Trying to Survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave a small shrug pulling my sword back, hoping I'd make a nice clean cut I slashed through it's head, it continued to twitch another moment, its jaws still snapping before it went dead still. I turned and headed up the road again, this didn't faze me anymore but I guess you could say we at least put it out of it's misery. After a few minutes we got to the small row of stores, the hunting supply stor being dab in the middle.

Reactions: Michael Kokirin
Damon followed Sorin to the doors of the store and stopped, listening for any signs that someone or something was inside. When he didn't hear anything, he slowly opened the door for his companion.

I have a small nod of thanks going in cautiously, luckily it seemed the place had been abandoned, there were signs others had came here before us but most of what was missing was guns and ammunition. I pointed to the section of bows and arrows for Damon to see before I headed off to the blades section picking out a pair of short duel weilding swords for myself, still keeping an eye out for me and him. Once I got my new weapons secured on my back I found a blade sharpener and took it to both the new weapons and my dull sword, by the time I was done the edges couldn't be touched with a finger just lightly without blood being drawn. I walked back over to Damon, "While we're here we should get some body armor, just in case we aren't able to defend ourselves and zombie tries to bite us it'll lessen the chances of it's teeth actually breaking skin" I said, turning my head toward the section full of bullet proof things.

Damon walked over to the section with bows and arrows. It was missing a few things, bit otherwise untouched. Most of the bows had been broken, likely in people's looting and trampling, but he found a few crossbows of various sizes. However, the only bolts he could find that weren't broken only fit the smallest one, so he wouldn't be getting great range, but it was still better than a pistol. He grabbed all the bolts he could find, about 15, and slipped them into his bag. He was on his way out of the section when Sorin recommended that they get some body armor. "Probably a good idea, some gloves or something like that would probably be best."

I nodded plundering through what was left of the body armor things. I found some forearm armor, slipping one on each arm the hard material would be good to defend against a zombie bite. We've all seen it in the movies, guy tries to push zombie only for the zombie to bend his neck and bite the poor fellow leaving whatever side character it is doomed to be nothing but a memory. This made sure that that didn't happen to us.

Damon slipped on his own set of gauntlets. He didn't know why a hunting store had these, but he was pretty sure that they were for people who used actual bows, and didn't want the string snapping against their wrists. Now it'll keep a zombie from snapping into his. He turned to Sorin, "Should we look around a bit more or are we good to go?"

I thought for a moment. "I think we're good here, but there's a small market next store, think we should go gather some food? It'll be a bit of a risk but we'll need the supplies" I said peeking my head through the door seeing a few zombies down the street, but we could probably make it in and out of the market unnoticed.

Damon quickly thought of the supplies he had remaining: Two bottles of water and a set of rations he found. "Sounds like a good idea, but we'll need to be fast."

I nodded readying my freshly sharpened sword in each hand before heading out the door cautiously, I kept my eyes on the lumbering zombies only about 50 feet away. I glanced back to make sure Damon was following before I stealthily made my way down the street before slipping into the market doors, about 3 zombies inside I pointed a warning at my companion, his eyes lading on them, I started to sneak up behind the closest one before decapitating it in a hard swing.

It's expressionless head toppled to the floor as the body of the zombie slumped and fell. The sound brought the attention of the other two, so Damon wasted no time in readying the machete and sending it into the head of the second zombie. Unfortunately, he neglected to sharpen the blade while he was in the weapons store, so the machete became lodged in the zombie, and the third zombie began to shuffle toward him he tried to pull it out.

I watched Damon carefully, he was the closest to the zombies, I exoected its head would come off but instead his machete became lodged into it. I quickly rushed forward, "Hold on tight" I said loudly enough for him to hear before I kicked the zombie off Damons blade, my combat boot no doubt breaking a few ribs as it gurgled and fall. I sunk my sword into it's forehead quickly before turning my head to the other zombie that was quickly approaching. I stood in front of Damon who might as well had been defenseless against the close range attack, a bow for long range, and I decpitated the walked soon as it got within reach. I looked behind me at Damon, "You okay? From now on I got the arms reach zombies, you'll do better at long range attacks"

Damon nodded, "I'm fine, I'll let you handle the close ones." He went to the entrance to check on the horde. They were closer than before, but seemed to just be wandering around. They didn't look like they noticed anything. He went back to Sorin, "I'll see what I can find up here so I can keep an eye on our stalkers. See what you can find further back."

I nodded heading towards the back of the store, gathering what little bit of food and things were left, mostly canned goods which would last a while. I started towards Damon to see what he had, hopefully he'd found some good things as well, "Find anything worth carrying?" I asked in a light manner, looking around the messy and dark store.

Damon searched the front area of the store for a bit, but didn't find anything. He came across a locked door for employees, but couldn't do much without a key or time to find one. So he went back to the front doors empty handed. "A whole lot of nothing. I found a locked room, but we don't have time to get it open." He checked on the horde, they were much closer now, but still too far away to to take notice without a large sound. "If there's nothing else, then we should leave now."

I nodded stepping in front of him and out the door, keeping a close eyes on the mob of zombies that were much to close for comfort. My swords at the ready I snuck around the corner of the building out of sight from them before taking a fast pace down the alley towards the back of the store and down the back road before halting at a safe distance and speaking lowly, "The map showed a military base not far from here but we should find a place to sleep for the night, I don't wanna be wondering around at night" I said starting to look around the back side of the town building for a safe looking storage room.

Damon looked around for a safe shelter, "Sounds like a good idea." He noticed a shadow stumbling down from the direction they came from, soon followed by more shadows, "Sooner better than later. I think they noticed us."

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath before grabbing his hand and running into a back storage room of one of the buildings. The room was small, empty, a single metal door on each side of the room, luckily no windows. I locked the metal doors. "I don't think they seen us come in here but for safety measures we should block the doors" I say looking around the small room, a few desks, cabnets, canned goods. I grabbed the dge of one on the desks and started shoving it in from of a door.

Damon joined her in shoving the desk in front of the door, then moved onto the next desk. Soon they were out of desks, and one door needed still needed to be blocked, "What now? Do we just sit in front of the door?" He kept his voice down to a whisper incase the dead were close enough to hear.

I thought for a moment before shaking my head and sliding a cabnet in front of it. "That should be good enough, plus the doors are made of metal and dead bolted" I said reasssuringly before pulling a blanket out of my bag and handing it to Damon. "I'll take first watch, you try to get some sleep" I say taking a seat in the middle of the room, a door to both my left and right.

Damon took the blanket and laid it out near the cabinet. He then slipped off his bag and set it near Sorin, "There's a little water in there if you need it." He went back to the blanket and lied down, taking a bit of time before he fell asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.