Trigger

There was a horribly awkward silence that emanated between the two of them. Kai hadn't gotten off of the ground since that Archer person left. The moment he left, Tara's rage flared up. I just told him we'd do better together! The darkness around her pupils was a very noticeable throb in the middle of the day as she walked over to the angry bald man.

"Listen, you. Obviously that other guy has a death wish out for himself. I don't. As much as I don't know about you or about what you're capable of, I need the help."she said as sincerely as she could, which was not sincere in any way, shape, or form. She was still pouring out waves of rage and annoyance that even saying a sweet "good morning" would have come out irrefutably as a rough, "go to hell." Tara didn't mean to be that way. She was usually one to give someone the benefit of the doubt or some upper hand. But could you blame her? She was always mauled by those infected and to make matters worse, she had lost one of possibly the only survivors around there. Tara shifted on her bent knees and scrutinized the man.

"Please."she said, slightly less angry.

Archer uncloaked behind Tara and tapped on her shoulder."..Uh miss I'm right here..." He handed her one of his hand guns and moved to the man he met earlier."The both of you seem pretty valuable in a fight,so it would definitely be the best decision to stick together."Archer turned on his cross com to adjust the frequency,then pulled out two other headsets for Tara and Kai to use."If you here no response on the coms say so and I'll fix the frequency.These are the only ones i have left so don't lose them."He walked back to the vehicle and turned on the ignition.So,Tara,Baldy,Old man,and Missy.Whats it gonna be?"

Akira was slightly envious of Isaac's past. He'd been a cool military guy and now, in all the chaos of infection, he still had someone from his past. And what was she? A simple security-guard with a knack for guns and an insane amount of luck. She'd either lost contact with most people she knew long before the infection, or they had most likely died afterward.

She shook her head a little to clear her thoughts. She wasn't alone.

"I think..." Akira began, looking at her feet and shuffling them a little. "He's right about strength in numbers." She looked up at Isaac, unsure of her own decision. "It seems like a good idea but....I'm not sure. What do you think?" she asked him.

kula-walk.gif

It was just like any other day in a zombie infested world. No animals to see, no things to do, no people to talk with, except the infected; however, they have a real suckly bed side manner.

"Well at least their is a nice breeze." she said softly to herself as she walk along the empty car filled road into Adon City. What led Dizzy to come to this city was a clue her family had left her in the last city. Luckily this trip had been quit pleasant. Dizzy hadn't encountered any infected and was able to hunt a dear down for rations. Dizzy had thought outloud, "With a world full of infected I wonder I'm the embodiment of Lady Luck." It was true, she had lived on her own for so many years its a wonder that she isn't dead yet.

958876b151394898a226645b281c3bb7a751dd5d.jpg

Dizzy suddenly stop as she approached the city limits. Dizzy had yet to hear any of the many infected that surely dwell there, yet she couldn't help but feel tens. A new city brings unknown to the factors and that could get one killed. The blue haired girl looked around for options, "Now walking right into the city will more then likely get me killed." she looked around for anything sign that her family had been though this path. After a few seconds of looking Dizzy found a sewer main hopped over to it. After checking carefully for infected she noticed that their was a blue arrow colored ontop the pin lining. Dizzy smile. "Thanks Dad.", She then unholstered on of her TMP-M-497s and entered.

kula-walk.gif

After ten feet in the sewer main it went completely dark. She reached down and turned on her waist mounted flashlight. "Argh", she suddenly had to cover her nose up; due to her heightened sense of smell she could smell things that one would rather not speak off. "good god, this is horrible!", she thought. Dizzy suddenly came to a stop when there was a fork in the pipe line. She pointed her ear to the path to the left; she could faintly hear the movement of some infected. She then place her ear to the right path and heard nothing, "The right it is."

After hours of what seemed like a maze she finally found an exit. Dizzy lunged to a steal door opening it then shut and lock the door behind her, "Finally clean air!" she gasped. The Blue Glint look up and upholstered her second TMP-M-497; she seemed to be in a building of some sort.

Swink stood there for just a few minutes thinking, but it probably felt as though almost an entire week had passed to those awaiting his decision. Not an entirely familiar sensation since he had never been in charge of anyone back in the old unit. Only on the battlefield had he been in charge of anything. Completing the mission assigned. Every soldier knew that. . . every decent soldier anyway. For that reason alone glory hounds had a tough time adjusting unless they just happened to possess peerless skill and could afford such hubris.

Picking up the two comm-links on the floor he stared at them in his hand for a few moments before starting to fiddle with one. The other he handed off to Akira but made a motion with his hand not to put it in her ear yet. Checking the device until he could determine it was on the right frequency, his silence persisted on further. After that he even checked it for any abnormalities that could be detected with the naked eye up close. Even now the stoic look on his face remained as though it had always been there to begin with. Strange how people could look perfectly at home with one expression and then change in the blink of an eye.

Finally he put the comm-link in his ear.

"No thanks. If I left here now it would be a waste of all the ammo I spent clearing this place out up to this point. I'm going to finish my mission."

A pause came in his speech.

"But I'll keep in touch."

"Thats one..Now what about the rest of you?" asked Archer, stepping out of the vehicle waiting for answers. Archer new fairing alone would be a suicide mission waiting to happen and that two people, together, have a fair chance but soon become over taken by the numbers. Archer looked at Tara and Kai with a calm stare, knowing that what they decide is their choice and theirs alone. He wasn't use to just sitting and waiting, most of the time he was the one in command even if you were a higher age. But even so, his coalition is gone and the world is apocoliptic, given that fact he has to adopt this new attitude and learn to both give and follow orders."You sure old man, i could use an ally like you. You can bring your friend and it'll be like old times.

Archer leaned aginst the wall next to Tara and reloaded his rifle, leaving him with only four whole clips left and a fourth of another. He took of his head gear reveling his low cut black hair, hazle colored brown eyes, and gentle medium brown skin. "I hate my job," eased from his mouth as he began to relax slightly against the wall.In such a state of relaxation his senses became slightly enhanced for a brief moment to hear a stampede of foot steps, charging in from both directions of the alley way he was in, with Tara and Kai. Little time left, Archer reacted to the first thing that came to mind and yelled "Get in the jeep now!" and caught the two's attention. "Old man I know you made your decision but we have a situation, I need you and the girl to stay put in a safe distance, I'm coming to get you, I'll be on your coordinates in five to ten minutes.​

Akira glanced at Isaac steadily. "I'll stay with you...if you'd like..." she said quietly, almost inaudibly. She played with the comm-link, fiddling with the bits and pieces on it. Akira only did that because she had nothing else to do with her hands. She suddenly felt like sitting in a corner, though she didn't know why.

When she heard the other man say that he'd get them in 5-10 minutes she looked up. "Is everything alright?" she asked, putting up the comm-link, though not putting it on. She looked at Isaac again, with a worried expression this time.

Keeping her guns aimed forward Dizzy started to explore. As She pass the threshold of the sewer entrance she caught a whiff of rotten flesh; this made her press her back against the wall. There wasn't much like due to the window seemed to be 50 feet up. Only letting in a limiting amount of light, therefore, she let her eyes adjust. After that Dizzy peaked over edge of the wall she was hugging; she didn't see anything nor heard any heartless footsteps.

kula-dashing.gif

Dizzy suddenly dashed out aiming her guns infront of her only to have nothing jump out out at her. The cloud must have been distorted the light outside as the light suddenly got brighter as she could now see everything in the building. She holstered her guns and smiled, "Well hot damn, this a coal burning power plant." she smiled. It seemed to be that this power plant has been made into a back up power plant if the nuclear power plant down town had ever shut down. She continued to explore she found a large mount of coal, "looks like they never got the chance to use this place." she spoke aloud.

As she was making her way to the other end of the build she suddenly found what was making the rotten flesh smell. There were three dead bodies, covered in bits and missing most of there heads. From the looks of it they were a mother a father and there child,"mercy killing" she thought as she saw the gun in the father's hand.

kula-crouchstance.gif

Dizzy then crouched down and took the gun out of the father's hand, "Cool, the Smithandweston M500." she popped opened the breach look at the cylinder, a fiver round cylinder three of the five have been fired." she thought, "Well that explains why most of there heads were gone." she said to herself. Dizzy then rolled the corps over and removed holster for the M500 then strapped it to herself at the back of her belt and then holstered the large weapon. The young lady then searched the father more and found 12 more bullets for the large gun then placed the bullets into her pocket; she also removed a shoulder strap that had a combat knife in it and placed it onto herself.scavenging wasn't done as she saw the child has a small backpack on. she took off her mid size backpack and placed on the ground. As she looked thought the kids backpack she found two cans of Chifboyrds ravioli; this made Dizzy smile.

kula-intocrouch.gif

Once she place the Can foods in her backpack and replace it back on her back, the Blue Glint saw a ladder the let to the roof; she ran to the ladder and clime up it. As she reached to the roof Dizzy looked over the edge. To her dismay the whole power plant was surrounded by infected and luckily none of them had noticed her. Dizzy a hut at the corner of her eye and rushed to it. She smiled,"Yes! a radio hut." It looked like a CB-radio was hooked up to three car batteries, Dizzy flipped it on to full power and set the band to a wide search. Dizzy then place the com infront of her mouth filled the radio waves with the could for a cute, spunky voice of a young lady,"This is the Blue Glint speaking, is anyone in the City of Adon? repeat, this is the Blue Glint, is anybody there?"

"We've got a massive problem you two, the time for waiting is over we need to get a move on." Archer felt stressed at the fatc that a hoard was approching at full force. Time was running out so he and the others didn't have much time to waste let alone spare. With that many infected closing in on him and the others it'd be a firefight that would end as soon as all their ammo runs out.​

View attachment 4716
For a brief moment Archer became the Demon Assaulter and lifted Tara over his shoulder, placer in the vehicle and giving no questions or warnings.He glared up at Kai and barked "Hey Baldy!", to get his attention, when he saw him look he fired the uhndermounted hook around Kai's leg and pulled him into the jeep. "Now lets get a move on", he said,starting up the vehicle. He put his helmet back on his head, his goggles covered his eyes and reinitialized his cross-com and HUD. They were ready to move out when he heard someone elses voice on the com's signal.
View attachment 4733

"This is the Blue Glint speaking, is anyone in the city of Adon? repeat, this is the Blue Glint, is anybody there?"

"Are you kidding me?! Now!", he new this was good news to find another survivor to have along for the ride. But it was the fact on where she could be that was the problem. The jeep has only enough gas to make it to Issac and Akira's location, then straight to the safe house. He reached back a layed the two cross-coms for Tara and Kai to use so they can speak to who this Blue Glint person is. He pressed down on the acceleration and pulled back on the shift,and bolted from the alley way. He took a hard turn right knocking over a trash can and speeding down the street,running over infected as he went. "Old man I'm on my way and you've got numberless infected moving on your position, I'm taking no chances on leaving you there, I won't argue this with you, as soon as i get there You and your friend are getting in this jeep you hear me!"​

Isaac's left eye was starting to twitch in annoyance.

Everything had been going just fine until Archer had started poking his probes into the building that the ex-soldier had mostly taken over. Not quite believing what he heard over the comm-link he took a quick peek out the window. The sort used when trying to get a fix on the enemy while the bullets were flying on the battlefield. One wrong instinct in a situation like that meant a quick headshot if the enemy was a skilled enough marksman. Archer had said he wouldn't argue but that didn't mean Swink was about to take orders from someone younger than him. Let alone someone who had not outranked him. While restraining himself from outright yelling, anyone listening to what Isaac said next in a hushed tone felt just how threatening he could be without even meeting him in person. Every sentence was an outright order that left no room for questioning.

"Listen very carefully Archer. The infected are attracted to loud noises and bright lights. They're not smart enough to know which building the noise came from earlier. If anything they're coming for you with all the acket you're making. But if you bring that jeep here it'll be like painting a neon target on my back. Get to your safe house with the people you've got. Akira and I will be fine. Everything here is barricaded for at least five floors."

For a moment Archer didn't want to hear what Issac had to say, but the man was wise and saved Archer's Ass countless of times. He didn't get scared or tempted by Issac's voice and didn't care for either, mostly because he didn't want to leave a man behind. Although he did say he has a choice, so he gave it to him and changed direction. Archer took a hard turn and drove straight towards his safe house.

"You better be safe out here Old man."​

Akira sighed and went to the window as well, peeking out cautiously. She listened silently as Isaac spoke to the other man, Archer. They would be absolutely fine, she knew this much because...well, they had made this far hadn't they? She remained silent and continued staring out the window, wondering what to do now.

Silence engulfed everything. Swallowing hard she looked at Isaac. "Should we stay here...or move up to the floors you haven't cleared yet?" she asked quietly, not sure what else to say. She'd only wanted to break the silence that had fallen. What to do? she wondered, looking back out the window.

The radio locked on to the radio signal that the other two men were talking over. "They seem to be having some kind of dispute." she thought as she heard the sound of the engine in the backround when the younger man spoke. "He must be out on the field." she said to herself.

Dizzy held the Mic by her mouth and pressed the button, "I agree with the older gentleman, you maybe able to out run the infected, but the noise of your engine echos through out the city, you need to get to a fortified shelter and kill the engine for a few hours." Dizzy they released the button.

ANTI-KULA.gif

Dizzy stood there and gather her thoughts, "I think the older man is already in a shelter of some kind." Dizzy then poked her head out of the hut and looked out in the city at all directions, "I wonder whey he is holding up?" Dizzy pulled her head back into the hut and again spoke into the Mic," The older gentleman, are you able to see the Adon City coal power plant by happen of chance?" she asked and placed the Mic down.

After finally getting his way, Isaac seemed to finally relax in the slightest. Further proof of this came in a sigh which escaped him although it was a controlled one. Moments passed by in silence until Akira spoke again. Not taking her words lightly, he plunged into rather serious thought over what to do for the next few hours. Clearing out the above floors would grant confirmed security. One the other hand they could not afford making too much noise again so soon. Peering out the window, Swink looked down at the streets below and the next block over as well. Infected were still passing by as they all swarmed after Archer toward the direction of his safe house.

Kid definitely has his work cut out for him.

Now he looked over at Akira.

"We stay on this floor until sunset. Before the night comes though. . . we have to dump the bodies out the window. This place doesn't need to have their stench in it anymore than it does already."

Right about then a new voice came in through the comm-link headset. Amazing how after such a dry spell of human contact. . . everyone suddenly decided to show up in one day. Some part of that unnerved the ex-soldier rather than comfort him. Mostly since that it meant the survivors were getting so desperate to survive that they were willing to team up again. Betrayal had put that mentality out of style for quite some time now as the remnants of the human race got greedy.

". . . What direction is it in?"