Transmetropolitan CHAPTER 1: STORMFRONT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I wasn't sure how to give the illusion of a chat setup, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Reply in the works, on the way for tuesday.

Ugh. Really sorry guys and gals. This was supposed to be my week off. I have time to post though. Am I still able to make a CS abd hop in?

We haven't gotten very far so I would say you are good to go with creating a cs and jumping in. Then again I am not the GM so don't take my word as law.

obv you an twist. not even an issue

steady pace, nobody's even done a second post yet. lol

Yar . Unless that reply goes as planned.

Regular SAM

They call me TwistedPainter[ONLINE]

But In here, I'm
SAM

I've Roamed these streets for 26 and one half Years

Identfication [spoili]Damn son.jpg[/spoili]

I Swing To The Intellectual side. I am a robot. I don't reproduce. I just have close friends.

I specialize in Oh my... Well. I won't keep you here for long... So let's just say Assassinating unjust people. I hate that word. I kill, very well. Not to bathe in blood. But so that wrongful beings can't bathe in it themselves. You do it because you want to, I do it because I'm programmed to.

I work for I used to work for the club. Now I'm just a drifter.

My cold steel Cold steel. It's always so awful. Warm it slightly at least you monster... I carry a high frequency Muramasa. Once owned by someone close to me. A sword capable if cutting through most metals and other materials. It releases high frequency sonar waves upon contact to pierce through what's being cut. This ends up making some things easy enough to cut that they may as well be butter. Particularly deadly to humans as one good slice could separate the torso from the legs. It's not a weapon of slaughter. But a blade of law. Of justice.

Here's how it goes SAM started his life in a research lab. Everything about him was made so that he'd be above a human in whatever way that could be possible. Combat would be no different. One of the most experienced and deadly soldiers, Samuel R. volunteered as the combat model for SAM. SAM got his name, of course, from his combat model and mentor Samuel. Finally SAM's Senses flickered online as a sword was thrust into his hands.

He was immediately deployed onto the battlefield with his mentor Samuel. The two of them were unstoppable. Reducing even the most armored of soldiers and vehicles to slices of their former selves in mere seconds. They were an exceptionally deadly team. Several missions followed. Each one more successful than the last. The enemy realized the potential of this robot. SAM became a target, one that needed to be captured. No matter what the cost. Eventually the enemy found out about Samuel. They promised him all the money he could ever want or need... And more.

This easily grabbed Samuel's attention. Upon accepting the offer, he went on a mission with SAM. His idea; damage SAM enough until his emergency trauma lock down kicks in. Once the robot was knocked out, going to exchange him for money would be MUCH easier. The issue was... SAM was just as good if not a slight bit worse than Samuel. SAM was able to keep himself unscathed long enough to manage a call for help. The extraction team found SAM, but not Samuel. SAM refused to tell about what happened. He still had respect for Samuel. Just questioned his morals. SAM was shaken after the fight with his mentor whom he had grown so close to. He quit the military, the military was going to get rid of SAM anyway out of fear for having their super machine turned against them. With several years of service under his belt. SAM got sold to the highest bidder seeing as he was no longer of any use to the military.

Cue the Lemon Pop Nightclub. SAM loved this place. He was a really intimidating bouncer for a while, until one night a group of rather aesthetically pleasing women convinced him to DJ. SAM did, he was very good at it. He began doing it full time for the club and became his own pop culture icon. Hardly any people DIDN'T know SAM. He was that one DJing robot! Something happened though, and SAM got let off maybe expenses were high..? Now SAM just wanders the streets, a hollow AI, there in case someone would ever need him.

SAM got let off from the military for more than under-performing. SAM hated the unjust killing. It bears it's mental/cybernetic scars on him. He just couldn't do it without a reason. SAM is almost always sad now. He longs for friends. or maybe his job back. Pipe dreams. For now he walks the streets and sits under bridges with the homeless crowd. His purpose as a robot is being unfulfilled, because SAM never wants it to be. A machine of slaughter and death, why not a lawful hero?

Additives I hate politicians. (godsend, we still doing that?)

Melancholy SAM

Last edited by a moderator:
There. let me know how that is, if there is anything wrong, stupid, too short, too long, etc. LET ME KNOW. This counts for everybody.

It's also 1:37am when I finished typing this. I'm not thinking straight.

There. let me know how that is, if there is anything wrong, stupid, too short, too long, etc. LET ME KNOW. This counts for everybody.

It's also 1:37am when I finished typing this. I'm not thinking straight.
because i love your character and music and story so much im gonna rip into you.

Pleaseee add some more about how he came to ackquire his independance, and more importantly, his autonomy.

No military installation willingly programs a robot with fully autonomous free thinking and a predisposition to assassinate.

i really want a nice chunk for this though, like. tell us about it, really. dont just "technical flaws made him free" i want a storyy babbyyt~

doit for OP.

doit.

• Love
Reactions: Twisted
Awesome. thanks. I've been making small tweaks here and there. i kinda thought the story needed more meat. I'll get on that. (OPIZUHPHEG -crappy4chanuser#30065)

im drunk
\

WHAT S THAT >"OPIZUHPHEG -crappy4chanuser#30065" i gotta know

Reactions: Twisted
*ahem*

It's a shitty over used thing on 4chan. "OP is a fag" is commonly used to show how much of dick you can be in one sentence. 4chan never ceases to disappoint me.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GET IT

i was likeee

"Crappy chauncer wut?

y so many letters dood? OPENHEIMER whut?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Whatcha guys up to?

Studying, I get the weekend to myself so I'll be able to post tomorrow

Spending what little time I have twiddling my thumbs and peeking into the threads I subscribed to ^^

Haha no worries, I was just worried that we might be loosing steam. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store!

I think we're just at a slow start, lol, we dont, have many, yknow?. Also my writers block is giving me trouble. any inspiration?

Status
Not open for further replies.