TV/Netflix Marathons

When you watch a series, how do you watch it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Levusti

Original poster
How do you watch your series or movies?

Since I don't have a lot of scheduled free time, when I do, I watch entire series or seasons in a single night.

It's hard for me to be patient and wait for the episodes as they come out so I prefer whole seasons to be released before I bother watching something.

Fluffy and I watch a series of... series. Futurama, American Dad, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Community, Rick and Morty, Key and Peele, and some occasional Firefly and/or Farscape, if they have it. We'll usually watch them a few at a time with Futurama and American Dad (sometimes) being our go to's if we have nothing else we feel like watching.

We also enjoy watching a few kid oriented programs with (and sometimes without) our boy. Stephen Universe, Regular Show, and Adventure Time come immediately to mind.

Reactions: Windsong
I try to follow series when they air, cause if I don't, it takes forever for me to finish them. o_o

If I haven't been fortunate enough to have known that it aired before months/years after it aired, then I tend to watch a lot of episodes one day, then I forget about it for a few weeks/month and then one day I do another day with a bunch of episodes, then it gets put back on the stalled list for a while.

It's not cause I don't like the shows, it's just that I have a really hard time picking up stuff if I put them down xD If I'm able to catch them when they're airing on the other hand, then there's a set schedule and I know that they will be out on a certain day, so I make a habit of watching them on that day. :3 The only thing I hate with that is those DAMN cliffhangers T-T -Had one today-

I find marathoning difficult for attention span reasons, so whenever I sit down to watch a show I only watch one or several episodes at a time, depending on the running length. I find myself zoning out after a while and not wanting to watch it anymore, so I have to pick it up again later.

Marathon the whole thing. Go big or go home.

GoT Season 1 and 2 in two nights straight (Season 5 wasn't out yet)? Check.
Marathon Season 5 in one night once it's all aired? Check.
Marathon Doctor's 9, 10 and 11 within a week? Check.
Marathon all of Fate Zero in one night at a friends house while he's sleeping? Check.
Marathon Fate Stay/Night Season 2 in one night? (Season 1 I watched weekly... I prefer the marathon tactic)? Check.
Marathon Attack on Titan in 1 day? Check.
Do a LOTR Marathon with friends? Check.
Marathon all of Death Note with a friend over two nights straight? Check.
Marathon multiple seasons of Walking Dead once it airs? Check.

Basically Marathoning is always my preference.
I will grieve the day when pressures like work and school become big/hard enough that I am forced to give it up.
I pray that day never comes.

Varies. If I'm watching something with my brother (Better Call Saul, 30 Rock, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, Agent Carter) we watch one or two episodes a night. If I'm on my own (all anime, Breaking Bad, Gravity Falls, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead) I usually watch as much as I can before I fall asleep or have something else I need to do :)

We have done Lord of the Rings marathons, watching the complete extended BluRay trilogy over a single weekend, and the weekend before that it's the Hobbit trilogy. We've yet to combine the two!

Watched all of season 4 of the Walking Dead (straying from the source material here is a-okay, because the show is glorious) in one night, but that's about as close as I've ever gotten to marathoning. I like to space things out, make the tension feel more... tense. Unless I'm really into it, then I'll allow myself a few extra episodes.

I think I may be a masochist.

I definitely prefer to go full marathon mode and run through entire seasons in a day. Sadly, ever since getting a full time job, I've had to resort to watching a few episodes at a time most days instead of being able to blaze through shows. :(

I chuck watch. o__o I do too many things to sit and just marathon a single show, plus I watch things with my brother. So I chunk watch a bunch of episodes and switch things arounds.

Despite binge-watching being the optimal, I go by chunks. I don't have enough free time to sit down and watch an entire season, not even on weekends. Plus, my attention span isn't the best when paired with mildly depressive periods.

Though, a LOTR/Hobbit or Star Wars marathon is entirely reasonable.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It really depends. Usually I'll watch a show slowly over the course of a few weeks, maybe fitting in an episode every day/other day. There are a few examples of shows I watched more intensely, but it was still only three/four short episodes a day. The only example of a show I really consider to have "binged" was Steven Universe, which I watched in the space of a few days, although considering the episodes are short this is not hugely impressive.

Started an anime yesterday 1:00pm and finished 12:15am. I cried.

Waiting for the Jessica Jones series. GOnna binge it like I did Daredevil <3

You mean the one where they said hi by punching each other into walls? :P
tumblr_inline_nk9s20zIlv1rrn75w.gif

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I watch them all at once within a day. Once I start I can't stop until it's over or else I'll stop watching it for good and thus never finish said series.

Chunky, like my salsa! If the season is short, like 10 episodes, I may go through it in one session. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.