrow, it didn't bother him too much.
A few moments later the maid came back in to take the tray and found Teller passed out cold, snoring quietly.
She dropped off the tray in the kitchen before finding Donovan and reporting that his guest had fallen asleep for the night and ate about two pounds of food. Which surprised her but she did notice he'd been pretty skinny.

It was hard to even lay down in his bed to get some sleep, his mind was still running around with finding out that he had a brother and that brother was a werewolf. How was that even possible but his mother just told him that it was a miracle but that he could say anything to anyone else. Vin also wasn't allowed to search out his brother or father however his mother wouldn't listen to him about the fact that his father was dead and that his brother was asleep in one of the guest bedrooms. He had let it go for the time being but would bring it up at a later date, after he had told Teller about the new information.
Vin was about to roll over and try to fall asleep once more but his phone rang, he lifted the receiver and placed it to his ear. He thanked the maid for letting him know and promptly told her night.

Morning wasn't much better, things happened as they always did. The maids came in, opened the windows, he watched them then got out of bed. He quickly showered and dressed in some lose jeans and a t-shirt. Vin would deal with school later he figured as he made his way downstairs where he saw his mother sitting like the morning before. "Why aren't you dressed for school?" She snipped at him and he walked over to the fridge and pulled out his breakfast plus a little more. He was going to need all he could get, his body hadn't healed all the way and to deal with the wolf he had to make sure he didn't want to bite him.

"I don't feel good" he lied to her and placed his breakfast in the microwave "Don't give me that crap. I know you are in top shape, seeing as how you are a vampire. There's no way you are feeling terrible" she practically lectured him and he pulled his breakfast out of the microwave but unlike usually he sat down at the breakfast bar to stare at his mother "Alright then let me put it this way. I pissed off that you lied to me my whole life and I found out last night that my father was a werewolf and I have a twin brother, who also by some unexplained miracle is a werewolf" Vin snapped at her and drank his breakfast. "Now I'm going to my room to digest this information some more" he turned and walked out of the room.