Turned For The Worse [Onyx & Em]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor put up two fingers and waved them at the bartender, indicating to double that order. She turned back to Daniel, crossing her legs before speaking, "You mean your senses and everything? Well, frankly, humans are not developed at all. They are just a bunch of sacks of meat. The vampire lineage has more to it and over the last millennium it has evolved." She tapped her nails against the bar counter, watching more people sit down and order. "There's more to it, but in due time it'll manifest. The change is so drastic because humans don't have abilities and the vampiric ones have to be formed all at once."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Interesting..." he leaned on the bar top, "I never would have thought about it like that until now." he shrugged as the bartender came back with two bottles and set them down. He reached to grab some glasses but Daniel just waved him off on his grabbing the bottle and opening it, "I don't need a glass thanks." grasping the bottle he tilted it up to his lips feeling the burning of the liquor as it goes down his throat. Drinking about a quarter of the bottle he sets it back down, "Wow....That has been awhile."

"I'll take that glass... Thank you," she spoke sweetly to the bartender, grasping the glass after it had been put down and pouring just a bit of liquor from her bottle. She filled it about two inches or so and drank it down hurriedly. Once gone, she began to pick and choose peanuts from the bowl that sat in between her and Daniel. "How about this? You ask me questions about being what you are for now and later we can work on back stories. Let's stick to the facts big boy." She grinned at his enthusiastic drinking, breaking peanut shells and popping the insides into her mouth.

He smiled, "Yeah sure whatever." he looked at his bottle, "This may actually not be enough." shrugging he takes another large swig before setting it on the bar, "So. Is this nest in this town or a different one?"

"Its in the town over. That's why nobody here is too worried about it because its not happening to them," Taylor shrugged, pouring herself more of her drink and pushing the rest of the bottle towards Daniel. It just wasn't sitting well in her stomach at the moment. She motioned for the bartender again, "Whiskey on the rocks please." The bartender nodded and disappeared fora moment.

"I see." he took the bottle she passed and carefully poured it into his bottle which had enough room to hold the rest of the liquor. Apparently he could drink and could drink a lot. Taking his bottle he starts to drink again. This time almost half of it disappeared down his throat and his cheeks were turning a light pink, "How long has this been going on?"

"The killings? About three months, but it's random killings with the same puncture wounds." Taylor drank the rest of her glass and pinched Daniel's cheek lightly. His bottle was half gone and Taylor would only have to wait until he began spewing out memories and stories. "Like I said, I meant to go and fix the problem, but the Makee's multiplies and I didn't have any help."

"I see..." he raised the bottle yet again draining the rest in one go. Slamming the bottle down he waved at the bartender for another one. Turning back to her his cheeks are slightly flushed from the alcohol, "What I don't get is no one would want to help you..." he shook his head, "So this one Sire is just constantly making more and more vampires. What do you think they are doing? Like building and army?"

Taylor watched him down his bottle and ask for another, all while her hand simple graspe her cold, empty glass. She continued to break peanuts and pop the insides in between her light pink lips. "I keep to myself around here. Nobody can straight up just trust someone they've only made a territory alliance with," Taylor moved one shoulder in a lazy shrug and continued, "Mhm he just keeps creating more and more. Honestly, I don't know what he's doing, but it probably isn't going to end well with the humans."

He shook his head, "Idiots..." the new bottle was placed in front of him. Grabbing the top he opened it and quickly in a swift motion took a large gulp, "It has been years since I drank this much." he shook his head as the familiar burning sensation of the liquor passed down his throat, "I might need something more smooth and with more of a kick than this." he chuckled and took another large drink, "So. What do you want to know about me? I am like an open book at times and other times I am a vault."

Taylor smiled, incredibly intrigued by Daniel's actions. It had been decades since she spent so much time with one person. "Well, you opened your mind to me during your change, but I didn't get much, other than your name and thoughts at that moment. How about we start simple? What's your favorite color?" Her tone was gentle and full of curiosity. She ate a few more peanuts as she waited.

"Oh so you could see into my head during that huh?" he smiled and raised the bottle taking three large gulps finishing the bottle. Setting it down he sighed happily, "This stuff isn't bad." turning in his seat he faced her, "Let's see my favorite color...." he raised a hand to his chin and thought, "My favorite color would have to be black. It always has been really." he gestures to his attire, "I mean most of my closet is filled with black stuff."

"Maybe I should take you shopping then. It feels extravagant to walk in your closet and see different colors hanging up. Yellow would have to be mine. Light pink is also sorta pretty," she laughed, turning in her chair to face him slightly. "Alright... Where were you born?" Taylor felt sorta silly asking him questions. For a moment, she forgot what she was and she felt... normal.

"I honestly don't think I could get used to other colors but who knows." he laughed and called the bartender over asking for some quality rice sake. As the bartender left he looked back to Taylor, "Lets see I was born actually right here in this town. It seems like a longshot but my parents moved here had me then years after they died." he shook his head, "Crazy how life happens."

"Crazy is the definiton of life," she smiled as the bartender delivered Daniel's sake and then she simply asked the gentleman for a Shirley temple. "I was born in a little town in Ireland. Circa 1666." Her tone was factual and she continued on quickly. She ate some more peanuts, feeling her small sips of Jagermeister begining to buzz in her system. Her snack should subside it, but nonetheless she wasn't worried. "How old were your parents when they passed? If you don't mind me asking?"

He shook his head, "I don't mind really..." he grabbed the already open bottle and poured some onto the little dish cup. Raising it up he smiled and drank it. Setting it back down he looked at her, "If I remember correctly I was five." he looks up in thought and nods, "Yep five years of age and my parents died." he chuckled, "They committed group suicide with a bunch of friends. I was too young to understand it then but I don't care anymore. They made their choice."

The bartender returned and she gave him a small, "Thank you," before coming back to the conversation with her lips stuck to the straw of her Shirley Temple. "My condolences..." she bowed her head slightly, "My parents were shot and killed on my wedding day. Probably the best bday I've ever had." Taylor laughed sarcastically and sipped more of her drink. "What's your favorite food?"

"Don't worry about it." he smiled and poured some more sake drinking it before taking a peanut and popping it into his mouth eating it quickly. He thought for a second, "Well if I had to say...I would say that my favorite food is either a good homemade cheeseburger or traditional japanese teppanyaki."

Taylor fished out one of the cherries in her drink and popped it into her mouth, pulling the stem out and placing it on a napkins beside her prior glass. Her eyebrows furrowed at his answer, "What's teppanyaki? I was only in Japan for a few weeks." She playfully shooed his hand out of the peanut bowl and grabbed herself a small handful, placing it on her napkin before cracking a few. She glanced up at him and ate a few peanuts, the saltiness making her buzz dissipate.

"It is a type of cooking style." he smirked and grabbed another peanut. Before taking another drink of sake, "You ever heard of Shojis? They serve their customers using the cooking style of teppanyaki."

Status
Not open for further replies.