Truly terrifying, horrendous, petrify worthy horror RP?

Which one interests you more?

• IT

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • AHS

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
Ok, so I have two ideas that I wanted to run by for an interest check to see if people would be down for this sorrta thing. The first is an RP based off of Stephen King's IT Novel, set 27 years after the events of the end of the novel in which characters would be related to the characters that defeated Pennywise the clown once before. This would be very psychologically disturbing indeed with gore, and suggestive & mature themes. Even those who's never seen or read IT (under a rock much?) and would still like to be a part of the RP are more than welcome as the story would present itself throughout the RP.

img_4127-jpg.147381

The town of Derry. A town full of history both benevolent and grisly... More of the latter than any of the former could ever tell. A town shrouded by blood, secrets, and a dark and sinister horror that only could be conjured up in some scary novel... but to all inhabitants of Derry it was real. It, was very real. It's been 27 years since the murders and disappearances of some of Derry's citizens, a plague that has wrought the town literally throughout the course of its time. And now, for the first time in almost three decades, the ruminations of the lost Dark are beginning to resurface. Some old secret is back. And unbeknownst to a new modern world of technology and advancement, that ancient primal secret is so very hungry.

If you know the lore and history, you also know that I'm following the novel as the universe for the RP, as it comes every 27 years (1957 -> 1984 -> 2011) this would feature our characters as kids/young teens OR already as adults (18+ doesn't matter what age group) which will be determined by group vote. Pennywise the dancing clown is back, unknown to our characters, but this will FOR SURE be a gritty, gory, deep terror psychologically disturbing RP as Stephen King intended it to be. So adult themes and extreme violence is going to happen. I'm looking for people who will bring unique characters and individuality to the story who loves the horror genre a lot and enjoyed the books and or movies! So if you're down, respond asap because I plan on starting very soon! Obviously if you're afraid of clowns, get the hell out of Derry (this post).

img_4126-jpg.147380

And the second idea I had would be an original story but also based off the horror series American Horror Story. For this idea I wanted to create a fictional haunted town/city that would feature a tour site for people who wish to visit there. Many people come year round to the place to see what all the buzz is about, as the place has seen many disappearances and murders even over the past century or two. But strangely enough every year on June 6th at 7:06 AM all communications, signal, and contact with anyone inside the city goes dark, and when those that are sent to investigate go in, they find only remnants of the population that visited, with their entire items and belongings simply left behind. Our characters would be a group of friends voyaging on this infamous tour to the city to see what the fuss is about, not knowing that what was about to come upon them was something fear itself couldn't justify. This was something else entirely.

creepy-abandoned-cities.jpg

Timeo Town, USA.

Timeo is Latin for "To be afraid, be in fear."

1666, Winter. A group of Native wayfinders looking to establish trading routes with the English and French stumble across a land sacred and desolate. Native Americans paid homage to the land in which they thought it to have been "bathed in the spirits of the night". They would establish a settlement in this land, with the Chief being able to solely commune with said spirits. To this day, it is the shortest span of time for an official settlement to have ended/destroyed. That night the Chief came from his tent, eyes dark as night, and before whispering something to his people, he vanished. But something else was there and had taken his place. The next morning only belongings and artifacts of the old tribe remained. The same English settlers had come to the land and saw drawings and carvings of black eyes, and sinister sculpts into the dirt and trees. The next morning, The English were all vanished, leaving their horses and belongins behind. Then came The French....then The Spaniards...all vanished, leaving the last of their predecessors belongings with theirs. A lone word separated from all the drawings in one large tree: Timeo.

What has been the subject of debate, haunted shows and podcasts, and all the like from the paranormal community, none have been quite like Timeo Town, USA. Centuries of history, centuries of disappearances, and centuries of unexplained phenomena not capable of being reasoned by scientists or the public. As of 2017, the town has over 1000 total disappearances, and over 500 deaths related to the dangers of the fault lines, sinkholes, and unaccounted for areas in the place. So they say. In the recent decade, a private owner has buffed up security and maintenance on the small haunted city, now presenting it as a gem of horror to the world, attracting tourists, paranormal enthusiasts and experts, and even historians from all around. But one thing remains that has been consistent that has remained literally every single year of occurrence since paranormal activity has been tracked since the early 1900's: On June the 6th, at 7:06 AM, the entire city experiences a blackout of power, communication, and function, with at least a few to several people becoming missing, or even dead. Local law enforcement explains they people panic from the terror of the event and up and abruptly leave, which is why the left belongings are there, and that some run into faulty earth cracks and sinkholes that plague the city which results in accidental deaths, but there are some in the paranormal community that faces it as something much more malevolent than Mother Nature. Pure, unbridled, evil.

June 6th comes once again and our characters would be a group of friends (or paranormal / history figures) that come to tour the most evil place on Earth. Not knowing that they will be faced with the terror that fear can truly be, in a threat of death and a facing of horror that no book or movie could ever do justice.

If anyone is interested in either of these simply reply me or Vote on the poll! Any ideas or certain characters to add to this you're welcome to as well! AGAIN this is not for the feint of heart, and will be very disturbing in terms of gore and horror.

giphy.webp

Paint me interested for anything involving IT ! 8) Love me a spooky clown

• Love
Reactions: OppositeInverse