1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
RP Information | Rules | General Setting | Character List | Character Sheet

Touch

An ability humans all take for granted. The soft feeling of a warm blanket. The rough feeling of scratchy sandpaper. The loving embrace of another human. These are all things most can't dream of living without. But what that ability was snatched away from you? What if the endearing touch of another human wasn't a luxury afforded to you?

The Children

For a group of children living in an isolated research facility, being unable to make physical contact with anyone but each other is a reality. They're inflicted with a newly discovered autoimmune disease named Touch, based on the fact that it can be transmitted simply thorough touching someone inflicted with it. All they know is their toy-filled rooms, the walls that keep separated at all times other than when it's time to eat or undergo testing, and the researchers that experiment on them in claimed hopes of finding a cure for their illness. Their ages range from six to sixteen, and there's at least one hundred of them here. Some thirst for a taste of what it's like to live a normal life, while others have already succumbed to apathy.

Null

Null is a suppressant drug that the children are given once or twice a day, depending on necessity. It weakens the immune system so that the rate at which Touch kills them decreases, but it also leaves them open to other illnesses that they may come in contact with. Without administration of Null, any given child would be guaranteed to die within a week. Null isn't manufactured or used outside of the facility, so there's no access to it in the outside world.

The Researchers

The researchers are those who continuously experiment upon their child subjects. Most of the children were given up willingly by single fathers whose wives gave birth to infants inflicted with Touch. Such a birth always resulted in the mother dying, due to the lack of a cure. Researchers are tested before beginning work at the facility, to determine how long they'd live if they were to contract Touch. Because of their stronger immune systems, most of them wouldn't survive more than a week or so max, even with applications of Null. For safety reasons, they always work in full body suits that leave no part of the body to the open. Some of them treat the kids with kindness, and sympathize with them, while others simply view them as tools for finding a solution to a much greater problem.

You

You are but one of a group of seven children that are all connected to each other in some way, be it by blood, friendship, or rivalry. Whether you hate your situation or have grown accustomed to it, what you decide to do is up to you. Will you try to escape from this monotonous life, or will you seek out your own life? The choice is yours.

[Subject to Further Editing]

Last edited:
Present! I edited Aiden a teeny bit.

Reactions: Aois
Character Sheet

Name:
Mira

Birthday:
November 23rd

Sex:

Female

ID #:

Life Expectancy:

15 weeks

Other Conditions:

Schizophrenia

Appearance:
WIP

Family:
Like most children born with Touch, Mira's mother died giving birth, and her father was left with no choice but to give her up for research purposes. The only other family she has to speak of as an older sister she never met. Though she doesn't live with them, her remaining family is a poor one, but they manage to get by with what they have. Her father is sorrowful that he had to give up his daughter after his wife's death, but he pushes onward for the daughter he still has with him. She is, in turn, a very behaved and helpful child.

Feelings about Situation:

Mira is, for the most part, completely oblivious to her situation. She knows there's suited men and that there's other children, but she doesn't think about any of it. She's just a young girl completely stuck in her own little world. Even if a cure was found, she probably wouldn't act too ecstatic about it The girl doesn't know why they need one, and she hardly even knows that they do. Each passing day is, to her, just another 24 hours spent in a non-contemplative existence.

Short Bio:

Mira is a rather peculiar young individual, even in comparison to some of the others who reside in the facility. She seldom interacts with the other children, instead preferring to keep to herself and a single hand mirror that was afforded her. The image of herself reflected in the mirror is, who she claims, to be her best friend. The girl and her mirror will talk for hours, and she freaks out if anyone ever takes it away. Her fascination with her own image due to her schizophrenia is the greatest reason for her obliviousness to her entire situation. Regardless, she isn't on bad terms with the other children in her group. Even though she doesn't really talk to them, she appreciates their presence. In fact, she doesn't like to be left alone with just her mirror for too long, as she does grow bored, even with her "best friend's" presence.

Character Theme:
WIP

Other:

As mentioned before, Mira almost always has her mirror on her person. It helps keep her calm and staves off loneliness for her. Outside of her little mirror world, she does have a particular fondness for Aiden and Amena.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Just gonna put this out here but Aiden acknowledges Mira's "best friend". If she has the schizophrenic delusions of grandeur, he'll see what she sees in herself. He's actually sincere and not just going with her flow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
Just gonna put this out here but Aiden acknowledges Mira's "best friend". If she has the schizophrenic delusions of grandeur, he'll see what she sees in herself. He's actually sincere and not just going with her flow.
It isn't "delusions of grandeur" so much as it is her thinking the person beyond the mirror is a real, different person. I know what you mean though, and I can definitely see that contributing to the fondness.~

Amena might just mother the two. ^^; seems they can't be left alone.
Thanks, Aois. I'm super excited!

Reactions: Aois
Gotta connect her to others somehow, haha. It would be hard to play someone who JUST talks to a mirror the whole time. Hopefully it doesn't break while they're out making a run for it!

Reactions: Boss Megu
Amena wouldn't see Mira's bestfriend, but would acknowledge that it exists because Mira says so. And she tots would mother them to death. Gunna edit my chara later to add Mira. hahaha

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
I hope I can make this live up to the hype.

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Yep. Making the first IC post later tonight.

I don't know what to do with Nichols =__=

I think there's some confusion about the life expectancy post... The amount there is how long you have to live, even with being given Null everyday, not how long you can go before needing Null again. Putting 1 week there means Aiden's gonna die in a week.

^^; Let me get that

I have a quick question. If Ama had a rash, would Touch prevent her from feeling the itch and the pain? Or is it just the feeling of everything else that they're not able to feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.