FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Week days I work from 6pm - 11pm and weekends are unpredictable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I'll play them all if I like the plot but I go for mainly fantasy and magical. I like anything that wouldn't happen to you in everyday life. I mean if you can live it why role play it.

A new year arrives, along with fresh new faces of surgical interns and surgical nurses. Welcome to Seattle's Trinity Vale Hospital, a top of the line teaching hospital known for teaching and holding some of the best surgeons in the nation. However everything may not be as it seems with all the competition to the top of this surgical food chain. Trust, passion, love friendship and betrayal are only the beginning of trying to make a name for yourself. Once you walk though those doors only time will tell how things end up.

Characters:

Dimitrius Kazee
Head of Neuro/Attending
@PhantomThief715

Gayle Svendensen
General/Fellow
@Custodiet Teh

Violet Silvers
Pediatrics/Resident
@IceQueen

Melody Rose Avery
Head of OB-GYN/Attending
@Princess Poisoned Rose

Drew Avery Kato
Pediatrics/Intern

@[SIZE=4]ᗰᗩᖇI✺ᑎETTE[/SIZE]

Everleigh Hana Grace
General/Resident
@CrookedAngel

Okay so this randomness came to mind while watching Grey's Anatomy and House. So those are my inspirations. And don't worry if you don't know all the surgical terms or treatments googling and looking them up is fine. Please for everyone else, do explain what it is somewhere in your posts even if it's in a spoiler.

Note their will be more interns then anything else.
Say their are 10 people. 5 will be interns, 3 residents, 1 fellow and 1 Attending. That 1 attending could have all 9 on his/her serves for that day.
Also if I do not get a head for the Deperment you will not be able to pick it as a speciality.

Specialities/Head of Departments:

•Cardiac:
•General:
•Neuro:
Dimitrius Kazee
•Orthopedics:
•OB/GYN:
Melody Rose Avery
•Pediatric:

•Plastic:
•Trama:

Rankings:

Interns
After completing medical school, the doctor completes their first year of post-medical school training. This year is referred to as the intern year. The intern does not have the right to practice unsupervised medicine, and must practice within the confines of the training program in which they are enrolled.

Residents
Residency follows the intern year. At this point, when the internship year has been completed and a third level exam has been passed, the physician may practice as a general practitioner. While practicing independently is possible, the vast majority of physicians choose to pursue a residency for further training. Residency can range from an additional two years of education to an additional seven years of training, depending on the specialty. For example, a family practice residency would be two years of residency while a surgery residency may last five, seven or more years.

Fellows
A fellow is a physician who has completed their residency and elects to complete further training in a specialty.

Attendings
An attending physician has completed their training and is practicing independently in their chosen specialty. This term is typically used at teaching facilities to differentiate fully credentialed senior level physicians from junior physicians who are still completing their higher education. In the hierarchy of physicians, the attending is at the top under only the physicians who run the hospital itself, while the medical student is at the bottom.

Uniform Link vvvv
OPEN SIGNUPS - INFO DUMP - Trinity Vale Hospital (oc)

Generally most people graduate college at age 22 and medical school at 26. Then after 3 years of internship and residency, many physicians begin their career at age 29. However, the training for some specialties can last until the physician's early to mid 30's.

Specialty:
Character Name:
Alias:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height:
Hair:
Eyes:
Distinguishing Marks:
General Appearance:
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Aspirations:
Inabilities:
Fears:
General Personality:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Before/ Present Life:

Oh guys also tag those who are related to your posts. If you mention them in anyways tag them. Also if I don't respond feel free to PM or tag me. The notifications can be all weird. So if someone doesn't respond just PM them if tagging doesn't work.

Attachments

• pixlr_20170916200131665_20170916200313906.jpg
    pixlr_20170916200131665_20170916200313906.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Specialty: Nero/Plastic
Character Name: Dimitrius Kazee
Alias:
Ethnicity: Itialian/Spaniard American
Sexuality: Straight

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 6'5
Hair: Raven
Eyes: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks:
simple-tattoos-06.jpg This tattoo is dedicated too his little sister, an amazing artist.

General Appearance:
20170916_221523.jpg
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Purpose: To finish his research.

Aspirations: To find a medical enwonderment and go down in history.
Inabilities:

Fears: Failure, his father, heights,

General Personality:
Dimitrius comes across as cold and only cares about his work. However he's not that bad of a person, he's kind, stubborn and one of the biggest mysteries.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Most of his life the boy would spend studying, his family owners of many hospitals and some of the leading doctors in the world expected nothing less of him. Growing up he had a little sister, Lizzy. Lizzy and him where very close and when she passed away and he couldn't save her it crushed him. The effect was alot more on him then anyone would have thought. Because if her he strived harder at his work and even got a tattoo on his arm in her memory.

Before/ Present Life:
Dimitrius comes from a long line of surgeons and hospital owners. His family has some of the most prestigious doctors in the world. At a young age he'd been pushed into being a surgeon only really getting the choose as of which field he'd go into. Being the boy prodigy he was Dimitrius finished med school when most where finishing high school. By the time his residency was done he'd easily shot up being the best in the field he'd choosen, Neuro and Plastic. Before the age of 26 he'd already been dubed top best in the country and won many awards and started his own surgical trial. Currently he is working with a few others on a clinical trial. Most who dont know him tend to think hes a mean old man that hates teaching due to the rumors told about him. However things tend to change when people relies how young he really is.

Last edited:
Ooo I am intrigued

Reactions: PhantomThief715
Super interested, I'll throw a concept up.

maturea.png

Dr. Gayle Svendensen

Specialty: General (Epidemiology & IDS)
Character Name: Gayle Svendensen
Alias: Ahab
Ethnicity: Danish/Chinese
Sexuality: Heterosexual

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5' 8"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing Marks: Prosthetic right leg (Above the knee)

General Appearance:

Born as a product of emerging Globalism at the dawn of the 21st century to a Danish father and Chinese mother, Let it be said that at least this cultural combination resulted in a striking collection of features.

A strong, almost harsh Dane look sculpted through centuries of seafaring and war are softened by the evidence of eastern heritage, the gentle epicanthic fold of her eyes, the silkiness of her hair and all harsh featured edges softened down. If not for her mothers absolute ban on any and all modeling or acting career paths, her future could have been a bright one lighting up the covers of magazines.

Unfortunately, in her 16th year, a car accident involving prototype self driving car, Gayle was critically injured and lost the majority of her right leg. Severed just above the knee, doctors did their best but the limb could not be saved.

More: Fluent in Danish, Chinese (Mandarin) and currently attempting to master English beyond a simple level.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To gather data and information through treating patients and active research programs at Trinity Vale as well as to support a taste in the expensive lifestyle and make rent month to month.

Aspirations: Catalog and build her own complete pathology database and to translate it into global shorthand for the world to use free of charge, maybe winning fame and fortune in the process.

Inabilities: Aloof, Angry, Obsessive, Overly specialized, issues with contractions and Socially manipulative.

Fears: Helminthophobia and minor Aquaphobia

General Personality:

If a precariously contained volcanic eruption could be embodied in an individual, it would be Gayle Svendensen. A growing rage at the world held in place firmly by a solidly cool exterior, reinforced by a sense of duty to her field and vented through dedication to her work. Gayle is supremely self confident and assured in herself at the same time trusting others very little.

While not at all truly unhappy, this ire is a source of personal discourse that causes a great deal of anxiety to people near her, leading others to avoid or to become instantly involved with her in attempts to 'soothe' out her negative waves.

A general loner, her work demeanor is focused and with patients generally cold and a tad harsh. However, she is not socially inept and understands societal obligations and the value of building working relationships. A few friendships have developed, strained at most times, but honest and true friendships nonetheless.

Never having 'blown up' at anyone, Gayle deals with her anger through expense and living a lifestyle she cannot afford. Obsessive about the state of her dwelling, Gayle has a bent for sharp modern luxury and often has very little pocket money as a result but her home is a picture of cleanliness and organization.

Gayle has very little time for conventional constraints and following procedure she herself deems either outdated or outrageous. To her, her own experience and practices are often the most logically sound and she'll stick to those over established guidelines.

A great portion of her life's energy is centered on her mangum opus, developing a comprehensive collection of nearly all pathogens and diseases and cataloging them in her own words and terms. To the point where this activity rules her general direction in life and little can dissuade her from chasing down even the most obscure diseases to research and catalog.

Overall, Gayle is an individual of great passions that generally don't align with the world at large. Channeling this frustration into outlets has left a being that somehow feels detached from the rest of society and seems unwilling to deviate from her own path, wether or not that path leads to salvation or destruction.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:

Graduating from the University of Copenhagen second in her class led Gayle into the world of Medicine with a fair amount of esteem. Her early years focused on more technical work, in and out of labs, than they did with actual interaction with patients.

At thirty years of age she began her Residency with an emphasis on virulent dieseases and became a fairly well known Epidemologist. Playing a key role in the ablation of several outbreaks across Europe, this gained her the invitation for an extended fellowship at Trinity Vale.

The caveat to this negotiated position being that while able to research and catalog pathogens with little restriction, she'd be required to attend to and treat patients as well being there first hand to assist in diagnostics for the Hospital.

With the promise of a heavily needed paycheck and the ability to work in the US essentially free of oversight, Gayle agreed and has since been on staff at Trinity Vale for the last few months.

Before/ Present Life:

As a child, Gayle was surprisingly similar to how she is now. The accident at age 16 changing very little in her life other than emphasizing the need for a career path beyond the physical attributes of her body.

Raising herself mostly alone in Copenhagen as her homelife after the death of her mother changed drastically. Her Father, a chemical engineer, was either focused on his work and lengthy months at sea or focused deep in the bottle when he was home.

Graduating from college and moving on was her own victory, not shared with her deteriorating father who died alone months after Gayle moved out.

After accepting her position in Seattle, Gayle has set up her new home in a pricey high rise in the Downtown near the somewhat embarrassingly comfortable Chinatown district and Pioneer square.

Last edited:
Well it be usefully it I actually watched my own thread xD sorry for not replying till now xD.

maturea.png

Dr. Gayle Svendensen

Specialty: Epidiemology & IDS
Character Name: Gayle Svendensen
Alias: Captain Ahab
Ethnicity: Denmark/Chinese
Sexuality: Heterosexual

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5' 8"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing Marks: Prosthetic right leg (Above the knee)...

Do note that you might have to chose another specialty. For one that's not on the list I have given, secondly even if I did add it, if no one else which to be in I won't have just one person there. I can make an NPC for the attending however we would need a a playable fellow which would be you, but I do not want a bunch of random specialty or more then I can keep up with. I hope you understand.

I will be keeping your specialty in mind and might add it but for now maybe think of one of the others I have listed.

Do note that you might have to chose another specialty. For one that's not on the list I have given, secondly even if I did add it, if no one else which to be in I won't have just one person there. I can make an NPC for the attending however we would need a a playable fellow which would be you, but I do not want a bunch of random specialty or more then I can keep up with. I hope you understand.

I will be keeping your specialty in mind and might add it but for now maybe think of one of the others I have listed.

Oh my mistake there, I assume she'd be placed under General Practitioner for her Fellowship status. It'd be crazy to have ALL the departments and specialties listed!

Oh my mistake there, I assume she'd be placed under General Practitioner for her Fellowship status. It'd be crazy to have ALL the departments and specialties listed!
Oh I guess that works. I didn't think of it. Perhaps put general as her department. Right above specialty.

• Thank You
Reactions: Custodiet Teh
Nevermind you got it figured out xD.

Reactions: Custodiet Teh
Any other feedback or am I all good? :)

Super into this, making up my girl now. The question is am I going to go with bad ass lady doctor or something else.

Took me five seconds to decide on a bad ass peeds doctor

That's fine. Just no oping that's kinda my job :P
I think I understood that right (I haven't a clue because I feel like I hit a wall and things are getting fuzzy) But I won't be op if that was what you were asking

If not, then I have zero clue what you just said

That's fine. Just no oping that's kinda my job :P
Question, were you going for one attending and one fellow for this rp or is this considered spread out over more. I am just wondering based on my character but I'm leaning towards resident

2b40fee23eedd4f96adb7fdbd4548270.jpg

Specialty: Pediatrics
Character Name: Violet Silvers
Alias: Vio
Ethnicity: Canadian American
Sexuality: Bisexual

caea81e62fad8b9b9c357497d0ae06d3.jpg

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5'6"
Hair: Naturally brown, dyed blond and various shades of blue violet on the longer ends
Eyes: Violet
Distinguishing Marks: A tattoo on her left arm
d13c940fe1236ce4f076fbb50e18ee33.jpg

A small tattoo on her right side
6693c974e4eaf59c0002c72d97e169bc.jpg

General Appearance: Violet is professional during working hours, removing all jewelry that she can to avoid trouble. She prefers to wear black chokers and is never caught dead in heels. She always wears boots or sneakers. Outside of work she's in jeans and a t shirt with flannels.
More: She has several piercings. Most notably three cartilage in each ear, one lobe in each, a industrial bar in the right, a lip piercing on the right, and some others that a few other residents will talk about.

c5bf955e62ed545751cd18b38d8846d5.jpg

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To finish her residency and become an attending, to live a life helping others
Aspirations: To become a successful pediatric doctor, to help decrease the amount of suicidal teens and increase the amount of women in medical and engineering fields
Inabilities: Easily irritated, Headstrong, Can't handle bad parents
Fears: Loosing her job, Loosing her way, Being alone
General Personality: Though Vio is quite the looker on the outside she is surprisingly kind to children. With adults she tends to go the no nonsense route, preferring blunt communication. She does so to a degree with her patients as well, but often gives extra time to them to make each one feel comfortable. The younger kids tend to love her, and she often lets them braid and style her hair when they're all feeling down. She has been known to be lenient at times and with older people most often shows compassion by simply being there or gestures rather than words. She has trouble talking about her own past or embarrassing personal subjects, often opting for silence or fumbling over her words.
23de6390f623be98c1deec87f8b6baf2.jpg

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Vio grew up in a large family. Her father was a military man and her mother worked to keep ends meet. After her father died overseas leaving the family alone her mother had to pick up a job which meant Vio picked up the housework. Vio hadn't much interest in medical sciences until one of her younger siblings was hospitalized while in PE and later died in the ICU. It was discovered that he had an undiagnosed heart condition. Vio hadn't had the funds to take him to the doctor and now he was gone. She needed to do something. That is where her track to medical school began.
Before/ Present Life:
Vio has graduated and passed her internship and is now living as a resident in the local Seattle hospital. She grew up in the area and is quite happy continuing to live there. After many failed dating attempts she has little prospect on finding anyone but continues to put her all into her work with kids.
3411522a43f7cb210a68419401f152ef.jpg

Question, were you going for one attending and one fellow for this rp or is this considered spread out over more. I am just wondering based on my character but I'm leaning towards resident
1 attending per specialty and max of 2 fellows for attending.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Hhhnnn... looks promising for this one...

Hhhnnn can I make an OC that deviates from the students... Like I want to make a freelance practitioner who has been contracted to work there as an on-call neurosurgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.