Turtle Bay Academy

He looked up and smiled "I was just looking outside, I don't like being in rooms for too long. Makes me nervous."
He got up and walked over to her "You know, it's okay to break the rules from time to time."

Reactions: OlympusBlood
"It is not okay ever to break rules. Otherwise there would be no point," Hadley replied firmly.

"The king knew Daniel must be put in the lions’ den. The king tried to think of a way to save him. But the law could not be changed. The king told his servants to put Daniel in the lions’ den. King Darius told Daniel God would save him," Dustin mumbled. "Why didn't God save me then? Why am I here?"

Reactions: REincarnate
Damian shook his head "Let's be honest, there is no point. Life is about becoming a bigger person, sometimes rules get broken. It doesn't mean that the world will stop spinning, or that god will love you any less."

As he listened to Dustin he sighed and walked over to him, he kneeled down and brushed his hair out of his face "you don't have to be saved yet, you're young, have fun.. Live. I know it seems hard, but that's why we got sent here, to live. Take it from the angel who's brother is a demon, we shouldn't be taking this too serious."

Hadley frowned. She thought she was big enough. Dustin's eyes shimmered, "The world spins?!" That was awesome. "But if rules are broken, why do they happen? I mean, the rules are what we were told was right. If we break them we do wrong."

Damian smiled "breaking a rule isn't always wrong. One day you have to realise that living life is about what feels right for you. God won't love you less if you go your own way."

"Tell me a rule it's okay to break, please!" Dustin asked, he wanted to know something he could step out of line with.

Damian smiled "what is something you are not allowed to do, but you feel like it would feel right if you did it anyway?"

"I'd be selfish and have the bigger bed!" Dustin laughed.
"The beds are the same size," Hadley narrowed her eyebrows into a confused expression.
"I'd steal Hadley's bible."
"I would skip church and watch a goggle box thingy play thingy, that'd be more interesting than how God created the world. I already know," Hadley nodded.
"What would you do?" Dustin asked Damien.

He chuckled "I'd fall in love."
In his family, love was never spoken of as an option.
Everybody told him it was wrong to fall in love because it distracts you from your goals, but all he wanted was to love.
He looked at Hadley
"Go ahead.. Steal her Bible."

Dustin looked excited and picked up the bible, and held it to his chest. "I stole your Bible! Wow. I stole your Bible!" He started jumping and the bookmark fell out. He stopped when he realised Damien's first half of speech. "But love is like...fate, a destiny, a prophecy. It's laid upon you and it can't be stopped."

Damian chuckled "I'm the odd one in the family, love was never a thing, neither do they see it as an option. I do. But.. I have a psycho brother who tends to mess things up for me.. you know, the same look thing going on and stuff."
He pretended like he didn't care, but deep down inside he did. He wanted to be loved.

Dustin didn't know why, but he walked over and gave him a hug. Hadley closed her eyes at whatever happened. She knew her brother was trying to cheer Damien up...but she knew she wouldn't appreciate it herself. "I think that's stupid. And I ruin things for Hadley. Maybe it's a brother thing."

Damian smiled "Thank you.."
He looked at hadley "maybe, but you don't sound or look like Hadley.. and you're both angels. I am an angel in a family of demons, and that's where the difference lies."

"Can I meet your demon family? I want to learn about all the different people," Dustin asked him quietly. "There are werewolves and vampires and humans and angels and demons and then there are cowboys, I want to be a cowboy. I have a cowboy hat that Hadley got me?"
"What do you mean, I don't sound and look like Hadley?" Hadley asked confused.

Damian shook his head "no, I meant he doesn't sound or look like you."
He couldn't help but laugh at Dustin's excitement "well, my demon family isn't very nice.. Chester is the nicest out of all of them, and he's a bit of a jerk, so that says something."

"Oh, that makes more sense. I was about to say. We've always saw that. He's more curious than me," Hadley laughed.
"That's because they are demons though, not because of anything else?" Dustin answered.

damian smiled "No.. it's.. because they choose to be bad instead of bad to the point where there is no redemption. The devil once was an angel, and let's remember that god favoured him before he became evil."
He sighed and looked at Dustin "Breaking rules is okay, but they have a lust to hurt, to kill.. They want to take over someone's mind and make them go crazy, and when it gets boring, they kill them. Not because they have to, because they choose to do so."

Dustin heard the word 'kill' and after that nothing else was heard. He went pale. "Kill? But...why?"
"In some passages, he's the angel Gabriel, but in others, not so," Hadley agreed. He definitely knew what was right.

Damian shrugged "I don't know what drives demons Dustin.. One can only wonder what makes creatures kill others. I don't agree with it, but it happens.. And we're not quite sure yet how to stop it."

"I'll go and ask your brother," Dustin grinned. Hadley was about to protest, but thought better of it and let him be.