Traceurs : A Dystopian Parkour Adventure

Have you ever freeran or traced?

• Dude, it's my sport of choice!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It's a fun free time activity...

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Does jumping onto something and yelling "Parkour" count?

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my group actually got to train with Chau Belle and Laurent Piemontesi last month - they came to our gym from France because our coach trained with them several years ago. i thought our coach was hard core, but those guys are fucking insane! in a good way.
Dude, that's amazing!

my group actually got to train with Chau Belle and Laurent Piemontesi last month - they came to our gym from France because our coach trained with them several years ago. i thought our coach was hard core, but those guys are fucking insane! in a good way.
I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!! *sobs into pillow* What did you guys get to do??? I'm independent so I don't have any of the fancy opportunities. The sucky disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere. The nearest gym is over an hour away!

Your lucky you have a gym...... do you know how hard it is to find somewhere to train where the trees grow straight up, and there are no schools/gymnastics areas anywhere?

oh, and Amai, at least add the complete one to your collection

TKdanceintheshadows.gif

Your lucky you have a gym...... do you know how hard it is to find somewhere to train where the trees grow straight up, and there are no schools/gymnastics areas anywhere?
I can't use the gym because I don't have a car. I walk to work lol. Luckily living in the country gives me plenty of interesting trees and whatnot to use for vaults 'nd stuff.

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!! *sobs into pillow* What did you guys get to do??? I'm independent so I don't have any of the fancy opportunities. The sucky disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere. The nearest gym is over an hour away!

over two days, chau and laurent made us "warm up" by having us do strength, balance, and agility drills,....for two hours, nonstop.

chau kept on saying "alle, alle....almost not finished!" as encouragement

then we did three more hours of technique and flows

all the basics, but done over bigger distances or more unusual obstacles than we were used to

we worked thief vaults, monkeys, monkey vaults, precisions, carousel/italian job, speed vaults, kongs, gate vault, helicopters, pop ups, tic tacs....all the basics, but doing thr, juuust a little bit further outside out comfort zone

we didnt even use the gym. just went to a playground and trained there.

and THEN we did half hour of cooldown and stretching

chau's idea of stretching is to do a pushup. a lot of pushups. up position is "stretch". down position is "relax". stretch relax stretch relax. none of us could stop laughing because of how absurd it all was.

these guys were crazy.

i used it as an exuse to eat whatever the hell i wanted for a week. we definitely burned off enough.

i learned a lot of cool ideas and exercises from those guys

I'd like to reserve an ascaroth if they're still available!

I'd rather you were just one of the two. (both are high positions that I'd like more people to have a chance at) But you're definitely welcome to one of them! :)

We'll see which @Elfie would prefer since they asked first. Thanks for the interest!

They are humans! Just with mythical themes. The position is yours! :D

Let me know when you decide! Thank you! C:

I had no idea! I would've joined. Thank you for the well wishes! :D <3
If I could Seraphim that'd be great xD And I understand. i have some fun ideas for a good leader C:

You quoted my final decision before the hesitation.

Thought I would point that out.

Sadly, here in my country there aren't any parkour gyms ;-; and it's still pretty under-developed so little are the ones who practice it. And most groups ask for a payment to either teach or be part of them :/ So I have to self-teach with the help of google \o3o/

I'd like to reserve an ascaroth if they're still available!
They are! The position is all yours! :3
If I could Seraphim that'd be great xD And I understand. i have some fun ideas for a good leader C:
You are now the leader! :blackqueen: I can't wait to see him/her!

You quoted my final decision before the hesitation.

Thought I would point that out.
Sorry. :duh: I was working my way backwards and replying to so many people that I was bound to mix up somewhere.

over two days, chau and laurent made us "warm up" by having us do strength, balance, and agility drills,....for two hours, nonstop.

chau kept on saying "alle, alle....almost not finished!" as encouragement

then we did three more hours of technique and flows

all the basics, but done over bigger distances or more unusual obstacles than we were used to

we worked thief vaults, monkeys, monkey vaults, precisions, carousel/italian job, speed vaults, kongs, gate vault, helicopters, pop ups, tic tacs....all the basics, but doing thr, juuust a little bit further outside out comfort zone

we didnt even use the gym. just went to a playground and trained there.

and THEN we did half hour of cooldown and stretching

chau's idea of stretching is to do a pushup. a lot of pushups. up position is "stretch". down position is "relax". stretch relax stretch relax. none of us could stop laughing because of how absurd it all was.

these guys were crazy.

i used it as an exuse to eat whatever the hell i wanted for a week. we definitely burned off enough.

i learned a lot of cool ideas and exercises from those guys
Oh wow. You really were worked hard. My endurance needs a lot of work so I would've been dying.

Really? I actually do that quite often, it's cool to know that the "pros" do to.

Pushups as stretches???!! That is crazy.

Hahaha, might as well. I only treat myself when I know I'm going to be working hard too. Luckily my job is active so I never have to worry about going soft. xD

Extremely jealous, but good for you! You should give some tips to the rpers since you know your stuff lol.

Sadly, here in my country there aren't any parkour gyms ;-; and it's still pretty under-developed so little are the ones who practice it. And most groups ask for a payment to either teach or be part of them :/ So I have to self-teach with the help of google \o3o/
Google and Youtube are also my saviors! I'm mostly self taught myself. :)

Oh! I used LearnMoreParkour.com and then their youtube channel to learn what I know. They have an actual class you can attend, but off the top of my head its in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.