Trying to Survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nodded pulling out the water and taking a swig before placing it back. I sat in the middle of the room, a door on each side of my. I looked over at Damon and noticed he wasn't asleep yet, I got a bite curious. "Damon...why are you in this all alone? Most people are holding out in groups..." I asked my head tilting slightly.

Damon looked back at Sorin, "At one point I was a part of a group, but we were either picked off or separated. Now I'm all that's left." It wasn't something he liked to remember, but he wasn't going to deny her answers, he had no reason to.

(I don't mind as long as Michael doesn't :D After he answers (if its a yes) Just jump in)

I gave a small nod, regretting asking a bit before turning my sights to the doors again. I heard a few small thuds, I quickly stood readying both my swords. The door was strong but I wasn't sure what was out there. I quickly looked putting my finger to my lips.

(Fine by me. Go ahead.)

Damon silently nodded, and began reaching for his crossbow before realizing that he never loaded it. He made a note to do that and instead reached for the machete.

I slowly went towards the door, the bumps continued for a moment but slowly you could hear them getting further and further away, seemed like whatever it was went away. I turned to Damon before plopping back down between the doors. "Whatever it was seems to have left, try to get some shut eye while you can" I insisted poking the carpeted floor wothe the tip of my sword.

Damon let out a breath in relief. He wasn't eager to get in a fight in this small space. He put the machete back, and lied back down. "Alright, don't stay up too late." It took a few minutes, but he eventually fell asleep.

I nodded prodding the carpet more the boredom each minute, till one of my swords tore a small hole in the rug and scratched the wood beneath. I let out a small huff and pokes another part of the floor till I left a hold and continued doing that for about half the night. I got up and knealed next to Damon, my eyes half open from sleepiness and poked him in the cheek with my index finger. "Wakey wakey wakey" I said my voice quiet as I did.

Damon groaned as he began to wake up. He cracked open his eyes and heard Sorin's voice and slowly figured out that it was his turn for watch. He pushed the hand away and began to sit up, "My turn already? "

I have a small sleepy nod before plopping down on the ground, my face in the carpet. "Iffs like twee aamm" I mumble through the fabric before folding my arms underneathe my head and closing my eyes. "Your turn" I say quietly with a yawn before closing my eyes.

Damon sighed as Sorin faceplanted into the carpet and seemed to pass out on the spot. He stood up and stretched, before picking up the blanket and draping it over her. He then moved to the center of the room and loaded his crossbow. After that, he didn't have anything else to do. He picked at the holes in the carpet, made new holes in the carpet, spent about an hour pacing back and forth, and most of the time in between was just staring into space. Finally, orange light began to creep in from beneath the doors. He went back to his sleeping comrade, "Sorin. Hey Sorin." He tapped her side a few times, "I think it's morning."

(Hope you don't mind I'm switching to 3rd person)

Sorin gave a groan lifting up from the comfortable napping place, "If this wasn't the apocolypse I'd ignore you and keep sleeping" She said with a small huff standing up and stretching before grabbing the blanket and packing it into her bag. She threw her bag over her shoulder and quickly glanced at Damon before sticking her ear to the door. Silence. "Ready?" She said quietly, keeping a listening ear on the metal door.

Damon went through his pack to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything before slinging on his back, "Ready to go."

She shoved the desk out of the way before slowly opening the door and peaking outside, "Where do you think we should go now?" She asked him pulling out the map for the both of them to read.

"We need to find some more water. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly have a large supply." He thought back to the two bottles of water. The military base Sorin pointed out was a good distance away, and they'd need more than that if they wanted to make it there.

She thought for a moment before pointing to a store on the map, "We could get some supplies there, plus its on the way to the base so it's not much out of the way, that sound okay?" She asked taking a look for north and south.

"Sounds good to me." He made sure that the bolt was secured in the crossbow, he didn't want it falling out when he needed to use it. "Quick breakfast before we go?" It'd been a day since he last ate, so he was kinda hungry.

I nodded my head reaching into my bag and handing him a protein bar before pulling another out for myself and eating it. It had been since the morning before that she had ate so she was hungry as well.

Damon took the bar and gave a quick "thanks" before eating the bar. It wasn't a great breakfast, but those were pretty rare to come by after the outbreak, and it was a lot better than the ration in his bag, that stuff tasted awful. He decided to ask about her, since she did the same ths previous night, "So why are you by yourself? Like you said, most people try to find a group."

She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, "I was kind of a loner before all this stuff happened, guess you could say that hasn't changed much" She gave a bit of an awkward laugh, "But I guess it's good to stick together in a situation like this, but the only groups I knew of believed the older people were useless and the women were just for repopulation, sad really, we were only one disaster away from everyone losing their damned minds and morals. Thats why I didn't join a group" She said remembering back to how she used to stalk around the group camps. They acted like animals, worse really, killing of the weak, raping the women, killing eachother just for the hell of it, it sickened her.

He kinda wished that he hadn't brought it up. The group he was in didn't work like that, but he knew it could've, a lot of the split ups that happened were caused by a difference in opinion. He sat in awkward silence until Sorin spoke again.

Status
Not open for further replies.