1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
RP Information | Rules | General Setting | Character List | Character Sheet

Touch

An ability humans all take for granted. The soft feeling of a warm blanket. The rough feeling of scratchy sandpaper. The loving embrace of another human. These are all things most can't dream of living without. But what that ability was snatched away from you? What if the endearing touch of another human wasn't a luxury afforded to you?

The Children

For a group of children living in an isolated research facility, being unable to make physical contact with anyone but each other is a reality. They're inflicted with a newly discovered autoimmune disease named Touch, based on the fact that it can be transmitted simply thorough touching someone inflicted with it. All they know is their toy-filled rooms, the walls that keep separated at all times other than when it's time to eat or undergo testing, and the researchers that experiment on them in claimed hopes of finding a cure for their illness. Their ages range from six to sixteen, and there's at least one hundred of them here. Some thirst for a taste of what it's like to live a normal life, while others have already succumbed to apathy.

Null

Null is a suppressant drug that the children are given once or twice a day, depending on necessity. It weakens the immune system so that the rate at which Touch kills them decreases, but it also leaves them open to other illnesses that they may come in contact with. Without administration of Null, any given child would be guaranteed to die within a week. Null isn't manufactured or used outside of the facility, so there's no access to it in the outside world.

The Researchers

The researchers are those who continuously experiment upon their child subjects. Most of the children were given up willingly by single fathers whose wives gave birth to infants inflicted with Touch. Such a birth always resulted in the mother dying, due to the lack of a cure. Researchers are tested before beginning work at the facility, to determine how long they'd live if they were to contract Touch. Because of their stronger immune systems, most of them wouldn't survive more than a week or so max, even with applications of Null. For safety reasons, they always work in full body suits that leave no part of the body to the open. Some of them treat the kids with kindness, and sympathize with them, while others simply view them as tools for finding a solution to a much greater problem.

You

You are but one of a group of seven children that are all connected to each other in some way, be it by blood, friendship, or rivalry. Whether you hate your situation or have grown accustomed to it, what you decide to do is up to you. Will you try to escape from this monotonous life, or will you seek out your own life? The choice is yours.

[Subject to Further Editing]

Last edited:
Were your characters brought in at birth or at a later age? Please specify the age if the latter. Your ID# will change accordingly.
At birth. O.O;;; I thought I specified that. @.@;;

But the other chara's are older... and their numbers are lower.... so I don't know. I'll can change that.

EDIT: Should change it to something like 126 or something?

Reactions: Aois
@Boss Megu, I forgot you aren't the 10 year old. 120 might work better for you.

@Mippu, if you were brought in at birth, 126 will work good for you.

Sorry for the confusion!

I forgot to add in a birthday section to the character sheet. I'll add it for those who haven't filled it out yet.

@Boss Megu, @Mippu, @FieryCold, can you all add birthdays to your character sheets? They're all in November (the children are organized into groups based on birth month, so that's how the kids all have the same overseer).

I've added the birthdate and finished the character entirely. I hope it's acceptable.

Looks good, @Mippu!

I'd also like to remind everyone that the children can touch each other, since they all already have the illness.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Yay thanks! And thanks for reinforcing that, I'm sure I read it from the interest check so this is reassuring.

Reactions: Aois
Thanks, guys! I'll get to work on my own character sheet today, as well as update the Character List.~

Character Sheet

Name: Nichols Adams

Birthday: November 29th​

Sex: Male

Life Expectancy: 2,350 weeks

Other Conditions: N/A

Appearance: Nichols has scraggy, brown hair, accompanied by dark grey eyes. He looks a bit unkempt, and his normal wear doesn't speak much for his fashion sense. His face possesses a look of drowsiness, that may or may not be a result of his less savory habits from when he was a bit younger.

Family: Nichols' mother is deceased, but his father is still alive. The two divorced early in Nichols' life. Nichols' father was, for the most part, never really proud of Nichols, saying that he seemed like he would never amount to anything. His mother was loving, but her health wasn't well. he took care of her up until he turned 25, the year during which his mother passed away from her illness.

Feelings about Situation: Nichols came to the facility of his own accord, viewing it as a way to make up for what he couldn't do for his mother. He doesn't really like the facility or most of the other researchers, but he enjoys taking care of the children, having never had any siblings of his own. He wants to fulfill the wishes of the children in his group, believing that the cure they're desperately hoping for will never come.

Short Bio: Nichols is a caring person, albeit a bit clumsy at times. He grew up with wonder always in his eyes, but that slowly died out as his mother's condition worsened. After her death, he took up smoking and drinking, two habits which wouldn't stop until he received help once he decided to work for the army. He only ever made it through boot camp, before he was deemed unfit to perform combat duties, and brought to the facility to work there. Though his spirits were down, the children there helped to lift them up a bit, even if he could only ever see them behind the protection of a full body suit. He views the children in his own group as though they were his own kids, and hopes to treat them in whatever time they have left with all the love and kindness his father never displayed towards him.

Character Theme: None at the moment. Gotta search!

Other: Nichols sympathizes with the children, and wouldn't even bother wearing the suit if it weren't for the fact that he wouldn't make it two weeks if he were to contract Touch, even if he used Null. He has plans to allow the children to see the outside world at least once, even if it costs him his job and his freedom.

Character list has been updated.~

Does anyone have any questions regarding the RP, the researchers, the facility, the children, etc? I'd be happy to answer any questions that may cause confusion later on in the RP if left unanswered for you.

7fq9JNQE.jpg

Name: Noel

Birthday: November 11

Sex: Female

ID #: 119

Life Expectancy: 32 weeks

Other Conditions: N/A

Appearance: (Pic related.) *Light brown hair. **Green eyes

Family: None that she is aware of.

Feelings about Situation: Due to her being put into the facility shortly after being born, she does not have much of an understanding of the outside world, among several other things, death being one of them. Most of the other kids are pretty reserved when it comes to discussing it, and the researchers will avoid the topic completely, making her seem a bit sheltered compared to some of the other kids. She feels safe inside the facility, not that she shouldn't, but her curiosity continues to linger, and her actions remain unpredictable.

Short Bio: She seems to be optimistic, although it can be argued that she's simply too naive to understand the predicament the rest of the children and her are in. She has shown to act on impulse, making quick the decisions that aren't exactly wise, some rather questionable. She tends to follow the older kids around, particularly those who've spent part of their lives outside, she strives for the information they provide, completely fascinated by even the most insignificant of details.

Character Theme: Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Instrumental)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any questions regarding the RP, the researchers, the facility, the children, etc? I'd be happy to answer any questions that may cause confusion later on in the RP if left unanswered for you.
Could I make it that Nichols is the man that's nice to Ama and introduced her to her tea addiction? :U

@Boss Megu, I could probably do that, though Nichols isn't a tea drinker himself. I could see him suggesting it as a relaxation technique though.

I made an interest check for another, more expansive roleplay. You guys can read through and see if you'd be interested (there's a lot of info): INTEREST CHECK - The Variable Project

Status
Not open for further replies.