Transmetropolitan CHAPTER 1: STORMFRONT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about a Netrunner Rebel, if that's quite alright. More specifically, an infiltration hacker who specializes in on-site data retrieval, assassination, and bombings. Someone who's trouble.

Thinking about a Netrunner Rebel, if that's quite alright. More specifically, an infiltration hacker who specializes in on-site data retrieval, assassination, and bombings. Someone who's trouble.

That's all fine and well, I've no problem with it.

But do know that for the most part netrunner rebels are based in the UK, and organized ones are likely joined up with the group who are planning the attack on greenwich.

Those not in the uk were shipped off several years ago as traitors, shut down by emp and carted onto a one way sub to the other coast. they now reside in NYC slums, some have put their skills to good use, but most are part of the city's homeless.

I'll leave your part up to you, but most of us won't treat you very well, either because you're the enemy, or because they associate you with the bad part of town.

Don't take that as a warning or dissuasion, I'd love to see this kind of character in the game and how they'd affect the story, be they good or bad.

For all those involved, news has come to ear of a large netrunner front heading towards Militech HQ in greenwich. Corporate head Rudolph Dickerson has contacted local security firms and arms companies in regards to this event, an estimated 72 hours before they reach the area, however a small raid has already supplanted their power systems. a timed explosive is set up in an upper new york power plant, set to go off in roughly 24 hours, this will likely shut off power to the northern end of the city. the upper east and west included. Central park, maintained by a volunteer militia as a trade area will likely be unaffected as a majority of the tent and crate setups are without power to begin with. In-game time is almost totally irrelevant, but for the sake of consistency, we'll call 1 day ingame=1 week OOC.

Feel free to start making introduction/placement posts in the IC thread, don't be afraid to interact and have fun, all of these things make for great stories.
Going off of this, and assuming by Greenwich you mean Greenwich Village and not Greenwich, UK, I could have her as one of the operators in the area, perhaps a face responsible for the bombings?

Going off of this, and assuming by Greenwich you mean Greenwich Village and not Greenwich, UK, I could have her as one of the operators in the area, perhaps a face responsible for the bombings?
Again, if you so choose. I won't limit your choice of character, but I will warn you that I've made almost no preparations for netrunner-side characters once this first part is over.. if you're okay with that and will enjoy playing the other team, i won't stop you.

Also no, i meant Greenwich, CT.

but, close enough.

I finally tweaked the CS. Let me know how it is you goof. @Romdeaux

For our net runner rebel here, I'm going to try and keep SAM unbiased until given proper reason. So, SAM could be a compadre until the bomb incident comes up and the suspects are laid out. Then he'd be kind of unhappy with the rebellious ways. But that's up to you @VerbalAbuse

Last edited:
They call me _GreenerPastures_[ONLINE]
But In here, I'm
_Delilah Walker_
I've Roamed these streets for _28_ Years
Here's My Card

girl_17f0_by_zoonoid-d6cxt9p.jpg

I Swing To The _Pansexual Merry-go-Round_
I specialize in _Infiltration, Hacking, and Assassination_
I work for _the Netrunner Rebels_
My cold steel _includes a folding, silenced sniper rifle I keep in a box on the small of my back for assassination, a carbine I keep slung over my shoulder for lethal, close- to mid-range takedowns, and a sawn-off, semi-automatic shotgun I load with rocksalt for non-lethal incapacitation of non-target hostiles_
Here's how it goes _I grew up in Northern Ireland to a Japanese mother who I took after and an English father who I admired and followed. It isn't often you hear about an Englishman mingling with the Irish, but my father was easily comparable to Jonathan Swift, a man who felt no ill towards others based on where they come from - that, and in this world, nations are practically non-existant. What there are is corporations. Evil, greedy, corrupt. My father raised me well, and one of the ideas he put in my head is that greed divides and kills one's fellow men. I was taught to be giving when I could afford to, and that while the world owed me nothing, those in power should work to uplift the poor and invalid around me.

My parents educated me in language, maths, and technology. I am fluent in English, Japanese, Italian, Arabic, German, French, and Spanish, and my natural IQ is sufficient enough that I don't need my mods to hack. I learned that on my own, however. At first it was low-scale, I'd vandalize corporate websites and expose minor scandals, but nothing like I do now. My father cautioned me and he was right to, but it's too late to go back.

At age 14 I got into more illicit activities, stepping up my hacking, getting deeper and deeper into the corporate scandals, even getting involved at times. At 16 I devoted myself to activism, and I focused on uprooting the corporate corruption wherever I found it, and displaying it to the world.On my 18th birthday, there was an "accident." An explosion in my home led to the death of my parents and the loss of my arms. There was nothing left to bury of them and my right arm was amputated at the elbow, my left being amputated at the shoulder. I had expected to die as I faded out of consciousness.

I was rescued by the Netrunner Rebels because of my history in activism. They wanted my help. After I recovered from my amputations, they offered to fit me with cybernetics. Whether I liked them or not - and them having saved me, I'd taken a shine to them - I had no choice. Without those cybernetics, I had no chance at life, so I took them up on their offer. I was outfitted with neural mods, new arms, and later, enhancers in my calves. They trained me, first to use my new parts, and then to kill. These were skills I had to learn, as I'd come to understand that screaming just got people I loved killed. I'd need to strike back and with a vengeance, not for their memory, but for just desserts. I became an assassin, and unfortunately, a terrorist, to enact just change and avenge my family. Now, with the help of my neural mods, I'm a crackshot, can hit a target beyond drop distance on any rifle. With them and my calf mods, I could move quickly and silently, getting to impossible heights and becoming able to traverse areas unseen. I felt like... Like a superhuman at times. A superhero, even. I found my own abilities astonishing. There was a downside, however. I come to find out that in order to keep my mods light and easy to use, they lacked countermeasures against electromagnetic pulses, so my training finished with coping for loss of my cybernetics. I had to walk around without use of them to get what remained of my body used to their weight. It was difficult and I was helpless, I sometimes couldn't move. I was allowed to rest when I needed it, but I had to at least report every morning. My body grew strong and I was able to report every morning. Eventually I could move easily, so I was trained how to avoid hostiles while decommissioned. I was taught kick-based fighting styles I could use in case of confrontation. I was still vulnerable, but I was no longer helpless. I just had to get out of hostile territory and find my handler to reset my mods.

When I had completed training, I was given my rifle and carbine, and asked what I'd like to use as a sidearm. I took the rocksalt sawn-off and furthered my own training. I was only commissioned to do assassinations and infiltrations after turning 23, and have been the Netrunners' go-to infiltrator since. My many successes earned me a trip to America alongside a diversionary force to work my magic in New England. This is going to be a corporate bloodbath._
Additives _Her decommissioned fighting style is of course completely kick-based with violent flailing of the arms from her lack of control of them. Think Shun Akiyama from Yakuza 4 but with flailing arms. Kind of a godsend, really._

Last edited:
do you have flaws? shortcomings? things you can't do?

Am I good bbg?

Alright. Thanks mang(o).

Any news boss?

I still have to post. I just got abit busy with college. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Seems this is in danger of fading...

I'll get a post up tomorrow. Doom callers...

Any post? We really need it if we want this to keep rolling!

Fuck. I'm sorry. My Girlfriend got sick and I've been caught up with that. I'm really trying. I have about two paragraphs in on this so far, I'll try and get the rest done either tonight if I find time, or tomorrow.

I am not worried to much about you, my concern lies with the fact that @Romdeaux hasn't been on since the end of october and my character is kind of caught in a conversation with their character.

There, post is up. Let me know if you despise anything about it. I think my baked potatoes are burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.