Twenty-Second Century: The War *Closed*

As the last bell rung, Jay saved his progress and shut his laptop down, closing it. Ms. Lacey was at the door, handing out papers and telling kids to stop running in the halls.
Jay turned, leaning against the wall. He heard someone approach. "Hey there..you look relaxed today."
Immediately, Jay's entire form tensed and he silently held his breathe.
"No response? Too bad. You seem a bit tense.." The boy's voice chuckled as he reached forwards, his fingers brushing the side of Jay's face, making him flinch.
Ms. Lacey glanced inside. "Zachary, you're going to be late if you don't get going!"
"One second Ms. Lacey, I'm asking a question." The teacher, oblivious, nodded and continued with yelling. The boy smirked. "Looks like you're all alone...like usual."
Jay shook his head. "I-I h-have...A-Alice." He said quietly.
The jock laughed. "Alice? Yeah right. She wouldn't pay attention to you."
Jay felt the breath leave him as a hard punch was delivered right to his chest. Zach laughed softly. "Thanks for your help Jay!" He said quite loudly before leaving, saying goodbye to Ms. Lacey.
Jay slumped forwards, clutching his chest. He felt dizzy and found it hard to breathe. He knew he'd be bruised pretty bad. Ms. Lacey let the door close behind her as the last of the students left. "Alright Jay, I'm going to have to make you leave if your friend doesn't get here soon." She said, not facing him as she began writing on the board. She paused. "Did you hear me? Jay I sai-" As she turned around, she paused. "Are you okay?"
He took a shaky breath, his words broken a little as he fought back the urge to whimper. "Y-yeah.." He said without looking up. Ms. Lacey, trusting his words, went on writing.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Her friends, strangely talkative today had kept her behind despite her protest, even when he tried to leave they dragged her back somehow. So currently she was bolting down the halls, green eyes wide as she turned into Jays class, panting heavily. She was athletic but still! Looking around, her eyes adjusting as she took note of Jay, his current state more specifically. Instantly she went and sat next to him, dropping her bag. "Jay!" She quickly wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him to her. "What the hell happened!? How could you get attacked in class?" She questioned, seemingly angry. She turned her gaze to the teacher, narrowing them. Looking upon Jay she put some distance between them before kissing her teeth, helping the boy to his feet. "Come one, we are skipping next period." She whispered, taking his hand as she pulled her bag on, taking his as well as she dragged him with her. "We need to deal with any wounds..." in her anger she couldnt help the heat that engulfed her hand, threatening to burn until fire raged. Though it was weak, not enough to harm any skin but it was noticeable. Heading towards the nurses office she frowned. "Im so sorry Jay..."

Jay pulled gently against her hand, stumbling a little. "W...wait.." he said, still out of breath. "I...Ms..gah.." he tumbled to his knees, his free hand still clutched on his chest. "Alice...I-I need to...tell Ms. Lacey....I...I know...He..." he closed his eyes, taking a deep, ragged breath. "Know who..did it." He said, coughing slightly. The pain was almost enough to blind him, but not as bad as it had been before.

• Love
She paused, staring at him worriedly as she shook her head, eyes narrowed. "Tell me who did it then Jay, Teachers cant fix anything." She muttered, her anger increasing. Jay was so sweet! How could someone do this! Pursing her lips she pouted, crouching next to him as she settled a hand on hsi chest, softly applying little pressure. "Someone punched your chest...?" She questioned, her tone hushed. "Jay, you need to go to the nurse, just tell me what you want done and Ill do it while you rest..." she begged, her concern growing.

Jay took a deep breath. He groaned softly as her hand touched his chest. "Zach hit me..." he muttered in a hushed whisper. "No...n-no nurse...just.." His eyes fluttered slightly and he paused, almost as if he was falling asleep. Was it hot in the hallway? It felt like it. "Need...water." He mumbled, his brows creasing and his unsure expression frowning. He put a hand on the ground.
Ms. Lacey opened her door to accept her new students. She stared a moment before looking away. It was obvious she wanted to do something, but then there was a slight hint of knowing in her eyes.
Jay's hand on his chest curled into a fist. "I...need..water." He said quietly, doing his best to stand, though he was still dizzy.

• Love
Her eyes seemed to waver now. If only she had not been tied back, she would have not left Jay to get hit. She only met him this morning but still! It felt as if she knew him longer. "Zach?..." she trailed off, her eyes wide. "But hes so nice..." she muttered, looking down. It couldnt be true.. right? He began demanding water and she flinched. Alice honestly hated water, as a drink, so she had none to give him straight up. Clenching her fists she got to her feet as she once again pulled him closer to her, this time so she could provide support. "Put your arm around my shoulder... we can go get some water from the cafeteria, it will be empty right now..."

Jay nodded, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and leaning heavily against her. "Good... Water.." He mumbled something else and coughed. "Dang... This hurts." He said softly as they started towards the cafeteria. HW wondered if Zach had done more than bruise him.
They no more had left Ms. Lacey's earshot and eyes when a sophomore girl approached.
She laughed. "who's this? Your sister?"
"Does... She look like it?" Jay stuttered.
More soft laughter. "Ah, I see Zachy got you again." She giggled before dashing off.

• Love
She smiled slightly, barely at all, it was a comfort for her that he would be unable to see it because she honestly didnt want him to know. She failed. Once the girl had passed she continued taking him to the cafeteria, helping him sit down as she quickly hurried to buy a bottle of water. No one but Jay and her were in here luckily. Approaching him she placed the bottle upon his lap. "Hey, who was she?" She asked with curiousity as she sat herself on the floor in front of him, her head tilted. "Zach...he does this a lot huh?" Alice muttered, her hands clenching tightly. "Ill talk to him." Her words were final as nodded. "Hum...did you tell him you were waiting for me?" She asked, leaning forwards slightly.

"I don't...know.." he opened the water, taking a quick drink. Almost immediately the tension left his body and, although still in major pain, he was able to relax a little. "Yeah he does it...almost every day...Ms... Lacey said his name t-today.." He said quietly, now sipping the water. "I don't know..who that was...but she finds me..in the halls a lot." He shrugged. The verbal never bothered him. Why should he care? Someone could say he'd never make it and he was failing everything, but he knew it was wrong. He didn't know how he looked, so why should he care if someone yelled he was ugly or whatever? What bothered him was the physical stuff, especially being punched, because it always hurt so bad. "I did..." His head dropped, his gaze on the floor and he took a quiet sip. He didn't really want to explain what happened.

• Love
Zachary knew Jay was going to hang out with her but he still did this? Scowling slightly she cast her gaze to the ground. "Damn..." she muttered, bringing her nails to her lips as she suddenly began to nibble upon them, eyes cast. "I will deal with Zachary..." closing her eyes she pulled herself to stand up, settling her hand upon his shoulder, trying to reassure him. "Im going to skip some classes to pick you up and others ill walk out early." She did plan to try and catch Zach since it would make her future actions justified. "You did and he still attacked you? Geez...I thought he had more dignity..." by now the next classes would begin to start but Alice wasnt hugely worried by that."You dont need to be so quiet anymore Jay, ill take care of everything ao you have to cheer up a bit!~" nodding enthusiastically she sat down next to him. "If you want I can bust into your next class? Teachera dont really care what I do anymore..." pause. "Do you have Zach for your next class?"

He found a small smile on his face at her concern and excitement. Without thinking, he reached out, hugging her tightly despite the pain it caused.
"Y-you don't need to burst into my next class..." he said, his voice still quiet despite what she said. It was natural for him. "And no...he's not in my English class." Jay let go, his face tinted light red, but he didn't know. "I'm ahead in my class...Mr. David won't mind me being late." He said, rubbing his chest lightly as he took another sip of the water.

• Love
Alice was shocked, wide eyed when she was pulled into a hug by her new friend. Smiling softly she returned the hug, chuclking softly as she tried to not hurt him further in the process. Releasing him she sulked slightly, a pout on her lips as she huffed. "Fine! I wont disturb your class~" she whined, folding her arms over her torso as she kicked her legs out. "But I will get out of my class earlier, ill tell the teacher before hand so I cant be held back." It was clear ahe was not going to change her mind anytime soon. Specially on this topic. Nodding she threw her arm over his shoulder, grinning. "Ill take you there when you feel better." She replied, relaxing slightly. "Hey...how do you normally get to class?" She asked.

Jay smiled faintly at her hysterics. It made him laugh softly. "Okay." When she asked him how he got to class, he paused, thinking how to explain. "I usually count the lockers, tracing them with my fingers." He brushed two fingers gently around her hand.

• Love
She seemer amazed by that, specially since she could barely remember her phone number. "Thats amazing Jay! You must have some really good Memory..." she pointed out, folding her arms as she rested them upon her lap. She didnt mind the contact between them, specially since Alice herself was becoming fond of Jay. "You are alright you know" she mumbled, leaning back as she yawned. She was still pretty much tired. "You are interesting definetely." Was added on as she tilted her head. "Different from some of the others I hang out with. I mean I love all of them but they are just always hiding stuff..."

Jay shrugged. "It's all I've got to do most of the time... School school school." He shrugged, finishing his water. He stretched slightly, winced, then finished his stretching. He reached out to hug her with one arm, but accidentally poked her cheek. His face burned bright red. "S-sorry..." He dropped his hands to his lap and his head fell a little.

• Love
When his hand suddenly poked her cheek her eyes widened as she turned to stare at him, only to begin laughing seconds later. It was cute how he got all upset, a sight that kept her giggling as she fell forwards slightly. Eventually, having regained her breath, she let her head fall onto his shoulder, still smiling from her previous laughing fit. "Its fine Jay!" She told him hurridly, letting her eyes close tiredly. "You dont need to apologize you know!" Alice hardly took any offence to it, in fact it just made her chuckle. "We are friends Jay, just relax around me."

Jay nodded slightly, blushing faintly at her giggling. He liked making people laugh. With her head on his shoulder, he wrapped a gentle arm around her waist. He rested his head on hers. "Thank you..." He whispered softly.

• Love
Alice yawned softly, a gentle 'Hm' strumming from her lips as she seemed not to mind his contact with her, in fact she seemed to just remain still. She was tired but Jay was quite relaxed and so she was following suit. A lot of the time she had fallen asleep upon people. Since his head was on hers she just grinned, curiously questioning him upon his gratitude. "Huh? Why you saying that Jay?" She asked, her words above a whisper. Green orbs were tired and barely open but she was fully aware. "I mean If I wasn't held back you would be perfectly fine, not wounds at all...I got caught up in chatting..." She pulled herself, bringing herself up as she crossed her legs, hands on her lap. Scratching her cheek she leaned back against the table, stretching her arms up with a shrug.

Eventually she pulled herself off the seat, standing up as she turned around to face him. "Well, what do you want to do now?" She asked, cocking her head to the side as she interlocked her fingers behind her back, rocking on the heels of her feet as she grinned. "I mean we are kinda late...I wont end up going to my class now, the teacher will just call it pointless so I'm good~" Alice was terrible at turning up to her classes, then again she cared little for them. "So do you want me to take you to your class...or we could go outside or something?" She questioned, grabbing her bag as she pulled it over her shoulder, adjusting the strap so the large bag hung from her left shoulder with ease, applying little pressure to her form.​

Jay shrugged. "I don't know." He said, not standing. He stretched a little. "I don't think I should go to English now..maybe we could go outside for a little? It's a nice day..ish." He hoped it had warmed up. He hated the cold. "I could show you my book too..you asked about it on the bus and I never answered you." He smiled weakly.

She grinned brightly, nodding, as she took his hand within hers. Pulling him up, she kept her hand gripping his as she began to lead him outside. "That sounds awesome!" She cheered, pumping her fist in the air as she chuckled, taking a right. "I was curious to what that book was, you seemed protective of it after all..." she muttered, looking up curiously. Once they were outside she released his hand for a second, sttetching her arms. "Damn I love the outdoors!" She shouted happily, chuckling.