Touch (OOC and Sign Ups)

downloadfile.jpeg

Name: Corey Mercer

Height: 5'11

Weight: 126

Nationality: Caucasian/American

Appearance: Short snow white hair, Vacant silver iris eyes, Ghostly Pale skin, below average weight for a male his height.

Wielder Class: Divine

Wielder Type: Lifter

Wielder Level: 3

Personality: Corey Mercer is a unique entity that passes by any pedestrian by the mutual understanding of people's personal lives. He goes about his own exsistence in a strange way ignoring the ordinary life of society's seventeen year olds. Corey is a kind young man who will do what he can for someone who is in need. Though he isn't one to talk very much as well as being a shadow in the wake of others, he has a strange unmatched desire to sway others into thinking in his verse. Of course he doesn't do it often, being a loner and sticking to his constant walk with his favorite headphones over his ears and listening to his favorite music (Which is almost anything). A music lover to the core, Corey can drown himself from any boring or dul place to slip into a place of paradise when he becomes lost in the songs he holds in his portable music player. A blind man at birth, you'd expect him to slam his face into a wall or light post on the sidewalk end yet he advances like any other normal human being. How could that be?

Bio: Corey is a rather difficult and abnormal character in the world he lives in. Born to Paul Mercer's wife, Jennifer, Corey came into the world a highly anticipated and greatly expected beautiful baby. Of course, being the son of a Lifter who strove for the effort to create a naturally born wielder, Corey had to endure a rather unruly amount of difficulties. Paul for a long time during Jennifer's pregnancy has concentrated his telekinetic ability into his beloved wife's belly (of course without her knowing). Paul had even found himself imprinting on the unborn child to undergo even more efforts to make the experiment of Wielder birth successful with the ability to feel what Corey feels. When the baby boy was finally pulled from his mother's womb, the world gazed in both shock and awe at the sight of such a pale baby. Coloration in his cheeks were faint as where his fingers and feet. The poor child's body was experiencing coldness and lack of heat. Paul discovered that the baby was very strong in the ability of telekinesis thanks to his efforts. But a newborn was certainly not able to control the power and was no doubt born into the world a Level 0. The delivery room in disaster from Corey's oblivious struggle to survive the frightening new environment, Paul fought to calm down the child as well as prevent any harm to come to the baby.

However, after the baby was calm and silence filled the room, Paul performed a final analysis on his son finding out about his offspring's tragic issue. Corey's telekinetic power when uncontrolled is a form of defense that works to protect the vessel of itself. In his mother's womb and especially when birthed, Corey's power rushed to protect him. Color pigmentation was a faulty dna that the defense saw as a threat and prevented from continuing its pursuit to give color to Corey's appearance. With pure natural snow white hair as well as strong silver eyes, Corey was the representation of the word "Light". Paul found that the telekinesis was also protecting his son from the heat causing the body to suffer from freezing, but with a little push on his own power, the baby acclaimed warmth once again (It is unexplained as to why the Lifter ability kept Corey from the heat when he came into the delivery room but allowed the warmth of his mother to give him the heat during her pregnancy). Luckily because of Paul's constant channeling power into Corey's fetus during the 9 month period, Corey attained his five senses as well as gained a sixth sense thanks to Paul's communication through telepathy. However, once born into the world and his eyes opened to the light stinging them, once again the power rushed to save him. Unfortunately, the uncontrolled telekinetics was more aggressive at this case because of the light causing agony in Corey's pure vision and wound up breaking the connection of his eyes as forced Corey to become blind. Paul did what he could but the best that could be done was help to improve his son's other senses, teach him a little about his power and telekinetically speak with him.

When Corey was only three, something happened where Paul abandoned Corey and the child was raised by a friend of his father's for a time. When he was ten, the boy's guardian was found and killed by agents of the Organization only for Corey to escape. Corey's education did not come through school. Instead, he received teachings through three ways. The first was when he was around his father and they shared the link between minds. Corey gained somewhat natural understanding of the many things that Paul thought about and adapted to the seemingly advanced education. During his time with Paul's friend, Corey went through a makeshift form of home-schooling that didn't have to do with putting Corey's name in a school roster. And the third way of learning was through a similar form like he did when he was linked to his father. Corey would infiltrate his yearning mind into strangers that pass him by. He would gain a little bit more knowledge as he went. Eventually, Corey Mercer became the seventeen year old lone wanderer he is today. Thanks to his learning from the minds of other people, he discovered about society, the organization as well as it's hunt for wielders with supernatural power. Corey already knew that he was a wielder and worked to hide himself from suspecting people. Of course you might think that a pale teenager with white hair would stick out like a sore thumb, but then again, would they really think of a wielder openly drawing attention to themselves? Corey's used this tactic all his lonely exsistence and it's seemed to work. Thanks to Corey's telekinetic learnings, he's learned basically everything that any seventeen year old would have learned by this point in their lives, especially learning the English Language as well as the most important discovery he'd found yet, Music...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: a touch of dread
Here's corey's picture since it didnt show up in the CS.
(ps, i retouched it a bit so that it didnt look quite as tacky as last time. Still cant get the silver to work on the eyes though >.>)
cory.jpg.png

• Love
Reactions: Sun Moon
Aww man... thank you Shadicmaster but I was gonna make two Corey Mercer character sheets. One for Teenage Corey (story 2) and the other for Adult Corey (story 3) I am grateful though that you put up Adult Corey. Im gonna make some adjustments to the cs so that you all can see Corey as a Teen.

Reactions: Shadicmaster
There... you should be able to see him now.

Keeping my eye on this for now

@Vio Welcome to the Touch Thread my friend and please I encourage as much of your interest as I can take. I am grateful for anyone to spark an interest in my RP. Thank you for revealing your observing of this thread and the thread that will later be link to this. Are you seeking to join as a participant or a reader?

Reactions: Esmeray
@Vio Welcome to the Touch Thread my friend and please I encourage as much of your interest as I can take. I am grateful for anyone to spark an interest in my RP. Thank you for revealing your observing of this thread and the thread that will later be link to this. Are you seeking to join as a participant or a reader?
If I cant join as a player then I might just read it.

@Vio Well seeing as we only have four current participating members, I would be very grateful for your effort to be a player my dearest friend. :) Will you present yourself to my humble rp and join us?

Corey.png

Name: Corey Mercer

Height: 6'1

Weight: 165

Nationality: Caucasian/American

Appearance: Short snow white hair, Vacant silver iris eyes, Ghostly Pale skin, now average weight for a male his height. Inheriting several similar body and character traits from his father Paul Mercer.

Wielder Class: Divine

Wielder Type: Lifter

Wielder Level: 5 (Restricted at the beginning of the story having only the capabilities of a level 3 for reasons to be explained in story)

Personality: Although Corey has gone through life sticking to his own preferred lifestyle, he has had some changes in his persona after the events that took place in story 2. Corey Mercer now actually inherits characteristic traits from his father, Paul Mercer, and has become a much wiser and much more honorable man. Though he tends to slip back to his loner side from time to time, he wields a more refined social skill with the people around him. Not to mention as well that he is no longer alone with his daughter, Quin Mercer, at his side. Corey keeps in touch with his friends who accompanied him through the second story but for the most part works hard to provide for his daughter as well as stir her down the right path to give her the best life she could have. He even went to the point of giving up music by giving her his (now broken headphones) as a sign to devote his care and importance to her.

Bio: Corey escaped his Teenaged life and shifted into his adulthood. Corey moved in to settle down in peace becoming married to a loving and loyal wife of course after a couple of years of getting to know and care about each other. Not long after marriage did Corey and his wife be gifted with a child. Corey channeled his Lifter ability into the child's body as she rested within her mother's womb just like Paul did for Corey. Of course, this time at the delivery room, Corey was ready for what Paul wasn't ready for. Using his power to protect the newborn level 0 Lifter from the outside potential hazards as well as herself and her own ability, Corey managed to keep her warm, keep her calm as best he could, and prevented her telekinetic power from doing the same thing to her as his power did to him. It was a success in protecting the newborn girl's eyes but at an unexpected price, being dealt to her ears instead.

Corey did not seek to leave his daughter but after discovering her husband and daughter were both wielders, especially Lifters, Corey's wife wanted nothing to do with any of it and just left. Now a single father with a young and beautiful little girl, Corey strove to be the best parent that any child could ever have. Although he blames himself for her deafness, he did was he could to allow his daughter to use her power to be able to "Hear in her own way" just as he "Sees in his own way". Using her ability with her father, she can telekinetically converse with him without using voice or sign language. Corey had even presented her with his favorite headphones which he owned when he was seventeen (Doesn't work any more but is still in tact) to give others a sense of believing she can hear. Though this exsistence seemed to be a small and humble one regardless of his deeds in the previous story, Corey finds it to be much more preferred compared to the high and glorious life of others.

Note: I can't detail too much for Corey's Bio here because of potential spoilers so I have to settle with only two paragraphs compared to the three paragraph bios of Paul and Teen Corey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there open spots? This looks very interesting!

@Ayla yes... there are still spots open but for the sake of initiating you into the group, do read the rules in the first post of the first page please. Welcome to Touch.

Reactions: Ayla
Just a side note/potential reminder to all potential members or players of the Touch group, I would like to ask you to again reread (If didn't read it before read) the rules on the very first post as there is something in those rules that I KNOW you missed. Don't worry its not a big deal and I don't mean to sound strict or mean/rude if it comes across as that, but to me it is important that I KNOW that you've read the rules and by doing it informs me that you have. A hint IF you need it has to do with a specific quote that I pay homage to a quote made by Corey Mercer in this very story as well as a particular color. Bare in mind as well that I skim through every single post in this thread daily to double check on things so I won't miss anything if you alter or edit a message.

Thank you.

roxia merith.jpg
Name:
Quin Mercer

Height:
4'10

Weight:

Nationality:
Caucasion/

Appearance:
Willowy and slight of frame, bearing silverish blue eyes (some color having been able to be retained from birth, though very little) with pale skin and silvery hair from birth, Quin, though in a natural developmental stage to be around pubescent in age, is still very flat chested with a very angular appearance

Wielder Class:
Divine

Wielder Type:
Lifter

Wielder Level:
tbd

Personality:
Inheriting the tendency to be cast offish and loner leaning from her father, Quin has a natural social anxiety stemming from her knowledge that everyone seems to disapprove of wielders. Her knowledge, however, is often translated a step further due to an almost alter ego like state of low self esteem where she feels that not only is she disapproved, but hated by everyone for being different than everyone else. When not in such a depressive state, however, (she getting so down very rarely) she is a very cheery girl, masked by a face of calculation, always trying to figure something out or make something better. She lives by the soul mantra of 'make the world better, else it'll be left worse when you're gone'

Bio:
Having been born a lifter much in the fashion of her father, Quin was in a slightly more fortunate position to have been protected from herself and her power, though even the best of intentions couldnt have saved her hearing. Instead of her power overcompensating, as was the case in her father's birth, the presence of another power assisting in shielding her caused too much 'noise' that overwhelmed her hearing, making her sensitive to everything, though the first thing that had struck her when the protection had been removed was the literally deafening sound of the world around her. The rest of her body quickly adapted, but the damage had been done, leaving her without her sense of hearing. She grew up separate from most children, always finding other people weird in how they needed to use words spoken orally to communicate. It never registered to her that she and Corey, her father, were special and that everyone else was the normal ones. Eventually, she began to learn at a normal pace, even reaching speaking milestones through use of training in use of her very low level lifter abilities, eventually finding ways to sense vibrations in her own body, the air around her, and even in solid objects, much like deaf people develop increased senses of sight, or blind people develop increased hearing and touch. Now, she is almost indistinguishable from a normal child, with exception of her ghostly pale skin and moon silver hair.

appologies for the short bio, but she hasnt really lived much of a life, thus there is little to tell XD

I also did a little bit of work on my other two characters, though I'm not quite done yet

@Shadicmaster #1.... love how you did Quin. The biois just fine and the rest of her story will play out when we run it.

#2 I know that you've edited Mali and Fiorella because like I said in an announcement, I skim through the thread daily. I saw it and believe its coming along nicely. Keep it up.

@Shattered♦Secrets™ forgive my prying but it seems that Monday has passed. Have you forgotten or lost interest?

@Vio @Ayla I trust that the pair of you are working on characters or thinking about a wielder to reserve.

I didn't do it in my first post since I didn't know if it was open, so..
"I have my own way of seeing."
However interesting this looks, I'm a little confused.

I was sure I read everything but I'm on mobile so I don't know if I missed something?
Were do I reserve a weilder, I don't see a list >~<

Reactions: Vuthra Moon
@Ayla Lol you simply tell me which wielder type to reserve. I have three lists that show five types of wielder for each. Underneath each picture is writen aname and () saying either open, taken, restricted, or limited. You simply tell me which type you want to reserve for your character that isnt taken or restricted and all yyou'll need is to make a cs.

The list of Divine and Elemental w ielders is on page 1. The list of Lesser w ielders is on page 2 along with a template for a character sheet. Take a look.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ayla
There isn't a sign next to Shifter... is that one open?