Tumbling Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
His eyes only stare into hers, wanting to explore as much as possible. Glancing down towards her hand, Ryan blinks rapidly for a moment, his face tightening. Normally girls weren't so ... touchy. He doesn't consider it a bad thing, no, not at all! But he is used to Milly and the way she handles him. If he starts to reach over, Milly might tense up or freeze, not making the extra step as Stacy is doing right now. Her hand -on- his. Her warmth radiating onto him. This felt nice and his smile shows his gratitude for her accepting him.

"I apologize for making you jump," Ryan grins a little, his smile still there, "but I thought we ought to talk face to face now that everything just needs ten or so minutes to cook. You have a timer on your microwave and I set it for..." she rests her head on his shoulder and now it's Ryan who starts to tense up. Be cool, be cool... the voice whispers in his ear, causing his shoulders to come down from their perch near his ears. Not finishing his sentence, Ryan continues to speak but this time its coated with a fruity voice, "I'm just thinking of how lucky I am, Stacy." Blinking again, he feels the tightness in his chest disappear. Compliment her, touch her... see how she reacts. Flatter her with your vocabulary and amaze her with your strength. C'mon, be the man -she- wants you to be.

Taking in a deep breath, Ryan inches his body closer to Stacy so she doesn't have to lean as far forward. "And because I am so lucky," he starts, his voice a bit deeper than usual as he whispers, "so honored to be living in your apartment for you saved me from the fate of a moldy hotel room. Even though I could always use some of my wilderness survival to live in the forest for a few weeks, I am forever indebted to you for your hospitality. I don't even want to think on what I could have been stuck with. An old crone who will try and turn me into a newt? Living in a cardboard box?" he looks down to their hands before bringing his eyes up to hers, "but instead I have a beautiful and generous woman who has given nothing but her heart. You're the one who makes this apartment complete. Your clothing always snags onto your curves at just the right angles. Your hair is always coiled in a bun, either sleek or flat, tall or short, you always look magnificent. And your eyes," his head turns to the side, hues locked on hers, "should I even begin on your eyes, Stacy?"

"I'm just thinking of how lucky I am, Stacy." At those words, Stacy listened more carefully, a bit surprised about his words - she hadn't been expecting this, whatever was coming next. She felt confused - why was he lucky? Soon, she got an answer to that, as he kept speaking, and his voice made her relax, she liked the way his voice sounded, and it made her smile slightly, letting herself lean towards him. As he looked into her eyes, she felt as if she was almost about to blush, especially when she heard what he was telling her, about what she looked like. She was surprised at how much it seemed like Ryan had picked up on what she was - or, looked - like, her curves, her hair, everything. Knowing that someone had actually paid some attention to it made her feel good about herself, and she smiled at him, determined not to look away, but as he mentioned her eyes, she couldn't keep herself from glancing down at their hands, his beautiful eyes being too much for her to handle.

"How can you see", she said, seeming almost a bit lost of all of what he had said, but smiling as she looked at his face again, "all of this... I thought that no one ever noticed such things", she said, gripping his hand tighter for a moment, before letting go and putting her arms around his neck, carefully touching his neck with her fingers. "You're wonderful", she said, her mouth close to his ear, wanting to give him the feeling she had gotten when he had spoken to her, somehow, but wasn't sure of how to do it. Her fingertips went along his jawline, down towards the front of his neck, her eyes following her fingers. "You're... different from what I thought...", she said thoughtfully, touching his collar-bone with her lips, gently kissing it, almost a bit hesitantly, but not wanting to come off as too decisive.

The man continues to shower her with more praise, even going so far to say to her that the best pleasure is from knowing his partners. His hand moves before his mind scolds him. The warmth settling on her thigh - if she allows it. Then she makes warm skid marks across his neck and jawline with her fingers, a kiss making his heart leap into his throat. For a few moments, his whole suave world fades. Blinking, his mouth half open, he tries and remember what he was saying but then he remembers she was speaking. But what about? His eyebrows knit themselves for a sharp second as he thinks back to her words.

"You're... different from what I thought..."

"But, Stacy, isn't the fun of life meeting men who aren't as you think they are? We're meant to be different and unique. Out of all the men in the world, right at this moment, would you rather be sitting at another table with bores or letting the world move underneath your feet in dance?" He gently makes her look at him. The man can finally breathe, her lips no longer making his heart jolt to opposite sides of his ribcage in a worried anticipation. So Ryan leans in, giving into the void of her beauty by slowly, slipping his soft lips along her neckline and fingers along her hip. He wants more of her sweet skin.

Before he kisses her lips, he pulls away, leaving her unsatisfied. His scent covers her visage yet leaves her lips a barren wasteland. The voice tells him that the best way to get a girl is to make her chase you - and so he does. Thus, looking into her eyes again, his hand stroking her hairline, Ryan asks her a simple question, "Am I a good sort of--" the alarm blares from the other room, making Ryan shake in shock beside Stacy, "... different." he nearly whispers, moving to check on his food

Last edited:
Listening to his words, Stacey smiles as he makes her look at him. She looks at his lips for a moment as they move, giving a sound to the words that are coming out from them. He's right, she thinks, it's fun to meet men who aren't what you think they are. Thinking about it, she realizes that she likes when there's a bit of surprise in life, she wouldn't like it to be the old same all the time. She knows that some others probably likes it that way, but she doesn't, she wants things to happen. Something like this, she thinks, her smile disappearing as he slips his fingers along her hip and his lips along her neckline. It feels good, she wants more of it, and almost looks surprised, maybe just confused, as he pulls away. What does he want? She listens to his words as if they're some kind of magical spell that will make everything perfect, if she's just able to answer it right, things will be perfect, but that time never comes as the alarm blares.

Hearing the end of Ryan's question but not being able to answer it, to be inerrupted by the alarm, is making Stacy feel a bit irritated. Why couldn't they have kept on? She knows it's good that he's checking on the food though, but still, she doesn't like to be interrupted like that. She thinks about his question as she looks towards the kitchen, waiting for him to come back. "Am I a good sort of... different." Yes, he is. She knows he is. After standing there for a few more seconds, thinking, she moves to the kitchen, wanting to see what he's up to, not wanting to be all alone. She leans against the wall, looking at him a bit eagerly, unsatisfied. "You are", she says, smiling slightly. "A good sort of different, I mean", she says, in case he doesn't understand what she's talking about as they were interrupted. It still bugs her.

"Come on, Ryan. Don't you want some more?" she asks, looking at him, trying not to show how eager she is. She wants to taste him, she wants to feel him, get to know him. Smiling, she lets her butt rest against the edge of the table, putting her hands on the edge, gripping it slightly. She lets herself lean backwards a little, her eyes watching him.

You've done well. Luring her like a dog to a treat. Keep this up, be mysterious. It's what she wants and you know it is. Ryan's inner voice would pat him on the back if it could. Pressing off the timer, the blaring fog horn finally being silenced. Humming to himself on his joyous victory, Ryan quickly adds the last few touches to their meals. A dash of salt or a herb on their chicken, straining the pasta and adding butter are just simple touches to make the final meal quite marvelous. It's a simple meal, broccoli rabe fried in oil and garlic, bowtie pasta along with a few breasts of chicken soaked in lemon. Bringing the platters to the table, Ryan throws the kitchen towel over his shoulder, much like a real chief would.

With the last platter in his hands, he turns around to find Stacy leaning back against the set table, her eyes giving away her zeal for the kiss he has lacked in giving. "Well, I am glad that you like what I have to offer. Being vanilla is not quite what I would say is flavorful. People need toppings like sprinkles, chocolate syrup, or chunks of cookie dough, before they can break down to the creamy center of their favorite ice cream." As he speaks, Ryan places the tray on the table, purposely reaching around Stacy to do it. Every fiber in his body wants to just attack her and smooth every inch of her mouth with long kisses. It has been a long time, a very long time, since he has felt such a smoothness against his own lips. Still, their contact doesn't last long, Ryan moving into the other room where the wine is kept and grabbing a bottle.

"As much as your offer delights me," he calls from the other room, the sound of glass being placed back onto the wooden rack, "I must say that a different sort of," Ryan starts to pour the wine into their glasses, pulling out her chair for her to sit when he is done, "different hunger may arise." Moving swiftly from the subject, he opens his palm out to the table, "Plus, wouldn't you want to eat while the food is still hot?" Placing the dry white on a coaster in the middle of the small table. Still, the man doesn't sit down but instead leans one hand on the table and one on the back of her chair, "Unless that isn't what you want..." he starts to change his mind, the boyish smile coming across his face as he leans closer to her, making her meet him half way.

Stacy listens to him as he speaks, following the motions of his lips, although she's still paying attention to what he's actually saying, as his words are delicate in her ears. She takes a look at the food, and is surprised at how good it looks. She hasn't been expecting something like this - she didn't know what to expect really, but this looks good, like he has actually put some effort in it. The thought of it makes her smile, even though Ryan is already out of the room, as she looks at the plates. She glances towards the other room where he is as he speaks, listening to his voice.

Ryan's right, she thinks, nodding as he speaks about the food, of course she'd like to eat it while it's still hot. Seeing how it looks like he's almost changing his mind as he leans closer to her, she smiles, not knowing what she wants, all of sudden. Glancing at the food, it reminds her of how delicious it looks, and what a shame it would be not to eat it while it's still hot. At the same time, tasting some of Ryan wouldn't be wrong, either, she thinks, looking at him.

"It's a hard choice", she says thoughtfully, looking at his lips, imagining her lips close to his. Looking at one of the plates, she reaches down and puts a piece of pasta in her mouth. "Why not both", she says, swallowing, smiling as she puts a piece of broccoli rabe in her mouth, letting some of it still lying on her lips. "Or is it too messy for you", she murmurs, kissing his lips carefully, letting the broccoli rabe slip into his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.