Troopers In Armor: Vampire Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like me to copy and paste it, or is it cool if I just leave it where it is and we can just all know I'm taking her?

You can just say you've taken her, it's fine ^_^

And with that, Zersephine is mine :3
Name: Joseph Lancaster
Species: Human
Position: Soldier
Appearance:
sci fi soldier.jpg
Around 5'11" and 180 lbs, Joe isn't the biggest of soldiers, but is versatile and tenacious enough to make up for it. He suffers a slight limp, favoring his right leg, from old war injuries, and has a few jagged scars on his knee and thigh to show for it but it hasn't slowed him down.
Weapon: Human battle rifle is his go to weapon, but if need be he's also precise enough to use a Sniper rifle.
Armor: Standard
Background: Joe was born on Titan, and at first had little experience with the Vampire Virus, as it was called, beyond the general fear and panic of not getting infected by your neighbors. His parents tried to shield him and his younger brother from it, not wanting their children to grow up afraid of the world around them, and hoping that they would be okay even though they were hardly even middle class, economically. Their efforts failed when their mother caught the virus from a workmate and tried to hide. Everything went to hell when she tried to eat her own husband.
Joe, at a tender ten years old, witnessed his mother attacking his father, grabbed his younger brother, Luther, and ran away without so much as his shoes to take with him. He and Luther were wards of the state, and Joe took care of them both until they day Luther got caught in the draft. Like the good big brother he was, Joe followed his brother into war, to keep him safe, and did just that until the day Luther, as a scout, was caught away from their squad and overwhelmed. By the time the others caught up, it was too late, Joe couldn't have stood by and watched as the younger man was forcibly turned into a monster - he refused to let his brother go through that. So when Luther's eyes turned black and pleading, Joe was forced to put a bullet through his own brother's head.
Even though everything was crumbling around him, life went on, and so did the war. Zersephine, he met in combat. Joe had enough experience to know that Zerath's were vulnerable in close combat, even with armor, and saved her by quite literally throwing himself into the fight and keeping the attackers at bay until she could gather her wits about her and use her telekinesis properly again. From that point, they stuck close to each other, kindred spirits even if they hadn't quite spoken all the details of their pasts to each other. They knew enough, and they worked well together, Joe always ready to look for Zersephine for what to do, and carrying out the orders as any soldier should.
And Joe was a good soldier; the things that kept him back from higher ranks were his sometimes hotheaded and reckless nature - having thrown himself and sometimes others into dangerous situations in order to save other soldiers or civilians others thought of as just the usual colateral damage, more than once - and his tendency to look to Zersephine for orders rather than his actual commanding officer. He was 'just an average Joe', Zersephine liked to say, in the rare times she tried to make human jokes - it was about as good as such attempts ever got, so Joe tried to smile for her when he could smile for nothing else anymore. But Joe's superiors knew he was useful, experienced, and more determined and invested in the war than most, and it's what's kept him around and gotten him the hard assignments others aren't so eager to take. Fighting back against the intangible thing that took his family away is the only thing he knows how to do anymore. War is all he has left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maddeline
@Verona
So Corbin and Joseph grew up on Titan. That's cool.
I can already make the subplots in my head.

Accepted of course!

^_^

Yay! \(^-^)/ I'll see if I can get a post thrown up before I leave for bed, but I'll leave it a bit open-ended so if I can't come back when other people do it won't cause much trouble

Luckily for you, most people have their characters separated right not.

To bring you up to speed, the characters are supposed to meet in Corbin's room ready for battle.

I went ahead and read through before I made the bio :) I'll post soon, then it's off to bed for me, so goodnight!

WIP

Name:

Grayson "Cold Blooded" Carver

Species:
Human
Position:
Recon
Appearance:

Nuclear-Snail-Studios-Post-Apocalyptic-soldier-armour-LARP-outfit-Fallout-Resistance-Fighter.png

6'1
Blue Eyes
Right arm wrapped in barbed wire tattoo
Scar on the left side of his neck

Weapon:
Primary Weapon is a Human Battle Rifle, with a silencer attachment and holo-sight.
Secondary is a High Powered Revolver that fires incendiary rounds. Slow reload and fire rate is made up for by firepower.

Armor:
Arctic Special Forces
large.jpg

Background:

Raised by a poor family on Titan, Grayson's mother and father died when he was 16, due to them both overdosing. Left with two older brothers and his younger sister, both his brothers enlisted in TIA. Staying home with his sister, he was forced too provide for her doing whatever he could for cash. A common way to earn money was too work as a body guard for lots of high end celebrities, and a few dangerous criminals. One night the infection got too his sister, and forced too kill her himself. The next few weeks he lived in sorrow and grief, but soon he pushed through his broken heart and joined TIA too get back on the infected.

For the few years working under TIA, Grayson earned the nickname Cold Blooded, due too him going out of the way too destroy any infected he saw, and if possible did it in the most gruesome way possible.

@Maddeline et al: As far as the "Brahl is not at the briefing" issue, you realize his player isn't online right now, right? Probably he won't reply until the am.

Yes, I do realize this. But the situation ended openly with him putting his hands up, so that means he's in a stand off currently while the others were "loosely" briefed.
I figure we can wait until he gets on and whoever is online at the time can have their character discover the situation or it's aftermath.

So I've read up on the first post and a few other player bios, but I haven't looked at the IC thread yet. I was wondering about the Zerath lifespans and average height, they look pretty tall to me. The telekinesis would best match being a scientist/engineer, giving my character a prowess over that of a humans.

I know I said I don't normally join in alien roleplays, but really it's because they are rarely well thought out, this one seems like a fair bit of effort went into universe building, so I'm game, just need a wee bit more info.

I'll read the IC thread in the morning, it's late right now.

@Squee

Height- between 5-9 feet, lifespan is around double that of a humans century lifespan due to better maintained cellular structure (with artificial help) and advanced medicines.

Brilliant, I should have a character ready today if all goes well. But first, coffee...

Name: Quavesatskelech Gardenina (Nicknamed Steve)
Species: Zerath
Position: Engineer
Appearance: Standing at 7'8", Steve is much taller than humans. Despite his height, he does not look very menacing, mostly due to the fragile appearance of his muscles, as he uses telekinesis to do most of the manual labor.
humanoid_alien_440.jpg

Weapon: Zerath Tesla Carbine
Armor: Steve had created his own armor based off the design humans had come up with. He will not take credit for coming up with the whole design, however he is quite proud of his modifications. Currently this suit of armor is technically still in the development phase, however it is very near completion and is suitable for the job. This suit is meant to be a mobile and agile suit, allowing the wearer (Zerath only) to keep their dexterity.
sci_fi_armor_by_x_ste_x-d6h6z06.jpg
sci_fi_armor_by_x_ste_x-d6bsmzc.jpg
Background: Quavesatskelech was born in the colony of Ottowock. As most of his species, he was very intelligent, however he had chosen to dedicate much more time to his studies. He was most interested in engineering, as without engineers, science was just talk. While he hasn't lost any family or friends to the infection, once the threat started to near, he joined the human forces. During his training, due to the difficulty people had pronouncing the name Quavesatskelech, when he offered to take a nickname, they affectionately called him Steve. Though he didn't mind much, he still introduces himself as Quavesatskelech but offers the alternative as well. Due to his high skill in engineering and his knowledge of the world of physics, Quavesatskelech was quickly put into military action as a hardware developer and repairer. Due to his talents and his telekinesis helping his job, he is also available for field work. His duties in the field inspired him to create a new suit specifically for people of his role, however he has yet to create other species counter parts.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Sorry about the detour with Brahl. I just wanted to spice things up a bit. *smiles guiltily* I felt that if we all just rushed into the briefing room, it would make the story seem a bit linear. You know? Go here, go there, do this, do that and all that jazz.

I usually like to make my characters feel a bit out of sync with the others. It feels more realistic to me and makes the individual stand out. I'm sorry if I'm holding up plot development by doing so. I'll hurry things along if that would make everyone feel better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.