Turf Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romani thought about it for a moment. "Well, you should definitely watch out for Mr. Hansen. We have co-ed gym so if he catches you staring anywhere near the girls, you are dead. Mrs. Kuzniki is harsh, but funny in English... Mrs. Pfiefer will have your head if you show up late to her math class... and Mr. Mahoney is a child molester." The girl smiled, as if none of this was out of the ordinary. Mr. Mahoney was the history teacher and was completely creepy.

"Oh alright." Andrew wasn't necessarily sure how to respond to this, but he accepted it. Based on what she told him there would be plenty of things for him to watch out for. "So, then I guess the days are long as hell and the lunch sucks right?" Andrew laughed to himself hoping she would actually agree with him. His other school was only alright, and he was thankful that he was able to move away from it.​

"And he nails it in the head!" Romani chuckled as she walked to the class. As she entered the class, the scent of dead animals assaulted her nose. Luckily she was used to it, but a human might be disgusted. They were dissecting worms. Why worms, she would never know. "Come on, I have no partner so you can be mine." She smiled as she dragged the boy over to their table and grabbed their things.

Andrew was happy that she was able to relate to him. He was about to continue asking questions until the smell wafted into his nostrils. "What is that smell?" He asked it politely but he was rather disgusted, he never really like the smell of dead animals. Sure Andrew had dissected animals before, but it wasn't his favorite thing to do. Art class was more up his alley, or anything other than ripping apart animals. "Sure I'll be your partner I guess." Andrew joked with Romai as they sat down, hopefully this class would be bearable.​

Romani giggled as she played with the worm before getting down to business and cutting through it, showing the different guts. She let Andrew pin the skin back and continued with the poking and prodding. She was thankful for the bell and quickly ran to get out of the class. She turned to Andrew. "So what's your next class, my good sir? I'll drop you off."

"I have English next." He started to walk on his own, it was hard but he was able to do it. Biology was alright, he was happy that he didn't have to make any incisions. He had his second period books with him so he could walk to his next class easily. Andrew looked at Romani and nodded. "So what class do you have next?"​

"Hm, I have a free period, but the English room is easy to find. It's right next to the library. Be careful though, that's geek territory, and you're only allowed in there with a pass from the teacher." Romani explained, leading Andrew to the room. Inside was a frail looking old woman who looked fairly kind writing various things on the board. "Good luck!" Romani was already half-way gone, almost afraid of the kindly old woman.

Andrew didn't understand what was wrong with Romai. Hopefully this teacher wasn't crazy and threw knives at children or something equally as scary. Andrew breathed in hard as he sat down. His back was really bruised, but at least he didn't have to walk around. One after another he pulled out his books and sat it on his desk. The day was continuing and hopefully he could make it to lunch.​

As the last few kids filtered in, a loud screeching was heard. Mrs. Kuzniki had dragged a nail down the board, causing the God-awful sound. "Good morning students! Glad to see you all stopped fighting for the moment. Now, let's all start by writing in our journals. Oh, you, new boy, what is your name? And I assume you need a journal. Here." The woman pulled out a journal with a unicorn on it. It was sparkly and looked like a little girl's dream journal.

Oh no, it was someone like her. She felt the need to control her students because of some hateful reasons. There were so many people like her, and so many people who didn't want to deal with her. Journalist was fine, he could bear that. Sadly, the humiliation wasn't going to make him any happier. "Oh, then I guess I'll decorate it to make it more my style." His sarcasm wasn't bitter, it was just annoyed.​

Mrs. Kuzniki smiled before getting back to her desk. The other males glared, their notebooks all worse with what seemed to be dresses, bras, and panties covering the covers with "I'm a pretty girl!" written on a few of them. The girls just giggled as the class wrote, dutifully following the teacher's instructions. What the wrote about, well who knew?

Andrew just wrote something down. Just pen on paper, not depth at all. He knew this class was going to make him have to take whippings. It was like he was a steer being driven by an irate farmer. He didn't care if the teacher like him or disliked him. At this point it was still his first day, and he had nothing to sweat. He kept scribbling in words to be able to fill the time. Hopefully class would be over soon.​

"Alright, time for you to share what you wrote." Mrs. Kuzniki smiled as she picked people to go up and start talking. Kids cussed, some nearly broke down crying, and even more were shaking. Mrs. Kuzniki was completely serious, looking at each of them. This was very different from most English classes. Especially with no teaching, only writing and reading deep secrets. One girl admitted she was pregnant.

What the hell kind of class was this? Isn't there laws protecting against things like this? "So is this class just to embarrass teens who already have a hard time trying to work hard for college, and possibly have secrets they want to keep?" He knew he spoke out of place, but if this were a more public school there would be law suits. At that moment he knew that there would be a fire to put out, and it would probably be his remains.​

"Ah, so the new cub doesn't understand." Mrs. Kuzniki stood up. "There are no secrets in a pack. What is said in this classroom, stays in this classroom. If I find something too terribly hard, my office is open and they are called after school. You also missed the cookies and punch by the door." She pointed to a small stand full of cups, cookies, and a punch bowl.

Andrew wasn't sure what to think. He was supposed to watch out for her. Was she a trap? "Uh, I'm sorry I'm just not used to people being so open. It's sort of odd to be honest." He was being honest, and hopefully this would be the last time. What was he supposed to do? He was trapped and had no where to go. This "pack" would be the end of him.​

"It's alright. You're new to the pack. Just never go outside at night, alright? Otherwise the wolves will get you." Mrs. Kuzniki smiled as she continued with the different kids before the bell rang. "Alright, leave your journals here. And next time, young cub, I would suggest writing something meaningful." Romani was at the door as soon as class ended.

"Well, how'd it go?" The girl asked.

Andrew nodded to the teacher as he left. It was odd, what was she talking about? He walked over to Romani, not even noticing that he was doing slightly better at walking. "It was interesting, you said I should be aware of her. She seems alright, but I'm not very sure." He paused to gather his thoughts. "What's this whole deal about going outside at night? Will I be murdered or something?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.