cartoline-dal-passato-super-metroid_h49q.png

<<:[System Rebooting]:>>
<<:[Restoring Online Connection]:>>

<<:[System Connection is Unstable]:>>
[Incoming Distress Signal]
[Co-ordinates Received]
<<:[Transmission Lost]:>>

Y e a r: 2997
On the edge of the 21st century, human kind has finally evolved far enough to become a space-faring species. But we were not alone. After scouring and colonizing our deserted solar system, mankind was capable of expanding outwards beyond our natural cradle.

They have been watching us since the dawn of our time. Lifeforms of all kinds quickly showed us that our form of space-faring technology was yet primitive in form--we stood no chance against possible hostile invaders in what is The Greater Known Universe.

Allegiances were formed, an a human cluster of sentient-made planets were gifted to all of mankind as welcome gift into our new gal galactic homestead.

Time moved in cycles and seasons. Existence flowers and blooms like multiple petals supported by the ones that came before it. A new era of mankind and their space-faring allies have dawned upon us.

<<:[Transmission Interrupted]:>>
<<:[Transmission Reconnected]:>>

The Ninth Universal War

Together we have managed to survive multiple wars and attacks against our enemies. There is still much that was damaged to be recovered. Together, our allies are rebuilding what is left of our universe together.

But something strange is happening within this planetary system. They call is "Ghost Calls". Ever since the truce and stand-still, we still pick up old distress signals deep in the corners of our universe. Urgent screams and distress calls that lead to nowhere..from no-one.

They're not dated.
They're not form anyone.
They don't lead anywhere.
All we have are mysterious co-ordinates.
All we have are cut up transmissions.
Old messages from soldiers long ago.
Hints..

<<:[END of MESSAGE]:>>
<<:[Transmission Lost]:>>

[Roleplay Summary]
I'm putting together a small space opera universe. Something atmospheric and retro-futuristic. It'd be cool to have some unique races, planetary systems, cultures, histories etc be intertwined with each other.

The basic summary of the RP goes like this:
Ever since the Ninth Universal War a strange phenomenon called "Ghost Calls" have been happening more and more frequently. These are strange calls from all sorts of senders. Soldiers, citizens, women, men, children, space-farers--you name it. Usually it begins with a distress call, a weak transmission, cut up series of messages and on-board glitches, and sometimes leaving with strange co-ordinates that lead to the hostile depths of space.

Something strange is happening and talk goes around that a "Third Cleansing" may be happening--an folklore ancient event set up by an ancient species known as "The Creators of the Known Universe" to continue a religious cycle of destruction, followed by creation.

Think of it as the great flood from the bible stories.
Where are these calls coming from?
What are our enemies up to?
It's a race to information and survival.

<<:[Translating]:>>
The First Races
The Jadha
An ancient race of Rodent resembling sentients responsible for mapping the originally Known Universe. As a species of psychic nomads, they held strong faith that every living creature in the universe is inherently sacred.
As a race of spiritual scientists, their capability to understand the nature around them spearheaded much of their quick advancement. Legend says their understanding of the fundamental basic components of primordial existence allowed them to discover the Equations of Life.

A series of mathematical equations that speak to the basic principles that create the fabric of reality so large in number that the Jadha required multiple temples to house its secrets. Temples so large, only forms of artificial life created from the Equations were capable of maintaining it.

When set in motion possessed the potential to create organic form by pure energy. By quickly advancing their technologies the Jadha became a space-faring species, forming new friendships with nearby Sage Races.
Yet strange prophecies plagues the Jadha. As the ancient parable goes:
"Life and death are of the same kind. Poison and death bring about healing and rebirth."

Despite the golden era at hand, the Jadha were flung into despair for their prophecies, often ignored by their allies as a religious sense of paranoia. Their question remained; How do we protect this good without inflicting evil?

Enter the Sentinel Gomads. An robot series built to explore the stars. The Sage Races built this series of travelling bots to scour the deep reaches of the universe, expanding the reach of the Sages' eternal influence among the stars.

But something within the living universe grumbled. Deep within the stars, an antithesis to the golden age of sages began to grew. And prophecy through evolution was set in motion. A sentient infection. A species evolved to deconstruct life. This was The Grotesque. The necessary evil spoken of in Jadha lore.

"By consuming the living we honor them. By absorbing them we become one with the universe and continue the cycle of sacred life."

Sentinel planetary satellite ships began vanishing by the millions. The lit up regions of the Universe slowly fell into darkness and squalor--with distress calls coming from all reaches of space. Immediately the Jadha began their paranoid search, and together with their Sage allies, created hordes of protective crusades to find and contain the horrid evil prophesied generations ago.

Millions of Sages died in their crusades--the organisms and lifeforms built were no match for the harsh poisons of invading Grotesque beasts. Hundreds of billions of parasites swarmed the cosmos, deforming and mutating the organic lifeforms around them into biblical levels of turmoil.

"By destroying Us you destroy Jadha"
Sentinel technology was quickly abandoned in favor of Organic Monitoring Systems, a form of super-computer created by the Light of the Engine far superior to what the Jadha had ever understood. A series of planetary satellites capable of maintaining and arranging themselves and their organisms. They had one task: end the war between the Sage Races.

With radiating light powered by the principles of The Engine, a galactic plague was contained to the far depths of the Known Universe, allowing much of the surviving Races to regain the lives they once had. Temples were restored. New Maps were made. And in the dawn of a new safe era, a new renaissance could begin with the knowledge gained from the First Universal War.

The Spiritual Renaissance

This new era began a Spiritual Renaissance for the Jadha. In the events of their intense guilt, the Jadha races became an isolated nomad society--renouncing their technological advancements and embracing a natural spiritual approach to life. With a simple, isolated lifestyle, the Jadha and their prophecies we kept private deep within their temples.

A new, far more dangerous spiritual technology brewed within the Jadha spiritual thought: the potential to cross dimensions with a secret function using mul<<:[Translation Interrupted]:>>

Although life they claimed were sacred--they manipulated reality in order to create living beings as their servants. The old Sentinals grew remorseful over their creators--having abandoned them to rust and decay ovr multiple centuries ago. Desperate to end their cycle of creation, the Jadha had vanished from popular galactic thought for ages to come.

With the Spiritual Renaissance also came a Grotesque Rebirth of cosmic disease. The grotesque hive-mind grew in number--absorbing the technological advancements left behind by the defeated sages and entering a reproduction cycle to twist and re-create the technology they had left behind.

The darkness of the universe became self-aware by absorbing the powerful minds and mathematical equations left behind by remnants of the Engine Relics, becoming more powerful and steeped in hatred as time moved on. Multiple planetary comets--spores filled with highly evolved plague--launched from the far depths of the universe, aided by the memories of defeated Jadha to re-locate their spiritual colonies.

By reconciling themselves with the natural universe the Jadha regained much of their civilization, returning to their nomadic roots by settling into small dispersed colonies within their own galactic system. Many young races were beginning to advance into a space-faring species and a new age of science, spirituality and technology gleamed over the horizon for the next coming era. The Universe was safe and growing at a rapid rate.

Within the next 7 centuries, the seeds of Grotesque had finally collided Jadha civilization as Ancient War Heroes crashed onto the spiritual cities, devouring the flesh and spirits of their descendants, absorbing their physical being and encasing their spirits somewhere within the nearest pocket dimension. The Grotesque became much more than an evolved form of population control--they became a spiritual eater of souls. With radiation mutating and forming whatever alien bio-structure it can create as host, a second arrival of total Grotesque domination was on the horizon.

With multiple distress calls being sent from all over The Universe, both young and races looked to the few remaining Jadha sages for their final advice. And the Sages turned to the world and said:

"Life and death are of the same kind. Poison and death bring about healing and rebirth."
In one fell swoop, The Engine of Life was to be re-activated for its final mission--a spiritual mission fit to serve the new views of the Jadha Renaissance. The Final Sage War raged on as Jadha technicians were protected by the last leg of the Universe, a collective team of young and Sage races hoarded around the host planet to The Engine of Life. Within a few months The Technicians were able to reprogram the core for a dual function. A code of processes to be repeated every few generations--a code whose fail-safe would only accessible through The Jadha Trials.

To cleanse the Universe by pure destruction.
To give birth to the Universe by pure light.

The 10th Cycle of Re-[bx20000]
<<:[Translation Corrupted]:>>
<<:[Reading Recovered Information]:>>
And thus, the Jadha and Sage Races had left the universe.
Deciding to raise farther up into the heavens as ancient onlookers, foreseers of The Universe.

The Jadha calendar states that The Known Universe is in its 10'th incarnation, the cycle having been activated 9 times before.

GM NOTE: Musical Theme for the RP

Last edited by a moderator:
-hides in the corner and watches- o.o

>3>
Hello there stranger.
Welcome to my RP concept idea interest check plot thing.
Hopefully this style of RP is well received.
Let me know if you're interested ^_^

PS.
Dun be skurd. You have a cookie now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
That is how I express interest :3

• Love
Reactions: Solar
Lore is complete.
Next: Current Events Spoiler
Current Day Plot
Races of Today
Imagery
Some General Locations
Rules, CS, Character Creation & Expectations ^_^

Forgive me for my abscence everyone. If youre still interested, this rp will be brought to life shortly.

Hi there, Just out of curiosity - is there any room on this boat left?

Also, you've noted some pretty awesome influences- though is this going to be more 'hard' sci-fi? How 'retro' do you mean? Are you thinking sci-fi from like the 80's (a-la Alien)?

Anyhow- regardless of what happens with the availability, I'll be stalking you guys ;P

Alright guys. It's finally time to re-inject the life into this RP concept. Full steam ahead.
@Spectre You're more than welcome to join us. This RP concept faded away a bit because I've been MIA recently.

1) Id like to note for those reading my RP explanation post, I know the Folklore files are lengthy. You don't need to read them to join the RP. They're just world-building babble I've created. The files are related to the plot. But not necessary for you RP-wise.

2) This sci-fi isn't very focused on scientific accuracy as much of a sense of realism and logic. I guess science fantasy is a better term?

3) The RP's retro style is very flexible. I want people to be comfortable with characters that operate 'primitive tech' like the Aliens' primitive-yet-advanced technology, but also not totally devoid of different types of father advanced tech. Basically, all sorts of eras of technology are colliding since Man isn't the only one in space. By retro, I mostly mean a return to the manual and mechanic do-it-yourself technology of retro-futurism. Things that crank, beep, groan and fail sometimes.

To say strictly retro for this RP would be incorrect. The highest value of the retro-futuristic style to me is the lonely, somewhat indifferent, dreamy, atmospheric vibe that it gives you...I hope that answers the question. xD

• Love
Pending Final Updates before Official Opening:

---> The Map of the Known Universe
---> Technology & Economics
---> The different races and their natural abilities
----> Plot Focus
---> Character Sheets

This is a lot to develop in a short time.
Since this RP has been a little slow to get running, I'd like to know whether or not there's any interest.
Please let me know if you're interested. General rule of thumb is that I only develop as support shows.

It's a three player minimum for me to get this rolling. Let me know by re-confirming!

Still lurking in my corner over here o-o

Good ^__^
That means only 2 more people remain to get me started!
Thanks for sticking round ;]

That leaves one more person before I can begin ^-^
I've placed an ad to circulate around as well. For anyone interested, comment below your interest!

Consider me interested as well.

You have my interest, but perhaps for the wrong reasons. I'm getting a gritty sci-fi vibe from the interest check. One where the setting will be cruel in an empty indifference way. That survival while vital to those involved is a small insignificant matter to the grand scheme of the universe and its higher forces. The most one shall get is to unravel the mysteries and be left to decide what to do because of them. A bit like Cthulhu or the SCP universe.

If that's what you have in mind then sign me up. If that is not the case then I'll just read from a far.

You have my interest, but perhaps for the wrong reasons. I'm getting a gritty sci-fi vibe from the interest check. One where the setting will be cruel in an empty indifference way. That survival while vital to those involved is a small insignificant matter to the grand scheme of the universe and its higher forces. The most one shall get is to unravel the mysteries and be left to decide what to do because of them. A bit like Cthulhu or the SCP universe.

If that's what you have in mind then sign me up. If that is not the case then I'll just read from a far.
This RP is mostly plot/character oriented as they interact with the world built around them. It's a bit of everything. While the universe itself is indifferent to all lifeforms and survival is vital especially for humans, it's not the entire focus.

I compare this RP to Christopher Columbus discovering the New World.
Discovering the lifeforms that existed long before you in a new, open indifferent world.
You have to rely on your manual gear--ships, maps, primitive tools to traverse the world.
Survival? Yes. Exploration, plot and discovering mysteries? Also yes.

RP will be open regardless. I've been a little slow because of some stuff I've been busy with in real life.

Reactions: Spectre
So I wound up here via your banner, but if this is still going ahead then you can register me as interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.