1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
September. Another year, another time to wake up early in the morning, enjoy a small nap in the bus ride, and try to stay awake while in High School. It was the third day of the first week, as students settled into their class schedules. For one student, it was to settle into a new school.

James Haven, 17 years of age, transferred over from another high school. His other school got caught up in a scandal, as one of the teachers were caught in a sexual relationship with another student. Feeling uncomfortable with that, they decided to move James over someplace else. He didn't really have much say in the matter, he stayed silent and just accepted the change. Wasn't like he had too many friends, and the ones he had weren't too far from here.

Still, it was awkward to begin with. His mom had dropped him off the first day, where his locker wouldn't open because someone super-glued the door, and he didn't really interact with anyone. He just took classes and stayed to himself, even eating in the hallways instead of the cafeteria when it was too full. No one knew he was there, and he didn't care; listening to music on his Iphone and Youtube videos when he was on the bus.

By this time today, it was 11:00 in the morning. After this class, the lunch bell would ring, and it seemed easy enough for a class. Biology, the students were simply being given papers on what to expect, what their homework assignments were, and the usual jokes about cutting open frogs. James sat in the middle, playing around with his pen by unscrewing it and taking out the contents inside then putting it back together, barely paying attention to the teacher.

Bulbuli's smile graced his thin face as she laughed. Her feet quickly taking her into one of her favorite classes, the usual teasing being heard as she unregrettably wore the bindi her grandma had placed on her forehead. The gentle spot leading to a gentle comfort as she walked. Today was the day they were getting their first group project of the class, and she prayed she wouldn't end up with someone who didn't at least try to help. Her long legs quickly lead her into the room, the older gentleman giving her a sideways look as she towered over him. His gentle bow quickly giving right back.

She sat down with a smile as she started to play with her thick braid, her eyes trained on the young woman who always came in shortly after her. Emma, and her soft smile, that fluffy brown hair. It was enough to leave her with a soft flutter in her heart, and Emma herself always returned her smile. Emma was often smiling at her, curious about her more than anything. Todays bindi was a soft orange with a single jewel in the middle. Her fingers taking quick note of it as she took her seat in the back pulling her large sweater in closer to her.

"Now class. Today we are going to be getting groups set up for our dissection project. I have a bucket filled with your classmates names from which I will start by drawing one, and that individual will come up and draw a name. There will be one group of three but there is no trading, no take backs, and what is drawn is what you have." he shouted over the talking that erupted in the classroom. Emma cursed softly under her breath praying that she would get someone nice in all this, and so it went. Names were drawn and people paired off spare for her, Bulbuli's, and gentleman in the middle of the classroom. Of course the beautiful woman had gotten her name drawn. Bulbuli herself smiled as she walked up there her thick accent ringing out above the voices as she read their names, "I've got Emma, and James."

Emma tried to hide the grin as she stood up gathering her stuff before going to sit by the boy in the middle of the room. Her gentle smile only growing more as Bulbuli sat down. "I'm Emma." she said as the young woman sat down before her. The classroom had moved around by the students as the teacher passed out packages. "Get to know your group people. These people will be the people you are going to be paired with for the semester. Dissection, essays, and presentations, the whole nine yards. This first one will be getting to know your team member, or members. By the end of the period I want you to be able to tell me four things about the other besides the obvious."

"Oh not one of these things. Vhy?" she started to say before she let out a long sigh looking at Emma, and James. "Looks like the three of us will being doing quite a bit together." Bulbuli quickly turned that long sigh to a smile as she pulled a notebook from her bag. "Where to start... what's everyone's favorite food?" Emma blushed a deep shade of red. So forward? "Anything smothered in gravy, I mean fruit!" Emma started shrinking into her sweater before looking up at Bulbuli who had simply a look of amusement in her eyes. "Pork or Chicken gravy?" "Oh! Chicken!" Emma thought for a second the color still a deep shade of red on her face. "Now James, vhat about you?" Bulbuli asked turning her attention to the young man who sat before them.

James wasn't as anxious to meet his teammates, coming in, he expected to work with someone. He figured they'd talk a bit, but outside of class they wouldn't even see each other. Once Bulbuli and Emma sat down, James responded back with, "James," nodding his head while still wearing his hoodie. Hadn't reach the point in the day where he felt good enough to put it down. A comfort thing, like he was back in bed for some reason.

As Bulbuli spoke, he was kinda confused by her accent, as well Emma acting all strange. He had a slight curve of his eyebrows to both of them, looking between the two and seeing Emma sink to her sweater. Shy one she was. Once he was asked the question, he took a few seconds to think, humming as he tried to find something he enjoyed. First thing that popped into his head, "Uh, Subway sandwiches." Way to go, champ. He loved him a subway, with bacon mixed with American cheese, lettuce, turkey and mayo on Italian bread. Yum..... Now he was hungry. "You?" He asked back.

Bulbuli and Emma both grinned in response to James’ response. “Subvay? I’ve yet to have it. Seems so odd to me. Although all I eat is curry.” Bulbuli spoke smiling broadly at the young man, eyes lingering on the way he hair poked out from under his hoodie. “Top three though is Keema Aloo, Saag Paneer, and my grandma Chickpeas. My goddess that voman can cook.” She grinned broadly looking at Emma who simply blushed again through the smile. “That’s my grandma’s beef. She doesn’t make it often, but her pot roast is heaven. Oh god you don’t eat beef I’m sorry!” Emma cried out softly. It was enough so that Bulbuli started to giggle, “Oh please. You can enjoy all the beef you vant, I get it. I know very many people who don’t like Lamb. Same principle sorta, or pork! Vith the Islamic. All I gotta say is bacon.”

Emma only grinned awkwardly her eyes locking onto Bulbuli’s gorgeous smile before looking back at James her face snapping back to look at the other woman again. “Wait you’ve never had subway?” She shook her head quickly, “Nope, I’m not a fan of the fast food trend. To greasy, and to much beef. Although I’ve always wanted to try this Pizza.” “Now if I may ask are you from India?” Emma asked before playing with a strand of her hair. She again looked back to James with a soft blush, “And where you originally from. I’m from Bemidji Minnesota originally.”
“Oh trust me I’m from the motherland.” Bulbuli laughed putting air quotes around the word motherland, “But mostly from New York. My mother owned a café for a vhile out there. Now ve are here.” She smiled crossing her long legs under the desk as she leaned forward. "You just moved here didn't you? I don't remember seeing a boy as cute as you around here before." Bulbuli asked leaning in to get a closer look at James, a gentle hand going out to slowly push his hood off to get a full look at the other. It was like Bulbuli had hit a switch in her cheeks as her own nearly sparkled red seeing her touch the boy for even the briefest of moments.
"Are you single?" Emma asked the woman suddenly and wanted to sink into her hoodie the moment those words left her mouth.
Bulbuli sat there wide eyed for a moment before quickly recover, "There's been to many Bollywood boys for my taste. To many coolos. I want a good vholesome person vho's villing to handle my personality." Emma smiled sheepishly for a brief second, "I'm single... awkward and single."

James stayed quiet while the two talked, dazing off into space while they discussed food. He hadn't had any breakfast that morning, so the food talk made his stomach growl even more. He finally snapped out of it when Emma asked him a question. "Hm?.... Oh, uhhh, I'm from Brattleboro, Vermont.... Well, I was born there, I live a town away from here." He clarified. When Bulbuli spoke up to comment on his first appearance in school, along with the flirtatious line, he laughed, "Ha!" It was a gut reaction, just something he found funny for no reason.

"Thanks." He figured that would be the only comment, but then Emma spoke up with her own question, and that caught him off guard. "Uhhh.... Y-Yeah, I'm single." The fuck was going on? Two women were either being playful or were actually hitting on him, he couldn't tell. "Never had a girlfriend." He added, rubbing the back of his head and now blushing lightly just like the other two from Bulbuli touching him. First time a girl his age was this close to him in a intimate way.

Emma smiled at James from where she sat, mostly hidden beneath fabric and hair. Her gentle eyes looking at James with soft care. "I have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend. One hundred percent new to all that." She actually told the others with some confidence. Her hands going to play with her hair. Bulbuli chuckled wanting to reach out and touch that soft cheek, a look of confusion spreading over her face at the desire. "Bisexual?" Bulbuli said very suddenly, for some reason leaning forward. It wasn't til Emma nodded bashfully that she moved any closer, moving her desk closer to the other two. "For all my parents know I am one hundred percent straight but it's hard not to admire a curvy voman." The young woman said softly before looking at James, "Only fair I ask you to. Note at this point vhen ve present mostly I vill talk about food." Emma smile grew just a bit more, her confidence finally giving her a gentle shove as she stretched softly, her thicker arms and strong hands going to throw her hair up in a messy bun.

"Um uhhhh..." This was certainly getting awkward for the young teen, not expecting to be in this situation. "I, uhh.... Have never experimented." He admitted. He never really thought about the idea of being sexually attracted to both genders, though as he looked at Emma's eyes, he felt a small need to say something to make her like him. "I-I guess I wouldn't be opposed to being bisexual." It was off the top of his head to say that, not wanting to ruin any chances he might actually have with either of two ladies.