1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovLzY3Lm1lZGlhLnR1bWJsci5jb20vN2I4Nzg0NDFhNmQ5OWNkMGQ0MTZlMmRiMjYyMTY3ODIvdHVtYmxyX284emlmaDZWRGkxdHE2d3M3bzFfNTAwLnBuZyJ9.bcFa2W9weeg5l0mCvE0g1eh2B1M.png

Last edited:
I sometimes draw them when I have the time for it, but they don't turn out all that great.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Nemopedia and Sav
My tortured soul is up and running.

Forgot to mention he's also got two small horns hidden beneath those dreads.

Also. Sav. You're my angel.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sav
Bios look good at a glance! I'll see if I have better feedback reading it when I'm not dead tired

Did the DIV thing and working on editing for spelling and blah. May take another hour. ;T

Does anyone here draw their characters, or is that just a thing I do?
I can't draw good so I try to be fairly involved with character descriptions. Apparently a reference is usually needed; I usually have a nice art friend to help out (I was gonna drop some $$$ on commissions for my kids).

Goblin pic was image searched though. Erica is better at searching than I am. Do you understand how hard it is to find a good goblin OC reference on google image search

It sucks

A lot

• Love
Bios look good at a glance! I'll see if I have better feedback reading it when I'm not dead tired

I can't draw good so I try to be fairly involved with character descriptions. Apparently a reference is usually needed; I usually have a nice art friend to help out (I was gonna drop some $$$ on commissions for my kids).

Goblin pic was image searched though. Erica is better at searching than I am. Do you understand how hard it is to find a good goblin OC reference on google image search

It sucks

A lot
Also apologies, mine has a lot of grammar mistakes and missing words. I typed mine up under the influence of an unknown virus and obscure steroid medication. Sorry about that.

I'll fix my errors tomorrow.

• Love
Yo, @TuttyTheFruity you are awesome. You too @Noctis the Devious I didn't get any notifications from this thread so I didn't know people were being chatty

1453262358-7ee823222f52b5ba7f7adaa1b886db8b.gif

But thank you guys for getting people caught up on what's what. So like the great philosopher DJ Khaled said;

khaled5.gif

khaled4.gif

Hey-o. Does anyone mind explaining what the secondary ability means/is?
It's an ability not tied to your racial abilities //extra late on responding You got better explanations anyway xD

Pretty much non supernatural skills like agility and having a high alcohol tolerance :)
Not exactly. My character Evie's secondary ability is a supernatural abilities :3

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Does anyone here draw their characters, or is that just a thing I do?
My best friend Erica aka @VocaStar draws her characters too so you're not alone xD

I didn't get any notifications for this either. ):
I was sleeping...so I guess I shouldn't be mad....but I don't like when things don't work that should.

But I'm celebrating more people and activity!

Reactions: Sailor Arti and Sav
My art is getting there. ;P I'll try to draw some head shots of Bell if I get accepted. But I have been using a new style as of late and I haven't really done a test run on males yet, so we'll see.

Probably will draw some of you guys female characters. ;x

@Jess Incognito @Princess Misaou @TuttyTheFruity <,< Maybe if I tag you guys, the notification will go through.

but I don't like when things don't work that should.
Iwaku does that at times. Only solution I got so far was to 'read' the whole thread (thus scroll down the page until the last reply) and then hope that it will notify me with the next update. Which it did, luckily.

If the problem persists you will have to approach the Iwaku staff members to see if there is some other bug going on.

Iwaku does that at times. Only solution I got so far was to 'read' the whole thread (thus scroll down the page until the last reply) and then hope that it will notify me with the next update. Which it did, luckily.

If the problem persists you will have to approach the Iwaku staff members to see if there is some other bug going on.
Fixed the white text, 95% sure I got all of it. If anyone see's anything weird, let me know. My apologies ahead of time.

Nope, as far as I can tell there isn't any bugs with the alert system :) But if you're like me and get spammed with 10 alerts at one time, it can be easy to overlook something (or forget to look at something if your constantly getting alerts from a single thread). Like Nemo said, to avoid the spam filter on the alert system kicking in, you have to make sure you read all the messages and keep up on them or you're not to receive an alert from the thread.

Isn't nice to know someone from Community Maintenance ^.^

I'm not worried about it. I'm not the person to sit around stewing - why is it so quiet?
If I'm truly following a thread, I probably go back to see if I missed anything alert or no.

So are we waiting for more spots to fill up now?

Ty said they didn't need spots to be filled to start. More likely than not they're either busy or distracted (she also said rounding up the triplets is like rounding up a bunch of cats so... XD)

Ty said they didn't need spots to be filled to start. More likely than not they're either busy or distracted (she also said rounding up the triplets is like rounding up a bunch of cats so... XD)
tumblr_ny6k9q68QO1uewx7xo1_400.gif

Nah, we're currently in a slowpoke mode. Misa and Nemo are on their summer vacation. Rekt just got home from some sort of conference that they were at like, a week and stuck with an almost nonexistent wifi. Meanwhile I'm about to finish my insane work-pipe in couple of days but I'm gonna be busy... as some of you know. (I'm. So. Fucking. Tired. Oh my god. I can't wait for vacation. Who said working 10 hours a day and seven days a week for almost three weeks was a good idea? Who?) Because of our currently mixed schedules and time zones, we're slowly judging characters and so on. But trust us, we're getting things done behind the scenes. Just remember we're only humans. Overworked humans. And two of us have the attention span of a sparrow. Cut us some slack. We're getting there.

Once I get relieved by next week, things should get done more effectively. Because I have the hugest urge to get shit done and get this thing rolling.

XENOPHOBIA IN AUTUMN

Alright Lords and Ladies, I'm going to post to you guys about the xenophobia in Autumn. I noticed that a few of the profiles touch on it, and we've mentioned it passing, but it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty.

If you read the history, you may have noticed the part where people were scared by the changes to the world. And yes, a lot of the violence was immediate. People were harmed and killed. That being said, that was a long time ago. We're over that, right? Hah. No. While Autumn is more tolerant that most, given their high supernatural population, they still suffer from the same xenophobia as the rest of the world.

While intolerance for species runs rampant, intolerance varies from species to species. I'm going to give you a quick run down of the MOST tolerated to LEAST tolerated species.

HUMANS: Of course, they're the most tolerated. Look at them. All fancy and perfect. And while they are the core of the xenophobia that happens in this world, ALL species do it. Don't assume that because they're the most vocal about their dislike, that they are the only ones.

MAGES: Mages are viewed as Humans + by most people. And while those with awe-inspiring powers might be feared, they're generally looked upon with interest and reverence. This might come from the fact that more mages do more good than bad, and they use their powers to better society and not conquer it. Still, there is the occasional mage that just sours it for everyone. But like a lot of tragedies, there is a wide berth between these incidents, and people usually forget their hate in between.

LIGHT ELVES: What's not to like? They're like prettier humans with the ability to feel all the emotions. While they bear little difference to their Dark Elf cousins, people like them more because they seem "less threatening." That isn't true. They have the same capabilities as the Dark Elves. The only difference is solely cosmetic. Of course, they are disliked by all the "Earth Belongs to the Human" activists, but they aren't prone to being the victim of as many hate crimes as other species.

REVENANTS: What, you ask, why are they high on this list? Why? Because they're immortal beauties that are heavily controlled by the government. Illegal and forced changes rarely ever happen on the streets of Autumn. And when they are illegal, they're usually asked for by the victim. People view being a revenant like becoming a supermodel. Look at all these perks: eternal youth, eternal beauty, and all I have to do is change my diet. That being said, there is a lot of hate directed at them due to the actions of some of the first revenants that arrived on Earth. They couldn't control their powers and left a lot of dead in their wake. Nowadays, revenant-related deaths are very rare, but people still like to dredge up the past.

AFTER THIS POINT, THINGS GET RATHER MUDDY. THE LAST BIT OF THIS LIST IS USUALLY TAILORED MORE TO PERSONAL OPINION THAN STATISTICS.

DARK ELVES: Dark elves face two-fold discrimination. Outside of their own kind, most people believe them to be shady schemers that don't bear any resemblance to their Light Elf cousins when they actually are exactly the same outside a cosmetic difference. Within the dark elf community, they show great discrimination against dark elves that are lighter than the much-valued pitch black. They believe them to be tainted by their much-hated cousins, the Light Elves. This has led to the dark elf community not being able to band together and promote that they should be given the same amount of respect as their light elf cousins. And this in-fighting has led to dark elves taking various places in society. There are some that do really well and others that do very poorly.

WEREFOLK: Now, they probably shouldn't be as low on the list as they are. For the most part, they always look human. It is unfortunate that a lot of this hate and lack of tolerance stems from individual instances. People fear werefolk, because there is not enough information out there to educate both them and the werefolk populace. People don't know why they accidentally change in the middle of the day in the middle of the crowd, and sometimes werefolk, especially those that have been changed, don't know either. It just happens. They're scared. People are scared. And on more than one occasion a gun-toting patron of Autumn has shot a werefolk after they changed out of fear. It also doesn't help that most werefolk turn into predatory animals. And quite frankly, sometimes the human half of them can't control the animal half. It is unfortunate, but it is the truth. They still have their minds, though, and if it wasn't for the panic surrounding werefolk, they would sit there patiently and wait to revert back. It's this fear that they could snap at any time that puts them very low on this list.

GOBLINS: Small, green, and the least humanoid race out of all of these. A lot of people do not view goblins are threats, and why should they? That being said, based on appearance alone, people find them repulsive. It is a common belief that goblins have as many diseases as plague rats. That isn't true. If anything, goblins are cleaner than a lot of their human counterparts. There is an instinctual knee-jerk reaction to frown and give goblins a wide berth. Of course, this is not everyone. There are many humans, and other species, that aren't put off by the way that goblins look. Unfortunately, those that do not like goblins will decry these people and call them "gob knobbers," which is a ridiculous slang, but they like using it. These people are on the receiving end of just as much torment and misunderstanding as the goblins are. Many goblin activist units fight against this discrimination and hope to set people's mindsets right. But, as we know, people rarely change their mind when facts are presented.

TROLLS: No one is surprised by this. While they are more humanoid than goblins, they are still a far cry from humans. Tall, strong, and prone to emotionally complicated emotions, trolls are not viewed as stable or productive members of society. Out of all the supernatural beings, trolls constitute the highest homeless numbers. They also hold the lowest paying jobs and usually don't have a high school education. They are treated as second-class citizens in a world where that shouldn't happen. Just like goblins, trolls are given a wide berth and viewed with heavy disdain. Those that associate with them are treated similarly, and those that are known Cursed are practically shunned. While there have been a lot of movements to get them more recognized in society, they face a constant uphill battle of society not caring what they say and their own selves betraying them.

With the exception of elves, trolls, and goblins, most of the supernatural community can hide what they are. And they do. While official federal and court documents will say what they are, there is a massive stigma for the supernatural to not reveal it in any way/form/fashion to their coworkers, friends, and sometimes even family. This is not only to protect them but their loved ones. And if physical violence isn't hinted at, then they could receive social discrimination, or even find themselves losing their job.

Of course, this feeling of needing to hide oneself true nature has not helped harbor trust between the supernatural community and humans. Humans have learned not to trust anyone. And in that respect, they've accidentally accused other humans, that are a bit odd, of being supernatural. There have been numerous accounts of wrongly accused humans being viciously hurt or killed.

And while I'm speaking a lot of these things, Autumn is not a dystopia where no one is safe. For the most part, SPARRO keeps things in line. These are instances of extremes and not the day-to-day. That being said, it is a place wrought with monumental hurdles for people that are even the slightest bit different.

I mainly am discussing this so you can think about your character and what hurdles they have had to cross to get here. And if they are one of the supernatural that look human, have they concealed their identity or made it know?. What has been the backlash from it? Please think about these things as we move forward in the RP. While the forces of evil are what directly face our characters, there will be many moments where they have to face these societal challenges as well. And they can't be easily cleared with a hug or a few words.

GM NOTE: Unless the character makes it blatantly obvious, your character will not be able to recognize a human-like supernatural from a human. Please don't metagame and say that you KNOW that character is a revenant or a mage. Unless the author writes it so it is a known, public thing, your character does not know.

Future Discussions... how religion is factored into this...[/hr][/hr][/hr]

This looks good!! @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Really curious about the religion. My dark elf is low-key religious.

@Wicked

Yeah, you guys do you. Real life comes first!

Stop trying to be so positive, Sav.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Born Werefolk: Werefolk: You grew up in a pack and have lived most of your life in it. Yet, unlike your kin, you showed exceptional skill in whatever you decided to pursue in life. Some may shun you for it, and others may applaud you for it. The only thing you know is that you believe you are different. -OPEN
Just letting everyone know: Born Werefolk: Werefolk spot is the only spot that has no applicants for it. Yet. So, while competitions might be exciting and all this is definitely the safer option. For now.

13503466.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.