Troublemakers (School RP with a twist)

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by BubbleTea, Jul 24, 2013.

1. The Story: This boarding school was created as an experiment. It enrolls two types of students: the perfect honor roll students who always raise their hand and the obnoxious gum-smacking troublemaker that blurts out inappropriate comments the entire class period. Roosevelt Boarding School only accepts the best students and the worst. Why do students even choose to come here? For the deal. The good students are offered scholarships and any financial support needed for them to go onto college...under one condition: students must tutor and room with the educationally-challenged teenage criminals until Graduation Day. What's in it for the troublemakers? They get a clean slate, and every single bad thing on their records get burned IF they make nothing below a C in any class and as long as they don't drop out.

The sole purpose of this entire idea of a school is to show how having to socialize with your complete opposite can either benefit you to thinking differently or completely change you. Both love a challenge, but will they be able to put aside their differences to receive their rewards?

The Roles:
    (Your character should be new to the school. For example, you can be a freshman or a sophomore/junior/senior transfer.)
    Delinquents-

Role:
    Name:
    What kind of trouble have they gotten into?:
    Tutor (ask the rp-er first to have their character tutor yours):
    Personality/Bio:
    Description/Picture (real; no anime):
    Elective:
    Other:
    Timezone (optional):

Scholars-
    Role:
    Name:
    Tutoring:
    Personality/Bio:

Electives:
    Other:
    Timezone (optional):

#1 BubbleTea, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  2. The Rules:

1. Follow basic forum rules. (No god-modding, no one-liners, etc.)
    2. Cussing is allowed, but don't do it in every sentence.
    3. I don't really care if you can't write multi-paragraph posts, just a small paragraph is fine.
    4. Don't apply if you're not going to post in the IC. Be active. If you aren't, I'll PM you about it, and if you still do not post, I'll have to kick you out.
    5. Troublemakers cannot get too out of hand because there are officers on campus at all times and strict punishments. Three strikes, and you're kicked out of the school.
    6. Have fun! Don't be afraid to start fights between the delinquents and scholars and stuff like that. It'll make the rp more interesting. c:

FAQ:

1. I will assign who's rooming with who. You choose who you will tutor/who you want to be your tutor.
    2. The IC will be up when there are even amounts of guys/girls and scholars/delinquents.
    3. DISCLAIMER: This isn't my original rp idea, but I have asked the creator if I could use this on another site.
    4. Delinquents are required to take the core classes (Math, English, History, Science), P.E., and an elective of their own (Music, Art, Drama).
      Honor students take higher level core classes (AP English, Calculus, AP European History, etc.), P.E.OR an elective, and are allotted a study hall.

3. Role: Delinquent
    Name: Violet Acer
    Year: Freshman
    What kind of trouble have they gotten into?: She's graffitied walls, knocked students unconscious, and burned school textbooks. She's also blackmailed teachers.
    Tutor (ask the rp-er first to have their character tutor yours): She doesn't care. (Is this okay?)
    Personality/Bio: Being as independent and threatening as she is, she is surprisingly shy. She does not approach those she just met, and usually 'studies' people to pick out those she believes will be hardest to pick on. She is very guarded and doesn't reveal anything about her history or how she feels, and she never accepts a friend. She grew up as an only child, and was not very much appreciated at home, so she doesn't get along very well with other students. With her troubled past, also comes an dim future. She loves to build, but does not like the work that comes with it. One of her teachers told her she should be an architect, but she has never worked for it.
    Violet (open)
    [​IMG]

Elective: Drama
    Other: She has a journal that keeps all of her feelings, it is under her pillow. She never tells anyone anything. EVER.
    Timezone (optional): Eastern Time Zone

Is she okay?

4. Yes! Accepted. ^^

5. Role: Scholar
    Name: Ambridge Decker
    Year: Freshman
    Tutoring: Could tutor Violet if she says its okay, or anyone else who wants too? (Eek!)
    Personality/Bio: Ambridge grew up in a moderately poor family where their greatest possessions were books. Her father was an author, and taught her how to read and write at a young age. She cherished this skill. She then taught her younger brother with severe dyslexia how to read, and he now enjoys it and finds it much less challenging. Ambridge has always been excellent in every scholarly subject available to her, especially science and arithmetic. She fears situations that demand social interactions with unfamiliar people, but figures it's worth it to enroll in this school if she get's into a prestigious college without her straining father having to pay a dime.
    [​IMG]

Electives: Art
    Timezone (optional): Pacific Time Zone

#6 Imagination, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. Violet's okay with that. =) Beware though..she might hurt the texbooks X)

7. Awesome! If BubbleTea accepts my application, then Ambridge can tutor Violet! :D

8. Hey guys - I would like to join in this RP too. I was in a rush and deleted my previous hello but didn't mean to. But! I'll get a character sheet in and hopefully it will be accepted.

9. Hello there! I hope BubbleTea accepts me as well! >.^

10. Hello to you as well, how are you doing? Hopefully if more people join, they'll stick around!

11. I'm doing splendidly.. how are you?
    What should we do if BubbleTea does not return to Iwaku? That happens sometimes.. teehee...

12. That's great to hear! I am doing very well, thanks, just got back from a friend's party where I spent most of the evening playing the dreaded game of volleyball (that one sport that just doesn't do it for me)

If BubbleTea doesn't return then I guess we should see if anyone else wants to pop in and then -start- it? I would wait a week or even two personally, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind starting up asap. The last thing I want is the loss of interest! And I'll have to get to my character sheet tomorrow evening - I didn't realize it was so late.

13. Well at least you got to spend the night with your friends! (:

14. Of course! I had fun even though its really not my thing. And yes, you're correct, t's the being with friends is what matters in the end!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Indeed! Although I'm not much of a volleyball person either! xD

Anyways~ On the topic of BubbleTea's return.. I'd like to wait two weeks for her, because it's polite and all.. but her idea is so completely fabulous I'm extremely eager to begin! Ahhh

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. I agree Imagination!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Name:

Robin Butler (Age 17)

Year:

Sophomore (Transfer from Coalbrook HS)

What kind of trouble have they gotten into?:

Drug use / dealing, violent fights, detention, flirtation with female teachers and coaxing male teachers for fun and for academic favors with test grades - extra points on tests and quizzes or the answers in advance (he'll sell 'em too for the right price)

Tutor (ask the rp-er first to have their character tutor yours):

Fine with anyone - even a study group!

Personality/Bio:

Even though Robin is a smart student but his snarky comments and lack of ambition cause his downfall academically. While others study and work hard, Robin just frankly doesn't care and assumes his life just all around won't get better from here. In his eyes, it doesn't matter if he has a college degree or even a high school diploma - he believes he'll be dead before he reaches 25! It's not much of a surprise seeing that his parents are always fighting, whether his dad is sober or not, that he is normally the one to egg someone on until they throw the first punch. His chatty flirtatious side is well known but within an instant, that smile of his can be wiped clean off of his face. His temper is easily simmered with his love for football, the running the wide receiver makes him feel free and untouched by the trouble of the world.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Elective: ((I'm going to let BubbleTea place Robin in an elective since he won't chose one himself))

Timezone (optional): Eastern Time Zone

#20 Vacyr, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013