1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Romance, Action, Urban Fantasy
TURKEY DAY IS COMING AND ZEN WANTS RECIPES.

GIVE ME YOUR RECIPES. ONLY YOUR BEST RECIPES.

I WANT ALLLLL THE RECIPES.

TO COOK TURDUCKEN OR NOT TO COOK TURDUCKEN. THAT IS THE QUESTION.

I don't really cook turkey, but advice is KEEP IT MOOOOOOIST! :D Dry turkey is gross. :D

Reactions: Esmeray
TO COOK TURDUCKEN OR NOT TO COOK TURDUCKEN. THAT IS THE QUESTION.

I don't really cook turkey, but advice is KEEP IT MOOOOOOIST! :D Dry turkey is gross. :D
Omg yesssss AND DONT FUCKING TAKE LIKE THREE HOURS TO COOK EVERYTHING. Make sure all the food is cooked with in appropriate time intervals because the food gets cold waiting for the turkey to be cooked and a whole bunch of stuff. Makes the food gross!

Fried Brussels sprouts with bacon and cinnamon

It's what it sounds like

You make it exactly how you'd think

You will never steam them again.

It's what it sounds like

Damn. That sounds really, really good. Might have to steal that one. =D

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday because I absolutely LOVE baking. I spend all day baking pies and cookies, while my husband deals with the turkey. XD

Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - Cake Paper Party

That is one of my favorite cakes to make during Thanksgiving as well.

I'm a traditional kind of person when it comes to the actual meal. Turkey, stuffing (Which I have yet to make from scratch. :() mashed potatoes and gravy (Which I do make from scratch! Always use cornstarch, because flour makes it all lumpy.)

Desserts are really the only thing that I spend all day making. This year I'm making pumpkin pies from scratch. I did it a few years ago, but they didn't work out because some idiot drunk driver knocked out my power in the middle of baking them. :(

Reactions: Darker Than Grey
acransauce2.jpg

You take the can opener and you open the can and you turn the can upside down and you bang it on the plate and then you smash it with your fist and you got the turkey day trimmings.

Reactions: Minibit
acransauce2.jpg

You take the can opener and you open the can and you turn the can upside down and you bang it on the plate and then you smash it with your fist and you got the turkey day trimmings.
Gettin all gourmet up in here

Damn. That sounds really, really good. Might have to steal that one. =D

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday because I absolutely LOVE baking. I spend all day baking pies and cookies, while my husband deals with the turkey. XD

Red Velvet Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - Cake Paper Party

That is one of my favorite cakes to make during Thanksgiving as well.

I'm a traditional kind of person when it comes to the actual meal. Turkey, stuffing (Which I have yet to make from scratch. :() mashed potatoes and gravy (Which I do make from scratch! Always use cornstarch, because flour makes it all lumpy.)

Desserts are really the only thing that I spend all day making. This year I'm making pumpkin pies from scratch. I did it a few years ago, but they didn't work out because some idiot drunk driver knocked out my power in the middle of baking them. :(

This makes me hungry.

Well now I'm just reminded of how sad I'm gonna be seeing good ingredients go to waste on things like bread pudding or sweet potato casserole with marshmallow fluff. Hmm now that I think about it I know zip recipes for Thanksgiving, I'm usually not allowed in the kitchen for that. Probably because I keep advocating the idea of just going out to eat and letting the mooching masses (family) get their own damn food.

It's what it sounds like

Minus the cinnamon that sounds really good. I'm going to have to try and tweaked version of that some time.

Minus the cinnamon that sounds really good. I'm going to have to try and tweaked version of that some time.
Nutmeg or garlic or simple pepper work too!

I'll be sure to try those then, I was gonna try with some brown sugar instead but those sound tasty as well.
Brown sugar might be tricky because sugar burns so easily... You'd have to put it on near the end, which hampers the flavour cooking in. If you do try it let me know how it goes!

It's what it sounds like

Brussel Sprouts and Bacon bits fried together are lovely :D

Brown sugar might be tricky because sugar burns so easily... You'd have to put it on near the end, which hampers the flavour cooking in. If you do try it let me know how it goes!
If I do try I'll be sure to let you know, I think my grandmother may of tried something similar with a bacon dish but its been so long I forgot if she added the sugar in later or not.

My mouth is watering in anticipation of delicious turkey. O.O

This year my plan is to try and steal all the skin off the turkey before any one arrives. It'll most likely fail and I'll get stabbed a few times in the process but everyone needs goals. If I manage to confiscate any recipes I'll be sure to post them up as well.

Last edited:
Devilled eggs, man. Easy and delicious because they are EGGS stuffed with EGGS.

You can get fancy and add tuna or smoked salmon to the filling, or just keep it basic. YOU CANNOT FUCK THIS UP.

Unless you forget to add paprika at the end.

Then God help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.