Trying to work on the skills

Huntress

Feeding the wolves, don't you know better?
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Mystery and Romance
Hey everyone! Huntress here!

So, let me give you the lowdown on this situation here.
My forte is not illustration but I've always enjoyed drawing sketching and doodling.
The reason I'm putting this up is because I'm trying to get back into the flow of doing art wherever and whenever I can.
I want to practice, maybe get better maybe not, I dunno, I'm stubborn so whatever happens happens, haha ANYWHO! I will be taking up to three commissions at a time because I am known to take forever and forget about art things.
I won't be offering anything extremely extravagant cause my skill level is rather basic IMO.
I also don't want to overwhelm myself with extremely complicated stuff until I am a little more comfortable with my skills.

My rules and requirements are as follows:

Reference image of who your character is based off of.
What is different from your character compared to the reference you've sent me (are there defining features, hair colour/style, eye colour/shape e.t.c).
How do you want the doodle posed (three quarters, profile, face on, sitting e.t.c).
Is there a specific expression you would like.

Chances of fully shaded/colour are slim, I will probably just do a set of flats for the sake of not leaving it grey-scale and bland

Please do not pester me about when it will be done, that'll only make me rush it and half ass it.

I will take one to three commissions at a time on a first come, first serve basis.
My style is my style, I will not draw to fit in another style, that's stressful.

And that's pretty much it.
I've stated 'art trade' because, if I doodle something for someone who can offer a trade of some sorts then I'm willing to discuss that. Whether it's BB Code help/templates, art, or whatever else.

Anyways, if you're interested, feel free to comment on the thread. I'll be making a list of commissions I'm working on/done and I'll have them at the bottom of this post here with a tag of who's character it is and a link to the final image.

Unfortunately I don't have many examples to share that are recent, but I'll have some stuff here so that y'all can get an idea of what you might be getting.

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to start doodling :)

sRN1Em4.jpg
7mBAhpO.jpg
tK7o7lC.jpg

SzhPqol.jpg
2Jqrb36.jpg

Da6KgqD.jpg
u2nzgnl.jpg

hO2ruL1.jpg
6fgfZ7S.jpg
PTH1zCD.png
KAgVRLv.jpg
BcH3lH6.png
PLEASE NOTE: I do intend to give you a final digital piece, I know a most of my examples are drawn traditionally but I will definitely be digitizing the sketch.

LIST:
@Adrian - Joan - PENCILS - LINES - FLATS - COMPLETED
xseW3fy.jpg
vUtDF2C.png
3jIpZrf.png

@Yonni - OC - LINES - FLATS - COMPLETED
o0dmM0x.png
HxWy6Gs.png
  1. OPEN
  2. OPEN
  3. OPEN

Last edited:
Hey! Let’s do an art trade, if you’re up for it.

Reference image: https://pin.it/sguphdwpbavxsq

This is exactly how I envision my character Joan so nothing needs to be changed. Though feel free to take some creative liberties with the pose. The model’s name is Vittoria Ceretti.

Let me know if you want to do this and if so, what you want me to draw for you. (:

@Adrian, I'm totally down for an art trade with you. So I'll do my best at giving your charrie a go. When I'm done, I'll send you info on an OC that you can draw for me if that's alright :)

Reactions: Ardent
@Adrian, I'm totally down for an art with you. So I'll do my best at giving your charrie a go. When I'm done, I'll send you info on an OC that you can draw for me if that's alright :)
Send away! :D

Hey @Adrian just posting a little update, I'm almost done with the pencil sketch, hoping to digitize it soon. If you have any sizes/formats you'd like the final in let me know :)

Reactions: Ardent
Hey @Adrian just posting a little update, I'm almost done with the pencil sketch, hoping to digitize it soon. If you have any sizes/formats you'd like the final in let me know :)

Awesome. :D I look forward to seeing it. Lemme know what you want done in return when you get the chance/an idea!

I've got a link on the lines up @Adrian have some struggles with the colours.

Flat colours for Joan are up @Adrian , I did my best. I was gonna try to do some value but I was failing horribly. Hope it's okay and thank you for allowing me to doodle your charrie.

Flat colours for Joan are up @Adrian , I did my best. I was gonna try to do some value but I was failing horribly. Hope it's okay and thank you for allowing me to doodle your charrie.

It looks super awesome! Thanks, man! Let me pay you back with my own art. Is there any character you want drawn?

I'll have to go through my roster and see who needs a doodle :D

I can DM you once I decide, is that cool?

I'll have to go through my roster and see who needs a doodle :D

I can DM you once I decide, is that cool?

Sounds good, man!

I'm open for some doodle's y'all. I look forward to working on some OC's :)

Just got a tablet for on the go work and some doodling, so I'm definitely looking to practice some art tings if people are interested in getting some shitty freebies, lol.

I'm down for an art trade! Also got a snazzy new tablet I'm always dying to whip out.
Please doodle this shitty boi.

And let me know which character you'd like doodled.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest @Yonni! I'll try to get on it ASAP.

Any preference or specifics on how you want the charrie drawn?

Thanks for the interest @Yonni! I'll try to get on it ASAP.

Any preference or specifics on how you want the charrie drawn?

None at all, go wild. I like your style, so it'll be interesting to see him in yours! He's a beastly boi.
(Don't forget to DM what you'd like so I can get started on mine. :cap:)

Got some lines up @Yonni, gonna work on the flats, I wanna get the skin pattern right.

@Yonni I finished the flats. As always, I tried to do some shading and all that sort of stuff but it looked rather shitty so I opted to not finish that and just put up the flats.

AHHHH I ADORE HIM, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You did him so well. <3 <3
And I'm sending you a post about my side of the trade.

I'll take any characters ya'll, give me all the ones you hate so that way it doesn't really matter when you get a trash doodle back! :D