FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Week days I work from 6pm - 11pm and weekends are unpredictable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I'll play them all if I like the plot but I go for mainly fantasy and magical. I like anything that wouldn't happen to you in everyday life. I mean if you can live it why role play it.

A new year arrives, along with fresh new faces of surgical interns and surgical nurses. Welcome to Seattle's Trinity Vale Hospital, a top of the line teaching hospital known for teaching and holding some of the best surgeons in the nation. However everything may not be as it seems with all the competition to the top of this surgical food chain. Trust, passion, love friendship and betrayal are only the beginning of trying to make a name for yourself. Once you walk though those doors only time will tell how things end up.

Surgical Chief stands before a group of his fellow workers. "Today, is like any other day. Most of us have seen it before and most of us have personally delt with it before. So be on your A game today folks, for in any minute we will have a new batch of Surgical Interns walking though those doors. They know who they are a signed to and will come to find you if you don't find them first. So get to your stations and have a great day." He says a top the straits. Everyone desperate.

Doctor Dimitri Kazee was one of the first to vanish from the group. It was actually a rather rare treat that he'd teach anyone not a fellow. However his father, who owns the hospital told him to give it a try. Dimitri was a fit young man, one of the most experienced and highly recommend in the country even at the age of 30. He had beautiful long black hair and piercing Hazel eyes. If he had spent most of his life like a normal human being he might have been the popular guy girls fan girls about, not that they already didn't do so. Hopefully he wouldn't want to strangle one of the interns. Once they arrived he explained everything that was needed, like they would watch, listen and do as told. Also he explained how the first day they would stay at the hospital 24 hours. Today he also had a few residents in his services today.

Characters:

Dimitrius Kazee
Head of Neuro/Attending
@PhantomThief715

Gayle Svendensen
General/Fellow
@Custodiet Teh

Violet Silvers
Pediatrics/Resident
@IceQueen

Melody Rose Avery
Head of OB-GYN/Attending
@Princess Poisoned Rose

Drew Avery Kato
Pediatrics/Intern

@[SIZE=4]ᗰᗩᖇI✺ᑎETTE[/SIZE]

Everleigh Hana Grace
General/Resident
@CrookedAngel

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Dr. Gayle Svendensen

BREET BREET BREET BREET

Gayle snaps her eyes open as the alarm echoed through both the apartment and her skull. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she lurches up to shut her old alarm clock off. She'd had the stupid piece of plastic for nearly a decade now but it never failed to wake her up. Something about the sharp electronic bleating just sent jolts of electricity down her spine.

After disabling the alarm, she fell back to her pillow to ready her mind for the day. She'd enjoyed a couple of glasses of a red she'd been saving in preparation for this day. The official first day with the new Interns. Her very first cycle with having to work outside the comfort zone she'd established over the last few months working at Trinity Vale.

After having taken the offer of a contract at the Teaching Hospital, Gayle was well aware she'd actually have to teach at some point. That point was due to arrive sometime after the new Interns were accepted. So instead of proceeding with her groundbreaking catalog of Virology, Gayle was to be teaching children how to insert a catheter or how an ACE inhibitor isn't an option for patients with renal failure.

But that was the deal she'd made. Months of hiding in her lab and pulling a hefty paycheck were now the salad days and life was going to change all over again.

Gayle sat up, running hands down her body to stretch out before reaching her thigh. A finger gently traces under the curve of the tip of her missing limb, yanking back as chills ran down her spine. No point into getting back into all that now.

Sliding her good leg out and off the edge of the bed while she fished out her cane and hobbled over to get ready for work.

Not bothering with a coat or even scrubs, Gayle opted for a combination of comfort and style. Her wardrobe was sparse but expensive. The latter being something she wished to get across to people as a first impression.

Black trousers, Dark blue button down, leather flats and a bit heavier on her mostly naturally done makeup just to cut a stunning figure. First impressions indeed. The only thing that irritated her, just slightly, was the annoying line in her pants where her prosthetic was held in place. Nobody ever noticed but it still annoyed her.

Cane over her shoulder, she stepped out of her downtown apartment and in a brief amount of time, stepped into Trinity Vale. The almost ostentatious watch on her wrist let her know there was enough time to pick up her coffee before the meeting she was in so many words, required, to be at.

What wasn't defined was how close she had to be to the meeting. Barely within hearing range as the surgical chief began his rant. As soon as he'd finished, Gayle began to wander off, the only person matching her in this retreat being Dr. Kazee. At least someone else in the hospital might have their senses intact by the end of the day.

• Love
The shrill page of her work phone woke the brunette from her rather peaceful sleep that she was having. Being on call was probably the roughest thing in the world. Reaching over she smacked the phone in an annoyed manner. The woman set up running a hand through her hair before throwing it up in a ponytail. This morning it was new interns and possible new residents for her as well. She gave a stretch of her body. The woman grabbed her hospital badge from the table her work phone resided and clipped it to her pink scrubs, the name Dr. Melody Avery with her picture resided on the badge.

Mels shook her body out before heading out into the main area. She walked into the group of people and spotted Dimitri among the crowd. She had met him early this month when she had been given the tour of her new wing of the hospital. She still could never get over the rush she felt when it came to working in her specialty. She didn't bother with a white lab coat like most of her fellow attendings because usually, she was elbows deep in work, both literally and figuratively.

Mels watched as two of her colleagues retreated to safer places were as Mels, started to bark out names that were on her list and watched as the children in her eyes scrambled to her, "I have 5 rules, and I expect you to memorize them all. Rule one, don't bother sucking up, I already vastly dislike you and that is not going to change. Rule two, the nurses will page you and you will run and I mean sprint down these halls until you reach where you have been paged to. Rule three, you first shift is 36 hours you are grunts and the bottom of the surgical food chain, you will do scut and anything I can not manage to get to and you will not complain. Rule four, if I am sleeping do not wake me unless my patient is in a critical situation ie dying. The patient better not be dead when I get there and not only will you have in my case killed two patients but you will have woken me for no reason." She pulled out her phone when it buzzed against her.

"My last rule you will move when I move and if you lose me tough shit." Mels said over her shoulder as she headed towards her part of the hospital all her interns in tow like little ducks.

• Love
Vio was finally ready for her first day as resident. She had gotten up slightly early that morning to double check that everything was in place for the first day. Unlike last year she wasn't trying to be the perfect student. Her hair was back in its usual braids, a cup of coffee in her hand, a pager and some pens and other things to get her through the day. She was as ready as she ever would be.

Wandering into the hospital, Vio looked at the chief as he made his opening speech before wandering out to the open. She had opted for a little cat sticking out of her pocket as she wandered into the hospital. After a few good mornings to her usual colleagues Vio was off towards pediatrics for the morning.

Everything was doing good so far. Vio hadn't run into any barking but she did pass an OBI on call. Giving a small nod of acknowledgement, Vio wandered over to the pediatric wing to get her assignment for the day.

@Princess Poisoned Rose

• Love
[BG=Black]

0358bba93fe7b4397c0679f35222d8be.png

[bg=black][bg=transparent; transparent; pointer-events:none]
5764_DBE1_82_A3_4_F16_AB19_014_AE3957_D21.jpg
[/bg][/bg]
[bg=black]

Not a ray of sunlight could be seen. The birds were all still asleep, as was the sun. The moon still glowed brightly in the dark sky above littered in tiny twinkling lights that shone from galaxies away. The soft moon glow seeped in through the uncovered window casting its light on the empty bed that was neatly made up.

Steam and artificial light danced from beneath the bathroom door as the moonlight accentuated the dancing grey vapor. Scalding hot water fell from the shower head turning the young woman's skin a bright red. She wanted that warmth of the water to last seeing that she knew what destiny awaited her a few mere hours ahead.

As the last suds of shampoo waltzed down the drain with the beating water, the woman turned off the water and stepped out of her shower. She quickly dried herself off then wrapped the plush lavender towel around her body. The woman padded over to the sink as water droplets rolled down her neck from her still wet hair.

She reached for her toothbrush and immediately began brushing her teeth. 2 minutes later, her teeth were white and clean. Her eyes peered into the mirror carefully observing her reflection. A sigh escaped her pink lips as she took note of the fact that she was overdue for her monthly haircut. The woman turned away from the mirror and grabbed her hand towel on her way out the door.

As soon as the door creaked open, the yellow tinted glow of the bathroom light and the leftover steam from her show, quickly escaped into the bedroom. The woman clicked off the bathroom light and walked over to her bed. She plopped down on the mattress and began to rub her towel across her raven locks.

Once she felt her hair was dry enough, the woman stood once more and removed her towel from around her. She folded her damp towels and placed them at the foot of her bed as she strolled over to her closet. Cool air sent a shiver down her spine as she grabbed her nicely ironed scrubs out of the wardrobe. The woman looked at the blue uniform as she placed it out on her bed only to go off to her dresser searching for her matching undergarments for the day.

It wasn't long until she was dressed and almost ready to go. Grey eyes stared fiercely with great concentration as she sat deciding on what accessories she should wear for her first day as an intern.

Sure she didn't know whether she'd get the chance to work with kids yet or not, but she still wanted to dress up for the fun of it all. She had decided on a simple theme for her first day. She had her Stitch gloves and headband set laid next to her blue Stitch hat on her bed as she sat cross-cross apple sauce on her top of her comforter, deciding on which on she should wear.

'Hmmm....maybe since I don't know where I'll be assigned to I'll just wear my Stitch hat for now and I can pack my headband and gloves in my backpack. So that way if I do get to start in Pediatrics, then I can always change.'

Figuring out her ultimatum, she got right to it, placing her Stitch set into her backpack alongside with a couple of binders, pens, pencils, and a large memo pad for the day. She zipped up the bag, placed the blue hat on top of her head then walked back over to her closet. She had just grabbed her trainers when the alarm on her phone went off alerting her that she had 30 minutes to get to her first bus stop.

Hearing this, Drew quickly slipped on her trainers, grabbed her backpack, slid her phone into her pocket, and raced out of her bedroom. She grabbed her keys and a honey oats granola bar on her way out the door. It wasn't long until Drew was racing down the stairs of her apartment building getting her morning exercise in before she gets to work. Once outside the building, Drew began her commute to work.

A 15 minute walk, 9 minute wait, 25 minute ride, 5 minute sprint to another stop, a 15 minute ride, and another 5 minute walk later, Drew had arrived at Trinity Vale Hospital. She checked the time and saw that she was rather early for orientation. So she took that chance to finally eat her granola bar then find the intern call room where she'd receive her pager, what department she's assigned to, and who she'd be working under.

Drew took a seat on a bench outside the hospital and ate her granola bar in 5 minutes only to waste an additional 5 just relaxing before the stress of her internship began.

The woman was extremely excited to be on her way to becoming a pediatrician, but she also knew that a rocky path laid ahead. She slapped both of her cheeks to help her forget about any negative thoughts that had wandered into her mind. A smile danced across her face as her dimples prominently showed upon her face,

"Alright...Lets do this!"

She cheered gaining a few strange looks from passerby's, to which she ignored as she jumped to her feet and practically skipped her way inside the building.

Drew's internship has officially begun! She had her pager, she was assigned to Neurology, and she'd be working under Dr. Kazee for the week. Along her way of searching for him she overheard the sharp voice of a woman barking out her list of rules to other new interns. The frigid tone of the woman's voice made Drew only hope that the Dr. she'd be working under would be at least tolerable so she wouldn't have to worry about her tongue lashing back out at them. She continued walking until she reached her final destination making it just in time to hear the Dr.'s instructions.

Drew jotted down notes on what he was saying in order for her to make sure she didn't forget anything. She was ready to get started with her day and learn whatever she could.

[/bg]
1349e80cf6d4ef3c15cba7d8adc9ce63.png
[/bg][/bg]
[Bg=black]

Dimitri Kazee - Neuro. Station - @PhantomThief715

[/bg]

★To open this accordion to my post, please click on Drew's picture. Then to see interactions please click on interactions. Thank you.★

[/BG]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Today was gonna be a very long day. Dimitri sucks in a deep breath as interns and residents alike wonder into his services. Once everyone was gathered he begins. "I'm Dr. Dimitrius Kazee, Nero Head and Plastics Attending, I am skilled in both fields and people come from all over to see me for both. I have rules. One I do not repeat myself. Two, use your common sense, you have it for a reason. Three, if I am sleeping my patient better be dying, if not don't wake me." He says to everyone "At this hospital we keep track of patients using tablets, everyone gets their own, it can only be used in the hospital and for medical things. Scans and other information on a patient will be sent to you though here. Also you can only review what is sent to you, meaning you can't look up a patient's scans or what every else if they are not your patient. So yes, you can only see what is sent to you."

Dimitri says passing the tablets out to the interns. "You will use these for as long as your here, you can decorate the clear case over them to make them your own but that is it. Also please do not break them." He adds walking down a hall.

Dimitri is a tall, toned and had dark hair and hazel eyes. He's a bit of a looker and the whole lab coat and scrubs only serves him more justice. He tapped away on his tablet as he read what needed on his patient, sending her infor to Everton on his service today. Roxanne Soywer. A woman who had acid thrown at her face only days before her wedding day. Dr. Kazee has been working on her face for about 3 years now, and this would be her last reconstruction. Her next vist will be a simple check up. "Quickly scan over this. She is our first patient of the day." He says.

Everleigh Hana Grace
-OB Ward-
@Princess Poisoned Rose
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evie sat patiently at the nurse's station, watching as Dr. Melody Avery had passed by her with the new squad of goons. She grinned and flipped the pen in her hands. The same speech, every year. What a hardass. She couldn't wait to hear what nicknames they gave her this year.

It was her first year here as a resident, and although the internship was rough, nothing ever deterred her from focusing on her main goal, saving lives. It's funny, she never bothered to make any friends. You'd think after spending so much time in close quarters with the same people, you'd atleast bother to learn their names. But no, Evie was far more occupied with making sure that she was at the top of her lists in what she needed to do. This was a difficult program to get into and even harder to achieve proficient marks in.

But she did it, she noticed that she was twisting the bracelet on her wrist from her little sister. 'Don't worry Allie, I'll prove to you we aren't our parents.' Catching a whiff of really strong coffee, she whipped her head to the right, noticing the nurse next to her had a huge cup. "Hmm...not a bad idea" Evie got up and looked at Dr. Avery, who was still harassing her new ducklings. 'Yeah, she's going to need one' Evie then took off to the cafeteria and got two black coffees, a few creamers and a few packets of sugar, then made it back to the desk and continued to wait, taking a moment to write Dr. Avery's name on the other cup of coffee while she sipped hers.

Out of the corner of Mel's eye, she caught Vio's nod and gave one back with a slight smirk. She passed right by the nurse's station where she grabbed tablets, "All of my patients' info is stored in these tablets, they get updated hourly and new patients are always being added." She was walking forward and without looking back, "Eve's you are with me today, let's show these newbies how its done shall we?" She headed forward and two a right and then a left before entering the room. "Alright guys, this is Marissa Carrington and her husband, James Carrington. She has been hospital bound since around 24 weeks where she went into premature labor. We manage to stop that and she is currently sitting at 36 weeks along, however in the times since she has had 5 seizures with no explanation." She walked over to the woman lying in the bed.
"Hey Marrissa how are you feeling today?" She smiled at the woman while taking her hand. The woman looked up at her, "Anxious, I have been in this bed far too long." Marissa said with a weak laugh. Mels looked up at everyone in the room, "I have since paged for Dr. Kazee for a consult to see if we can figure out this problem. Any questions?"
@PhantomThief715 @CrookedAngel

• Bucket of Rainbows
Dimitri was on his way to see Roxanne when his pager goes off. He quickly pulls it out of his pocket. He was getting a page from Mel, head of OB. He took a deep breath. He had five interns just like most of the other attendings. "Okay, so I have to go. Two of you will check up on my other post ops. The other two will prep any I have for surgery. And one of you will come with me. I do not care who does what just see to it that it's done. And if you don't know what to do ask the nurses." He explains.

Dimitri makes his way to OB Ward and find Dr. Avery. He quickly read over the patients file and soon entered the room. "Hello Mrs. Carrington, I'm Dr. Kazee. I've heard you been having seizures with no explanation. Hopefully I can be the one to figure this out." He smiles at her. "All of your regular numbers seem to be stable for now which is good. I'm gonna have these interns prep your for a CT while Dr. Avery and myself go over a few things. If that is alright with you."

Upon getting the go ahead he escorts Mel out if the room. "Okay, hit me with all the information you have on this. She is pregnant which you already know, so we have to take more causing then normal. So lay it on me Mel." He says as the two bargain to walk towards the CT.

@Princess Poisoned Rose

[BG=Black]

[/bg][/bg]
[bg=black]

Whispers among the women and some of the men in her group began as the man continued his introduction. 'He's so hot!' 'Look at his eyes...I can stare at them all day.' 'I know right. They're like a pretty honey hue.' 'No way! They're totally green!' 'I just wanna get my hands on him.' 'Do you think he's single?' 'I don't know. He doesn't have a ring though'

The gossip didn't seem to end. It continued to buzz and swirl throughout the area, despite this, her silver orbs continued to remain focused on the man. Words continued to splash themselves across the yellow hued paper, and although the chatter was a bit distracting, she was determined to pay attention.

The gossip didn't stop until the man stepped forward and began to pass out tablets to them all. As soon as the man finished passing them all out, the whispers erupted once more.

Thoughts danced around her mind beginning to make it a bit hard to concentrate, but she managed to shake it off temporarily. Her eyes scanned over the information about Ms. Sawyer. Once she was done and the man had begun to lead the way to the patients room, she quickly followed only to quickly come to a stop as the man had, causing her to stumble back into another intern.

"Sorry!"

She quickly apologized as the other woman smiled politely and reassured her that it was ok. A small soft smile appeared on Drew's face in return before the quick decisions had to be made. After Dr. Kazee had quickly mentioned the change in plans, the others had begun arguing over who would go with the Dr. Meanwhile Drew simply acted and quickly walked behind the doctor easily keeping up with his long strides.

She struggled when it came to sharp turns around the corners of the hospital corridors, but she managed to stay on her feet the whole way and only bumped into one nurse, to whom she quickly apologized to with a slight bow before speedily catching up with Dr. Kazee. She was relieved when they had finally arrived to the patient's room.

Grey pools scanned the room. Only to abruptly stop on the very same woman she saw earlier who spoke with a tone as cold as the arctic. A small chill traveled down her spine before she shook off her thoughts and returned her attention to Dr. Kazee. Since she hadn't received any information about this new patient on her tablet, she decided that it'd be best to just listen carefully, and when she gets the opportunity then she could ask about the patient.

She stood beside some of her fellow interns a smiled at a few in greeting before returning her attention back to the situation at hand. She flipped to a clean page in the memo and slipped a pen out of her pocket ready to take notes. She merely caught the woman's last name and that she's been having non-explanatory seizures. Being able to put two and two together, she also noted that the woman was pregnant. She also wrote that her vitals appeared to be normal. Once she saw Dr. Kazee getting ready to slip out the room she was right behind him.

As he finished his sentence she promptly excused herself,

"Um...excuse me, sorry for interrupting. Dr. Kazee, I'm Drew Kato and I'm the intern who decided to tag along. May I see the patient's scan as well? Or can you forward it to me? "

She asked walking briskly to keep up.

[/bg]
[/bg][/bg]
[Bg=black]

Dimitri Kazee - Attending to Patient: Marissa Carrington - @PhantomThief715

Melody Rose Avery - Attending to Patient: Marissa Carrington - @Princess Poisoned Rose

[/bg]

★To open this accordion to my post, please click on Drew's picture. Then to see interactions please click on interactions. Thank you.★

[/BG]​

Mel looked up as Dimitri entered the room and gave a soft smile, before she turned to her interns, "Alright, you three are rounding on all my post-ops and checking in on some of my pre-ops as well. You two are with me, Dr. Kazee, and his intern. You are with us as well Eve. I need someone I know to help me keep these newbies in line. Stay in here with them." She looked as Dimitri and followed him out of the room and started towards CT.

She was just about to speak when a voice interrupted her. She looked down at the girl, "Everyone on this team is getting a copy of the scans, you don't need to ask for them." She said as nicely as possible. She turned her attention back to Dimitri, "Well she was admitted about 10 weeks ago due to early labor symptoms which led to her hospitalization because that was when she had her first seizure. Of course, I ruled out pre-eclampsia as the cause because her blood pressure was fine and her urine output had no proteins."She said softly as they walked together

"She never had any seizure before. I have been following her pregnancy closely because she had fertility problems and this was an in-vitro fertilization." When she finished her explanation she felt her phone/pager vibrate. She checked it and began to race back down the hall to Marissa's room where she was having another seizure and it appeared vastly more intense than her others. She just made it into the room and she could hear the bed raddling profusely as the woman seized.

@PhantomThief715 @CrookedAngel ᗰᗩᖇI✺ᑎETTE

• Love
Dr. Kazee listened as he followed next to her. It was when her pager went of that the two started running back to the room. "Get her on her side." Dimitri calls out as they get to her bed side "Get him out of the room." He tells a nurse for the sudden panicking husband. Once they got her on her side they waited the seize out. When it finally ended he lays her back down on her back and pulls up the railings. "We need to get that CT and MRI now before she starts again so let's go." He says pulling out her bed from the wall.

A few minutes later Dimitri was looking at the scans. "Well that explains it." He says pointing it out to Mel. "I think even you should be able to tell that, it's a tumor." Dimitri continues to look at it thinking a moment. "Astrocytoma." He starts "I can remove the tumor though she'd have to go in for radiation afterwards to stop it's growth. Radiation could have an effect on the unborn child. That's your field Mel so I'll leave that part to you. What are your thoughts?"

Dimitri turns to his intern. "Well, I do hope your taking note as to what's going on." He explains to her. "Tell me Dr. Kato, what are some other ways to go about thid?" He asks her to simply see if she knew anything about what they were talking about.

@Princess Poisoned Rose

• Love
Everleigh Hana Grace
-OB Ward-
@Princess Poisoned Rose
@PhantomThief715
________________________________________________________________________________________

Everything had happened so fast, Evie's hands were working as quick as she could..

One moment she was nodding to Dr. Avery and Dr. Kazee, a bright smile on her face. She Stared at the interns as the doctors left the room, hoping to make them nervous. "So, Which one of you was in the top of your class?" She watched as one of them raised their hand. She nodded to the intern "What is your best guess then?" The intern stammered, babbling about some diagnosis that was completely off base. "You" She whipped her head, pointing at a different intern" The intern looked starry eyed and pointed to themselves. "Go get me a tablet please" The intern spun around, booked it to the nurses station and came back with the piece of equipment, handing it to her with shaky hands. She smiled as she took and started fiddling with it.

Tapping on the piece of glass quietly as the interns spoke quietly to the patient. She kept one ear out for them but she took this opportunity to study the chart, waiting for the docs to come back. "CRAP!" one of the interns yelled, stepping back from the bed and throwing their hands up. The patients eyes had started to roll back in her head. "PAGE THEM BOTH NOW!" Evie yelled to the interns, who looked absolutely terrified. The nurse in the hall however, heard her yell but not what about. The husband had started to grab at his wife, trying to help with good intentions. Evie fiddled to shoo him away.

"Yes Dr. Grace?" The nurse stepped in, pushing interns out of the way "Page Avery and Kazee now, Misty!" She spoke, her voice still loud but her tone was nicer. Misty ran to the desk and began to run the page. A few moments later, Kazee and Mel were in the room, helping Evie take care of the patient and put her on her side until the seizure stopped. Evie then walked with the docs to CT and MRI. She leaned against the wall, waiting for the docs patiently. She smirked at Dr. Kazee as he asked Dr. Kato a question. Poor rookie, she stepped forward, peering over Dr. Avery's shoulder at the scans. Oh boy...a tumor...just what this lady needed.

• Love
[BG=Black]

[/bg][/bg]
[bg=black]

Drew smiled at the woman, nodded and thanked her before simply fading into the background once more. She fell back into her pattern of observing again as she waited for the information to arrive on her tablet. Her hand scribbled down Dr. Avery's description of the woman's symptoms. It was merely moments later that both of the doctors took off down the hall darting all the way back to the room. Drew took that as a sign to run too. She arrived back at the room just as Dr. Kazee began barking orders, to which the Doctors and a pretty woman with blonde hair room jumped to action. Drew watched, a bit in awe, as they quickly rolled the woman on her side and placed pillows behind her back to help support the patient.

Once the seizure died out, the raven haired intern quickly followed behind the doctors and the blonde as the nurses rolled the patient out of the room and down the hall. As she quickly followed, she took time to read over the patient scans to get a better understanding of the woman. She took note of how many weeks along the woman was as well as how frequent the seizures had been occurring.

Once the scans came out and Dr. Kazee made his diagnosis, he turned to Dr. Avery for her opinion. As Drew continued to scribble down notes, Dr. Kazee had finally addressed her to which she initially responded with,

"Huh?"

She immediately regretted it and wanted to do nothing more but pull her Stitch hat down over her face and disappear. She quickly corrected herself,

"Sorry...um.."

She began before giving a better response,

"Yes I have been taking notes Dr. Kazee. Since she's 36 weeks along either she can be given anti-seizure medication and give the child more time to develop. Or she can have a premature birth since the baby is in a later preterm. With the first option the rate in which the tumor is growing and the stage of cancer she has are pretty big factors because it places the patients life in jeopardy as well as adding the risk of birth defects...meanwhile the second option would allow her to undergo treatment sooner and it'd eliminate the risk of anything happening to the child while inside the patients womb if she were to undergo another seizure prior to beginning the medication, as well as eliminate the risk of birth defects from taking the anti seizure meds..."

She stated fluidly hoping it'd make up for her initial reaction. She wasn't expecting for him to ask her a question, let alone address her at all seeing how it was the first time he personally acknowledged her presence. She just hoped she wouldn't make an even bigger fool out of herself than she initially had.

[/bg]
[/bg][/bg]
[Bg=black]

Dimitri Kazee - Attending to Patient: Marissa Carrington - @PhantomThief715

Melody Rose Avery - Attending to Patient: Marissa Carrington - @Princess Poisoned Rose

Everleigh Hana Grace - Attending to Patient: Marrissa Carrington - @CrookedAngel

[/bg]

[/BG]​

• Love
Reactions: CrookedAngel
Mel had seen the tumor just as Dimitri did. She shoved his should playfully at his sarcastic comment about the tumor. "Well of course you dolt. I did do my rounds as an intern I know what it is. It had to be rapid growth because this is her scan from four weeks ago." She reached pulled out her tablet and pulled up the scans for him to see. "There was nothing there and the seizures just kept going. Hence why I pulled you in on a consult on this."
She crossed her arms and looked up at the body of Marissa in the room on the other side of the glass. She looked back at Dimitri, "Cesarian might be the best option that way we can put her under directly after her child is out. Its the safest and best course of action here." She said after Drew had given her thoughts on the procedures. "That last seizure was the worst one I have seen. If she has another one it could dramatically harm the child and her." She picked up her tablet from the table where Dimitri had sat it back down after looking at her scans from a month ago. "Time to tell Marissa and James." She started to head out before turning and looking back at Dimitri and Drew, "When this intern rotation is over I want Drew, so far she is the most capable and seems to be the only one with a brain as of right now." She gave a smirk as she started back to the room were Marissa was being wheeled back into.

Dimitri who listened but kept looking at her scans nods. "Lets get her in the OR. Right away, we don't need her having another seizure." He says before finally figuring out how he'd get to it. Brain surgery was one of the most risky since even the slightest mishap can cause serious damage. Glancing over he tells a nurse to prep the OR. The nurse nods dialing the number for thw OR. Once they where all back into the room Dimitri stands at the foot of the bed ready to talk when needed but would let Mel do most of the talking since it was her patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.