Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack picked up his plate and followed Sean. He was curious about the other man. He wondered what the younger man was studying. He could have asked. He even thought about it. But he decided that he had probably distracted Sean enough for one day. He could ask him about his schooling later. "What do I do while you are busy?" He asked. He doubted that the other man would want him tinkering while he was busy. And that was what he was likely to do if left to his own devices.

Sean turned his head to look at his new-found friend. "Up to you. Watching TV maybe, catching up and watch the news. Or you could watch movie, I have some DVD in the rack under the television." he answered as he opened the door to his room. "Oh yeah, the guest room is over there if you want to sleep," Sean said while pointing to a door at the opposite of his room. He walked in but didn't close his door completely, he open it a little bit so he could watch Zack and vice versa.

Sleep was the last thing on his mind. He headed to the TV. The news was a good suggestion. He should learn as much about this time as he could so that he could blend in better. But he had never been good at focusing on things like the news. It was way too detailed. He picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels. He figured that he could learn just as much this way as he could watching the news. Proapbaly since he would be exposed to different things about this time.

Sean watched as Zack followed his suggestion to watch the news. Even for just a few minutes. He chuckled lightly as Zack flipped through the channels, watching randomly. Maybe the news was 'too detailed' for him, and he couldn't be bothered to focus. Sean shook his head and start staring at his homework. He took out his textbook from his shelf and read the World War II section. He continued where he left off yesterday. His essay about World War II need to be turned in by tomorrow or his grade would be bad.

Zack had the attention span of a child. If something didn't catch his attention within five minutes he moved on. He learned a lot and not much at the same time. He got a feel for the music and movies of the times. TV shows hadn't changed that much. He looked over at Sean. He was curious what the younger man was doing. He went over and read over Sean's shoulder. "World War II. That is a interesting topic. Did you pick it or was it assigned?"

Sean was a little surprised when Zack read aloud over his shoulder. He didn't even hear the bulky man walked to his desk, let alone opening his door. "I pick it. My professor told us to write an essay about war so I picked this topic. It's easy make essay that is long and detailed. I could easily make my own version of World War II, not in fictional means." Sean answered. "Already bored with the television?" he teased. He still have Anthropology homework after this World History's work done, so he speed up his writing.

"I was curious what you were doing. I wont bother you." Zack promised. He didn't want to distract Sean. He had no idea how much the younger man had to do. He tried to remember the last report he had written. It had been long ago. Both literally and figuratively. He had graduate high school early and never bothered with college. He hadn't thought it was necessary to accomplish what he wanted to accomplished.

Sean shook his head with a smile. "No, it's alright. There's a little left. I think it will be done by tonight." He didn't lie, he have been working on it since three weeks ago. Doing it a little by a little. He just need to do the Conclusions and then the Closing Statement.
After 3 hours since Zack left him alone with his homework, Sean finally sighed in relief. He stood up and twisted his torso until he heard a satisfying crack. "Zack?" He wandered out of the room, checking if Zack is already asleep.

Zack spent some more time watching TV. But it wasn't long before he got bored with that. While it was interesting to see how things have changed it wasn't interesting enough to keep his attention long. Eventually he got up and roamed the apartment until he found some paper and a pencil. Then he sat down and started doodling. That was his he started most of his inventions by doodling while thinking about a problem. He spent hours drawing designs. He couldn't say what they were yet since he didn't have a solid idea. The steches were very detailed though. He didn't react to when Sean called out to him.

Sean cocked his head to side as he didn't hear any answer from his new roommate. Maybe he's asleep? Sean walked out of his room and locked the door before knocked and opened Zack's door. There's no one there. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before he heard scratched from the other room in his apartment. He cautiously walked to the source of the sound and there he found Zack doodling something. He was very focused though. Sean wondered what could make the scientist to be so focused. He walked up to him and poked his on his side. "Zack?"

Zack jumped when he felt the poke. He looked around wildly. "Oh. It's you. Sorry I didn't hear you. I was working on an invention. Well actually I was just doodling. That is usually how I start most of my inventions. I got bored. Are you done with your homework?" He asked as he straightened. He rubbed the back of his neck trying to ease the kink he had there. His hands were smudged with charcoal from the pencil. It rubbed off on his neck.

Sean nodded. "Yeah, done already. Just waiting for the printer to finish its work." Sean noticed the charcoal was smudged on his neck and took a hold of his hand to stop him. He chuckled and tried to wiped the charcoal off his neck using his thumb. "Hey, your hand is dirty. You-" He looked to Zack and was surprised to see Zack staring back at him and his hand. He quickly let go of Zack's hand and blushed lightly, but enough to show that he's embarrassed. "'I'm sorry!"

Zack froze when Sean too his hand. He forgot that his hand was covered with charcoal. It happened everytime he sketched.he never really thought about it. It washed off so he worried about it. He blushed as the younger man wiped at the mess he made on his neck. No one had fussed over him since his mother died. "It's alright I don't mind." he assured Sean honestly. He didn't mind the man's touch at all.

Sean bit his lip, unsure how to act towards Zack now. He nodded and his blush slowly dissipated as he scratched the back of his head in nervousness. "Um... how about you go and take a bath? I'm sure you haven't washed yourself since you arrived in this time." He half-wondered if back in his time Zack didn't have anyone to take care of him. He barely eat, forget to take a bath, and refusing sleep. He merely hoped that the man's health is fine.

Zack blinked at Sean. That wasn't something he had been expecting the other man to suggest. He thought about it. He honestly couldn't say when he had last taken a bath. Cleaning up wasn't high on his list of things to remember. "I honestly don't know when I took a bath last. I think it has been a couple of days. I will go do that. Thank you for everything Sean." He leaned forward and kissed the younger man on the cheek. Then he stood to his feet and headed to the bathroom.

A couple of days?! Sean's brain repeated the sentence. He honestly never heard anyone haven't take a bath in a couple of days. Well, unless that man is equal to the beggars on the street. Thank you for everything Sean, he heard the older man said. He open his mouth to reply with a 'your welcome' before he was frozen to his spot when Zack kissed his cheek. He blinked stupidly before feeling blush creeping up his neck. Panicked, he ran away to his room and locked the door. Dear God, is he losing his mind now? He could still feel the warmth Zack's lips left on his cheek. He briefly wondered what it would feel like if that lips were on his mou-NO! Stop. Thinking. Sean shook his head and try to clear his thoughts. Seriously, what the hell?!

Zack went to the bathroom. He wouldn't have thought of a shower on his own. Not until he started to stink. He sniffed himself. Nope he didn't smell that bad. He stripped down and climbed into the shower. He thought nothing of the kiss he gave Sean. Not because it wasn't important. But because it was a normal thing for him. As an orphan he had had learned to give affection freely. Some foster parents had taken care of that. But for the most part his free affection had kept him from getting hurt too badly. He stepped into the shower and started to scrub himself. As he washed he thought about the problem of going back. Current technology was different then he was used to. He was going to have to start tinker to see how things worked in this time.

Sean slumped down on the ground in front of his door. Feeling safe, he let go of the breath he didn't realize have been holding in. He tried to calm down his erratic heartbeats and sighed. Now he tried to think with a clear head. With how that person seems and how touchy-feely he is, Sean was sure that the earlier kiss was just a form of saying thank you, and no other intention. For him it's different though. His parents rarely kissed him, even on the forehead for a simple 'good night'. It was his nanny that sated his craving for attention and affection. Sean sighed, he really have to teach Zack about personal space next time, and not to be so touchy-feely with him. Sleep. He need to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Zack finished washing his hair. He turned off the water and dried off. His mind was on what to do next. He would need something to tinker with. But he didn't want to mess up anything of Sean's stuff. The younger man had been too kind to him. Which meant he needed to go somewhere else. The problem was that he didn't have any money. Well he did have money but it wasn't from this time. Which meant buying something was out. Luckily that wasn't enough to stop him. It was a situation that he had been in before. He got dressed and headed out of the apartment. He went to the dumpsters. Apartment buildings tended to be a treasure trove for dumpster divers. It only took a few minutes for him to find a broken gaget. He carried the radio upstairs and started to take it apart.

Sean tried to sleep. He really tried. But he just can't. His thoughts keep wondering back to the kiss earlier and to Zack. He wondered what's he looks like 10 years ago. He unconsciously touch the bump on his foot. The accident from 10 years ago played again inside his head. He was just a kid and his parents finally relent to but him a bike. He's too ecstatic and went everywhere on his beloved bike. Then he just ... careless, and a car had run over him. His foot was broken and his head bleed really bad but then he could feel strong arms scooped him up and bring him to the hospital before he completely blacked out. He always wondered who's his savior, but then again, the man was gone before he could even spoke to him.

((Timeskip. To tomorrow maybe?))

Status
Not open for further replies.