28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Okay so here is a roleplay idea I've come up with. So a group of high schoolers or young adults are each chosen by an Angel. They gain a piece of gold jewelry and can use it to Transcend into an Angelic form. These Transcenders fights demons that enter into the mortal plain through a Hellgate. Demons are ranked 1-5 signifying their power. Transcenders gain special abilities from the Angels that choose them. In their company is the Angel that gave them their powers in a smaller form. The shrunken Angel's job is to keep their chosen Transcender on the right path and to continue doing their job.

Transcenders are lead by one of the only Angels capable of retaining their form on Earth, Gabriel. He is an Archangel and is rarely seen in person by the Transcenders. He informs the Transcenders through their Angels of coming threats that need to be stopped. He rarely fights unless something only he can stop appears, Something 5 or beyond.

Heaven, Hell and mortal realm: The 3 realms that exist which are Heaven, the realm of Angels and The Creator of Angel and Human life, God. Below that realm is the mortal realm full of mortal beings, the favored beings of The Creator. Below that realm is Hell, the realm of Demons and home to The Corrupter and Father of Demons, The Devil.

Angels: Celestial beings from a higher realm know as Heaven. On Earth, they lend their power to a human and transform them into a Transcender. The Archangel Micheal will act as the handler for The Transcender and keep them updated on events.

Transcenders: A Human using the power of an Angel in the form of a golden piece of jewelry becomes a Transcender. They are tasked with defending the mortal realm from Demons. Transcenders are endowed with superhuman bodies, a pair of wings allowing flight, A weapon, and a unique ability received from their Angel.

Demons: A pale reflection of Angels born from the blood of The Corrupter. They range from very weak to wildly powerful. Demons are usually inclined to do what is morally wrong, selfish, violent and evil. Like Angels they can't be seen by normal mortal eyes and are perceived as shadows. They can possess people and some can manifest a human form which can be perceived by normal humans. The weaker the Demon more likely to possess a Human or animal. They can also inhabit inanimate objects such as swords, lamps, vases and even houses.

Hellgates: The doors that allow Demons to enter the mortal world and exit. They range from the size of a manhole to the size of buildings which would be extremely rare and unlikely. Destroying a Hellgate sense the Demon that emerge from it back to Hell immediately.

City Of Astrum: A city in Nevada where this roleplay is set. It is the equivalent of Las Vegas and the perfect place for Demons to come. Full of weak souls and misguided people. A night the city shines bright and is truly alive as debauchery begins. If you came here looking for Gambling, drinking, whore and drugs you came to the right place.

Anyone interested? I'm open to ideas and question as well.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. One question, though -- obviously we'll be playing the Transcenders, but what about the "shrunken angels" that accompany them? Will they be at our characters' sides at all times? And if so, who plays them? Will we all be playing a Transcender and their companion angel, or will those be played by you?

• Thank You
Reactions: Cush Almighty
The shrunken angel can pop up at anytime but you are able to banish your angel if you wish not to be bothered. Yes you will be in control of your angle. I can take control of them if need be.

Anyone else interested? Come on, classic Angels Vs Demons roleplay. What's not to love? Is more description needed to draw some interest?

Anyone else interested? Come on, classic Angels Vs Demons roleplay. What's not to love? Is more description needed to draw some interest?
Well, I don't know if anyone else shares this concern, but one thing I was worried about is that having these mini-angel companions... is kind of hard to do from an RP perspective. If they're controlled by the players, then that means that anytime a character is talking to their companion angel, they're just roleplaying with themselves... which really isn't good for keeping an RP going, since the life-blood of an RP (especially a group RP) is players interacting with each other, not themselves. Also, if the mini-angels' job is to help our characters along and keep them on-track, then it would make a lot more sense for them to be controlled by the GM -- but I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to juggle so many characters. o_o" Really, it just seems difficult to make work no matter how you slice it.

Assuming that all of our characters are going to be working as a team, I think it would make more sense to just have one GM-controlled angel whose job it is to help out the players, rather than giving everyone a mini-angel.

Just my two cents, though. I don't know if that's what was making anyone else shy away from the RP, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Okay I b see where you're coming from. I wasnt to sure on the shrunken angels in the first place.

Well, I don't know if anyone else shares this concern, but one thing I was worried about is that having these mini-angel companions... is kind of hard to do from an RP perspective. If they're controlled by the players, then that means that anytime a character is talking to their companion angel, they're just roleplaying with themselves... which really isn't good for keeping an RP going, since the life-blood of an RP (especially a group RP) is players interacting with each other, not themselves. Also, if the mini-angels' job is to help our characters along and keep them on-track, then it would make a lot more sense for them to be controlled by the GM -- but I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to juggle so many characters. o_o" Really, it just seems difficult to make work no matter how you slice it.

Assuming that all of our characters are going to be working as a team, I think it would make more sense to just have one GM-controlled angel whose job it is to help out the players, rather than giving everyone a mini-angel.

Just my two cents, though. I don't know if that's what was making anyone else shy away from the RP, but I figured I'd put it out there.

I disagree with you Kaga. This is all about moderation. And the maturity of the players. I have RPd Symbiotes before, and they often have their own personalities and talk to their host. I really only do it when no other characters are around me, and there is honestly no one else to interact with.

As for the RP itself;

I am tentatively interested. The RP title makes my immature side giggle a little.

I disagree with you Kaga. This is all about moderation. And the maturity of the players. I have RPd Symbiotes before, and they often have their own personalities and talk to their host. I really only do it when no other characters are around me, and there is honestly no one else to interact with.
:/ I really don't see what maturity has to do with it. Even if you only interact with your angel partner when no one else is around, the point remains that you're still basically writing out a scene by yourself instead of seeking out interactions with other players. And since a flow of interactions is sort of the lifeblood of an RP, interacting with yourself really doesn't do much to keep the RP going -- unless your scene somehow provides information that is useful to other players, which is why a GM can write a post that technically doesn't create any interactions while still adding to the roleplay, but if it's just something that's going to only affect your character, then... yeah, it isn't a big help to have around.

I agree that moderation is a big part of it, and that an occasional non-interactive post thrown in for flavor is ok -- but if these angel partners are supposed to play a big part in the RP, then... it's kind of hard to make self-interaction posts only as little as possible.

And besides, there's still the concern about how it sounds like these mini-angels would be giving our characters information that would make more sense to come from a GM -- hence why I think it's just more straight-forward to have the GM play a single character that can give info to the player characters and keep the plot on-track.

:/ I really don't see what maturity has to do with it. Even if you only interact with your angel partner when no one else is around, the point remains that you're still basically writing out a scene by yourself instead of seeking out interactions with other players. And since a flow of interactions is sort of the lifeblood of an RP, interacting with yourself really doesn't do much to keep the RP going -- unless your scene somehow provides information that is useful to other players, which is why a GM can write a post that technically doesn't create any interactions while still adding to the roleplay, but if it's just something that's going to only affect your character, then... yeah, it isn't a big help to have around.

I agree that moderation is a big part of it, and that an occasional non-interactive post thrown in for flavor is ok -- but if these angel partners are supposed to play a big part in the RP, then... it's kind of hard to make self-interaction posts only as little as possible.

And besides, there's still the concern about how it sounds like these mini-angels would be giving our characters information that would make more sense to come from a GM -- hence why I think it's just more straight-forward to have the GM play a single character that can give info to the player characters and keep the plot on-track.

I suppose.

But I also see it as limiting the creativity of the members as well. And giving them a greater sense of being involved in the story.

I suppose.

But I also see it as limiting the creativity of the members as well. And giving them a greater sense of being involved in the story.
Personally, I'd have no idea what to do with my own mini-angel companion, so I really wouldn't be too upset by that particular creative freedom being taken away from me. It seems like the GM would have to have some control over the lore of how this all works, and if the players all create different mini-angels based on their own understanding of the lore, then I feel like things could get a bit confusing. Plus, like I said, the mini-angels are supposed to keep the transcenders on-track with their missions -- so how are we, the players, supposed to control the mini-angels doing that if the missions are all coming from the GM? Like I said, I'd feel completely lost playing my mini-angel, for that exact reason.

In any case -- if it were my RP, then I'd be really cautious about creating an RP that centers around self-interaction, because, like I said, I think having that activity flow is the lifeblood of the RP, and that encouraging players to self-interact on a regular basis isn't a good idea. But, it's not my RP, so, it's up to the GM to decide what they want to prioritize.

Personally, I'd have no idea what to do with my own mini-angel companion, so I really wouldn't be too upset by that particular creative freedom being taken away from me. It seems like the GM would have to have some control over the lore of how this all works, and if the players all create different mini-angels based on their own understanding of the lore, then I feel like things could get a bit confusing. Plus, like I said, the mini-angels are supposed to keep the transcenders on-track with their missions -- so how are we, the players, supposed to control the mini-angels doing that if the missions are all coming from the GM? Like I said, I'd feel completely lost playing my mini-angel, for that exact reason.

In any case -- if it were my RP, then I'd be really cautious about creating an RP that centers around self-interaction, because, like I said, I think having that activity flow is the lifeblood of the RP, and that encouraging players to self-interact on a regular basis isn't a good idea. But, it's not my RP, so, it's up to the GM to decide what they want to prioritize.

No I gotchu.

Status
Not open for further replies.