Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack worked through the night. He took the radio apart. Then he studied the pieces. It wasn't a new radio. Atleast he didn't think it was. He thought it was alittle older then what he had seen but not as old as he was used to. Once he took it apart he put it together again. He grinned when he was able to make it work. He made notes on the pieces comparing them to what he was used to. With the radio fixed he went downstairs to the dumpster again and looked for another treasure. He found a phone. Smiling he took his new treasure upstairs to take apart again.

(Yep whenever Sean wakes up he will find Zack working on something surrounded by parts)

((Sorry, the internet device was broken so we all don't get any internet in school. I borrowed my mother's internet connection hehe))

His internal alarm woke Sean up from his dreamless sleep right on 8 o'clock. He wouldn't have any class until afternoon and his work start at ten so he still had time to spend. He sighed and shook the sleep out of his head. Might as well, cook for breakfast earlier since he had a guest now. Then he could take a long .. nice, hot shower. With hair still ruffled from sleep, Sean walked out of his room to find Zack surrounded by.. what is this? A bolt? Where Zack got the bolt anyway? He picked up the bolt and walked to where he saw Zack's head close to a table. "Zack? What are you ..- Is that Mr. Nunley's radio?" He asked, not sure at what he was seeing. He knew Mr Nunley loved that old radio but lately the radio had been slightly broken on the volume, so the old Mr. Nunley couldn't hear it anymore and decided to throw it out. Why is that radio in Zack's hand now?

Zack was in the middle of putting the radio back together when he heard someone move. He ignored the sound. He was busy. He almost had the radio working. He didn't want to stop until he had fixed. "Almost. Got it. Just alittle bit." He mumbled. He continued to put the pieces backed together. He fiddled with it until the sound came out of the radio. He played with the sound turning it up and down. "Volume is good. No let's see.." He finished putting the radio back together. Then he set it aside and started making notes on what he had discovered.

Sean stared at him, gaped in awe as he watched him put the radio parts together again and the sound coming out of it smoothly. Even the last time he heard the radio working the sound wasn't as smooth as it was in Zack's hand. Sean wondered if Zack was actually a god or repair of something. "That was .... amazing!" He said in awe, face lit up with a smile so bright on his face. He walked even closer to Zack and finally noticed some other devices around him. So he didn't sleep last night huh? Sean half-amazed and half-annoyed at his antics. "Zack ..." he tried to said it threateningly.

"I figured out two of your devices." Zack announced happily. He handed Sean the radio. "Technology has changed so much. I wanted to see if I could figure it out. So I found two simple older devices. I think these might be ten or more years old. They aren't like the technology I knew but I figured them out. The phone was much harder then the radio." He went back to making his notes lost in his thought. He compared the two devices to what he had know. Then he compared them to each other.

Sean accepted the radio and sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose. Not that he wasn't happy or amazed that Zack managed to fix the radio but he was annoyed because Zack didn't sleep at all last night. That, was a problem. He could get sick if Zack stubbornly refused to sleep. Sean plucked the notes from his hand before turned a stern pair of eyes at him. "No, stop. You had to sleep. Human need to sleep at least 6 hours a day. Now wash your hands and then go to sleep." He pushed Zack to the shower and half-hoped Zack wouldn't try to pick his shower stall apart before leaving him to clean up the messes that was left on his table.

Zack blinked in surprise. He hadn't expected for Sean to get upset with him. He hadn't meant to stay up all night. But it wasn't the first time that he had done so. It wasn't likely to be the last. He had no reason to try to take care of himself. He allowed his curiosity and imagination take over. He looked at the door surprise. He couldn't think of the last time someone had taken care of him. He stripped and climbed into the shower.

Sean huffed and shook his head. one night and look what's happen. That man didn't sleep, didn't shower, didn't eat, and fix all things he can get his hands on. Oh, the floor. It was so dirty. He head to make Zack clean it later on. Later? What did he mean 'later'? It hasn't even been 24 hours since Zack's arrival and he already thinking as if Zack was going to live here with him for a long time? Sean shook his head. Zack not just migrated into his house, but into his brain too.

Zack took a long shiqer. He figured he needed one. He was covered with oil and grease. Once he was all clean he was wide awake he was looking forward to eatting and getting back to work. He wanted to do more experiments. He didn't know nearly enough about the technology of this time period. He got out and started to dry off when he realized that he didn't have any clean clothes. He wrapped the towel around his waist and left the bathroom. He searched for Sean until he found the younger man. "Do you want me to put the old clothes back on? That seems like a waste of a shower."

Last edited:
Sean was washing his hands from the oil because the parts he touched earlier when he heard Zack asked him a question. "Yes, yes. Wait a second, I'm almost done. There's a-" he stuttered as he turned his head to look at Zack. Look at that chest! It should be illegal. Totally muscular. He wondered what Zack done to make it looks like that. "There's a pair of shirt, pants, and underwear I have in the wardrobe. Clean and new. You could put it on. I bought it for a cousin of mine, but he didn't show up so I'm giving it to you," Sean quickly said as soon as he caught himself staring for a minute too long. His ears turned pink, embarrassed so as soon as his hands were dry he walked into his bedroom, motioning Zack to follow.

Zack tilted his head curiously as Sean stared at him. He didn't understand why the man was staring at him. He didn't consider himself attractive enough to be stared at. He nodded. He was glad that the other man had clothes. He didn't want to put his old clothes. He would have to figure out how to get more clothing. He didn't want to be a burden but there wasn't that much he could do here. How could he help out? He followed Sean into the bedroom.

Sean pulled out a shirt, pants, and underwear from his wardrobe before giving it to Zack. "This is yours now. You can put your clothes into the laundry basket and then we could buy your clothes at the weekend." He tilted his head to side as he picked his outfit for the day. "You know, if you could repair them so fast, then maybe you could make it your job. Like, I can advertise and when someone need their devices to be repaired, they could give it to me and you could repair it, since I couldn't afford they're seeing your face and then they pay for your service! You could get a lot of money that way." He smiled at Zack.

"I don't know if I can repair more then the radio and phone. But I would be willing to try. I have always been good with mechanical thing. Bring me more things and I will see what I can do. If you can get people to buy for the repairs that would be even better." Zack told him. He was willing to repair anything that Sean brought him. It would give him access to more things so he could learn how much things had changed. He would also give him parts to work with when he started to build his new time machine. He had a feeling that he would need whatever he cold get his hands on.

"Hmm.." Sean hummed and went to his desk to prepare the books for the day. "It's good then. How about programs? Maybe you could repair programs problem like boot-loop, hacked accounts, or something around those lines?" He asked, he wanted to know how far Zack's ability to repair, so he could answer all the questions later. He walked out of his room to the bathroom while taking off his top, revealing his bare chest. "Oh! Can you operate a phone too?"

"I am better with mechanical things then I am at prohramming. My programming skills are decades old. Do I dont know what I can do. But I would be willing to try. I am a fast learning. I'm sure what I don't know I can figure out but it will take longer then the mechanical stuff." Zack explained. He had done some programjng. But he wasn't sure how much things had changed in that area since his time. He would need to look at a few programs before he could make ptomises.

Sean shrugged with a smile. "Alright then. If anyone asks, I will answer them the way you do." He leaned on the wall and thought for a while. "Okay, I'll buy you a phone and then you can learn anything from it. You at least know how to send text and make a call right? Don't break the phone, don't ... even touch the bolt." He was slightly worried that Zack would try to take the phone apart on his first day. "And... if anyone wanted your name, what should I tell them?"

"You can get me a phone thst isn't working." Zack suggested. They were usually cheaper and then it wouldn't matter if he took it apart or not. He honestly couldn't promise not to tinker with a new phone. "They had phones and texting in my time although I was never good at text talk. But u think I can manage to figure out how to get a message to you if I need something. I don't see why you can't use my name. There is a Zack Campbell in this time. It is a common enough name."

Sean pointed to the phone Zack just repaired this morning. "You can use it, but we need to reset it and change the case. We can't have you looking into some other people's files. And the owner shouldn't saw you using the phone, so we're changing the case or putting something on it to cover the original case. I'll take care of it for a minute and it will ready to use when I have to leave." He looked to the clock and sighed, it's almost the time to go. "There was. The news says you're reported missing since ten years ago, and never to be found again. And since then, your rival have taken your golden days and he's the big boss now. You can't show up or he'll tell someone to kill you. Your existence is a threat for him."

"Of course I rest it. I wouldn't want to accidentally access someone else's information." Zack assured him. At least he thought he had reset it. It was really hard to know for sure. "If you think we should change how it looks we can. Honestly all the phones look the same to me. I know that I'm no longer in this time. But surely there is more then one Zack Campbell in the world. I could be a visiting student. But if you think that's too risky we can use an alias. Like... um.... Leonardo Turtle?"

Sean nodded. "It's good then." He shook his head. "You're quite famous in your golden days. There can't be someone who look alike with Zack Campbell and accidentally named Zack Campbell as well. Can't have your rival's minions coming to kill you. I suggest you shave your beard and cut your hair. At least get a new hairstyle. If you were to go out, you can't have people recognizing you as The Mysteriously Missing Scientist Zack Campbell. I'm going to bath now, wear your clothes and then we can go to buy you some things."

Status
Not open for further replies.