Trehpsacore: Asylum for the Soon to be Gifted

Biomed and biotech. Good combination. What exactly is biotech though? It was one of my options when I was deciding what to do in uni but I never got around to finding out what it is. I figured it's probably something like those biological fuel cells they're trying to develop or something?

Biomed and biotech. Good combination. What exactly is biotech though? It was one of my options when I was deciding what to do in uni but I never got around to finding out what it is. I figured it's probably something like those biological fuel cells they're trying to develop or something?
It ranges from augmetic/prosthetics, through to bio-medical technology (cancer treatments, drugs ect) through to using biology to improve other technology, bio fuels, bio fuel cells. through to genetic engineering such as plants and the ilk. through to creating entirely new organisms or editing current ones to do things. for example, my current project is based around getting a cacti to produce a form of insulin rather than the toxin it normally makes, meaning we could harvest it. with that proof of concept I could engineer it to produce petroleum.

Wow, that sounds like it could be pretty useful then. Why would you want a cactus making insulin though? Wouldn't you want to work with a plant that didn't take 20 years to grow?

Wow, that sounds like it could be pretty useful then. Why would you want a cactus making insulin though? Wouldn't you want to work with a plant that didn't take 20 years to grow?
Cacti are easy to work with, we have a lot of them, and we can get results in 3 to 4 months, we have a strain here with a acelerated growth cycle (and a custom green house for them)

So, if your research goes well, we could be seeing huge cactus greenhouses making carbon fuels for us? neat.

Reactions: Floral
@LittleRedPanda Life is being an ass right now, I should hopefully have my char up tomorrow night or saturday night. I really wanna be apart of this^^.

Reactions: LittleRedPanda
As long as your paradoxes stay small, I suppose this will be alright.

As long as your paradoxes stay small, I suppose this will be alright.
would making a never-ending staircase be too big? Just need to know how small "small" is.

2000px-Impossible_staircase.svg.png

It depends on how big of a scale the staircase is. If you can create it and trap someone on it, that's a bit too much.

Got it. Thanks