Transported to the IDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you guys know I did some research on the shinigami folklore and they have absolutlely no dealings in killing us extraterrestrials and they only oversee the death of a human. They do not cause death or kill people (So your scythe is a bit useless as a "Shinigami"). They lead us humans to the other side. And if one of us is dying supposedly we can see them. and if you meant Shikigami those are spirits summoned by witches and warlocks to serve their masters.

Just to let you guys know I did some research on the shinigami folklore and they have absolutlely no dealings in killing us extraterrestrials and they only oversee the death of a human. They do not cause death or kill people (So your scythe is a bit useless as a "Shinigami"). They lead us humans to the other side. And if one of us is dying supposedly we can see them. and if you meant Shikigami those are spirits summoned by witches and warlocks to serve their masters.

I know this, but do remember that the IDS is not just about our version of shinigami, even my own version like this exists in the IDS somewhere. Or any other imaginable version of them.
If I went and took the original version of shinigami that would be kinda boring.

Gotcha I was just saying so I didn't push limits but yes Shinigami cannot die unless their cut with their own blade. Or an instrument their soul is attached to breaks. I wouldn't attach your soul to the blade >:D Jinx might break it. Although you don't have to attach your soul to anything.

Gotcha I was just saying so I didn't push limits but yes Shinigami cannot die unless their cut with their own blade. Or an instrument their soul is attached to breaks.

Yeah, we actually know the story quite well, its just that the IDS is that one setting for pushing stories where you want.

That works a little differently in the IDS.

Like all those mythological creatures which lead/take your soul when you die Shinigami are underlings of Death. There exists a list of when people are supposed to die, but using various methods in the IDS one can both lead to someone ending up dead before their time OR escaping the time of death that appears on the so called "Death List".

So all those in the IDS which work under Death, Shinigami included, are expected to:
1. Handle a certain level of paperwork. The massive amount of deaths and those messing with the order of the "Death List" requires a massive bureaucracy. Some of Death's underlings never even go out of their offices due to being stuck with paperwork for practically infinity.
2. Be able to handle most mortals - for that the weapons they use has the ability to take a mortal's life while those working for Death themselves are immune to mortal weapons. By the way in the IDS a mortal is pretty much everyone. Exceptions are usually dangerously powerful and would be able to take on Death herself without the need for their immortality.
3. Learn a certain skill set useful for the massive organization lead by Death which has to handle the few googolplexes of death that occur in the IDS every freaking hour.

Sorry I only just posted my starter, I haven't really been in the roleplaying mood until today.

I just want to make sure this is still open before I do anything...

Put in a CS and we'll see

Name: Dylan
Surname: Flynn
Appearance: A long, lanky mess of arms and legs. He's awkwardly tall and skinny with too long fingers and green eyes. Instead of tanning, he freckles, so his pale skin is adorned with red freckles. The only place not covered with freckles is the top of his head, where instead of freckles, there is bright red hair that seems to have never met a brush.
History: In his universe, he is the result of a mad scientist intent on the quest to bring his wife beck from the dead. Well. The undead. A rebel group made up of the experiments made by this madman stole a train car full of their own kind, but his container tumbled out of the cart and down a mountain. Luckily, he made it out alive. His memories, sadly, did not. He woke up, lonely and immune until he met another survivor. They survived together for a year. Sadly, all good things must end, and he had to run. That's when he was transported to the IDS.
Abilities: He is immune to everything and anything. His stamina is almost unlimited and he can survive longer than the average human without food or water.
Skills: He can shoot a moving target on a good day. On other days, it's just luck.

Wait for gamer5 to give you the thumbs up now

The CS is accepted!

@Sol-Et-Luna get to the next part ASAP.

@GreatWest, @Captain Scrubz please post so I can move on with other characters.

@Nocturnia a post for the two of your characters which made it trough the gate would be nice to.

Name: Hibiki "Verniy"
Surname: Akatsuki Class
Appearance:
Konachan.com%20-%20184198%20aircraft%20animal%20bird%20boat%20d.b.spark%20gun%20hat%20hibiki_%28kancolle%29%20kantai_collection%20scarf%20seifuku%20snow%20thighhighs%20verniy_%28kancolle%29%20weapon.jpg

Also my avatar at the time of posting is Hibiki.
And yes, those are Russian Army Polar Bears.
History: More Wikipedia Articles
Abilities: She is armed with six 130 mm guns, seven 25 mm guns, six 12.7 mm machine guns, and six 533 mm torpedo tubes.
Skills: Besides being an skilled marksman like Inazuma, Hibiki is more adept at targeting underwater targets. Not to mention she can drink a lot more then Inazuma.

Now there is only @Captain Scrubz left to start posting.

@Sol-Et-Luna catch up as soon as possible OK?

@ShiroKiyoshi answer to my post directed at your characters so we can move on with the plot alright?

Don't worry, there is no need for to much haste. Just read up and write a post!

@ShiroKiyoshi that is why I said that you take time.

As I already stated the languages in the IDS are unknown to your characters. It was clearly stated twice. You can understand Gumo because he is speaking in your language! Also considering the technological level of the IDs do you think that a manual would be a book randomly laying around? Even if it were a book by some weird occurrence it would be put somewhere that the patients couldn't get to it easily. And it would be manuals on using the equipment at best with notes: "In a case of technical problem call the technical service." Followed by the technical service's number.
Your characters will also latter learn that there is only a few things that can fetch a high price: AntiMatter Crystals which are the basics of energy production in the IDS, Ancient Metallum a expensive to replicate extremely durable material (and it's magically & artificially enhanced version Power Metalum), Technology especially advanced technological apparatus like the one medical room, Information and Handcraft/Non-replicated luxury goods. So technological secrets would be protected with all might and would not lay out in manuals but hidden in protected databases in corporate or state centers.
So no manuals. You will be given some basic information soon. While I put up the my post I hope you can edit yours.

Well, I edited it. Sorry, Didn't mean to mess ya up.

Don't worry. That is why I as a understanding GM am here to point out what is not possible to happen even in a decently random place which is the IDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.