Trehpsacore: Asylum for the Soon to be Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
Several hundred years ago, our ancestors participated in the last great war. World War 3, they called it. It was massive and devastating, destroying most of civilization. The remainder of human kind knew they could not survive alone, and thus went about building a new race to coexist alongside them. These new creations were metal automatons, looking exactly like intricate metallic versions of humans. At first they were treated like equals, holding jobs, inventing, even having relationships with the humans. However, as time went on the human/automaton relationship devolved. The automatons are now mass produced solely to be servants, nannies, caretakers, and factory workers. They are programmed to have a one-track, work driven mind. Yet every now and then, one is made with a defect. Humans don't know why but some of the automatons come out of creation with the ability to think for themselves. They are quickly sent away to a place with unknown whereabouts. It is called The Asylum and the automatons are sent to be crushed and refashioned into something new. Everyone knows about The Asylum. But not much is known about where it lies or even exactly what they do. They only know that The Asylum is responsible for most of mankind's advancements in the last century. For mankind never has stopped in it's quest to engineer, modify, and control the next new thing.

The Asylum dwells somewhere in a large city-state called Trehpsacore. It is shaped in a gigantic, walled egg, divided into two sections. The outside of the two sections, the closest to the outer wall, "Trehps", is the extremely rich section. The people there work in lavish offices, have large parties and satiate their fleshly desires as they wish. Prostitution, gambling, and drugs are big businesses and considered commonplace in Trehps. Parties are thrown nightly and the fashion is ostentatious and vital to the inner circles. Trehps people do anything to be popular and look fashionable. It is considered fashionable to have an automaton servant, worker, or concubine. In contrast, "The Core" is extremely poor. The people there work in the factories alongside the automaton race, making nice things for Trehps in terrible conditions. Starving to death in Core is extremely common. The few who can afford houses are lucky. There is an abundance of homeless people in Core. Trehps and The Core are separated by a series of inner walls and gates. You don't just leave Trehps to go to The Core or vice versa. The communities are vastly different and there is much animosity from people on both sides, as has always been the case. They even have little slur nicknames for each other. The Core people are called Slum Slugs to those on the lavish side of the wall and the Trehps people have been dubbed Elitists by those under their feet. This is simply every day life for them.

However, something fishy is afoot. Researchers from The Asylum have been "borrowing" orphans, street rats, and anyone else who looks like a good candidate from both areas of Trehpsacore under the guise of training them to be Researchers one day. Of course, no one even bats an eye. But for the candidates? Their life has now vastly changed. They awake in a huge high- tech house together, filled with rooms for each orphan and every invention and want anyone could have. However, this combination of kids can be disastrous. When the Slum Slugs and Elitists mix, people have been known to be killed. But this strange new "Orphanage", although a blessing to The Core kids who are used to terrible conditions, is frightening. The Researchers talk about making their new "experiments" into the perfect life form for every Trehps house. "The next big thing". The candidates are subjected to all sorts of experiments and tests to give them strange supernatural powers. The children are all groomed and conditioned to be the most fashionable creatures in Trehpsacore. The doors are locked to keep the kids from ever trying to escape. And what's worse? No one can even remember their own name. When they wake up they only remember the name bestowed upon them by the Researchers.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read to this point. Basically, I want this to be a steampunk/post-apocalyptic style RP. All of the characters will eventually be given these new supernatural powers by means of experimentation. They are all locked in together in a large house that has all the newest technologies and luxuries possible. You can choose to have a fully human character, an automaton character, or a hybrid of the two. And also each character will only know their name as the name of a classic fairytale character. Let me know what you think.

Pictures:

Trehps:
eju6vt.jpg

cityscapes%20futuristic%20science%20fiction%201391x995%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperfo.com_71.jpg

a1361818635_10.jpg

The Core:
640x270_2004_Ghost_slum_2d_landscape_ruins_post_apocalyptic_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

cf828df5323861ea27aa0958ad369aaa-d2xp3zx.jpg

Slums2.jpg

fs33x6p.jpg

The Asylum:
Futuristic-Steampunk-Interior-Style.jpg

steampunk_room_by_generalpeer.jpg

steampunk-engine-room.jpg

steampunk-room-steampunk-studio-mike-savad.jpg

Proudspire_Manor_-_ground_level_-_alchemy_lab.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stuffies12
...Count me in, I have a character that would work very, very well for this.

Sign me up for this.

Huzzah! I'm so glad for the interest. Thank you guys(:

That final picture surprised me, it's so out of place :D

Where is this city-state in the world, and what are the main nationalities? Also, are the names of the children chosen by the researchers and just so happen to from fairy tales, or is there a system that automatically designates a child's name?

I suggestion, if I may, maybe make the type bigger? The color makes it hard to read and a small size make me squint so I can read it.

I suggestion, if I may, maybe make the type bigger? The color makes it hard to read and a small size make me squint so I can read it.
Ctrl+scroll wheel.

Ctrl+scroll wheel.
I know but at the same time I hate having to do that just so I can read something, because it's a pain to get it back to how I want it.

I can agree with that. Zooming in is a pain on PC.

....Please note; I'm using chrome on 90% zoom (so 10% zoomed OUT) and I can read it fine. also if you are on chrome there's a little magnifying glass in the url bar you can click to reset to defult.

I'm 100% zoomed in on Chrome and have a TV screen as a monitor and I still have problems reading it :D maybe I need glasses.

I think that might be the case. Though I do agree purple and small font is awkward.

Not to mention when you want interest the nicer looking something is the better. Small, dark, and tiny fonts don't help people when they want to see what it's about.

....Please note; I'm using chrome on 90% zoom (so 10% zoomed OUT) and I can read it fine. also if you are on chrome there's a little magnifying glass in the url bar you can click to reset to defult.
I know, I'm just a lazy jerk who is procrastinating homework.

We all are. I'm currently putting off working on a personal statement by using random word generators to come up with settings for RPs.

Reactions: Karyra
....I am plugging through a 10k word essay on cellular structures. as a distraction from the fact I don't want to go to my martial arts club.

Ooh cellular structures. Interesting. Don't know much about those but they're 25% of the marks on an extended Biology course I'm taking which is a real pain in the ass.

Sorry guys about the font, I went ahead and fixed it lol.
That final picture surprised me, it's so out of place :D

Where is this city-state in the world, and what are the main nationalities? Also, are the names of the children chosen by the researchers and just so happen to from fairy tales, or is there a system that automatically designates a child's name?
Lol I know that final picture's origins. It is a bit out of place but I needed a picture to describe the fact that some areas of the Asylum are lovely and lavish, while some of them are used for experimentation. As far as where this city-state is located... If I remember correctly I set it kinda smack dab in the middle of North America. However, this is set way into the future so the nationalities are completely mixed. There's not really a system for the names, I mostly just thought that somehow the Researchers got ahold of an old Grimm's book and decided they like it, lol. I know I, personally, will have a character named Snow White. You can choose what you want their new name to be though. Anything from Rumplestiltskin all the way to Hansel and Gretel. As long as it's a fairy tale.

I think the names from fairy tales are kinda completely and absolutely horrible, so if you don't mind, my character's going to decide their fairy tale name is stupid and give themselves a better name. Or something like that, how they have a non-fairy tale name might change when I decide who they're actually going to be. Maybe a name from a japanese fairy tale as a compromise? Those ones dont usually sound quite as ridiculous.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. To the Researchers it's simply a way to keep track of who's there. And they're far too ostentatious to simply give them numbers or the like. The only thing is that the Researchers WILL call you by the name they "give" you. Whether you call yourself that or not.

I think I found one I like. can't remember where its from though! Lucian.

Status
Not open for further replies.