Totally Spies!!!

• Thread starter Tisiphone; Slave 2 Beauty
  • Start date

Please Pick One of the Following to Indicate Your Interest in This Roleplay!

• I'd kill to play a character (I'll deny everything if you tell the cops!).

• I'm super interested!

• Interested, but I won't be devistated if I can't be in it.

• Sounds cool.

• Eh...

• This is not that great.

• It's not even that great of a show!

• I can't believe I wasted my time reading this.

• I bet my computer just got a virus just bc I clicked on this interest check.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me Too! I feel like I should give you two crowns and flowers and a sash that says Miss Alex and Miss Clover beauty pageant style

• Love
Reactions: FoxyAlice
Well, since it's a competition for two out of three Spy slots, I think I'll leave that for fans of the show. I.e., if I lose, wasted time; if I win, I take a spot from a fan who probably wanted it more than me. But just for the heck of it, I think I'll make a Student, and see how long she lasts...

Student/Potential Recruit/Potential Victim/Sidekick-ish

tumblr_m4yc4xbrKR1qci6yk_zpsfe355823.jpg

Name:
Briar Rose Chardbury

Sexuality:
Dreadfully sorry, I'm afraid boys still have cooties. Besides, everyone at school is much too old for me.

Ethnicity:
British

Extra Curricular:
Science and Technology Club, Nature Club. Electives: Zoology, Anatomy, Art (jewelry making).

Personality:
Briar Rose is highly intelligent, though she often seems to have the attention span of a gnat. Her mind is constantly leaping from one thing to another. Her notebooks and papers are always in a complete state of disarray, yet somehow she is able to actually find things (unless someone "tidies up" for her!). She quickly loses herself in reading, writing, and tinkering with inventions and research projects in varying stages of partial completion. She is easily intimidated, since most everyone is bigger, stronger, and meaner than she is. Hahaha, like totally.

Biography:
Briar Rose was conceived by her mother in an affair, and she does not know who her real father is. Her nominal father (Undersecretary of Defense for the UK, and an heir to a seat on the House of Lords) hates her, but keeps up appearances in public to protect the family from scandal. Her parents fight constantly, so she retreats into worlds of scholarship and invention. She raced ahead of children her own age in her schoolwork (which she views as an inconvenience to be dispensed with quickly so she can move on to more interesting things). As soon as she started doing high-school level work, her "father," Theodoric Chadbury, has enrolled her into Hollowcreste, the boarding school he went to as a boy, an elitist school filled with privileged rich brats and social climbers. He was a top predator there in his day, and he knows full well that it will make Briar Rose--and by extension her mother--utterly miserable. Since she is constantly used as a reminder of her mother's infidelity, Briar Rose blames herself for her parents' fighting, and is coming to the conclusion that they'd be happier without her.

Skills:
Technical drawing, mathematics (algebra and geometry, plus a smattering of calculus and trigonometry on an approximately high school level), general biological investigation (sample collection, basic analysis using the tools she has, i.e., she can do a litmus test, a dissection, examine plant tissue under her microscope, but can't sequence a genome), a broad but not deep "general scientific knowledge." She knows more about biology and general mechanics (low-tech-ish machinery) than physics or astronomy, but she is familiar with an eclectic range of basic concepts.

Equipment:
Canvas and leather hiker's backpack she uses as a book bag. Usually contains a ruggedized, Steampunk-modded laptop computer, a seemingly random collection of notebooks and papers inscribed with oddly whimsical "technical" drawings of various inventions and ideas in different stages of completion, and notes written in neat feminine handwriting. Drafting tools, measuring tape, tweezers, a set of sample boxes and small Pyrex vials, litmus paper, a Leatherman multi-tool, hand lens, compass, a textbook on ecology, and a "pocket" field guide to wildlife and plants in Montana. A girl's bike with a handlebar basket and rear pannier and saddlebags containing a bike repair multi-tool, spare chain and tire tube, foot-powered tire pump, tire patch kit, bike lock, water bottle and lunch box. She has a lens that converts her smartphone camera into a microscope.

Favorite Outfit:
(pictured above)
Tweed jacket, white dress shirt and tie, pleated wool skirt, white stockings, and black Mary Janes. If it's not too warm, she also wears a six-foot knit scarf striped in autumnal tones.

Dorm Room:

eclectic-bedroom.jpg

M19.jpg

Story Arc Idea: Perhaps Briar Rose could suspect that "something is up" with the three "cousins" (due to suspicious comings-and-goings, or she spots one doing something spy-ish). Deciding they might somehow be involved with the kidnappings, she starts to investigate them. They catch her in the act (either blatantly, or one of the trio "spies" her spying on the others). She's too cute for them to just beat up, or hit with a tranquilizer dart, duct-tape-mummify and hide in a basement or something, so then they have to figure out what to do with her...

Additional idea: Since the dorm rooms are for two, and there are three Spies, perhaps the third could have Briar Rose for a roommate?​
Also, we have our first non-spy player :)

Well Alan would really be Mister Alex LOL

But thanks.

So what's the plan on the two or so OC characters? Just curious.
Edit: Oh maybe I was a second late asking this...

Reactions: Cirilla
Well probably start sometime this afternoon. I'm going to write up a prologue of you will or a low down on the recent victims including names, parental occupations and such so it'll take me a big. Plus I'm at work

Reactions: Cirilla
Wait I thought just Alex, um Alan was in. Not him and Rose.

Wait I thought just Alex, um Alan was in. Not him and Rose.
Briar* Rose. It's another player's character- she's a student, possibly one of the next victims (not that the spies know that).

I'll try and get a post up later. Multi tasking doesn't do well for em when making a long post to get new characters stared. I'll also add Rose.

I gotta say, I love Rose Cook's Dorm of Darkness. :D Also, I see a handlebar mustache among her clothing items, but I can't tell if it's a belt buckle, hair clip, or something else. What is it? (Curiosity getting the best of me)

Just one of the things that popped up for spy outfits LOL

Basically for a disguise. So a fake mustache.

Rose was not accepted @Raven . Please remove her from ur post.

I asked and thought you said she was. Meh.. Okay.

I've had some RL stuff come up, which is going to keep me away from the 'net from 8/10 until 8/26 or so. I apologize for any RP'ing delays or inconvenience.

Also: Don't die, little Spies! ;)

I'm back. Are we going to continue this? *Puppy-dog eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.