Trans

She glances away awkwardly and ripped small pieces of the paper bag her lunch was in. "Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't. You just think I'm probably new to this whole thing."

She sighs. "I don't think you're new. It's just, being an adult is a whole other ball game. At least in my opinion. No amount of high school training can prepare us for working like a dog till we die." She mumbled quickly and pushes the bag away. "But any way, how long have you been doing it? Um, being a boy I mean. Or, er, I guess it would be more appropriate to use the proper tone? Sorry, uh.." Emily frowns at herself, her social skills being rusty from avoiding people.

"How long?" He sort of laughed.
"You just know...that the sex you were born with doesn't really match up." He said.

She nods slowly and pushes up her glasses so they sit better in her nose. "I guess I can understand that. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century since everyone is so... Restricted. They're never open minded or creative."

"Wrong century? Compared to others this the most free." He scoffed again.

She smiles slightly. "I meant I should've been born in the future. Since we keep 'improving' and 'reforming' the future seemed to be more open minded to me." She sighs and rubs the back of her head. "But then again, it could be worse. People also get more pissed when we grant freedom to others that we could end up with some stupid huge ass riot or another war or something." She grabs her lunch bag and shoves it in to her school bag.

"Yeah...hopefully I'll be dead by then." He smiled.

She stirs a little and glances around at the other students, then back at him. "Um, I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I mean, I'm usually gone and at the library by now. Don't you usually have people you eat lunch with? Not to be rude or anything, I'm just not use to talking to someone for so long unless it's a teacher or a counseler." She gave a weak, awkward smile.

"Me too." He sighed.
"I don't have much friends."

Emily glances towards him. "Well... Do you like your lunch? What did they serve in the cafeteria today?"

"I didn't eat." He said.
"It's disgusting."

She chuckles a little. "True. That's why I bring some from home." She smiles awkwardly again.

"Can I hang out with you for a whole?"

Emily nods a little. "Sure, I could use a little company myself."

Charles smiled.
As they went into the library,he found himself a seat and a table to do some of his homework.

Emily went straight towards the rows of books, looking through them. She took a book of the shelf and moved on to another row, looking through them all over again.

"There's a party going on," he mumbled as he finished one paper.

She glances to him, confused, then walked towards the check out table with three books in her arms. "A party?"