Turtle Bay High

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REincarnate

Original poster
A new day started, the sun was out and you could feel just the right breeze.
The first day of the week always is the slowest, the school was packed as I stepped in, being new is a scary thing.
Nobody knows me, and I don't know anybody.
I walk towards the front desk, anxious, and confused who to talk to.
Is there anybody that will welcome me with open arms? Or is everybody just going to blank me like everybody always does?
I get handed a paper with all my classes, but I have no idea where to go.
The bell rings.. What now?
A slight panic runs through me, I start walking through the hall, trying to find my way or someone who could help

Reactions: 2 people
"You just missed him." The secretary explained as a frazzled brunette rushed out of the back hallway leading from the counseling offices.
"Already!?" Angela exclaimed hurrying out into the hallway. Rising up to stand on her tip toes she scanned the corridor for someone who looked unsure of where they were going. "Hey, wait up!" She called after him, tracing the same route he had taken. "Hi I'm Angela, I'm the sophomore social chair for student counsel, and it's my privilege to show you to your classes. What do you have first?" She began as soon as she caught up with the new kid.

Blossom saw the confused new guy, and ran over. "Hi, I'm Blossom. You're the new kid right? Do you want any help?" She smiled.

He looked at both girls and smiled "oh uhm, hey, I'm Brendan. I have science? I just, I don't know my way." He looked down feeling kind of stupid, then looked back up. "If you could show me, that'd be great."

"Here to help." Angela chorused waving one hand towards an adjacent hallway. "The Science hall is all the way on the other side of the building (so that they can't smell formaldehyde from the office.)" Setting off at a quick pace she was hoping to lead him there before classes began, though she managed to be tardy more often than not. "So what are you into Brendan? Sports? Band? Debate? Art? Cars? Graffiti? Comics? Karate? Food? We've got all kinds of people at this school."

He rushed after her and looked around confused "Uhm.. Does sleep count?? I don't know, I'm not very good in social situations, people tend to not like me enough for me to me to be into anything. How about you?"

Angela grinned at his 'sleep' reply. She looked at the new guy, considering him for a moment before replying "I'm the social chair, so it seems like I'm involved in everything, even the stuff I don't really like. But I get a lot done, and get to talk to tons of people...so if there is ever something you want to get into I can probably help you find the right people." Angela had realized that she was talking about herself again and she was supposed to be making him feel welcome. Fail. She tried another topic "So what's your best class?"

He smiled and listened to her, the fact she was so confident was admirable. He liked listening, and appreciated that she tried to show an interest in the things he did.
"My best class? Art and english, how about yours?" He looked at her for a moment, then looked around again.

"History. Who does what and when, is pretty much my life. English is fun too. Which teacher do you have? For Science I mean." They had rounded the corner to the science hall, as evidenced by tile floors and lingering smell of chemicals.

He looked at the paper and smiled "history is cool, uhm.. Mr. Lomax? I have no idea who that is."

She stopped in front of his classroom and turned to face Brendan "Welcome to your first class. I'll be back before second hour, unless you want to try and find the rest on your own." A bell rang. She closed her eyes a moment, she was late again, "oh well" she mumbled. Atty least she had a good reason today, showing the new guy around.

"I'm sorry I made you go to class late.. I'll try to find it.. I don't wanna be in your way. Thank you so much." He looked into the room for a minute, and didn't move

"Don't worry about it. I'm always late anyway, and I can be excused for helping you around today." She assured him, turning to go but out of the corner of her eye she noticed his lack of forward movement. He said he was bad in social situations. She put one hand on his arm, "Ask Mr. Lomax to show you his tarantula, he will get distracted and talk about it for twenty minutes, then the whole class will like you. Okay?"

He looked at her and nodded "o-okay, thank you.. I'm sorry again." He stepped into the class and looked around.
The teacher walked upto him and introduced him, then asked if brendan had any questions, brendan smirked and said "well uhm, I heard you have a tarantula?"

Angela headed back towards the science hall after class. It was part of her expectations with student council to help show new students around school. But she also wanted to know how Brendan's class had gone. The halls were packed, but that was normal. Weaving through the crowd she kept an eye out for the new guy. He said he would try to navigate on his own, or a new classmate could be helping, but she was being nosy and wanted to find him.

Brendan looked around quietly, people bumping into him, but not acknowledging as usual.
He was fine with it though, he started walking along the hallway the way they had came before and looked down.

Cecila walked through the halls, trying quickly to get to her next class. She wasn't watching where she was going, and ended up running into somebody. "Oh, I am so sorry! Here, let me help you with that." She bent down to pick up some paper he had dropped, and handed them back to him. "Hey, I've never seen you around here before. Are you new?" She glanced at the paper he kept looking at. "Do you need help finding your next class? I can help you. Oh, and my name is Cecila." She smiled warmly at the new kid, happy for an excuse to be late to math class.

He was kind of shaken up and looked at her "no, no, it's my fault. I'm sorry. I have, uhm.." He looked at the paper in her hands "I think it's english.. I-I'm not sure. I'm brendan.. Nice to meet you."

That day was Lilia's first day in school. Though she already has her schedule, she has no enthusiasm to find her class. She tends to get lost especially in this school with this size.

So she went to the roof top to pass away some time. She'll just go down after lunch break. She doesn't like crowds much.

"Here, let me see." She took the paper from Brendan's hands. "Hmm... English, room 15... Hey! You're in my history class!" She looked up and smiled at Brendan. "Here, let's get you to your class." She took his hand and led him in the opposite direction. They got there just as the bell rang. "Here you are. Mrs. Motovich's English class. I don't mean to just run off, but I gotta get to math! I'll see you in history after lunch!" With that, she turned on her heel and sped off towards the math wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.