3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
An appreciation thread <3

AGH I LOVE TRAIN

Omg thats such one of my favourites. Calling all Angels and Drops of Jupiter were anthems of my growing up <3

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Omg thats such one of my favourites. Calling all Angels and Drops of Jupiter were anthems of my growing up <3
OH MY GOSH YESSSS <3

THOSE ARE PROBABLY MY TWO FAVORITE SONGS BY THEM. HNNG

OH MY GOSH YESSSS <3

THOSE ARE PROBABLY MY TWO FAVORITE SONGS BY THEM. HNNG
Eeeeeeee you were ike a wee babby when Drops of Jupiter came out but you still love it and that makes me so happy and I don't know why <3 <3 <3

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Eeeeeeee you were ike a wee babby when Drops of Jupiter came out but you still love it and that makes me so happy and I don't know why <3 <3 <3
That's because Drops of Jupiter is freaking amazing and everyone needs it in their lives. <3

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
Despite my efforts to not adore this band, alas...

What's worse is I will sing the shit out of this song anytime, anywhere:

So, I originally thought this was going to be a thread about actual trains. I'm not totally disappointed because I like the band, but obviously I'm not going to post about them.

Have this instead.

Reactions: Windsong
191gzs32an2typng.png

OMG IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING CAN WE FINALLY DISCUSS THE BEST THINGS EV---

...Oh...

My wife likes them. They remind me of Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness.

Reactions: Peter Feels
I am also disappointed that this isn't about our failing railway transportation system.

Reactions: Windsong
Know this is sort of a necro, but I really love Train. Like, easily in my top 5 favorite bands of all time.

When I was growing up, I would spend a lot of time at my best friend's house. He lived on twelve acres out in the country, mostly on account of his dad being a landscaper. I spent almost every weekend there for nearly a decade, sometimes more. It became more a home to me than anything else ever has been.

One of the things that always helps me remember it is the music. His home is where I got exposed to a lot of stuff, cus my family - while loving - didn't let us watch or listen to things. Parents were very strict about exposure to anything not appropriate for our age. But at my best friend's house, that wasn't a problem. Die Hard, Teen rated games, and things like Linkin Park were all fair there. This is where I first got exposed to Train.

My Private Nation is probably one of the top albums to define me. It's just perfect, and every time I hear any song from it it takes me back. Especially Calling All Angels. I'm not religious or anything, but if there was a heaven, it'd look a lot like the ski slopes, with me and my best friend snowboarding down to where we'd left our Mountain Dew Code Reds cooling in the snowbanks at the bottom, Calling All Angels propelling us over embankments and through the powder. There will never be anything quite like that again in my life.

Senior year of my best friend's high school, his dad dies two days before Christmas. Less than half a year later, his mom has sold the house. Memories were too painful for her; she's RVing across the Southwest now. I know how she somewhat must feel; every time I hear a Train song, my throat chokes up and my eyes get more water in em. When I die, I'd want Calling All Angels played at my funeral. Maybe nothing more than that said or done.

Train will always have a special place in my heart. As silly as it may seem, it shaped me as a person. Sorry if that's too personal or what have you. Just thought I'd share.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.