Transmetropolitan CHAPTER 1: STORMFRONT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the dreaded block, any particular inspiration you need? I am totally fine with you hijacking Della if needed. I also don't helping out if you want a little banter between the characters.

I think we're just at a slow start, lol, we dont, have many, yknow?. Also my writers block is giving me trouble. any inspiration?
I'll get a post up today hopefully.

Well I'm working on a post, and it involved a bit of interaction with della. I think I might have her head into town to deliver her catch though, But I'm thinking of having that go AWOL and bring everyone together for a wee bit of front line action, whatever that may be. I just noticed everyone gravitating towards central park, as usual, and figured meetings were in order, at least once we get SAM in.

I've been thinking about a better backstory. I'll get it up when I can. I just have a fair bit of stuff to do as of recent.

I hope it isn't too late to join? Because I am excited

They call me Babydoll, Masky, Roller girl, Pigtails, take your pick [ONLINE]
But In here, I'm Himari Mori
I've Roamed these streets for 17 Years
Here's My Card
I Swing To The Nonexistent. Don't need romance.
I specialize in Getting your things anywhere they need to go. Don't need an explanation, just a message, package, and an address.
I work for Anyone who has money to give and something to send.
My cold steel My roller skates. They great for most terrains, and I have extra wheels for difficult situations in my backpack, and I can go fast. Faster than you probably think I can go. And I got a steel pipe, just for safety.
Here's how it goes My mother was into roller derby. Weird right? Most people don't see a roller derby match in their lives. It's not popular, it's kinda cultish, it's underground, but it's what I grew up in. A lotta druggies were into it, like my mom. And the black market stuff, that was pretty popular with that crowd. No one suspects a little girl, so my mom made extra money off of me, working for those antsy people needing their money. The word started to spread, my mom made money, sometimes the competitions got a little bit more popular, and I grew up rolling through the city with a package in my hand constantly. Of course, things got a little more complicated when my mom got more customers.

The motto of my mom's little underground business was this: No explanation needed! And boy, does that work. But of course, things that have secrets are usually dangerous to somebody, and if it was dangerous to somebody, it was dangerous to me. I got attacked a couple times, got held up a couple times, got my mom in trouble a lot of times. I had to learn how to fight some, I had to learn how to be even more secretive. Didn't work much, I guess. I got attacked and my package stolen, and my mom got shot on a route once, and I took over the business. That leads us here, I don't know how to do much else, but I know the ins and outs of this city. Got a secret to pass, but want nobody's eyes on it? Well, buddy, I'm a godsend.
Additives Don't touch my mask, sweets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it isn't too late to join? Because I am excited

They call me Babydoll, Masky, Roller girl, Pigtails, take your pick [ONLINE]
But In here, I'm Astro Cille
I've Roamed these streets for 17 Years
Here's My Card
I Swing To The Nonexistent. Don't need romance.
I specialize in Getting your things anywhere they need to go. Don't need an explanation, just a message, package, and an address.
I work for Anyone who has money to give and something to send.
My cold steel My roller skates. They great for most terrains, and I have extra wheels for difficult situations in my backpack, and I can go fast. Faster than you probably think I can go. And I got a steel pipe, just for safety.
Here's how it goes My mother was into roller derby. Weird right? Most people don't see a roller derby match in their lives. It's not popular, it's kinda cultish, it's underground, but it's what I grew up in. A lotta druggies were into it, like my mom. And the black market stuff, that was pretty popular with that crowd. No one suspects a little girl, so my mom made extra money off of me, working for those antsy people needing their money. The word started to spread, my mom made money, sometimes the competitions got a little bit more popular, and I grew up rolling through the city with a package in my hand constantly. Of course, things got a little more complicated when my mom got more customers.

The motto of my mom's little underground business was this: No explanation needed! And boy, does that work. But of course, things that have secrets are usually dangerous to somebody, and if it was dangerous to somebody, it was dangerous to me. I got attacked a couple times, got held up a couple times, got my mom in trouble a lot of times. I had to learn how to fight some, I had to learn how to be even more secretive. Didn't work much, I guess. I got attacked and my package stolen, and my mom got shot on a route once, and I took over the business. That leads us here, I don't know how to do much else, but I know the ins and outs of this city. Got a secret to pass, but want nobody's eyes on it? Well, buddy, I'm a godsend.
Additives Don't touch my mask, sweets.

I'll allow it, but if you mary sue me im gonna get all kinds of upset.

This is a risk im taking because i respect the art of roleplaying and i know that at times, character genesis can make things seem different than they actually are.

also, I'll need you to understand that according to the story you're giving me, your character is likely not the most socially experienced, and that may be your intention, but i like covering bases.

welcome to New York.

Oh, and one more condition, I might reccomend changing her name.

It's only been a few hundred years since present day, naming conventions haven't really changed.

And seeing as "Cillie" as a south african surname, has about a 1 in 6.6million chance of incidence in the US today, i just dont know if it's really representative...

but in all, it's minor, its up to you.

I can change her name!! And on the surname, I had originally wanted her to be black, but I was looking for something kind of specific and it was hard to find on a black girl. (I'm still going to change it, though.) I should also add, yes she's not socially experienced, and very rarely tries to talk at all. If it was okay with you, I was hoping to have a large deformation on the lower left part of her face (hence the masks and why it is difficult for her to speak not only mentally but physically.) Also, I wanted to give more explanation on her fighting skill, she could probably go up against someone her size. She is not that good, at best, she's average.​

Another smuggler I see! Well Della might just feel she has a bit of competition to compete against!

Oh, that'd be fun!! Though if they were doing trash talk, it'd probably have to be online.

Well that is not a huge problem as Della pretty much only talks with other smugglers through the chat. It can be dangerous it be caught in groups together. But don't count on to much trash talk! Della is over ten years Himari's senior.

I can change her name!! And on the surname, I had originally wanted her to be black, but I was looking for something kind of specific and it was hard to find on a black girl. (I'm still going to change it, though.) I should also add, yes she's not socially experienced, and very rarely tries to talk at all. If it was okay with you, I was hoping to have a large deformation on the lower left part of her face (hence the masks and why it is difficult for her to speak not only mentally but physically.) Also, I wanted to give more explanation on her fighting skill, she could probably go up against someone her size. She is not that good, at best, she's average.​

That's absolutely fine.

yknow what would make readers jump?

A backstory.

Injuries are special. but injuries with backstory are important.

Is it radioactive?

Did someone send her out into the wastes without protection?

a delivery gone wrong??

That's absolutely fine.

yknow what would make readers jump?

A backstory.

Injuries are special. but injuries with backstory are important.

Is it radioactive?

Did someone send her out into the wastes without protection?

a delivery gone wrong??

Also, since the name change, I'm going to advise something extremely meta. Make sure she can speak Japanese, fluently.

There are enough asian immigrants here to warrant that she'd have proper practice, and a shovey mother like hers would probably enforce bilinguistics at an early age.

Im just saying.

you don't have to or anything.

But.

it'll be usefull...

The hype intensifies, eh? ^^

Also, since the name change, I'm going to advise something extremely meta. Make sure she can speak Japanese, fluently.

There are enough asian immigrants here to warrant that she'd have proper practice, and a shovey mother like hers would probably enforce bilinguistics at an early age.

Im just saying.

you don't have to or anything.

But.

it'll be usefull...
The only thing about her speaking Japanese fluently is I don't know if it would fit with her mother. Her mother mostly cared for money, integrating into society, and roller skating. She seems like someone who'd want her daughter to speak be very fluent in English so she could interact for the delivery business, etc. But I guess if she's an immigrant it would be her first language, and she'd be more comfortable speaking it than English.

And for the deformation, there is a backstory (Actually, it's a delivery gone wrong.) Do you want me to put the backstory here or reveal it in the story?

1. feel free to reveal it throughout the rp, i know it can be too much to just add every little thing.

As for the japanese...

Don't feel forced if it doesn't fit. your character comes before metagaming needs. lol.

Besides, that wont be relevant for a while anyway.

I would post away, keep the momentum up!

yis doit
doit doit doit.

I've almost got my post wrung out of my brain.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!! Can't wait to see the posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.