Tough Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxy's tough facade melted and she suddenly felt more like a pup. To compose herself she sat up a bit straighter, shoulders fighting the urge to slump. Soon her eyes peeled from the pavement to meet Muse's. Now was not the time to submit, that would ruin the situation. They were to be equal, whether they liked it or not. At this point though, it seemed as though that's what they both wanted. They held a steady gaze and Roxy waited for a response.

Muse delivered with a small joke. The small smile was reciprocated, but the tension made Roxy's smile more like a grimace. She nearly flinched when Muse's shoulder was pressed against hers, but was soon engulfed by a sense of comfort, loosening up a bit. It wasn't even a conscious move. Just a reflex. Muse was on board with rekindling their friendship, which was more than Roxy could have ever hoped for. Excitement swelled in her chest. Perhaps she was done being lonely. Emotions shifted back and forth rapidly. This situation was a lot to take in.

As Muse spoke again Roxy nodded when appropriate, brow furrowed slightly in concentration, intense eyes focused. A business like demeanor washed over her at the mention of the gang war, but internal reprimanding shifted her back to a more companion like persona. More casual. "Yes, we don't need this destruction. It was becoming less fun, especially when things escalated into an explosion. We could have been really hurt...."

Roxy steeled herself. "I missed you too...a lot. And...I forgive you...mostly. That's okay though, we don't have to rush things. Obviously a lot has changed."

Muse got in Roxy's face. Roxy's lips quivered and a smile appeared. Then she took a bold move. In a flash of movement she wrapped her arms around Muse to embrace her. "I missed you, you feline asshole."

Letting out a single sob, Muse wrapped her arms tightly around her best friend and squeezed tightly, burying her head into the crook of Roxy's neck.

"You really don't know how much that means to me, Roxy," Muse sniffled quickly to calm herself.

And, like that, it was over. Muse's rivalry to Roxy was done with. She didn't feel the need to prove herself to her best friend, to quickly grow and strength the Kitty Kickers, and to outdo Roxy in any way. While there was always be competition between the two, it has gone back to schoolyard terms, not by the streets.

Muse pulled herself away from the hug slowly after a while, a big relieved smile on her face, as her tail swayed happily. Though she wanted everything to go back to normal before the gang war, Muse knew Roxy was right. It shouldn't be rushed. They might be on the way to repair their friendship and relationship, the Onyx Dragons and Kitty Kickers were still sworn enemies. Each group hated the other, especially after the explosion fiasco her gang caused.

"Damn, I hate having to switch all this up back to business, but we do have to talk about it," Muse wiped a few runaway tears from her cheeks. "We should meet up in a few days after our gang has settled down from the explosion. Bring our top women and have a peaceful sit down to talk everything out since we've accepted this war has become way too dangerous over nothing."

She was already dreading having to tell Tonya, Caroline and Rickie that things between Roxy and her have calmed. Caroline and Rickie were starting to get very into the gang life and Tonya will be extremely pissed by the news.

Tonya, Muse thought as she remembered leaving Tonya at the small snack shop.

Tonya was always pushing her to be harder with the war and Roxy. Always creating thoughts in Muse's mind that their history with each other was over and both needed to move on. Muse always expected a sort of jealousy from Tonya about the relationship with Roxy. Knowing things were on the mend would enrage Tonya.

Muse sighed deeply, shaking the thought of Tonya from her mind. She'll deal with her later.

"How about in four days at the borderline of our territories, that parking lot. Bring only our second and third in command. No weapons, no fights. Just talking," Muse nodded to Roxy, the smile remaining on her blushed cheeks from the hug. "How about it?"

Tears threatened to form in the corners of Roxy's eyes. She squeezed her eyelids tightly to avoid letting one slip, feeling Muse's face nuzzle into her neck. It felt so natural. So comforting that Roxy hesitated to break off the embrace and it seemed Muse did too so they sat like this for a few moments. No longer bitter rivals out for each other's throats, but companions again, reunited. At first things may be awkward, but Roxy was more focused with the fact that they had made up in the first place.

Reluctantly Roxy released the embrace to face Muse. The smile was returned and Roxy's tail wagged, thumping against the metal garbage bin that they sat on.The wagging slowed to a halt again when it was appropriate to talk business. She listened carefully to Muse's proposition. It was hard to stay too excited when it came to the actual finalization of this truce. After being pitted against each other the gang members would be reluctant to throw in the towel that simply. Already Roxy was contemplating how she'd break the news to the Onyx Dragons. Riley and Biter wouldn't bee too pleased. Nor would Tonya in the Kitty Kickers, Muse's top dog...or rather cat in this situation.

After some deep thought Roxy responded. With a nod, she affirmed. "Sounds fine by me."

Then she added, "Just...keep Tonya under control. Out of all of your lot that damned cheetah hates me the most. She makes me so mad." For emphasis she clenched her fists and grit her teeth. When she realized this reaction she relaxed a bit, but maintained a frustrated expression.

"She's always tried to tear us apart, to be my replacement. She'll have to step off if we want anything to go smoothly."

"I won't let anything ruin this. I promise," Muse replied, nodding once before staring down the alley. "She'll be on her best behavior."

There may be a new change in positions in the Kitty Kickers if Tonya couldn't keep her personal issues with Roxy out of business. The more Muse thought about Tonya, the more of a liability Tonya was becoming. Tonya was a great second in command and a damn good fighter for a cheetah, but this inner feud with Roxy she had will become more toxic quickly.

Flaring her nostrils, Muse could smell Tonya searching for her. It must have at least been a good hour since she left Tonya at the snack bar. Muse sucked her teeth, irritated. Tonya should have stayed at the snack bar and waited for her to return even if it took days. Jumping off the trash lid, Muse licked her dry lips.

"In four days, okay?" Muse held up four fingers to Roxy to remind her. "At the parking lot. We will come peaceful. I'm expecting a good turn out for that day. See you then, Roxy."

Muse smiled at Roxy, a growing blush appearing on her cheeks. Her golden eyes gazed over Roxy softly and full of happiness, before she turned to leave the alleyway. She fought with her body to keep forward and not turn back to stay with Roxy, especially when encountering a glaring Tonya at the entrance of the alley. The cheetah hissed at the sight of Roxy, but was quickly reprimanded with a quick slap by Muse.

"W-w-what?" Tonya placed a hand on her red cheek as her eyes grew wide.

"I dealt with everything. Everything will be much better now. I'll explain back at the base," Muse explained. "Come on and don't look back."

Muse motioned her hand forward, instructing Tonya to jog ahead. With a sigh, Tonya looked away and headed back to the direction of the base. Muse looked down the alley and gave a small wave to Roxy before hurrying away. The disarray from the explosion was finally dead. There were no more sirens or patrolling police cars. Everything was nearly back to normal besides the chatter of rumors about the explosion.
The Kitty Kickers gathered in the meeting room at their base, the stronger and higher rank members taking the seats while others were lined against the wall seated. On the giant office table were snacks provided by Caroline and Rickie, some boxes of cookies, a few bags of pretzels and giant pitchers of punch made by Rickie herself. The few members injured by the confrontation were bandaged and healing.

Muse stood at the front of the room in a clean outfit, a white T-shirt, a pair of zebra stripped leggings and flat black flip flops. She was washed and fresh, nearly clear of any marks besides the bruise on her shoulder and on the center of her forehead. The meeting went as planned, Muse discussing how badly the Kitty Kickers messed up though their objection was completed. She talked of the explosion, how some were losing sight of authority, and how she was planning a new change in the Kitty Kickers to leadership, ranking and training.

"We are also going through with another attempt at a peace treaty with the Onyx Dragons," Muse threw in between a few mumbled voices among the group. Muse held her hands at the wave of disappointment and disbelief. "Yeah, I figured this is what I would get...look, I have talked to Roxy and we both agreed the explosion was the tipping point of this feud between us. Not only did the explosion endanger both gangs, but the general public as well. We decided this was becoming way too dangerous."

After a few more complaints, Muse held up a single hand to silent the group.

"There is more to a gang than just fighting and getting back with the enemy. We aren't some punk group roaming the street like tough guys. We are the Kitty Kickers, a legit gang controlling a good portion of the city. We are in charge. We determine if we allow smaller groups to use our territory. We are top cat and it's time we start acting like we have rules and morals."

There was a large groan among the lesser ranks, but the higher nodded in agreement. Tonya, sitting beside Muse, looked at the wall with annoyance, arms crossed tightly on her chest.

"In four days, me, Tonya, Caroline, Rickie and the others will meet Roxy and her higher in commands to discuss everything. In that time, there will be a major shift within the Kitty Kickers. Expect to be tested. Expected to have your loyalty questioned. Expect to be kicked if you can't compile. Most of you are easily replaced and I will replace you quick if you back talk. Now, I'm leaving for floor open. Who wants to complain?"

The Kitty Kickers were tight-lipped, glancing at each other to see who will speak up. All those who disagreed stared at Tonya.​

Roxy watched as Muse hopped off of the garbage can, following suit and standing as well. She dusted herself off out of habit and faced Muse as she offered a farewell. "Four days,"Roxy repeated with a nod of understanding. Looking down the alleyway the werewolf spotted Tonya and reacted to the hiss with a rumbling growl. Sure all was well between her and Muse now, but Tonya she'd never forgive. In four days she'd have to muster the strength to avoid throttling that cheetah. Roxy was taken aback by Muse's reaction, watching with shock and pleasure as a nice slap collided with Tonya's cheek. Roxy released a bark of laughter and with a smug look, waved goodbye to Muse.

Once alone, she sighed loudly. "What the hell is the gang going to think of this?"she asked no one in particular.
*​
All of the Onyx Dragon members were tucked away in their base, huddled around in the center where they lounged on chairs, stood up, or sat on the concrete ground. All watched Roxy, unsure of what important business their leader was about to reveal. Roxy stood up from where she had been sitting and waiting for the girls to all fall quiet with anticipation. At one side stood Biter, on the other was Riley.

"Onyx Dragons. There has been a shift in our political standings. The Kitty Kickers are no longer out enemies,"she said simply, voice clear and reaching to all corners of the hideout.

For a moment there was dead silence. All eyes were locked on Roxy, mouths agape, some heads tilted. Then murmuring erupted, some shouts even breaking the chatter.

"What? Since when?"

"What the fuck! Why are we okay with the same people that almost blew us up?!"

"This is bullshit!" This comment came from Biter, the small, feisty female glaring up at her leader.

"Enough!"Roxy snarled, lifting both hands to silence the tumult of confusion. Silence fell again and Roxy looked around at her gang. Some members looked relieved, others a bit pissed off, but most just confused. They looked to their leader desperately for some sort of explanation.

"Muse and I have talked things out and decided that no good comes from the bickering of our gangs. There is plenty more mischief to partake in without trying to blow each other up or slit each other's throats. The conflict has gone too far and we need to reel it back. We will put the fun and camaraderie back into the gang and take the poison of rivalry out. We know we are the top dogs, there is no reason to tear others to shreds over it. Understood?"

More relief spread, especially to those wounded in the recent battle. Still, a few angry faces remained. "You've gone soft,"Biter growled.

"Biter, if you don't like this change, then get the hell out of here,"Roxy challenged, voice low. That shut Biter right up. "Fine...but...don't expect us all to accept this change so quickly."

Roxy was pleasantly surprised that there was no fight. At least for now. Turning to Biter, she softened. "I know. It'll take some time to adjust for all of us, even me. But, this is for the better. I promise you that."

Roxy addressed the crowd again. "Alright, in four days time I will take Biter and Riley to meet Muse and two of her Kitty Kickers. We will talk the details out. In the mean time everyone can relax. If you have any questions or complaints, ask me. I'd rather you tell me your opinions to my face as opposed to muttering them behind my back.
*​
Back with the Kitty Kickers, Dagger and Spike looked to each other in shock. "Muse, Roxy is going to kill us!"Dagger said, seeming a bit panicked.

"Yeah, she'll skin us! She knows we betrayed her and she won't forget it. She'll never truce with us!"Spike added. Both looked between Tonya and Muse for support, unsure of which side to stand on.

"Don't worry, I'll bring up a clean truce. Everything that has been done up to this point will be gone, erased, taken care of, no hard feelings. I won't let anything happen to you two or anyone," Muse nodded, placing her hands on her hips as she did.

Tonya closed her eyes tightly to hold back from rolling them and let out a sigh.

"Really? You think that will really work Muse? You already suggested this peace truce thing and didn't Roxy spit all over that?" Tonya huffed, crossing her arms more against her chest. "Isn't she two-faced? I wouldn't be surprised she changed her mind right now about this whole thing."

"Yeah? Well, we'll see when we meet up with her...everyone but Dagger and Spike get out of here...wait, Caroline and Rickie you guys can stay too," Muse ordered.

The meeting room slowly cleared with hushed voices within the group. Many went to take a break outside to try and calm their nerves from the big changes that were about to happen. Some were happy with the new changes, most were concerned with the two gangs trying to work out difference, and a few complained about the whole thing and considered leaving. Without the war, the complainers figured the Kitty Kickers would suddenly become boring. What were they suppose to do now without a main enemy? They wanted the fight, the action, the bloody battles and bragging rights after a successful battle. With the war coming to the end, there were no goals anymore.

Muse walked over to the door and closed it when the last person left. She knew Caroline and Rickie would follow anything she said without fight, but convincing Tonya and settling the worries of her two strongest members might be a harder match.

"Dagger, Spike, during the days before the meetup with Roxy, I want you two to stay inside territory lines. Would be nice if you two stayed here at base since you'll have the most protection here. I don't think Roxy will come after you two, but maybe some random Onyx Dragon member might take some sort of revenge. Until the meetup where everything is laid out and cleared, don't go running around outside of here," Muse instructed the canines. She then turned to Tonya, Caroline and Rickie. "Tonya, Rickie, you two will come along with me during the meetup. Caroline, you will stay behind and watch over the gang. If you hear anything from the gang that could jeopardize the meeting with Roxy, deal with it anyway you can."

Muse exhaled, trying to lower the stress that was building inside of her. Tonya's words kept playing in her mind about the last time a treaty was suggested. Muse put so much faith into that and to see it not go through was devastating. This time, Muse was sure Roxy was serious about it.

"You two have any other concerns about your safety?" she asked Dagger and Spike.

Attentively, both former Onyx dragon members listened to what Muse had to say about their safety. Both were concerned that when the truce was made, they wouldn't be pardoned by Roxy. If this were the case, Roxy could have them beat to a pulp and exiled. They both hoped that either Muse had a smooth tongue or Roxy was in a forgiving mood. Things were bound to be tense regardless.

The potential for conflict became more evident with Tonya's open suspicion. She criticized the opportunity and was keen to point out some flaws in the plan. It was true that Roxy hadn't committed to truces in the past, but the way Muse spoke it seemed like this time was serious. When Spike and Dagger were addressed, they met Muse's gaze, nodding when appropriate.

"Nope. Seems like you got us covered,"Dagger replied.
*​
When four days passed, all were getting excited. An air of anticipation and anxiety engulfed the Onyx Dragon hideout. Was this confrontation going to go well? Would the turf war swell up again? Was there going to be another explosion? Questions like these and more buzzed around, passed from person to person in a tumult.

All talking became a murmur when Roxy emerged from one of the back rooms, flanked by Riley and Biter. Of course it was like Roxy to make this occasion more proper, as she wore black slacks and matching a tuxedo vest with a white button up underneath, the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. Riley and Biter were much more casual, donning jeans and tank tops with their combat boots. Roxy was one for class when it came to events like these. She believed she would be turning a new leaf, or rather, returning to her roots. Such an event called for formality.

The gang members looked expectantly to their leader as she passed. "Listen closely. If you hear howling, things went sour. Send a group to help us. If you hear no howl, expect my return later. I've no clue how long this conversation will take, but if we disappear for more than two days, send help. Otherwise, all is well and I will offer a full report of the situation. Understood?"

Roxy's business like approach would not fade too quickly. Still, the point was conveyed well enough and the trio was on their way to the parking lot, the spot between the two gang territories. Roxy was sure that they arrived at a reasonable time. Here they waited for the Kitty Kickers, Roxy standing with her arms folded across her chest. For once, all were completely unarmed, much to the disapproval of Riley and Biter. Roxy was placing a lot of trust on Muse.

"I'm doing all the talking. You two can just sit and look pretty...Tonya! Tonya you better turn that frown upside down and put your best smile on. I don't care if you fake it. You two need to give off a friendly and open demeanor," Muse instructed in a loud hush as the trio approached the parking lot. "I want everything to go right. To go perfect."

Tonya and Caroline nodded, each wearing a simple ruby red T-shirt and black skater skirts with a pair of plain black sneakers. Tonya kept her hair in a long pony tail while Caroline kept hers flowing freely to her shoulders. Each girl had a different expression on their face. Caroline looked relieved in her smiling, showing off a chipped tooth and Tonya had a hard smile with lips curled back into an almost snarl, trying her hardest to come across happy.

Muse rolled her eyes and began to clean her freshly manicured nails, filed into sharp points, and painted a deep red, with her other finger nervously. Her heart was pounding against her chest, nearly making her oversized red tank top flutter with anticipation. For the last three days she prepared for this moment, writing down notes and specific points, practicing her speech to not sound harsh or demanding, and to keep her head clear and open to stop any negative thoughts. Everything did need to go perfect between the two gangs to have a chance of rekindling their friendship.

She stepped onto the parking lot to see Roxy already waiting with her own entourage. Muse blinked at Roxy's outfit, taking in a breath by how sharp and refined Roxy looked. Muse stopped her face from twisting, looking down at her own outfit. Maybe they should have dressed a little better for the occasion. Tonya and Caroline looked cute wearing the Kitty Kicker's colors and overall uniform, but Muse felt maybe a dress or skirt...and a sweater would be a better alternative than her tank top that did form over her chest when standing still, and a pair of black straight leg pants and black open toe wedge shoes.

"Well...still glad I got this mani/pedi," she said to herself.

Muse held up both hands to her chest and smiled, showing Roxy she wasn't carrying any weapons and neither were her two girls. The group stood in front of Roxy's at a comfortable conversation distance.

"I'm just happy to see you here Roxy. This is really going to happen, isn't it?" Muse nodded and smiled as Tonya and Caroline stood just on either side of her. "We should talk about our demands first to negotiate and get out the way before anything else since it looks like we're both in hopeful moods."

Muse reached into her pocket to unfold a piece of binder paper, the red ink visible on the other side of the paper.

"Remember, we're here for a peaceful meeting to start our lasting truce. No outside chatter, input or opinions on what is said," Muse said firmly, her eyes first glancing at Tonya and Caroline before to Roxy's two girls. "I don't want any fuck-ups. Since you agreed to this Roxy, I only think it is fair that you propose any points, ideas, or demands you have to see this all through.

Roxy had been idly staring off into the distance when approaching figures caught her eye. Focusing, she saw that it was Muse and her entourage and immediately straightened up a bit. Closely she examined all of them, checking for any sign of weapons. She saw none and Muse only proved this point in her approach by showing her hands. Roxy mimicked the gesture, holding her hands out and making her empty pockets visible. When the trio drew closer, she folded her arms. At her side, Biter and Riley bristled, but a sharp look from Roxy made them release some tension. Roxy noted that the trio of Kitty Kickers members were dressed a bit more informally than her, but paid no mind. After all, her second and third in command were also dressed casually. It was just like Roxy to keep it classy for matters like this.

"It is, indeed going to happen,"Roxy replied to Muse's greeting cordially. She couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Of course,"she added in response to the suggestion from Muse. She shot silencing glances at Riley and Biter as well as the two from Muse's gang. For a moment Roxy's intense gaze settled on Tonya and her lip twitched up subtly, revealing a fang. Her lip slid over it as quickly as it had reveal it, and Roxy looked to Muse instead.

No sheet of paper was pulled from Roxy's pockets, as she had what she wanted to say committed to memory. So her arms remained crossed in an authoritative posture. "Well, first of all, the trio that fled the Onyx Dragons to join your gang must be punished."

She let that statement hang before continuing, "But, I assume you granted them some form of immunity knowing I would hold a grudge. So, I'll forgo the usual exile and ask for something less...severe. My first demand is that I get five minutes with Dagger and Spike to do whatever I want with them. Hit them, kick them, whatever the hell. I'll spare the other one...Damara. She's too fragile."

"What do you say?"Roxy challenged, voice clear and level.

Tonya only glared at Roxy, her lower lip shaking as she tried to keep back a low hiss. Her eyes looked up at Muse, who only seemed to further the point by staring at Tonya directly.

Muse kept a loud groan coming to the surface at Roxy's demand. She was hoping Roxy would give them a clean immunity or maybe a ban from ever crossing into Onyx Dragon territory. At least what Roxy demanded wasn't too severe, giving a sign there maybe a quick negotiating can happen. Muse crossed her arms and licked her lips.

"That sounds really familiar..." Muse's voiced trailed shortly. "But no. I already know what damage you can do in five minutes to them. I can't walk them to meet you and see them get completely beat with me just watching."

Her manicured fingers tapped along her lower arm, quickly thinking of a better compromise. She couldn't give up Spike and Dagger to be beat like that, even for a short five minutes. She promised to protect them as best she could.

"Oh, I got it. Let them fight you back," Muse grinned. "I've been dying to see their true potential as fighters and see what needs to be improved on. One three minute round, only rules are no killing, no blows on the neck and above and no serious wounds or breaking of limbs. We'll both get something out of this. The punishment you want and for me hopefully the motivation I need from them getting beat to progress."

While the compromise seemed a bit out there, Muse figured Spike and Dagger would rather have a chance of defending themselves against Roxy than letting Roxy have any way with them for a lengthy five minutes. The fight would be supervised by Muse and one of Roxy's girls in case the three got caught up in the fight and rule breaking starts.

A part of Muse considered throwing Damara into the mix. The girl was still too fragile and seemed to be dead weight. A nice rumble could give Damara the spark she needed to further herself in the Kitty Kickers, whether it be as a fighter or some other position. She glanced at her two girls beside her. Tonya gave Muse a simple nod and Caroline seemed to focus on Roxy's girls than the situation at hand.

"Damara will be there and it will be up to Spike and Dagger if they want her to join in. She came to me just like them. I can't go back saying Damara was spared while the other two are up for a fight. If Spike and Dagger learned what it is to be a Kitty Kicker, they will gladly take up her portion of the punishment. So, how about this? This is a fair compromise I think," Muse nodded to Roxy.

Roxy could tell just by looking at Muse that she wasn't too pleased with the demand. Of course she didn't want Roxy to humiliate and injure two of her best fighters. Also, she admitted to knowing just how much damage Roxy could inflict. Given that time frame and considering Roxy's reputation, she could certainly do a number on Spike and Dagger. She could almost see it now, looking down to two bloody figures. Bones were bound to be broken, skin bruised. No one betrayed Roxy and got away scratch free.

After Muse declined the demand, it appeared as if she was thinking, probably pondering a compromise. It took some effort for Roxy to avoid rolling her eyes. She tapped her foot as she awaited hearing the expected proposal. Hopefully it was something reasonable. Otherwise Roxy would have to argue, and she didn't want this confrontation to turn sour so quickly. If Muse thought the two turncoats should be spared from punishment, she was sorely mistaken.

Muse proposed that Spike and Dagger should fight back. Also, the brawl would be shorter and less damaging. This wasn't what Roxy had wanted, but she had a feeling that she couldn't negotiate this. Three minutes would be enough to do some damage though, and allowing them to defend themselves would make it more of a challenge. Beating them would warrant more respect, which would help assert her dominance after this whole truce thing since people were already questioning her authority.

Muse even offered for Damara to participate. Roxy decided she'd let her join and just kick her to the ground before turning to face the worthier opponents. With her arms crossed tightly and her posture rigid, Roxy answered tersely, "Fine. Three minutes to teach them a thing or two. I'll beat them regardless." It was obvious she was pretty confident in herself.

That having been said, Roxy added, "So...what about your demands?" She didn't have too many other demands to make, so she offered Muse an opportunity to propose one of her own demands.

"Oh perfect," Muse grinned, holding back a sigh of relief. She had no plan B if Roxy wouldn't have agreed to her compromise. "Glad to know that's all settled."

She looked to the side at Tonya and Caroline before staring back at Roxy to continue their meeting. So far, everything was going much better than expected. No sudden turns, no shouts, the other girls kept quiet and only listened. The only thing that could make all of this better would be a celebratory cake falling out the sky and landing between Roxy and her with balloons included. Her grin turned to a soft smile, laughing inwardly at Roxy's stance. She always had to be tough even when there were no signs of trouble. It was something Muse always envied.

"My demands are simple. The territory lines will be kept exactly how it is. No more push to gain more land for either of us. While I don't want free movement between our territories, I also don't want any of us to be completely banned either. Permission must be asked to enter and leave, no weapons allowed on either side by our gang members. No more retaliation, no more fights, no down talking either gang. From this point on, both the Onyx Dragons and Kitty Kickers are on good terms. We communicate with each other on anything gang or police related. We keep a lookout for any signs of trouble. Eventually, I know the tenseness our gangs have will lessen to the point where both can take each others word and advice. Basically, all I want is for all of us to act like...hmm...distant family to start," Muse spoke.

She rolled up her piece of paper and slipped it back in her pocket with a smile still on her face. They were a lot of demands, but nothing too far out there that Roxy couldn't be concerned at. Every single demand was thought through for hours and slept on, rewritten and rephrased. It came down to each gang respecting each other and giving each other space, but also forming the most basic of alliances to start with.

Muse exhaled, feeling her body start to relax after everything was read. Slowly, she held out her manicured hand to Roxy.

"So, Roxy, what do you think? I know its something you can agree on," Muse smiled. "Give me your hand and let's shake on it to start our new, peaceful co-existence...and maybe friendship."

She mouthed the last part of the sentence playfully.

As Roxy waited for Muse to offer up some more demands, she cast her gaze to the others. At either side of her, Riley and Biter stood with hard jaws and steely eyes. However, they weren't near as authoritative looking as Roxy held herself. They had placed most of their weight on one hip, arms either crossed loosely and resting on one hip. They appeared stoic enough that Roxy couldn't know for sure what they were thinking. Knowing them, they must have been conflicted. It took a lot of effort to grasp the situation at hand. How were they to accept a change this big?

They'd have to adapt in due time. The Onyx Dragons had to mellow out enough to control themselves around the Kitty Kickers, who were to be their new allies or at least neutral neighbors. It wouldn't be easy for them all to leap onto the idea that they should forgive their enemies, let alone befriend them. However, Roxy had confidence that they could reach a settlement even if it wasn't as glamorous as she wanted it to be.

Muse now read off the last of her demands, a whole long, well thought out list full. None of the demands came as a surprise to Roxy, who had already prepared herself to list off some of the same. No territory changes, as any change would lead to bickering. Both had decent territories. Nothing to fight over. Visitation was allowed with proper permission and lack of weapons. This made it more difficult for any of the bitter members to try to assault members of the other gang. Both gangs would cooperate to avoid the authorities or rivaling gangs. This would keep them all safe, something Roxy couldn't argue about. All of the terms were reasonable. The only difficulty would be putting them to practice, but agreeing wouldn't be too hard.

Muse then offered a hand to Roxy, extending her trust, a promise of peace, and a potential for friendship. Roxy couldn't refuse an offer like that. With a smile on her own face, she reached out and grabbed Muse's hand to shake on it. "I can't refuse an offer like that. I accept your terms, Muse,"she sealed the deal with a firm shake. Her muscles had relaxed a bit.

Muse bit her lip to keep back a goofy grin, squeezing Roxy's hand and giving a firm handshake. The war between them was now over. Everything was settled, closed, and with the agreement in place, there was a much better outlook for everyone. No more fighting, no more grudges, the hate between the two gangs could finally subside and mutual respect was the replacement. Caroline let out a huge sigh of relief, wiping her forehead in a cartoony way before raising both arms into a cheer, followed by a loud "Woo!"

Tonya kept quiet, eyes on the ground. A bubbling, sickening feeling formed in her stomach as she refused to see the handshake between Muse and Roxy. She knew she had no more leverage when it came to convincing Muse to severe whatever relationship she had with Roxy. The two alpha females were going to get closer, a new friendship without all the hate and self-doubt would develop, and Tonya would be that side friend she always feared to be. Caroline shook Tonya by her shoulder, a smile similar to Muse's forming on her face.

"It's over!" Caroline stated to Tonya before placing both hands on Muse's shoulder, peering over to smile at Roxy. "You girls did it!"

"Yeah, we did," Muse replied, her golden eyes relaxing at Roxy. "We can finally start over like how we always secretly wanted."

Muse slowly let her hand fall from Roxy's as she briefly turned to face the two high ranks of the Kitty Kickers and grabbed them both in a giant group hug, showcasing the Kitty Kicker's family style of order. Slightly killing the mood was Tonya's refusal of fully participating in the cheering, but Muse didn't let that stop her from celebrating.

Soon, the mini celebration slowly and Muse reverted back into a semi-serious tone. She shook her head, quickly fixing her hair from the group hug, before looking up at Roxy.

"I will make this work, I promise you. The Kitty Kickers will stick with this agreement between us. I won't let anything fuck this up...oh, come here Roxy..."

Muse held her arms out towards Roxy and stepped in to give Roxy a warm hug. The thought of over crossing any boundaries didn't register with Muse, especially with Roxy's own girls next to her. She would loop her arms underneath Roxy's, placing her hands gently against Roxy's lower back, and nestle her chin on Roxy's shoulder, hoping Roxy wouldn't refuse the hug.

"Trust me, okay? I won't let anything happen between us ever again. I'll take care of us," Muse promised, pressing her body warmly against Roxy's to hold the hug as long as she could.

Tonya sucked her fangs at the display.

"When do you want Spike, Dagger and Damara to fight...Roxy..." Tonya struggled to speak the leader of the Onyx Dragon's name.

"Whenever Roxy wants," Muse pulled herself away from Roxy and stood in front of her. "They're always ready to fight. Give me a time and date and we'll set it all up."

Once the deal was sealed, a sense of relief washed over Roxy. While they still had a lot of adjusting to do when it came to a change this big, they were making a step in the right direction. No more petty turf wars that were more depressing and frustrating than they were exhilarating or enjoyable. No more risky explosions or other plots that ended poorly. No more bloody feud. They could return to romping around the city, committing petty crimes at their leisure and poking fun at one another. Roxy released the firm handshake and the deal was done. Official.

This reality softened a bit of Riley and Biter's edge. They began to realize the possibilities at hand. There would be less tension in the gang and more fun to be had, which was chief reason they had joined the Onyx Dragons. Now they could take more joy in their work and have more pleasant interactions with Roxy, ones less focused on strict patrols and more militaristic activities they had begrudgingly come to participate in. The two shared tense smiles, still a bit unsure of how to act. Biter sent a playful punch at Riley's shoulder and the gesture was reciprocated. They laughed awkwardly as their smiles became a tad bit more genuine.

Roxy returned Caroline's smile before looking back to Muse. "Things will return back to normal. Well, as best as they can after this whole feud thing,"she replied. She was optimistic, but concern gnawed at her heels.

No group hug was offered to the Onyx Dragons members, but they all made a show of giving each other light shoves. Roxy tousled Biter's hair playfully and received a gentle headbutt in return. Riley grabbed Biter in a headlock and jokingly shook her around a bit in a fit of giggling. Even in their more human forms the trio behaved like canines. Always ready to rough house.

Muse turned her attention back to Roxy and was offering an embrace, something Roxy couldn't refuse after a year of bitterness between them. She found herself lifting her own arms up and wrapping them around Muse tightly, allowing the girl to rest her head in the crook of her neck just like they used to do.

"I can promise the same,"Roxy reciprocated. She lifted her head enough to shoot a glare at Tonya after hearing the sucking of her fangs. Roxy made a point to smirk before turning her attention back to hugging Muse. It was a petty move. It seemed to say, Muse is mine again. Roxy had spent enough time witnessing Tonya fawn over Muse that she was keen to assert her dominance.

Tonya spoke up tersely, popping a question about the fight to come. Roxy pulled away from the hug when Muse did and listened to Muse's request. "Any time that's okay with you, is alright with me. You know I'm always up for a fight,"she answered, cracking her knuckles to accentuate her point. Riley and Biter ceased their rough housing to stand by Roxy again, in better spirits than they had been upon arriving to the parking lot.

"Aha! See that's what I just love about you Roxy. Always ready to go!" Muse nodded happily, placing her hands on her hips. "I want this to happen way sooner than later so the Kitty Kickers can begin the new adjustment. Let's see...how about in three days? Gives Spike and Dagger a few days to prepare while Damara can squirm a lil wondering if she'll fight. We'll meet up right here at this parking lot again since the fight will be quick. How about...at 11pm? A night fight sounds perfect."

That would be different. A fight during the beginning of the night, right near when its the last darkest hours of the end of the day. It had an added challenge Muse was sure Roxy would enjoy and would give a better training session for Spike and Dagger. Night fighting wasn't something the Kitty Kickers were use to even though they mostly did their business during those hours. It was a nice start to the eventual change the Kitty Kickers were about to go through.

"Think its all settled then. Tonya, Caroline, run off and share the good news to the rest. I'll meet you two there," Muse instructed, motioning her head towards their side of the city.

Good, obedient Caroline happily trotted away, her tail swaying smoothly while Tonya remained with an irked look. Her lips quivered to refrain from a snarl to Roxy, eyes glued to the other female with a look of nothing but hatred. She noticed that smirk Roxy flaunted to her and the meaning behind it. If only Muse wasn't so invested in the new outlook of the two gangs Tonya would have lunged at Roxy right at that moment of the smirk. This was no win for Tonya, but only a devastated lost in the war for Muse she pushed.

"Yeah, alright. You must be hungry too. I'll cook you something really good to celebrate. Your favorite, of course. We'll eat it together. Just you and me," Tonya offered. "Don't...keep me waiting for too long."

Tonya turned to leave, switching to her feline mode to trot to Caroline who was already almost out of sight. Muse narrowed her eyes, ears perked high on her head. That tone Tonya used gave Muse nothing but a swarm of bad feelings buzzing in her good vibes. It was clear to everyone around that something was bothering Tonya. And, that fact did bother Muse a bit.

She returned a smile to Roxy, trying her best to recover from the odd display that Tonya gave.

"She...doesn't like change..." Muse said to Roxy's girls in an attempt to sway their opinion on her co-leader.

Everyone could spot it. That jealousy Tonya showed to everyone, but Muse could only hope Roxy would also back her up on her white lie about Tonya. The last thing she needed was the Onyx Dragons knowing there was some issues with the second in command of the Kitty Kickers.

"I'll...talk...to her and everything will be fine, alright? See you in three days," Muse quickly leaned in to rub her cheek against Roxy's, an old farewell habit she always did, before walking off to the Kitty Kicker's main hub.

"That sounds good to me,"Roxy agreed to the plans. Three days was plenty of time for Dagger and Spike to anticipate the fight. To feel some fear churning in their guts. Just what Roxy wanted. She wanted them to anticipate being pummeled into the ground for their brazen act of treason. Switching sides was typically punishable by severe beating, not a fight, but Roxy would be willing to settle. Of course beating them for their insolence would still be her intention, the kick was that they could fight back this time. Fine by her. May prove a nice challenge to take on two well trained opponents, but Roxy was very confident in her skills and already assumed she'd win. Spike and Dagger had great skill, but hadn't started in gang life when Roxy did. Plus, she had rage on her side. Deserting didn't make her very happy, that was for damn sure.

A night fight only added to the excitement. Low visibility could offer an edge or a disability depending on the fighter. Even good fighters could suffer if they weren't focusing hard enough. Things were sure to be entertaining for the watchers, which would com from either gang. Perhaps the fight would act as a bonding experience for the two gangs as much as it remained a warning.

When Muse sent off her two higher ups to spread the news, Roxy did the same. With a toss of her head, she addressed Riley and Biter. "Why don't you run along and tell the gang what happened here? I'm sure they're dying to know." It was true. The Onyx Dragons waited with baited breath to see if peace between the gangs was reached or it they'd have another violent turf war. Another brush with the authorities. Another explosion. While on the surface many of the gang members were conflicted about the truce, deep down they were all a little relieved.

Roxy watched Tonya retreated after extending a sweet offer towards Muse, an attempt at bonding. Roxy wasn't dense. She knew that Tonya was pissed about Roxy getting in the way of the friendship she had developed with Muse. Since at the end of the day, Roxy had the advantage of knowing Muse the longest and best. Tonya had to compensate somehow, eager to spend more time with Muse, dinner being an example. Roxy rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but relate to Tonya. Muse was a cool girl, lots of people wanted to hang out with her. That didn't mean Roxy was pleased with Tonya's behavior. Muse easily picked up on the tension and commented on it.

"She doesn't like me," Roxy added with a snort. It was true.

"If you say so,"Roxy replied, slightly taken aback when Muse rubbed her cheek against hers. It was an old gesture. It felt familiar. Comforting. She couldn't help but smile.

"Catch you later, kitty cat,"she bid farewell with a loose wave.

The three days felt like a single long school day to Muse. A teacher trying to lead a rambunctious class to that of perfect students. The old way of Kitty Kickers was over. The rough and tumble group with only one true goal of defeating the Onyx Dragons now had to transition into a more structured group of people with a new objective. No more loose cannons, no more screw-ups. A three strike rule was now in place, a training course was set, members were grouped in four and sent on patrol around their territory in rotations as well becoming a new neighborhood watch. Muse was determined to put a better name on the Kitty Kickers in the neighborhood they occupied. Seeing Roxy and having her agree for peace pushed Muse to become more of the leader she needed to be.

Majority of the Kitty Kickers were upset about the peace with the Onyx Dragons. They all joined for a fight, to feel big and bad with a gang that had numbers on their side. The new notion that things were going to calm down strangely had a huge negative affect. Muse found herself having to assert herself over some of the Kitty Kickers, banishing those who she knew was always going to be trouble and punishing those who complained about the change. Caroline and Rickie stepped up, becoming in charge of overseeing the new patrols and maintaining the main hangout.

Tonya glued herself more to Muse after the dinner the two had. The role of second in command also shifted into one of a secretary, following Muse around and doing all the small tasks a lesser rank member should be doing.

The fight with Roxy motivated Spike and Dagger to continuously train throughout the days and nights. After cycling through each rank of members, they soon spared with themselves. Damara was left on the sideline as the two canines decided to accept Damara's portion of the punishment. Damara still didn't have a true role in the Kitty Kickers. Muse wasn't so sure what to do with her. She wasn't much of a fighter and since there were no office jobs in the Kitty Kickers, right now Damara was more of a floater.

"Tonya, take Damara under your paw. Mentor her," Muse instructed Tonya.

"How?"

"What do you mean how? Do what you do. Stop always following me around and show Damara how you are and what you're good at. You're too fucking needy lately ever since the meetup with Roxy and the dinner."

"I don't trust Roxy," Tonya spoke, looking away.

"You better keep that concern to yourself. I'm serious Tonya. If that shit spreads across the Kitty Kickers I'll personally bite your head off and spit it out in that swamp ravine sewer line near the warehouse. We can't have doubt about Roxy and the Onyx Dragons now."

The night of the fight felt like celebration of life. While Spike and Dagger tried to keep the fight on the down low, words spread fast. Soon, the two were treated like celebrities, being brought food, drinks, offers of a light sparring and massages, anything to give Spike and Dagger the upper hand in some way. The two girls dressed in a simple fighters outfits, a black hoodie and loose, gray sweatpants with slipper shoes.

Muse led them to the spot of the fight at the parking a few minutes before the round would start. Damara was trailing behind, being designated as the lowest rank member in the Kitty Kickers, and was in charge documenting the fight with Tonya.

"Good luck you two. My only advice is to go all out and kick ass. Other than that, you know Roxy," Muse shrugged. "Try to ignore everyone else waiting right at the line of our territory."

Across the parking lot were the Kitty Kickers already cheering and waiting in anticipation for Roxy to appear.

The next three days for Roxy were a whirlwind of activity. She was constantly being bombarded with questions and comments from the Onyx Dragon members. They would implore as to what changes would be going on with the truce. They wondered if they would still have gang wars, just with another gang, to which Roxy shot down. There would be no wars waged unless there had to be, as much as Roxy may have enjoyed a good turf battle. After the last explosive(quite literally) gang war, they needed to recover.

While Muse was organizing her gang more strictly, Roxy was making more efforts to give off a relaxed attitude. Their training schedules were not as rigid, there were less orders barked, less drilling. More of a relaxed attitude mingled with the hard edge of the gang's foundations. It seemed to work well enough for everyone. Despite these new ideals, important activities were still run with business like diplomacy. It wasn't easy for Roxy to break free of her controlling nature, especially when it came to governing a gang full of rowdy canines.

Not everyone liked this new gang relationship and attitude. A few heated quarrels had comes as a result, members angered that the Onyx Dragons had 'mellowed out' by ceasing their war. They claimed a lot of the excitement was lost, to which Roxy told them to leave if they were so unhappy. Leave and never return. She would have no dissenters nagging her when she was supposed to be happy. No bitterness to mar her reunion with her close friend. Dissenters that didn't leave were chased out, the canine jaws of Roxy's firm supporters snapping at their retreating heels. Members were weeded out, fleeing to other gangs to brew rumors and brood over their exile. Only the loyal remained, full of curiosity. Could this bring a new, exciting era for them all?

The excitement built when Roxy revealed the fight that was to take place between her and two of the traitors, Spike and Dagger. Even old friends of the duo looked forwards to the fight, relieved to have this sort of fun excitement instead of having them go out, punish,and exile the two skilled fighters. Finally, the night arrived and the gang was abuzz. All but a few disgruntled members forced to keep watch were allowed to watch.

They met at the designated spot, a darkened parking lot. Roxy was dressed in black sweatpants pants, tennis shoes, and a white tank top that she discarded upon arrival to reveal her sports bra. Her abdomen was well muscled and solidly built from her years of brawling, as were her arms. Both hands were wrapped in a black bandage like material to protect them upon impact, snugly tied. Her silky blonde hair was pulled into a bun, fully revealing the shaved half of her head. Onyx Dragon members took their spots in the parking lot, some standing and others sitting in fold out chairs. They chattered enthusiastically.

Roxy reached the middle of the parking lot and stood waiting, watching as Spike and Dagger made their way towards her with Muse close behind. There were plenty of Kitty Kicker spectators which were noticed by the Onyx Dragon watchers. They responded by cheering for Roxy, whistling and carrying on. Some howled, but their cries died down as the anticipation for the first blow built.

"Ready to get your ass whooped?"Spike called arrogantly.

"I was just about to ask you the same question,"Roxy replied with a wolfish grin, flashing her fangs.

"And there she is! Right on time!" Muse smiled, her golden eyes glowing against the dark night. "Looking and acting like she's ready for a real fight!"

The crowd around them shaped into a large circle, placing Roxy, Spike and Dagger in the center. Damara stood on the sideline in her canine form, refusing to even meet eye contact with Roxy. Instead, she stared pitifully at Muse with her head hanging as low as possible without touching the ground. Muse could feel the intense stare from Damara, but ignored the girl to focus on Roxy. She smiled a toothy smile at her best friend, feeling her heart beat just a bit faster at Roxy's fabled fighting spirit.

"Are we all ready?" Muse began as she heard cheers from her side of the circle. "Let me quickly repeat the rules! A single two minute round in either human or other form with no serious or fatal blows. Besides that, go all out and show everyone your skill!"

Spike and Dagger nodded at each other, both wearing a pair of black sweatpants with matching tank tops and their hair let loose on top of their heads without any styling.

"We got this," Dagger said to Spike as they held hands firmly, nodding.

The crowd settled down to nothing but completely silence as the two canines from the Kitty Kickers shifted to their wolf forms. They circled each other, pumping each other up as the stood apart in a fighting stance. Their eyes narrowed, the fur standing on its end along their spine and to their tails that rose high in the air.

"You ready Roxy?" Muse asked, waiting for Roxy to give her a nod. Her playful smile turned to a grin watching Roxy get ready for the brawl. "And...go!"

Muse pressed her thumb hard on her phone to start the timer. Spike and Dagger charged in together. Spike focused on Roxy's top of her body while Dagger focused primarily on Roxy's legs. They both snapped their jaws towards Roxy before leaping back to circle Roxy again.

Spike entered first, aiming towards Roxy's chest while Dagger barked madly to cause any distractions. The crowd continued to stay quiet, watching the battle intensely to see how Roxy was going to respond to the duo's new fighting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.