Traits: Which one do you hold that matters most to you?

If you had to choose, which trait package would you collect, and why? (involves one negative trait!)

• Intellect, reasoning, social anxiety

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Kind, Loving, gullible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loyal, Strong, a little dense

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Determined, just, arrogant

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
So, we all have traits about our personalities that we dislike, and like the most, ones that others notice more, and some that people don't. My question(s) are/is:

What would you say are your best traits?

What would you say are/is your worst trait(s)?

What are a couple traits others notice about you first?

What are some traits nobody else but you see?

I thought this would be a great discussion. I will post mine later, but right now I'm really interested in seeing what all of you have to say.

• Love
Reactions: Diana
- I think before I act
- I'm cooperative
- I'm self-disciplined
- I'm responsible
- I'm very friendly :)
- I am tolerant

- I'm pessimistic
- I'm a coward
- I get jealous easily
- I get threatened by change
- I feel like I need other people's approval
- I'm TOO sensitive

- I'm aloof
- I'm awkward and shy
- I seem gloomy
- I'm just the right balance of mature and immature

- My creativity is amazing
- I'm motherly (Even before I had a baby!)
- I'm very compassionate
*More than just I see this, though. My boyfriend knows me on the same level that I know myself. :3

Reactions: 2 people
Pointing out shitty behavior when it happens.

Insistently pointing out shitty behavior.

Callously pointing out shitty behavior.

Reveling and taking delight in pointing out and then engaging in shitty behavior.

~Friendly
~Intelligent
~Curious
~Open-minded

~Gullible
~Vain
~Impulsive
~Habitual liar

~Charming/Charismatic
~Considerate
~Naive/Simple (of mind)
~Talkative

~Dreamer (You can always catch me fantasizing about something or lost in daydreams)
~Knowledge seeker
~Sympathetic to people
~Spendthrift (Oh my god, it's like money's so hot it burns a hole in my pocket so I spend it FAST.)
~Incredibly indecisive
~Apathetic to activities

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hopeful. No matter the situation, I am always hoping for the best possible outcome.
I have faith. Not in a religious sense, but in the sense that I know things will be okay if I believe they will.
I listen to people. Whether they are ranting, chirping, questioning, correcting, etc. I will let them say everything they need to say, and really listen.
I have dreams. Always. No matter how much I accomplish or fail, I will always have dreams and goals I want to fulfill.

I procrastinate and make excuses. There's so many things I need to get done, but I'll put it off, and off, and off.
I hate confrontation to the point that sometimes I don't manage a situation the way I should, or stick up for myself when I should.
I care too much about other people's opinions about me. I TRY not to, and to balance those feelings, but sometimes I can't help it.
I can be stubborn and unmoving. If someone does something that breaks my strange laws of trust I will remember it forever, and I may never forgive you.

People say that I am nice and friendly and that it surprises them how easy I am to interact with. (this surprises me too. >>;)
People say that I energetic and motivating because I make people WANT to do things, help, participate, exist, etc.
People say that I am childish and immature because I don't behave like a "normal" 31 year old woman.
People say that I am self righteous and judgmental because I have very strong opinions about things and am over-zealous about sharing them.

I am smarter than I look and behave. I don't act like a space case on purpose, I ditz out and act silly, and brain blank really bad all for reasons from trying to lighten the atmosphere of a room, to my own social anxiety. And MOST people don't see that immediately, cause I am self-defacing, and don't try to prove I am smart. (Cause that is just asking for someone to step up and make you look like a moron. >>;;)

I am incredibly insecure about EVERYTHING, outside of my social anxiety, people see me running around being confident about myself and what I'm doing. That is me trying to fake it until I make it. I am insecure about my looks, my friendships, my admining, my art, my writing, my opinions, my EVERYTHING. It's always a constant battle in the back of my head not to get paranoid and think I am hated, being judged, stared at, ignored, etc, etc. o_o;

Well, here's mine. Though I am not quite as entertaining as you fine folks.

-I am loyal to the core. I do not believe is deceiving people or befriending them to use them. Whether my friend is wronged me horridly or not, I am a very loyal person.
-I live with good humour, and a sense of self. I don't bother with what others think of me much because I am confidant.
-I am a good listener and advice giver as far as real life situations go
-I am strong. Not many things bother me.
-I can relate to many people.
-I am sensitive

-I am incredibly vulgar and very, very rude a great deal of the time. Sarcasm is my native language.
-I have mood swing issues from hell
-I'm most of the time insensitive to other's feelings
-I have anti-social issues that cause me to be awkward
-My sense of humour is morbid (I posted a picture of a stuffed dog on my Facebook that was holding an 'I'm dead' sign and many people sent me hatemail as if I were the one that killed it and stuffed it)
-I have no filter
-I am annoying
-I'm also an antagonist
-I'm arrogant
-Self centered
-Egotistical
-Pratt

-My loyalty to my friends
-Once you get passed my self centered bullshit, I'm a pretty nice guy (but handle in small portions)
-I'm skeptical of any claim to: fame, religious happening, superstitious acts, scientific claims without sources to site, people.
-I'm smart yet dense

-I'm very intelligent. I can do mathematical equations that are seen on chalk boards in my head, yet I can't seem to prove it.
-I'm a dreamer; I want to do so many things in life and I love it, yet part of me screams to die.
-I can't show anger or sorrow, though I can write/type it out damn well.
-Pulling pranks is my way of telling people to either lighten up, or that you've irked me

Lucky. I'm ranking this highest because it's something totally out of my control. I don't really believe in luck, nevertheless, I get a lot of good things for very little effort. I can sit next to a guy on a train and BOOM, best friends. Randomly pick a restaurant? Best meal of my life. Decide to go wandering through a neighborhood or take a hike? See something really cool EVERY TIME. Dollar short when I get to the register? Someone covers me. Every damn time, pretty much.
Good memory. I'm not gonna say it's excellent, but when combined with the next trait, it's pretty awesome.
Thirst for knowledge. I want to know EVERYTHING, and I'll work to get it. I can read wikipedia for hours, find my biology book a good way to pass the time, and often multitask so I can input more information. Not all of it is useful, but goddamn, I know a shitton of stuff and I'm only seventeen. I can't imagine how massive my mental library is going to be by the time I'm thirty.
Creativity. I'm pretty good at thinking outside the box.
Organization. I'm very good at keeping the shit that needs to be straight in perfect order.
Courage. I can get scared, but I'm very good at just taking a deep breath and... I don't know... caging that fear? I can overcome any amount of fright through mental fortitude. Unfortunately, the walling-off method only works with fear.

Arrogant. I know I'm fucking good at stuff, and I don't pretend like I'm not. In my defense, this trait only applies to things I'm actually good at.
Filter problems. Really, I don't like using it. I like hearing and sharing almost everything.
I pretty much always get my way. I try not to be mean about it, but I'm a manipulative, cunning, and strong-willed person. Also an only child. (I'd like to think that my way is the best way)
Unathletic. I'm kinda wimpy. Strength is pretty decent, but I'm not a good runner or am I very good at any sport.
Nosy. I want to know everything, after all.

Now, I'm not sure where to categorize the last one, but I'm an awesome LIAR.
I'm good because I do it very rarely and I share so much that everyone just assumes I always tell the truth, uncensored. I almost never use lies at anyone else's expense, and don't collect any big gains from them. It's very useful, but lies are usually considered negative so... idk, man. I just know that when I want to, I'm one Hell of a liar.

Intellect. ROTC calls me wiki, short for wikipedia. It doesn't take long to figure out I'm a nerd.
Ambition/leadership. I don't think this one is really correct, but I seem to meet a lot of new people in situations where I'm either in charge, or they ask me about my future in the first few moments. I know what I want to do in school, and I can boss people around when I need to (though I don't really enjoy it). This gives people the impression that I'm a shaker-and-mover. Hmph.
Manners. Probably seems ironic with my filter problems, but I'm quite good with courtesies and being polite.

Non-nurturing. It isn't the sort of thing that other people notice, but I've got none of those motherly traits. I'm a child hater. c:
Non-romantic. My boyfriend is, so I'll return the favor to him sometimes, but I think a lot of people will never know that I enjoy playing video games in my boxers as a date.
Wanderstruck. I want to travel. I want to see the world, meet new people, see the famous places... I don't have the opportunity to, and I don't go around telling people, but I love travelling. So much. I don't like being tied down.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Saw this here and decided to give it a whirl.

What would you say are your best traits?- The ability to switch into different personalities for different people.
- The fact that I am a good listener.
- 95% of my focus is on the positive side of people.
- I am very nice / welcoming.
- I am a great liar.

- I am too nice, which often renders me in last place for a lot of things.
- I predict nearly everything in the future to work against me in some way, shape or form eventually.
- I am a clear coward.
- I have a mind of a killer in the making.
- I am a great liar.
What are a couple traits others notice about you first? - I could come off as being very sociable, or have a lot of friends, and little to no enemies.
- I have a very.. unique sense of humor.
- I can seem very ignorant about things that may or may not be common knowledge.

- After two or three fairly length conversations, it's easy to read people.
- Dead people.
- There are now so many different personalities of mine, that I forgot my original.
- In real life, I portray myself as being a lot dumber than what I actually am.