Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack frowned at that. He hadn't really thought he was that memorable. "I suppose I could shave and get a hair cut. I will try to come up with an alias. I can't promise that I will remember another name." He knew his forgetfull nature would be a problem. He wasn't good at remembering things like this. He would try though. He supposed a shave and a hair cut could hurt. It had been awhile since he had had either. He wondered how he went about getting them in this time.

Sean nodded and went into the bathroom. Classes started at noon, so he could take Zack to barber first then they could go for shopping. He could drop him back at the apartment and then he would go to the campus. But how to make Zack stay still in the apartment though? Last time, he couldn't even help but go to the trash and dug up things to tinker. Maybe he should gave Zack something to tinker then. Sean lathered the soap onto his skin and rubbed his skin nice and clean.

Zack figured they were done talking so he sat back down and began tinkering. He loved nothing more then to take things apart and see how they worked. He enjoyed fixing and building things. But not as much as learning how things worked. He loved discovering things. He paid little attention to the world around him as he worked.

Sean took the towel from the hook and began drying himself. Steam wafted out of his shower cell, Sean always liked a hot steaming shower first thing in the morning. It relaxes his stiff muscles and warming his body. He pulled his shirt on and then his jeans. He combed his hair and then did all of his usual morning ritual. He walked out of the bathroom after hanged his towel so it could be dry next time he need it. "What are you doing Zack?"

Zack looked ip at the sound of Sean's voice. "I almost have this worked out." He answered distractedly. He bent his head back to his eork. He was once again lost in his work. He was making calculations on a piece of paoer. He was working on a way to make the phone he had work more effectively for his needs. He needed to be able to record his notes safely. He was worried about Seth getting his hands on them.

"Oh? What is it you're working out?" Sean asked curiously. owalked behind Zack and peered over his shoulder. He watched as Zack wrote all kinds of calculation and his head spun. He was never good with number and calculation. What he can do is memorizing, he could remember everything he ever read. He looked at the picture Zack drew.. oh, it's a phone. "You're working on a phone? Improving it's ability or something?"

Zack nodded. "This phone will not do what I need it to do. I need to be able to record my progress. But I don't want to keep just notes and photos." He had a terrible memory. Mostly because he didn't want to remember certain thing. The foster care system was not a good place for regular kids. His differences make it worse for him. No one of his foster parents had been able to understand him.

Sean nodded and went back to the kitchen to drink something. He was thirsty. He patted Zack's shoulder and said, "once you're done, come to the kitchen and I'll give you something to eat. Then we can go to buy your needs." He walked into the kitchen and while drying his hair, opened the fridge. He took out two eggs and water. Then he took the frying pan and began to fry the eggs. "Hope he doesn't mind simple breakfast," Sean muttered to himself.

Encouraging Zack to continue working wasn't the best idea. He was terrible about finishing things. But this time he set the phone down and followed Sean. He was hungry. He was curious about the outside world. The idea of going shopping excited him. He wanted to see more of the time he had landed in. He need more information if he was going to be build a new time machine. He leaned against the door frame as he watched Sean cook. "I am not a picky eater. Whatever you eat will be fine."

Sean internally shrugged then nodded at Zack. If the man didn't have any problem with it then he had no problem as well. He was running low on the supplies as well so when he went shopping with Zack, he will need to buy some things too. "Bread and jam then." He bent down to pick the bread,butter and jam that he keep inside the shelf under the counter. He put down the pan he used to 'fry' the bread on the stove. "Want your bread toasted?" he offered.

Zack had no problems with it. He was just happy that he had food. Because of his forgetfulness he was grateful for whatever food he got. He was usually to hungry to care one way or another what the food was. "Toasted sounds good." He watched Sean carefully. He wasn't a cook. He tended to forget what he was doing when he tried to cook. He had started more then one fire because he forgot what he was doing.

Sean shrugged and put the bread into the toaster. He pushed the button and waited while he busied himself with extracting the jam jars he kept in the shelf. He put it on the counter, he loved variety and he's sure Zack can choose which jam he wanted. The machine beeped and the toasted bread popped out. He took out a plate and put the toast on it. He gave it to Zack, "be careful. Still hot." He didn't want to be like a mother who would warn the child, but he can't help the fact that he's starting to care about Zack.

Zack accepted the plate. He liked having someone fussing over him. He had missed having someone taking care of him. He looked at the jars of jam. He liked having choices. But he wasn't sure what to choose. They all looked good. He decided to try them all. It was a well thought out idea. He opened the closest jar and spread some on the toast. Then he grabbed the next jar and opened it before putting some of that jam on top of the first.

Sean put in another set of bread into the toaster and pushed the button. He waited until the machine beeped and took another plate to place his toast on. He walked back to the counter and sat down. Hmm.. pineapple, he thought to himself. He likes all the jam of course, but he would settle with pineapple for today. He spread the jam over his toast and covered it with another. He bit down his toast and almost moaned. Oh how he could forgot that pineapple could taste this heavenly.

Zack put as much jelly on one piece of toast as he could. Then he picked up the toast. He had made something of a mess. He hadn't meant to but that was sort of his way. He made messes. He honestly didn't notice the mess. He would have cleaned it up if he had. He wasn't totally inconsiderate. He simply very focused on one thing. And right now that one thing was his food. He got Jelly all over his face and hands. He even got alittle on his shirt.

Sean finished his toast and laughed as he saw Zack's current state. Poor man had jelly all over the place. He's lucky the table's surface would be easy to clean, Zack's hand and face too. But not the shirt. Hopefully it wouldn't be stained. Sean winced at the thought. He shook his head and offered Zack a napkin, which he's sure he would take if he divert his attention to his hand for a minute. "Use it to wipe your hands and face. You eat like a baby," he laughed again.

Zack frowned at those words. He looked at his hands. He blushed. He didn't like being compared to a baby but he couldn't deny that he had made a huge mess like a baby. It hurt his feelings that the younger man would think so little of him. He threw away what was left of his toast and took the napkin. He cleaned up the table before throwing the napkin away. Then he went into the bathroom to wash his hands and face.

Sean's attention instantly went to Zack as he suddenly went to the bathroom. He frowned and looked at the toast Zack threw away. He walked fast to the bathroom and stopped at the door. "Zack, I'm really sorry if I upset you. I didn't mean to mock you, I just wanted to tease you for a little bit. Forgive me?" he pleaded. He hoped the man would forgive him. He didn't know why but he just felt like he cared about Zack so much that he didn't want Zack to hate him.

Zack shook his head. "You were being honest. I made a huge mess. I should be more aware of what I'm doing." He hated that Sean thought so little of him. But it was his own fault. He had made the mess no one else. He was going to have to learn to take care of himself. He knew that it was something that most people his age had been doing for years. He had no excuse other then he simply hadn't taken the time to learn. That would have to change.

Zack washed his face making sure to get his face completely clean. He hated that he had made such a mess after everything Sean had done for him. Once he was clean he went to the kitchen to clean up the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.