totally killing my vibe here.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Ibara no Joō, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sick and tired of trying to find partners and then I mess up on one tiny thing and they decide that "Oh I'm sorry I'm going to roleplay with this person now" or "I'm too busy with my other roleplays" or we don't match up and you're ideas are dumb even though I have specific pairings or fandoms that you have on your search.
    I'm also sick of the same people trying to roleplay with me over and over just to kick dust in my face

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  2. That can be frustrating!! *hug* :( honestly when I get dumped as a partner it feels like a mini break up; you don't always see it coming, there's an element of "but I thought we were fine!", and you wonder if you'll ever find someone it works with.

Unfortunately, just like with dating, it's a trial by failure; try try again and remember that everything ends until something doesn't. Maybe try having a (calm, neutral tone) discussion about the specifics of why they want to leave?

Oh! I also find it therapeutic to write out an ending or adapt the roleplay into short story form, basically finish it up by myself. It's less of a let-down that way. The downside is I need the other player's permission if I want to post or publish anything with their character/plot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minibit is completely correct about losing roleplay partners like being dumped! Hell, the nature of the relationship is so weird, it's almost as if you're dating (but you end up having like, a dozen or so, depending on your speed huehuehue). But in all honesty, it really is a matter of finding that perfect fit. Well, maybe not perfect, but finding the partner that's malleable and willing to listen to your needs, and you willing to listen to theirs as well. If the RP is going into comedy and you don't want it to, you should be able to have the courage and feel comfortable enough to speak up. If it's going well, you should be so happy to tell them, and not dreading that you'll have to continue!

Sound familiar? Just like an actual relationship! (Well, almost).

Again, Minibit hits the nail on the head for ending RPs. Try asking for reasons why, but in the most calm and neutral of discussions. Take it as a learning experience. And when/if it all ends, make up your own ending! Finish it off on your own as quickly and as brief as you feel up to.

AND THEN RECYCLE THAT CHARACTER AND USE HIM/HER AGAIN!! (lol jk no really I do that all the time).

If you ever want to talk, I'm always here! Hit me up whenever!

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you want to RP. Just hit me up. IF we are compatible, of course. I don’t judge.

:)

I Just enjoy

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.