Trump Rally Riot in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Violence is bad unless it's directed at someone I disagree with, then it's good."

"I'm proud of Chicago erupting into street fights over politics."

"If a person is fearful of their personal safety they should remain safe, except when that person is someone I dislike, then their just being a coward."

That's what you sound like.

@SacredWarrior

I have a dream that one day you'll be able to make a post without resorting to SJW paranoia.

I'm sure people will call me an ass and all, but I'll make this point before our censors lock this thread;

This stuff happens all the time, and the more you push against Trump supporters, the more they will push back. The more things like this happen, the more attention he gets, the more fuel his campaign gets. All the sensationalist resistance to the guy is just providing him with free propaganda material. You want to help stop the bigotry? Use facts, not insults. Explain in carefully worded statements what you believe is wrong about these stances and express your willingness to understand, get to the root of the issue.

Instead I see this, fighting fire with fire.

All that gets us is a bigger fire.

I didnt say anything about violence beimg bad? I think you are confusing my post with Scaredwarrior's?

I said it was meant to be a non violent protest, with the intention of interrupting Trump every time he spoke with Bernie chants. Trump left when the crowd started getting big, before any fighting broke out. A great leader will stand up to his opponents, even if he is afraid but not show it. I do not see Trump as a brave person. And after him jumping on stage and backing away while gripping onto secret service...it just does not look like a brave man, to me.

So...not sure how you got my encouraging violence? There is nothing wrong with wanting other states to gather and protest someone who is "smartly" using racism and hatred to win his campaign. Breaking out into fights, yeah that defeats the purpose however it was a few minor outbreaks that were quickly dealt with rather than a full blown riot. Omo

Ok, so maybe the wrong tone for me to start out there.

I highly suggest you take a deep breath, go outside for a second, and then read the rest of this. I'll attempt to be a reasonable as possible despite it being outside of my range for someone who just called me a lair and full of shit.

Good?

Ok.

Let's start at the top;

Maybe I'm wrong, but there have been people spouting Trump's ideals in the past. Every-time there is some massive movement against the guy, he only gains momentum. It's not about being silent, it's about being precise. Your post up there? That's an example of hot-headed reactionalism that will only fuel a greater divide between people. All the media coverage, all the offended millenials, all the fucking tweets. Your playing right into the dude's hands.

Correct, never said you didn't. But do we have a right to beat up anyone we disagree with? This isnt about protesting, this is about protesting intelligently.

Exactly! This is what the fucker wants! Can't you see that? This is giving him power, support. It's mobilizing all those people who never voted before. And by giving him violent protests, these people are eating out of Trumps hands.

Agreed once more! Its easy to find similarities when you slow down and read someone's post like this. But I also think that anything deserves to be protested against if you believe strongly enough. People are legitimately scared of Bernie and Clinton, and they should protest against them too. Should they main and insult supporters? No, I don't believe so.

Aaaand here's where you lose me. This topic isn't about me, and I'll do my best to keep any personal attacks out of this in respect for your opinion. I'm neutral, I have strong beliefs on both sides and I'm cursed with sympathy for right and left wing ideologies. You call it compliance, I call it cool-headed thinking and long-term resolution. To me, a negotiated solution is better that building up walls, creating rifts, and encouraging violence, at least when my own countrymen are concerned. It's great that your passionate, but those Trump supporters are passionate too.

Never said that, and if you read my post again, you'll see I encourage facts, and discourage insults. In a post above you just called Trump supporters "retarded." That sir, is an insult, and that gets us nowhere. Last year I had my standing on the Confederate Flag incident changed by someone here posting facts, not by all the people who called me a racist, ignorant, and uneducated. Show a human side to someone and you can hope they will show it back. If I made this post dedicated to calling you an asshole and belittling you, do you think either of us would make any ground in understanding each other and solving the problem?

Let's say Trump is an arsonist, his ideals are combustible and the heated rhetoric his supporters are using is causing it to light. Media, and heated reaction to those ideals only spreads the fire. Logic, understanding, and facts are what I consider to be the water where. But people opposing Trump, what are they doing? They throw insults at his supporters, they call them "retards." To me, that seems like fire with fire.

If there were open Trump supporters here, I'd have plenty to say. But this is not the kind of place you'll see them prosper. If you want me to express my concern for Trump supporters, give me a PM and I will gladly return it. But I wasnt adressing the Trump supporters there, I was addressing you. I don't see that as double-standards.

And there we are again. All I can say is that what I posted had nothing to do with fact, it was my opinion. Just as I never called any of your facts or opinions into question, (or at least I tried not too.) I'm just a veteran, college drop-out, and labor-worker, I'm likely not as educated or wordly as you, but I try my best to see all sides of the conflict. I have no bad blood towards you and I hope you can return the gesture.

I'll leave you with a picture of my puppy as a token of hopeful friendship.

JBtMw6c.jpg
63f8220b549de60308f444a487f9cdd8.gif

Ok maybe I shouldn't have gotten so heated but honestly this is really scaring me. If Trump does become president, we're in for a huge disaster and I like my life quite frankly. Plus I don't have the means to move to Canada or any other country

Kasich is my homeslice, but I know better than to dream of him making it.

I'm confident that President Clinton's term will be identical to Obama's.
I don't think Clinton's going to be it, but chances are the Democrats have the win. If Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are the best the Republicans have to offer us, than they need to do some major reflecting next election year.

I'm going to say what I've been saying all along; there are no winners this round. We're fucked if we do, fucked if we don't. The only difference is, if Trump manages to win, we'll be fucked up the ass with a splintered broomstick without the courtesy of even spit to make things a bit easier.

Nothing is going to truly change until we change Congress. The Senate and Representatives are the problems, and cleaning house is our only solution. But, no one seems to see that. They see one person, and refuse to look at the people who are chosen to represent them, the people that THEY put into office. People are blind to what goes on behind closed doors, because they want us to be blind. Why do you think they don't make dummy versions of bills they want to pass that everyone can understand? Because if everyone knew the full extent of each and every single law and bill that's passed, they would be pissed and vote those fuckers right out of their comfy little office in Washington.

What needs to happen is any sort of elected government official needs to be paid based off their constituents satisfaction rates. That will never happen, but I think it would change quite a bit if average Joe could knock a few dollars out of a politician's paycheck.

63f8220b549de60308f444a487f9cdd8.gif

Ok maybe I shouldn't have gotten so heated but honestly this is really scaring me. If Trump does become president, we're in for a huge disaster and I like my life quite frankly. Plus I don't have the means to move to Canada or any other country
Oh I get it, I'm very afraid as well. I have a DUI, I'm not even allowed into Canada. His supporters need to know what they're being led too. There are shitty people in his camp. But there are good ones too, great people who are being manipulated, misled, and frightened. I do what I can, I try talking to my family, to my co-workers, to explain to them that this guy is not the solution we want.

It's not much, but it's what I am able to do. And if 1 person stops voting for Trump because of me, it's a victory.

Reactions: Kagayours
Oh I get it, I'm very afraid as well. I have a DUI, I'm not even allowed into Canada. His supporters need to know what they're being led too. There are shitty people in his camp. But there are good ones too, great people who are being manipulated, misled, and frightened. I do what I can, I try talking to my family, to my co-workers, to explain to them that this guy is not the solution we want.

It's not much, but it's what I am able to do. And if 1 person stops voting for Trump because of me, it's a victory.
Wait you're not allowed into Canada because of a DUI? What the bloody fuck? Is that even legal?

Luckily I don't know a single person who supports Trump. Most of the people I know are Bernie supporters.

Lmao "show us your penis" omg
I'm going to go with John Oliver's opinion. It looks like a cheeto with the dust rubbed off.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid
I don't think Clinton's going to be it, but chances are the Democrats have the win. If Trump, Cruz, and Rubio are the best the Republicans have to offer us, than they need to do some major reflecting next election year.

I'm going to say what I've been saying all along; there are no winners this round. We're fucked if we do, fucked if we don't. The only difference is, if Trump manages to win, we'll be fucked up the ass with a splintered broomstick without the courtesy of even spit to make things a bit easier.

Nothing is going to truly change until we change Congress. The Senate and Representatives are the problems, and cleaning house is our only solution. But, no one seems to see that. They see one person, and refuse to look at the people who are chosen to represent them, the people that THEY put into office. People are blind to what goes on behind closed doors, because they want us to be blind. Why do you think they don't make dummy versions of bills they want to pass that everyone can understand? Because if everyone knew the full extent of each and every single law and bill that's passed, they would be pissed and vote those fuckers right out of their comfy little office in Washington.

What needs to happen is any sort of elected government official needs to be paid based off their constituents satisfaction rates. That will never happen, but I think it would change quite a bit if average Joe could knock a few dollars out of a politician's paycheck.
Why don't you run for President?

Why don't you run for President?
I'm the second most popular parent in my house. Pretty sure that's how it would work if I ran for President. Plus, I don't think you're allowed to have a functioning brain to run for President.

• Nice Execution!
I'm the second most popular parent in my house. Pretty sure that's how it would work if I ran for President. Plus, I don't think you're allowed to have a functioning brain to run for President.
Damn XD You that strict?

Yeah and you have to have a lot of money too. As well as be extremely old

Fuck me, I wish I didn't have work that night. I could have driven down to the city and passed out swastikas to Trump supporters. A good time could have been had. ._.

Also, I had a coworker go to the rally and she said there was barely any violence, people are just blowing it out of proportion 'cause LOL CHICAGO IS VIOLENT AREN'T WE CIVILIZED.

Seriously, fuck anybody who blames Chicago for shit like this. ಠ_ಠ

• Thank You
Damn XD You that strict?

Yeah and you have to have a lot of money too. As well as be extremely old
I'm not strict as much as sensible. My hubby and I lived apart for nearly a year when he started his job, so he's making up for all the spoiling he didn't get to do while the kids and I were in Florida. Plus, he's the one who makes the money, so naturally he bribes them. That's how it always works though. =/

One group of lunatics is starting a fight over a lunatic. People then cheer on the lunatics from either side, and forget the bigger picture. Nothing changes. Accusing one side of being worse than the other here is absurd. If anything this is going to give Trump victim fuel. The protestors are self defeating, they don't have a real long term objective, this is purely emotional.

The only real comment I have about this is that it's sad. It's really, really sad. This is how you kill a democracy, not improve it.

One group of lunatics is starting a fight over a lunatic. People then cheer on the lunatics from either side, and forget the bigger picture. Nothing changes. Accusing one side of being worse than the other here is absurd. If anything this is going to give Trump victim fuel. The protestors are self defeating, they don't have a real long term objective, this is purely emotional.

The only real comment I have about this is that it's sad. It's really, really sad. This is how you kill a democracy, not improve it.

That's what Trump supporters want. Trump Supporter Explains Why She Made Nazi Salute

They want the Republican party destroyed. That's the main reason why he has all those supporters. I don't understand how they think that's going to help anything, but whatever. Can't change a person's thoughts once their mind is made up.

I'm not even sure of what to do anymore. North Korea keeps making threats, Russia is forming alliances, China and India are suffering from overpopulation, Europe seems to be in a pretty bad spot, the Middle East is a warzone, the United States is sliding down further and further, and I'm not sure what's going on in Africa.

But still, it's certainly better than the bullshit mankind was stuck with way back when. Even if Donald Trump does get selected and does what he wants he'll only plunge the U.S. into a bad spot and people are going to get angry.

And as one man put it, you can't fool everyone all the time.

You decry sjw and their tactics but you cheer them on when used against someone you don't like? Hypocrite much?
Speaking out against someone and protesting them isn't silencing them. Know the difference. You can say what you want but we have the right to say something back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.